Official Far Cry 3 Hype Thread. GS=9.0

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#351 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

GameSpy review: 4.5/5"Even though the story is propped up by a memorable villain, exploration is the show-stealing star of Far Cry 3. "Zensword

When r u getting the game bro?

Killzonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#352 Killzonage
Member since 2012 • 397 Posts
I actually might buy this game.
MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#353 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

Bugs are bugs, doesn't matter the size or quality of the game. If one game gets a "freebie" while another one doesn't that is favoritism out the ***, not hard to understand but again I doubt you understand that simple concept frozen.

If bugs happen in a less appealing game compared to an appealing game there's no neutral ground doing that review, you will easily ignore bugs which honestly shouldn't be ignored on any level. You wonder why the NFL has strict restrictions on referees?, favoritism would ruin the game, same with video games. I loved Skyrim and GW2 but they had some pretty annoying bugs/glitches. That's why they need to remove the scoring system in reviews cause there's no such thing as a perfect scoring game or a flawless game some people might say.

Cherokee_Jack

When did it become the goal of a review to analyze a game's technical workmanship? The focus is their personal experience with the game, not how hard they think the programmers worked.If that experience wasn't spoiled by the bugs, knocking down the game's score because of them is helpful to precisely nobody.

At that point you might as well say "Well I love Skyrim's RPG elements, but some people might be mad that they were simplified, so I'm going to take .5 off the score."

A game should be reviewed on all its merits. Why are Oscars handed out for best directing/cinematography/sound effects/make-up? Are they not technical aspects ofany film? What's the difference with games? The enjoyment the reviewer gets should surely be taken into account but so should the craftsmanship and technical prowess of the software also. Technical issues should always be addressed, as what may not have bothered the reviewer can bother someone else immensely.
balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#355 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

Gameplay looks too consolise for my taste. i dont think its as good as reviewers make it out. but then again looks better than most crap these daysSNIPER4321

3835sohardcore.jpg

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#356 MirkoS77

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]Gameplay looks too consolise for my taste. i dont think its as good as reviewers make it out. but then again looks better than most crap these daysbalfe1990

3835sohardcore.jpg

Is Crysis running modded on your system?
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#357 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

The enjoyment the reviewer gets should surely be taken into account but so should the craftsmanship and technical prowess of the software also. MirkoS77
That depends on whether you think of a review as purely a work of criticism or a recommendation. I'm not sure what Kevin thinks his reviews are, but ultimately they fall into the recommendation category because that's how they're written and that's how Gamespot positions their reviews. As such there's no place for arms-length judgments of quality. If it didn't meaningfully affect the experience the reviewer had, it's irrelevant.

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358 balfe1990

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]Gameplay looks too consolise for my taste. i dont think its as good as reviewers make it out. but then again looks better than most crap these daysMirkoS77

3835sohardcore.jpg

You know it bro.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts
[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]Gameplay looks too consolise for my taste. i dont think its as good as reviewers make it out. but then again looks better than most crap these days

What changes to the gameplay would make it more pc centric?
MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360 MirkoS77

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"][QUOTE="balfe1990"]

3835sohardcore.jpg

balfe1990

You know it bro.

In that case, I think it's about time for me to upgrade.
balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362 balfe1990

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]Is Crysis running modded on your system? MirkoS77

You know it bro.

In that case, I think it's about time for me to upgrade.

If you're looking for similar specs, I'm sure NASA would be happy to oblige.

Just tell them I sent you, it's cool brah.

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363 balfe1990

[QUOTE="Cranler"][QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]Gameplay looks too consolise for my taste. i dont think its as good as reviewers make it out. but then again looks better than most crap these daysSNIPER4321

No Arrows showing where enemies are, no regen health, no cover system, no marking targets and on and on

I actually totally agree with the arrows bit. Marking targets is cool though.

Makes you feel like you're actually assaulting a base/stronghold/enemy camp etc. Far Cry 2 had it, and it worked so well.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#364 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

Bugs are bugs, doesn't matter the size or quality of the game. If one game gets a "freebie" while another one doesn't that is favoritism out the ***, not hard to understand but again I doubt you understand that simple concept frozen.

