Official: CoD - Ghosts 1080p on PS4, 720p on XOne.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#601 Posted by tormentos (20272 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

I didn't say that. What I did say was

"You act as though the CoD visuals difference is as dramatic as PS1 vs PS4; when every single gaming site - virtually every single one - says the differences are minor."

You found ONE site to agree with you, and ignored sites like IGN, GameSpot, GiantBomb, Edge, etc that disagree with you. And you claim some sort of ownage? I can find some sites that say Obamacare is being implemented splendidly, but that doesn't make it true.

Actually it was footage from those sites which force DF to say they screwed up the comparison,the PS4 version look betters,runs better has effects the xbox one version lack now,and still is 900p.

Thats huge.

Is like racing a honda civic while towing a jetsky,with 4 people inside the car and still be able to beat a hunday accent by 3 cars...hahaha

#602 Edited by Suppaman100 (4367 posts) -

@Greatness05 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Greatness05 said:

lmao Damage control? u honestly think I care about what a few pimply faced basement dwelling kids think? I'm getting the X1 day one regardless homie. I'll get the PS4 when it can play mp3s

@Suppaman100 said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:
@Greatness05 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Couth_ said:

@Greatness05 said:

I wasn't insulting gamers. I was insulting fanboys and groupies that are on here having erections over 3rd party devs having a hard time programing for a new console that was modified a month ago even though the games look the same as the do on the ps4 and Ryse looks better than everything on the ps4 that I've seen so far.

They aren't having a hard time programming a new console.. The Xbox One GPU can't hit 1080p at 60fps in most games that is not going to change over the course of the generation...That's not fanboy son that's fact... They use the same assets but the difference between resolution between 720p and 1080p is 1.2 million pixels. 720 is only .9million, 1080 is 2.1 million. That's not fanboy that's fact

That's fanboy son not fact at all. especially since everybody including "the great" cboat said that devs are having problems but it'll get better down the line. hell battlefield devs even said that shit. come on man, just cuz the Sony Roaches say it don't mean it's a fact.

Roaches?

that's what they call Sony fanboys in Japan.

He just gave you factual numbers but you'd rather blame it on devs and hope of hidden power? You're special lol.

You're a fanboy.

LMMFAO Man check my recently played. I'm still playing the ps2, N64, Gamecube, Snes, Ps1, 360 and ect... I have never and will never dick ride or bend over for a corporation. I am stating the facts that the devs have leaked so far and that neo gaf is reporting on.

You have MS dick within you.

What are you defending a 720 vs 1080 experience for? As a clear headed individual the numbers should be enough. You're stating the opposite of facts.. you're dreaming and hoping

This is embarrassing. The irony in that opening sentence is too crazy. I can't play resolution. I can only play games. I am defending 720 in what way? I'm saying give them time to figure the damn system out. I know u remember how ass almost every PS3 game looked the first year and how far it came in year 7. Give it time kid. In the mean time, accept the fact that both consoles will be great down the line and move on with your life.

You're an embarassment.

If resolution doesn't matter lets all play on CR-TV's. Add the fact that its the more expensive console causing such an inferiority lapse of 720P vs 1080P on the SAME title. You bring up PS3... All PS3/360 multiplats ran in same res.. differences mostly came down to contrast or MAYBE slight framerate differences.

"Give it time" = lets hope.

The architecture is the same, ESRAM won't save you. Stop hoping

CTFU this is why nobody takes u seriously. u make an ass outta yourself with every damn comment

You have no come back? Ok cool.

Keep hoping devs stop being "lazy" lol and shitty ESRAM wakes up.

ctfu I said the devs lazy? I have a comeback, I just refuse to go back and forth with a dick riding roach in a console war that don't exist.

Just stop your damage control, it's getting ridiculous.

The facts are here.

PS4 >>>>>>>>>>> Xbone

Deal with it.

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

No. They have been biased towards PS4.

Remember when they say the PS4 was getting 1080p while the xbox one was getting 900p.? Part of the fact that make it believable was that Edge heavily anti PS3 in fact Edge has the biggest collection of low score for PS3 exclusives for Edge most PS3 exclusives are 6..lol

@Greatness05 said:

and yet somehow Forza is 1080/60. look man, pc specs and console specs are completely different and u still not accounting for the esram. devs will learn how to use it better over time.

