Official: CoD - Ghosts 1080p on PS4, 720p on XOne.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251  Edited By blamix
Member since 2006 • 2029 Posts

Good thing im getting a ps4, lol..

Omega-316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#252  Edited By Omega-316
Member since 2011 • 981 Posts

lolololol Im loving this. where u at lems??? come here so I can rub it in ur faces.

Lems: "Xbox, do 1080p"

Xbox: "lol"

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@Gatman32 said:

I think Sony fanboys care more about this news than Xbox fanboys. The Sony fanboys are having a circle jerk while the Xbox fanboys are like, meh whatever.

Really. Especially after the Cow circle jerk on the BF4 rumors and then a day after the video debuts not one new thread on it, lol. But hey whipped them yesterday with the Titanfall news. Let them have their day today. System Wars goes back and forth like a pendulum. When that CoD footage debuts if its like the BF4 differences this forum will be fun:) Cows are setting things up like the PS4 version will make the Ones look like a 3DS game. Fun times ahead:)

By the way, just saw new footage for Dead Rising 3. The scale of that game is incredible.

Avatar image for deactivated-63e66f5999640
deactivated-63e66f5999640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254  Edited By deactivated-63e66f5999640
Member since 2005 • 495 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@Gatman32 said:

I think Sony fanboys care more about this news than Xbox fanboys. The Sony fanboys are having a circle jerk while the Xbox fanboys are like, meh whatever.

Denial kinda works like that.

Nah, its more of like I dont give a shit. Im getting both systems but Im going to play Ghosts on the Xbox One. I prefer the online service and controller. And honestly, the two versions look exactly the same. Battlefield 4 even looks VERY SLIGHTLY better for the X1 with a "lesser resolution", but who really gives a shit? We are all playing the same game, people that get worked up over stupid shit like this are very weird. First world problems are a bitch.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255  Edited By Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

cod is looking good on the ps4 for real

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256  Edited By deactivated-63e66f5999640

@shawn30 said:

@Gatman32 said:

Really. Especially after the Cow circle jerk on the BF4 rumors and then a day after the video debuts not one new thread on it, lol. But hey whipped them yesterday with the Titanfall news. Let them have their day today. System Wars goes back and forth like a pendulum. When that CoD footage debuts if its like the BF4 differences this forum will be fun:) Cows are setting things up like the PS4 version will make the Ones look like a 3DS game. Fun times ahead:)

By the way, just saw new footage for Dead Rising 3. The scale of that game is incredible.

Oh yeah dude, DR3 is a day one buy for sure!!

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257  Edited By shawn30

@Omega-316 said:

lolololol Im loving this. where u at lems??? come here so I can rub it in ur faces.

Lems: "Xbox, do 1080p"

Xbox: "lol"

NBA2K and Forza 5 say hi:) Lems just sitting back waiting for the gameplay footage to hit. Its funny how Cows have turned pyschic that MS will have no more 1080p and how it looks today is only how good it will ever look. Do you guys have any clue how silly that is? PS4 is more powerful and easuer to dev for. Fact. Xbox One will have games with killer graphics too, and already do with Ryse. Especially as the dev tools get better. PS4 as well. But go on dear Cows with the circle jerk. Lems had their fun yesterday so fair is fair :)

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#258 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

@BPoole96 said:

Cancel that shyiiiiiiet

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#259  Edited By BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

@tonitorsi said:

@BPoole96 said:

Cancel that shyiiiiiiet

The deed has already been done. I suggest others follow my lead

Avatar image for HaloinventedFPS
HaloinventedFPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 HaloinventedFPS
Member since 2010 • 4738 Posts

Doesn't make any sense, the difference between Xbone & PS4 isn't that big

It's comparing a 7790 to a 7850

Avatar image for enviouseyezonme
EnviousEyezOnMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#261 EnviousEyezOnMe
Member since 2013 • 272 Posts

Fanboyism aside, I'd really like to know why all PS4 games look washed out? Every video, regardless of site or source, the vids look washed out compared to any other version...even PS3. I remember when GT used to compare X360vsPS3 when it came to AC games and people always pointed that out. X360 always seemed more rich with detail and colors more vivid. I even see this now when you people try to downplay with these new X1 vs PS4 comparisons. Even at 720p or 900p, the X1 "pops" more IMO. Is anyone else seeing this?? I just watched the AC4 PS3vsPS4 comparison and there it is again...PS4 looks more washed out than it's PS3 counterpart. HmmMmmm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262  Edited By deactivated-63e66f5999640

@HaloinventedFPS: Im guessing its because the X1 is going to be tougher to develop for next gen. Just gotta wait later down the road.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 shawn30

@Gatman32 said:

@HaloinventedFPS: Im guessing its because the X1 is going to be tougher to develop for next gen. Just gotta wait later down the road.