If bugs happen in a less appealing game compared to an appealing game there's no neutral ground doing that review, you will easily ignore bugs which honestly shouldn't be ignored on any level. You wonder why the NFL has strict restrictions on referees?, favoritism would ruin the game, same with video games. I loved Skyrim and GW2 but they had some pretty annoying bugs/glitches. That's why they need to remove the scoring system in reviews cause there's no such thing as a perfect scoring game or a flawless game some people might say.

Cherokee_Jack

When did it become the goal of a review to analyze a game's technical workmanship? The focus is their personal experience with the game, not how hard they think the programmers worked.If that experience wasn't spoiled by the bugs, knocking down the game's score because of them is helpful to precisely nobody.

At that point you might as well say "Well I love Skyrim's RPG elements, but some people might think they're dumbed down, so I'm going to take .5 off the score."

/facepalm

Skyrim has game breaking bugs (which most of them are fixed now, although Dawnguard has opened up more bugs) and the class kevin played as (Necro) had horrible bugs and pet AI which was voiced out loud on the GW2 official forums, which I'm sure they are fixed by now. Honestly it's not even worth reviewing an MMO it's first 2-3 or months out.

Saying both games are a 9/10 rating means they are almost perfect technically and entertainment value, we all ****** know reviews aren't just based on "entertainment value", it's based on entertainment,technical quality and in a way "money value". I love Skyrim, hell it's even one of my fav games of all time, yet I don't ignore the bugs it has. I know you're gonna say something stupid like "well some people can ignore those bugs", It's funny cause how many of those people you think don't give other games with bugs/glitches a chance cause it doesn't "appeal" to them or the game is lesser quality, that's being biased out the ***. There's no sugar coating it.

That's why there should be no number point scale for a review, a simple buy it,rent it or skip it should be how games are viewed. But w/e continue believing as you do Cherokee_Jack, cause it just further proves how biased and how bad reviews have gotten the last few years. We all know people look at that number and if it's not a 9 or above, people believe it's a crappy game.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365 Ballroompirate

[QUOTE="Cranler"][QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]Gameplay looks too consolise for my taste. i dont think its as good as reviewers make it out. but then again looks better than most crap these daysSNIPER4321

No Arrows showing where enemies are, no regen health, no cover system, no marking targets and on and on

From what I've seen Far Cry 3 has nether of those, unless you want to think hiding in a bush or behind a building is cover.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366 sukraj

3 days to go.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

Far Cry 3 isn't found on Steam. Guess I'm gonna wait for the next sale.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368 Cherokee_Jack

Saying both games are a 9/10 rating means they are almost perfect technically and entertainment value,we all ****** know reviews aren't just based on "entertainment value", it's based on entertainment,technical quality and in a way "money value". I love Skyrim, hell it's even one of my fav games of all time, yet I don't ignore the bugs it has. I know you're gonna say something stupid like "well some people can ignore those bugs", It's funny cause how many of those people you think don't give other games with bugs/glitches a chance cause it doesn't "appeal" to them or the game is lesser quality, that's being biased out the ***. There's no sugar coating it.

Ballroompirate

I'm not going to explain for the nth Goddamn argument about "perfect" vs. "top of the scale". Everyone should grasp that by now.

Anyway.There's no reason to divide it into "entertainment, technical quality, and money value" because it's all the same thing. Value and technical quality are only important as they relate to the experience, and the only experience a reviewer can realistically speak about is his own. Obviously if he finds the bugs are a problem, he shouldn't ignore them, but if they don't get in the way of his enjoyment then so be it. What he thought of the game when he played it is all he has to offer, and it's all anyone can reasonably expect when they read a subjective review.

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#369 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts
[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="Cranler"][QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]Gameplay looks too consolise for my taste. i dont think its as good as reviewers make it out. but then again looks better than most crap these days

You sure don't know what you're talking about. FC3 doesn't have regen health. Tagging enemies is optional. Crysis has regen health so it's consolized ? lol
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370 Ballroompirate

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

Saying both games are a 9/10 rating means they are almost perfect technically and entertainment value,we all ****** know reviews aren't just based on "entertainment value", it's based on entertainment,technical quality and in a way "money value". I love Skyrim, hell it's even one of my fav games of all time, yet I don't ignore the bugs it has. I know you're gonna say something stupid like "well some people can ignore those bugs", It's funny cause how many of those people you think don't give other games with bugs/glitches a chance cause it doesn't "appeal" to them or the game is lesser quality, that's being biased out the ***. There's no sugar coating it.