Dude Forza is a damn Racing game is not comparable in any way to a FPS engine,those are heavier and demand more power period this is not my opinion it is a well know fact.

Add to this that Forza is build like a last gen game with pretty much nothing dynamic fake effects and car damage,is not demanding at all,is the reason why it hits 1080p 60 FPS.

wasn't u hyping drive club? why the hypocrisy? oh and even on the almighty PS4, Drive Club was sub 30 fps

Okey, homie, dawg, gangsta,...

This you brah?

LOL

Have fun with your casual, weaker more expensive cablebox then.

And pls keep up yo gangsta slang and yo damage control. It's hilarious...homeboy

Homie is gangsta slang? smh I guess it must be a white person thing huh? We can compare bank accounts if u want though. I'm sure that would be interesting. "buddy, guy, dude, bro, partner" stop trying to justify your purchase and enjoy what u choose to enjoy. also stop trying to stereotype a race of people on GameSpot. It makes u look weaker and more idiotic than most of the people on here already believe u are.

Looks like I rustled some gangsta jimmies.

Lol u mad...dawg?

what would I be mad for? I'm just enjoying myself at the expense of u pimply faced basement dwelling virgin ass nerds lmao thanks for the entertainment.

You're mad confirmed. LOL

Also, you're probably the virgin when you look like your avatar. U mad...homie? LOL

riiiiight I'm mad ctfu come on now, keep proving how young and dumb u are with every comment. and I gotta be the only virgin on the planet with 2 kids. I guess I'm like God huh. I can get a female pregnant without even hitting it lmmfao. all the gifs in the world can't save u so give it up.

So you have children, you're a dad and STILL on a fckin gaming forum??? You're even more pathetic than I thought. Get your priorities right, old man. (also lol that you still use slang as homie, etc... stop it, you're old and you sound like a fool when you use it)

Just stating the truth...homie. Don't be mad now.

27 years old getting news on what console I'ma buy is pathetic? ctfu awwww man. I love it. u even more entertaining than that bum from yesterday. and for the record lil homie, your on here trying to argue with someone on the internet because u don't agree with their gaming choice. it doesn't get more pathetic than that. u should be on suicide watch homie LMMFAO

HAHAHAHA!!! Weak damage control, homie, expected some more intelligent DC from a 27 year old wannabe gangsta daddy.

What kind of a "dad" is constantly on system wars? You pathetic fool. If I should be on suicide watch you should already be dead. Like I said homeboy, stop crying and get off system wars and rethink what you're doing on fckin system wars now, ok...dawg.

#603 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (16317 posts) -

This thread must have one of the largest quote chains ever, lmao.

#604 Edited by Douevenlift_bro (5808 posts) -

This Greatness dude is putting in some serious work in defense of 720P. Getting owned left and right over a piece of plastic lol

#605 Posted by Suppaman100 (4367 posts) -

Indeed, what's even more worrying is the fact that he has children and is still on fckin system wars.

He likes sodomy I think, why else would he constantly be here getting owned?

#606 Posted by xboxiphoneps3 (2619 posts) -

@NameIess_One said:

@tormentos said:

@NameIess_One said:

I love that graph in the OP... so many years of consolites claiming there isn't any big difference over 720p and 1080p, but now, we get big and shiny graphs, and a 125% difference.

Amazing thread!

In what planet was that because here lemming hyped 100 more lines on the xbox 360 version of multiplatform games as something that make the 360 version superior from COD o GTA 4 you name it,lemmings all generation tag 360 multiplatform as superior and resolution was one of the point even when it was minimal and not 720p to 1080p difference now they pretend it doesn't matter.

I'm pretty sure it was here, on planet Earth. Few pixels of difference, the consolites are at each other throats.

A hermit walks in, laughs at their pitiful resolution squabble and brings up 1080p, and suddenly, no one cares about it, only games matter.