Shhhh. Cows are wanking nearby. Let them have their day. It seems to mean a whole lot to them. Gotta have something to occupy their time cause PS4 launch games, if there were any, sure won't :)

rogelio22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 rogelio22
Member since 2006 • 2477 Posts

@radoman: lol go home xbox! Your drunk an can only see in 720p!

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#265  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

Cali3350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 Cali3350
Member since 2003 • 16134 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@tormentos said:

@kuu2 said:

Ha!

Yes PS4 gets the better version on paper once again. But probably just like BF4 it won't make an ounce of difference. I just saw the MP version of BF4 on The One and I am more than happy. Have not played a COD since Modern Warfare.

My god your damage control is out of this world.

720p.

as much as 14 FPS slower than BF4 on PS4.

horrible jaggies fest.

No AO and still runs slower than the PS4 version which is a joke once AO is apply it will run even slower,it will be a crappy mess on xbox one..

Oh Tormy still butthurt about BF4 looking better on The One.

I would suggest you and the rest of Sony Fan stop popping the champaigne until actual footage of the game comes out otherwise it will be another, 'Bbbuut it is 1080p' and still doesn't look as good.

Better on Xbox One? What are you smoking!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 deactivated-63e66f5999640

@rogelio22: You're*--If YOU'RE going to insult things, do it smart.

Cali3350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268  Edited By Cali3350
Member since 2003 • 16134 Posts

@enviouseyezonme said:

Fanboyism aside, I'd really like to know why all PS4 games look washed out? Every video, regardless of site or source, the vids look washed out compared to any other version...even PS3. I remember when GT used to compare X360vsPS3 when it came to AC games and people always pointed that out. X360 always seemed more rich with detail and colors more vivid. I even see this now when you people try to downplay with these new X1 vs PS4 comparisons. Even at 720p or 900p, the X1 "pops" more IMO. Is anyone else seeing this?? I just watched the AC4 PS3vsPS4 comparison and there it is again...PS4 looks more washed out than it's PS3 counterpart. HmmMmmm

Its just color saturation level. Most likely Sony and Microsoft default to different levels. Irregardless, its just changing it on your system.

Also note, 'washed out' is sometimes the correct view. White is supposed to be 6500K, but you often find TV's with a white level balance around 7800K, causing a bluish tint, because it 'makes things pop!' even though its actually distorting the image.

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#269 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts

@HaloinventedFPS said:

Doesn't make any sense, the difference between Xbone & PS4 isn't that big

It's comparing a 7790 to a 7850

It's the memory killing the performance more than anything right now. The DDR3 is something that is very limiting, and the ESRAM is meant to off set it, but the development tools sound like they just aren't there right now to make proper use of it. The real issue is, though, that ultimately, PS4 is the more powerful console even if the ESRAM is utilized well, so although they might eventually make up for the gimped memory, they will still ultimately be dealing with weaker hardware.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#270 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

@enviouseyezonme said:

Because the PS4 is trying to live up to standards that Sony made with their mouths as usual. The PS4 is a good piece of tech but looking at the pictures and videos it is very obvious they are making major tradeoffs to meet the over hyped rhetoric of E3. The fog, blur, bloom, and poor texture quality is showing in almost of their games.

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

I wonder if it truly is a limitation on the X1 itself or just the difficulty to develop at this point? Doesn't much matter, as BF4 looked better on the X1 despite having a lower resolution. Call it what you will (crushed blacks, etc.) but the X1 had the better picture.

Might as well call the ps4 the Graystation 4. Grey-ness awaits? So it seems from early captures

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272  Edited By HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

Epic fail for a tepid console.