Cherokee_Jack

I'm not going to explain for the nth Goddamn argument about "perfect" vs. "top of the scale". Everyone should grasp that by now.

Anyway.There's no reason to divide it into "entertainment, technical quality, and money value" because it's all the same thing. Value and technical quality are only important as they relate to the experience, and the only experience a reviewer can realistically speak about is his own. Obviously if he finds the bugs are a problem, he shouldn't ignore them, but if they don't get in the way of his enjoyment then so be it. What he thought of the game when he played it is all he has to offer, and it's all anyone can reasonably expect when they read a subjective review.

You're such an idiot, the two games we've been talking about Skyrim and GW2 had some pretty bad bugs and glitches, some you can't SIMPLY IGNORE cause they effect ether your progression or the class you're playing as. It's not like I'm comparing a simple glitch that is barely noticeable or doesn't effect your gameplay.

Are some of those bugs/glitches patched?, yes of course, but we're talking about the time the review was made which those bugs/glitches where well known by players and other reviewers. If those major bugs didn't impact Kevin, yet minor bugs do in other games that's being called inconsistent and biased look it up GD. I know you're gonna say he must have had a quality experience while playing those two games, I will tell you for the last ******* time how could he have had a "quality" or fun experience playing two games that had major/game breaking bugs?.

Reviewers need to realize that people look at scores differently than they do, everyone here can say they at least have disagreed on at least one GS review whether the game scored lower or higher than what they would've gave their opinion on. I can already see who ever reviews FC3 will say something along the line of "Far Cry 3 is simply amazing and the best in the series" and scores ether an 8 or 8.5 (which would put it ether equal or less than FC2) which would further prove how inconsistent GS is with their reviews. If the game is reviewed by a different person that did the other two games then they need to clarify on what they thought they thought of the previous 2 or so games instead of just doing an instant comparison if they thought the game is better than the previous 2.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#371 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

So I went back to play some farcry 2 from watching a few farcry 3 vids just to compare, holy hell I must have forgotten how bad this game is because everything feels like a chore.

Driving is just plain lame, there's zero momentum to the **** vehicles, the shooting is bland, getting missions sucks, the missions suck, just everything sucks.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372 Cherokee_Jack

Are some of those bugs/glitches patched?, yes of course, but we're talking about the time the review was made which those bugs/glitches where well known by players and other reviewers. If those major bugs didn't impact Kevin, yet minor bugs do in other games that's being called inconsistent and biased look it up GD. I know you're gonna say he must have had a quality experience while playing those two games, I will tell you for the last ******* time how could he have had a "quality" or fun experience playing two games that had major/game breaking bugs?.

Ballroompirate

Because the same bugs don't happen the same way or with the same frequency to every player? Bugs are naturally unpredictable, that's why tons of money is spent on QA and yet no one ever releases a bug-free product.

I stopped playing Skyrim before even finishing the main questline because it started routinely crashing every 30 minutes for no reason I could understand. By your backwards reasoning, no one could have had a good experience with Skyrim because they would all have had the same problem I did, but obviously most people didn't. Likewise, it should be obvious that within the comparatively tiny group of Skyrim players who reviewed it professionally, many of them could have avoided having their experience ruined because most bugs aren't guaranteed to happen at all, much less with enough frequency to make it not a great experience.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#373 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49567 Posts

GamerwillzPS

You're not looking hard enough.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374 Ballroompirate

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

Stevo_the_gamer

Give him some slack, it's hard to use the search function and type "far cry"

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375 MirkoS77

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

Ballroompirate

Give him some slack, it's hard to use the search function and type "far cry"

I tried it as well and didn't find it the first time I searched for it for some reason, only the first two. Came on here and asked and someone said they had it, went back and there it was after doing the exact same search. He's not alone, I don't know why it did it but searching the first time didn't show it.