All in all, this thread is a very enjoyable display of consolite hypocrisy.

lol dude, 1080p vses 720p is a dramatic difference.... your rendering over 2x the pixels on 1080p vs 720p... and 900p vses 720p for BF4, the ps4 is pushing 50% more pixels, while at the same exact settings, its quite a difference

#607 Posted by freedomfreak (43727 posts) -

This shit is messed up.

#608 Posted by Greatness05 (1272 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Greatness05 said:

lmao Damage control? u honestly think I care about what a few pimply faced basement dwelling kids think? I'm getting the X1 day one regardless homie. I'll get the PS4 when it can play mp3s

@Suppaman100 said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:
@Greatness05 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Couth_ said:

@Greatness05 said:

I wasn't insulting gamers. I was insulting fanboys and groupies that are on here having erections over 3rd party devs having a hard time programing for a new console that was modified a month ago even though the games look the same as the do on the ps4 and Ryse looks better than everything on the ps4 that I've seen so far.

They aren't having a hard time programming a new console.. The Xbox One GPU can't hit 1080p at 60fps in most games that is not going to change over the course of the generation...That's not fanboy son that's fact... They use the same assets but the difference between resolution between 720p and 1080p is 1.2 million pixels. 720 is only .9million, 1080 is 2.1 million. That's not fanboy that's fact

That's fanboy son not fact at all. especially since everybody including "the great" cboat said that devs are having problems but it'll get better down the line. hell battlefield devs even said that shit. come on man, just cuz the Sony Roaches say it don't mean it's a fact.

Roaches?

that's what they call Sony fanboys in Japan.

He just gave you factual numbers but you'd rather blame it on devs and hope of hidden power? You're special lol.

You're a fanboy.

LMMFAO Man check my recently played. I'm still playing the ps2, N64, Gamecube, Snes, Ps1, 360 and ect... I have never and will never dick ride or bend over for a corporation. I am stating the facts that the devs have leaked so far and that neo gaf is reporting on.

You have MS dick within you.

What are you defending a 720 vs 1080 experience for? As a clear headed individual the numbers should be enough. You're stating the opposite of facts.. you're dreaming and hoping

This is embarrassing. The irony in that opening sentence is too crazy. I can't play resolution. I can only play games. I am defending 720 in what way? I'm saying give them time to figure the damn system out. I know u remember how ass almost every PS3 game looked the first year and how far it came in year 7. Give it time kid. In the mean time, accept the fact that both consoles will be great down the line and move on with your life.

You're an embarassment.

If resolution doesn't matter lets all play on CR-TV's. Add the fact that its the more expensive console causing such an inferiority lapse of 720P vs 1080P on the SAME title. You bring up PS3... All PS3/360 multiplats ran in same res.. differences mostly came down to contrast or MAYBE slight framerate differences.

"Give it time" = lets hope.

The architecture is the same, ESRAM won't save you. Stop hoping

CTFU this is why nobody takes u seriously. u make an ass outta yourself with every damn comment

You have no come back? Ok cool.

Keep hoping devs stop being "lazy" lol and shitty ESRAM wakes up.

ctfu I said the devs lazy? I have a comeback, I just refuse to go back and forth with a dick riding roach in a console war that don't exist.

Just stop your damage control, it's getting ridiculous.

The facts are here.

PS4 >>>>>>>>>>> Xbone

Deal with it.

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

No. They have been biased towards PS4.

Remember when they say the PS4 was getting 1080p while the xbox one was getting 900p.? Part of the fact that make it believable was that Edge heavily anti PS3 in fact Edge has the biggest collection of low score for PS3 exclusives for Edge most PS3 exclusives are 6..lol

@Greatness05 said:

and yet somehow Forza is 1080/60. look man, pc specs and console specs are completely different and u still not accounting for the esram. devs will learn how to use it better over time.

Dude Forza is a damn Racing game is not comparable in any way to a FPS engine,those are heavier and demand more power period this is not my opinion it is a well know fact.

Add to this that Forza is build like a last gen game with pretty much nothing dynamic fake effects and car damage,is not demanding at all,is the reason why it hits 1080p 60 FPS.

wasn't u hyping drive club? why the hypocrisy? oh and even on the almighty PS4, Drive Club was sub 30 fps

Okey, homie, dawg, gangsta,...

This you brah?