Also, welcome back Dreams!

EnviousEyezOnMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273  Edited By EnviousEyezOnMe

@Cali3350 said:

@enviouseyezonme said:

Its just color saturation level. Most likely Sony and Microsoft default to different levels. Irregardless, its just changing it on your system.

Also note, 'washed out' is sometimes the correct view. White is supposed to be 6500K, but you often find TV's with a white level balance around 7800K, causing a bluish tint, because it 'makes things pop!' even though its actually distorting the image.

I agree, something is wrong. I don't know who's at fault though because every source is showing this "washed out" look with the PS4 games. This is why people are talking about more details being shown in the X1 screen captures of BF4 compared to PS4. You can't blame anyone thinking that either because people will pick the one that has the more detail and "pop", not knowing the resolution. I honestly can't believe non of these sites, reviewers etc don't have their sets calibrated or at least eye ball some settings into their TV's.

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274  Edited By TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

Tessalation

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#275  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@Gatman32 said:

I feel like that too, and it's not a question of denial, I'm reading reports(from Digitalfoundry apparently) that in order to achieve native 1080p native on PS4, sacrifices to the texture quality had to be made, and textures will look better on COD X1.

I have absolutely no idea if this is true or not, but I've also read that the X1 has a powerful upscale chip/processor, and that its upscaled 1080p(from 720p) looks almost identical to native PS4 1080p(in COD anyways).....basically the difference will be almost unnoticeable when you're actually playing the game.

And it's not like the X1 is not capable of doing 1080p native, since Forza 5 will be like that. I honestly don't know what the fuss is all about, some games will be upscaled, some will not, they will all look great....this is not a deal breaker for me in the slightest.

rogelio22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 rogelio22
Member since 2006 • 2477 Posts

@Gatman32: im using my phone.. so I shorten my words!! Sheesh grammer nazis still exist???

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#277  Edited By Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

I am not buying either system for it's graphics, but it's pretty hilarious that Xbox One can't run Ghosts at 1080p. Graphically speaking, COD Ghosts isn't a looker even at 1080p.

Oh well, i still look forward to playing DR3, Forza and Ryse on November 22nd. If by some miracle i do end up buying COD Ghosts, it will be for my PC.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:

@Shewgenja said:

@Gatman32 said:

I feel like that too, and it's not a question of denial, I'm reading reports(from Digitalfoundry apparently) that in order to achieve native 1080p native on PS4, sacrifices to the texture quality had to be made, and textures will look better on COD X1.

I have absolutely no idea if this is true or not, but I've also read that the X1 has a powerful upscale chip/processor, and that its upscaled 1080p(from 720p) looks almost identical to native PS4 1080p(in COD anyways).....basically the difference will be almost unnoticeable when you're actually playing the game.

And it's not like the X1 is not capable of doing 1080p native, since Forza 5 will be like that. I honestly don't know what the fuss is all about, some games will be upscaled, some will not, they will all look great....this is not a deal breaker for me in the slightest.

EnviousEyezOnMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 EnviousEyezOnMe

@kuu2 said:

@enviouseyezonme said:

Because the PS4 is trying to live up to standards that Sony made with their mouths as usual. The PS4 is a good piece of tech but looking at the pictures and videos it is very obvious they are making major tradeoffs to meet the over hyped rhetoric of E3. The fog, blur, bloom, and poor texture quality is showing in almost of their games.

While I won't take it completely there lol I will say, from the comparisons I'm seeing, I honestly would take a lower res(upscaled) with more details over a "washed out" 1080p res. I wonder if some of these devs were able to add more little details to the X1 versions after lowering the resolution?

TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280  Edited By TorqueHappens08

But in all honesty, lems were hyping the ship out of COD being native 1080p, especially in they're official (COD ON XBOX IS 1080P ) thread, which went to shell over time due to epic derails.

Especially when people were saying, COD on PS4 would be 720p, But can you fudging imagine if this was the other way around?

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281  Edited By Gue1

@Alucard_Prime said:

@Shewgenja said:

@Gatman32 said:

Call of duty has textures? News to me. XD

And link please!

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 ReadingRainbow4

I love how even lems have even taken to the name Xbone.

It's become the official title for the system, it's absolutely wonderful.

PraetorianMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 PraetorianMan
Member since 2011 • 2073 Posts

A lot of you guys are trying to downplay the difference between 720p and 1080p.

Yes, it is true, visually you're probably not going to notice a huge difference UNLESS you're specifically looking for differences.

HOWEVER, this does imply that there is either a MASSIVE technological gulf between the two systems, or MS is rushing a horribly incomplete product out the door and is going to experience one of the worst hardware launches in [recent] videogame history.

The implications of this go FAR beyond just a resolution difference. What does this mean down the line? Are we in for RROD V2? What if a PS4 game goes down to 720p? How much more texture and detail work will the PS4 version of a game have vs the 720p/600p Xbox One version of that same game?

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2029 Posts

This is sadder than titanic

TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285  Edited By TorqueHappens08

@Alucard_Prime said:

@Shewgenja said:

@Gatman32 said:

I feel like that too, and it's not a question of denial, I'm reading reports(from Digitalfoundry apparently) that in order to achieve

native 1080p native on PS4, sacrifices to the texture quality had to be made, and textures will look better on COD X1.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50545 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I know it's bad to keep picking on this guy, but holy shit this is funny. Dudes about to be placed in a straight jacket and thrown in the back of a white van.

https://twitter.com/PNF4LYFE

Sorry XBOunity, consequences will never be the same.

Good Lord, XBO (PNF, like I said all along) takes this shit way too seriously.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#287 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

@BPoole96 said:

@tonitorsi said:

@BPoole96 said:

Cancel that shyiiiiiiet

The deed has already been done. I suggest others follow my lead

Can I get an Amen up this b!tch??

#based-bpoole

#Godnyyouseeingthis?

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

If COD is @1080p on the PS4 it is going to have to trade off something to achieve this. The PS4 gpu is not twice as powerful as the Xbox One!!!!!

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289  Edited By shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

Cloud isn't going to help bump this?

MajesticShea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 MajesticShea
Member since 2013 • 730 Posts

@Chutebox: Quite scary actually.

PraetorianMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 PraetorianMan
Member since 2011 • 2073 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

If COD is @1080p on the PS4 it is going to have to trade off something to achieve this. The PS4 gpu is not twice as powerful as the Xbox One!!!!!

Possibly.

Another theory I've read is that MS handed out trash-tier devkits to 3rd party studios.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 Gue1

@kuu2 said:

@shawn30 said:

First image comparison gifs are out. DT. I think the One version looks just fine. Now we need footage:)

For Sony Fan's sake I really hope those are fake.

crushed blacks again. XD

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293  Edited By Chutebox

@xhawk27 said:

No it won't, the game looks like trash. Only thing holding back X1 version most likely is it's not a straight forward port.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 ReadingRainbow4

Pres got an early xbone, here's some footage of bf4.

Loading Video...

TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 TorqueHappens08

Oh god, the GS comment section is pure gold

FlagShare2LikeReplyVinnvn7 minutes ago

Isnt 720p last gen?

FlagShareLikeReplypyro12456 minutes ago

@Vinnvn nah, last gen was 1080p too

EnviousEyezOnMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 EnviousEyezOnMe

Crushed blacks or not...it appears to the eye as more detail, color saturation, "pop"...however you want to word it. And people gravitate towards this more. Both are running at 60fps...X1 has a great upscaler chip. Seriously, if those gifs or screen caps or comparison videos are anything to go by...you fanboys can keep your 1080p. It's obvious to achieve 1080p, there are sacrifices. Just my 2 pennies

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298  Edited By Chutebox

Haha, sorry but I don't believe those comparisons above. What the hell is with the blacks?

EnviousEyezOnMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 EnviousEyezOnMe

@ReadingRainbow4

Obviously that's not the X1 version but that guy is hilarious! I used to watch his Android vs iPhone videos.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300  Edited By superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

@Gue1 said:

@kuu2 said:

@shawn30 said:

First image comparison gifs are out. DT. I think the One version looks just fine. Now we need footage:)

For Sony Fan's sake I really hope those are fake.

crushed blacks again. XD

Digital Foundry said that the crushed blacks were due to the video capture settings. Those Call of Duty comparison gifs are fake btw...