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#376 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts
These reviews aren't enough to convince me that Far Cry 3 is worth 60 bucks. Far Cry 2 got a ton of praise too and that game could have been used as a tool to get insomniacs to fall asleep.
caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#377 caseypayne69
Member since 2002 • 5395 Posts
I never played a Far Cry game. Is it worth playing 1 and 2 first?
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378 GamerwillzPS

I never played a Far Cry game. Is it worth playing 1 and 2 first?caseypayne69

No.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379 GamerwillzPS

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

Stevo_the_gamer

Link.

Self-owned.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380 sukraj

2 days to go

xath2305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381 xath2305
Member since 2009 • 95 Posts

2 days to go

sukraj

9 hours here :P already pre-loaded it in steam yesterday night

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382 GamerwillzPS

*types "far cry 3" in Steam's search box*

y u no there?! :cry:

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#383 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

GamerwillzPS

Link.

Self-owned.

lol UK.
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#384 GamerwillzPS

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]You're not looking hard enough.

Stevo_the_gamer

Link.

Self-owned.

lol UK.

I don't understand what is going on, but I'm sure that they will be back in Steam soon.

But anyway, UK > US. Good luck out there in the battlefield full of guns. ;)

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#385 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
But anyway, UK > US. Good luck out there in the battlefield full of guns. ;)GamerwillzPS
I can purchase Far Cry 3 on Steam. Can you?
Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts
My copy has shipped
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387 GamerwillzPS

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]But anyway, UK > US. Good luck out there in the battlefield full of guns. ;)Stevo_the_gamer

Is that what makes America a better place? Yeah right! :lol:

I hope you already got health insurance! I don't and I don't have to worry about it. I will be carted off to the hospital for free if anything happens to me. For £100? Nah. It will be £0.00. :cool:

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#388 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]But anyway, UK > US. Good luck out there in the battlefield full of guns. ;)GamerwillzPS

I hope you already got health insurance! I don't and I don't have to worry about it. I will be carted off to the hospital for free if anything happens to me. For £100? Nah. It will be £0.00. :cool:

Far Cry 3 is available in every Steam region except the UK; that silly attempt to jab at the US is rather strange. But none the less, back to lol at UK.
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389 GamerwillzPS

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]I can purchase Far Cry 3 on Steam. Can you?Stevo_the_gamer

Far Cry 3 is available in every Steam region except the UK; that silly attempt to jab at the US is rather strange. But none the less, back to lol at UK.

Okay, but do explain why you have the bastardised version of the English language.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#390 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

Okay, but do explain why you have the bastardised version of the English language.

GamerwillzPS
You're an odd cookie.
Quaker-w00ts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#392 Quaker-w00ts
Member since 2009 • 1646 Posts

I'm really think 8.5 but im gonna go out on a limb and risk saying AAA.

Either way, im buying it later on because of thebacklog at the moment.

Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#393 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

When will Gamespot put their review up?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#395 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
I never played a Far Cry game. Is it worth playing 1 and 2 first?caseypayne69
The first one, definitely.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#396 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts
I'd be playing, but alas, it was not to be, for GMG 's servers are antediluvian. At this rate I'll get to play it after you Americans. Seriously, it says "Time remaining: 6 days" Uplay doesn't appear to have an option for redeeming codes, which is also rather dumb.
Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#397 Zensword
These reviews aren't enough to convince me that Far Cry 3 is worth 60 bucks. Far Cry 2 got a ton of praise too and that game could have been used as a tool to get insomniacs to fall asleep. Fizzman
PC Games (Germany) gave FC3 8.9 " FC3 is more accessible and ultimately better than the 2nd game"
RulerofGondor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#398 RulerofGondor
Member since 2011 • 401 Posts
When does Gamespot's review go up, then?
IPWNDU2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#399 IPWNDU2
Member since 2006 • 2535 Posts

My dumbass went to buy this yesterday :P I saw all of the reviews and figured it came out lol......

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#400 Zensword
When does Gamespot's review go up, then?RulerofGondor
We don't know.