LOL

Have fun with your casual, weaker more expensive cablebox then.

And pls keep up yo gangsta slang and yo damage control. It's hilarious...homeboy

Homie is gangsta slang? smh I guess it must be a white person thing huh? We can compare bank accounts if u want though. I'm sure that would be interesting. "buddy, guy, dude, bro, partner" stop trying to justify your purchase and enjoy what u choose to enjoy. also stop trying to stereotype a race of people on GameSpot. It makes u look weaker and more idiotic than most of the people on here already believe u are.

Looks like I rustled some gangsta jimmies.

Lol u mad...dawg?

what would I be mad for? I'm just enjoying myself at the expense of u pimply faced basement dwelling virgin ass nerds lmao thanks for the entertainment.

You're mad confirmed. LOL

Also, you're probably the virgin when you look like your avatar. U mad...homie? LOL

riiiiight I'm mad ctfu come on now, keep proving how young and dumb u are with every comment. and I gotta be the only virgin on the planet with 2 kids. I guess I'm like God huh. I can get a female pregnant without even hitting it lmmfao. all the gifs in the world can't save u so give it up.

So you have children, you're a dad and STILL on a fckin gaming forum??? You're even more pathetic than I thought. Get your priorities right, old man. (also lol that you still use slang as homie, etc... stop it, you're old and you sound like a fool when you use it)

Just stating the truth...homie. Don't be mad now.

27 years old getting news on what console I'ma buy is pathetic? ctfu awwww man. I love it. u even more entertaining than that bum from yesterday. and for the record lil homie, your on here trying to argue with someone on the internet because u don't agree with their gaming choice. it doesn't get more pathetic than that. u should be on suicide watch homie LMMFAO

HAHAHAHA!!! Weak damage control, homie, expected some more intelligent DC from a 27 year old wannabe gangsta daddy.

What kind of a "dad" is constantly on system wars? You pathetic fool. If I should be on suicide watch you should already be dead. Like I said homeboy, stop crying and get off system wars and rethink what you're doing on fckin system wars now, ok...dawg.

LMMFAO man look at u, saying whatever u can to mask the hurt feelings u have right now. maybe u should do an age poll to further embarrass yourself. and constantly on sw? I made this account in 05 and check my post count. I haven't been on here in 7 years and the only reason I came back was for info on the consoles. check the history kid. notice I disappeared after the ps3 came out and came back around e3 of this year. in opposed to u basically living on this shit lmao

#609 Posted by StormyJoe (6574 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

I didn't say that. What I did say was

"You act as though the CoD visuals difference is as dramatic as PS1 vs PS4; when every single gaming site - virtually every single one - says the differences are minor."

You found ONE site to agree with you, and ignored sites like IGN, GameSpot, GiantBomb, Edge, etc that disagree with you. And you claim some sort of ownage? I can find some sites that say Obamacare is being implemented splendidly, but that doesn't make it true.

Actually it was footage from those sites which force DF to say they screwed up the comparison,the PS4 version look betters,runs better has effects the xbox one version lack now,and still is 900p.

Thats huge.

Is like racing a honda civic while towing a jetsky,with 4 people inside the car and still be able to beat a hunday accent by 3 cars...hahaha

Here is what I don't understand. In some cases, you present logical arguements. In others, you act like a 7 year old on his daddy's laptop.

I said "virtually every single one", and your consistent response is based off of one site. I did not say "every site" or "the enire internet" or anything like that. So, why are you beating the DF article like a dead horse? One site agrees with you - SUPER! How amy other ones do?

What about your digital Jesus CBOAT, who said "things will get better on the XB1 side as the gen moves along?" What about that quote? Is he wrong? Or, do you just cherry pick what your sources say?

#610 Posted by Greatness05 (1272 posts) -

@Douevenlift_bro said:

This Greatness dude is putting in some serious work in defense of 720P. Getting owned left and right over a piece of plastic lol

ctfu stop lying to yourself and this hasn't been about the X1 for a while. I'm just killing time. Honestly I wouldn't give af if MS, Sony and/or Nintendo went bankrupt.

#611 Edited by Suppaman100 (4367 posts) -

I LOVE system wars!!!

Pathetic gangsta daddies who are butthurt, lemmings and other fools. What more do you want to be entertained?

BUT PLS keep it up... "greatness" HAHAHA, oh the irony! But hey shouldn't you check on the kids or something instead of being constantly on system wars getting owned?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

#612 Posted by MajesticShea (730 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

I didn't say that. What I did say was

"You act as though the CoD visuals difference is as dramatic as PS1 vs PS4; when every single gaming site - virtually every single one - says the differences are minor."

You found ONE site to agree with you, and ignored sites like IGN, GameSpot, GiantBomb, Edge, etc that disagree with you. And you claim some sort of ownage? I can find some sites that say Obamacare is being implemented splendidly, but that doesn't make it true.

Actually it was footage from those sites which force DF to say they screwed up the comparison,the PS4 version look betters,runs better has effects the xbox one version lack now,and still is 900p.

Thats huge.

Is like racing a honda civic while towing a jetsky,with 4 people inside the car and still be able to beat a hunday accent by 3 cars...hahaha

Here is what I don't understand. In some cases, you present logical arguements. In others, you act like a 7 year old on his daddy's laptop.

I said "virtually every single one", and your consistent response is based off of one site. I did not say "every site" or "the enire internet" or anything like that. So, why are you beating the DF article like a dead horse? One site agrees with you - SUPER! How amy other ones do?

What about your digital Jesus CBOAT, who said "things will get better on the XB1 side as the gen moves along?" What about that quote? Is he wrong? Or, do you just cherry pick what your sources say?

Please post quotes that prove what your trying to imply if not your just someone spounting out shit.

Tormentos provided links and a quote yet you have yet to do something similar except speak from prior knowledge.

#613 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (16317 posts) -

I think Someones about to get shot.

It's that serious.

#614 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (5808 posts) -

@Greatness05 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

This Greatness dude is putting in some serious work in defense of 720P. Getting owned left and right over a piece of plastic lol

ctfu stop lying to yourself and this hasn't been about the X1 for a while. I'm just killing time. Honestly I wouldn't give af if MS, Sony and/or Nintendo went bankrupt.

We're all killing time but who's paying you? Cuz you literally have no point. You're just defending 720P and your manhood for no reason lol

#615 Edited by TREAL_Since (11946 posts) -

@ it's not as if the duSuppaman10 said:

I LOVE system wars!!!

Pathetic gangsta daddies who are butthurt, lemmings and other fools. What more do you want to be entertained?

BUT PLS keep it up... "greatness" HAHAHA, oh the irony! But hey shouldn't you check on the kids or something instead of being constantly on system wars getting owned?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

You'd be surprised to discover the number of fathers past the age of 25 on internet forums (or doing Youtube videos). And to be frank, it shouldn't even be a talking point. I don't think it's anything to personally criticize someone for. A forum is a way to get information, socialize, and express an opinion. Usually, All humans fall into that category regardless of age or parental status. By criticizing him for being a father on a gaming forum, you are in effect saying that the act of investing time here is pathetic unless you are under the age of 25 with not children : /.

#616 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (5808 posts) -

@TREAL_Since said:

You'd be surprised to discover the number of fathers past the age of 25 on internet forums across the internet (or doing youtube videos). And to be frank, it shouldn't even be a talking point. I don't think it's anything to personally criticize someone for. A forum is a way to get information, socialize, and express an opinion. Usually, All humans fall into that category regardless of age or parental status. By criticizing him for being a father on a gaming forum, you are in effect saying that the act of investing time here is pathetic unless you are under the age of 25 with not children : /.

@ it's not as if the duSuppaman100 said:

I LOVE system wars!!!

Pathetic gangsta daddies who are butthurt, lemmings and other fools. What more do you want to be entertained?

BUT PLS keep it up... "greatness" HAHAHA, oh the irony! But hey shouldn't you check on the kids or something instead of being constantly on system wars getting owned?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Treal... Its "greatness" who brought up age and sexual activity first lol.

#617 Posted by Greatness05 (1272 posts) -

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

This Greatness dude is putting in some serious work in defense of 720P. Getting owned left and right over a piece of plastic lol

ctfu stop lying to yourself and this hasn't been about the X1 for a while. I'm just killing time. Honestly I wouldn't give af if MS, Sony and/or Nintendo went bankrupt.

We're all killing time but who's paying you? Cuz you literally have no point. You're just defending 720P and your manhood for no reason lol

lmao man u know how it be when your trolling.

#618 Posted by TREAL_Since (11946 posts) -

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@TREAL_Since said:

You'd be surprised to discover the number of fathers past the age of 25 on internet forums across the internet (or doing youtube videos). And to be frank, it shouldn't even be a talking point. I don't think it's anything to personally criticize someone for. A forum is a way to get information, socialize, and express an opinion. Usually, All humans fall into that category regardless of age or parental status. By criticizing him for being a father on a gaming forum, you are in effect saying that the act of investing time here is pathetic unless you are under the age of 25 with not children : /.

@ it's not as if the duSuppaman100 said:

I LOVE system wars!!!

Pathetic gangsta daddies who are butthurt, lemmings and other fools. What more do you want to be entertained?

BUT PLS keep it up... "greatness" HAHAHA, oh the irony! But hey shouldn't you check on the kids or something instead of being constantly on system wars getting owned?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Treal... Its "greatness" who brought up age and sexual activity first lol.

I see. I couldn't read the entire quote chain. The opacity is lowered with each new reply.

#619 Edited by Douevenlift_bro (5808 posts) -

@Greatness05 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

This Greatness dude is putting in some serious work in defense of 720P. Getting owned left and right over a piece of plastic lol

ctfu stop lying to yourself and this hasn't been about the X1 for a while. I'm just killing time. Honestly I wouldn't give af if MS, Sony and/or Nintendo went bankrupt.

We're all killing time but who's paying you? Cuz you literally have no point. You're just defending 720P and your manhood for no reason lol

lmao man u know how it be when your trolling.

I'm trolling...none of my 4,000 posts went without trolling

But u gota do it with stealth tho lol

#620 Posted by Greatness05 (1272 posts) -

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

This Greatness dude is putting in some serious work in defense of 720P. Getting owned left and right over a piece of plastic lol

ctfu stop lying to yourself and this hasn't been about the X1 for a while. I'm just killing time. Honestly I wouldn't give af if MS, Sony and/or Nintendo went bankrupt.

We're all killing time but who's paying you? Cuz you literally have no point. You're just defending 720P and your manhood for no reason lol

lmao man u know how it be when your trolling.

I'm trolling...none of my 4,000 posts went without trolling

But u gota do it with stealth tho lol

lmao this post could have been about the dreamcast and I still would've went hard on it like this. I just know I'm starting to get to people on here when they start making insults or trying to make things personal

#621 Posted by NameIess_One (1077 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@NameIess_One said:

As a DX11 native title, Crysis 3 wouldn't even work on the 7800 GTX. Still, I don't know what you're saying here, are you saying many people have eye-sights that improve the image quality of titles running on weaker hardware?

Also, Steam stats don't prove me wrong on anything... it's pretty damn obvious the majority of PC gamers are packing mid-range hardware, I never tried to deny that. Regardless, there still are millions of gaming PCs right now around the world that outmatch the PS4, a system that isn't even out yet... and if you ask me, that's a pretty encouraging figure as far as PC gamer community goes.

Odd it runs on the PS3 which has a gimped 7800GTX..lol See the difference between PC and consoles.

Yes basically it does because you have are a sole opinion,steam stats gather system information from many PC which use the steam,not is not pretty obvious that is an assumption on your part without anything to back it up.

Steam doesn't gather system info from its entire community, every survey hits only some of the users, and you are asked if you want to participate.

I can't find that detailed breakdown listing the percentage of every GPU used by Steam users, but going by it, if you add the percentages for every high-end GPU, you would reach 10%. And if the sample size from the surveys translates accurately into the overall Steam userbase, that 10% would mean a few million people. Also, Steam says ~65% of the survey participants uses a DX11 GPU, and the figure is growing every month.

#622 Edited by TREAL_Since (11946 posts) -

Resolutiongate AKA The Resolution Wars: I'll be getting multiplats for my PC so it doesn't bother me as an individual. For gamers who don't have that option or primarily game on consoles, it appears the PS4 has a glaring upper hand regarding game resolutions. It's a bigger difference than whatever the 360 maintained over the PS3. What I'd like to know, is if these resolution differences are a direct result of the weaker hardware, or a combination of weaker hardware and poor dev kits? I reckon it'll surely get better over time, but the PS4 will always have a noticeable edge.

That does not immediately disqualify the XBO as a reasonable choice for gamers though. Remember the 'just wait' game presented by Sony fans in 2006? That s*** was real. Well, I think the XBO should go through the same process lol. In all seriousness, just wait until In 2014 :P. I think the XBO will be a very viable option with Titanfall, Halo, Sunset Overdrive, and a potential holiday price cut. That's when I plan on buying one (contingent on price cut).

What I'm really interested in, is how this bodes for PS4 exclusives gong forward. I'm genuinely excited. For the price, there's some amazing power in the Quad, the true successor to the PS2. QUAD UP!

#623 Posted by NameIess_One (1077 posts) -

@xboxiphoneps3 said:

@NameIess_One said:

@tormentos said:

@NameIess_One said:

I love that graph in the OP... so many years of consolites claiming there isn't any big difference over 720p and 1080p, but now, we get big and shiny graphs, and a 125% difference.

Amazing thread!

In what planet was that because here lemming hyped 100 more lines on the xbox 360 version of multiplatform games as something that make the 360 version superior from COD o GTA 4 you name it,lemmings all generation tag 360 multiplatform as superior and resolution was one of the point even when it was minimal and not 720p to 1080p difference now they pretend it doesn't matter.

I'm pretty sure it was here, on planet Earth. Few pixels of difference, the consolites are at each other throats.

A hermit walks in, laughs at their pitiful resolution squabble and brings up 1080p, and suddenly, no one cares about it, only games matter.

All in all, this thread is a very enjoyable display of consolite hypocrisy.

lol dude, 1080p vses 720p is a dramatic difference.... your rendering over 2x the pixels on 1080p vs 720p... and 900p vses 720p for BF4, the ps4 is pushing 50% more pixels, while at the same exact settings, its quite a difference

Well... duh!

Where have I stated otherwise?

I find the idea of "next gen" consoles being unable to hit a nice and consistent 1080p/30FPS standard in 2013 pretty damn pathetic.

#624 Posted by Zero_epyon (6116 posts) -

Remember Mafia 2 and da foliage? Mafia 2 having slightly less 2D grass on the PS3 was enough to overwhelm the forum. Now the same side that was raving about are saying that 1080p vs 720p isn't noticeable? Oh my...

#625 Posted by MajesticShea (730 posts) -

love how stormy joe never came back to the threAD.

#626 Edited by SKaREO (3161 posts) -

I don't even think an X1 should be considered a next-gen machine considering the facts we have here.

#627 Posted by TorqueHappens08 (1051 posts) -

System wars is never boring.

#628 Posted by Dreams-Visions (26569 posts) -

Not when Dreams is around it isn't.

#629 Edited by blamix (203 posts) -

They should call it xbox720 instead of One

#630 Edited by ronvalencia (15623 posts) -

@

@tormentos said:

@ronvalencia said:

Hahahaa................ My theories are based on dev's statement on the closest between the two boxes.

1. 133 GB/s alpha blend is dependant ESRAM usage LOL. This value was a direct quote from MS.

2. You haven't provided counter benchmark against 5870's GDDR5 results. Both 5870 and 7870 GE has similar color fill rates hence it's 32 ROPS and memory bandwidth interactions are similar and most games are not color fill rate bound at 1080p i.e. if both 5870 and 7870 GE has similar fill rates and the results are still different then it's improvements are outside of the 32 ROPs/memory bandwidth.

3. 204 GB/s ESRAM is just theoretical limit. If you can't understand that, then you have problems.

4. PS4's BF4 900p is in the similar sub-1080p boat.

7870 GE was able to run BF4 with ultra settings + HBAO + MSAA 2X + 1600x1200p at 55 fps average.

From http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/battlefield_4_vga_graphics_performance_benchmark,7.html

The test PC uses the following GPU drivers

  • AMD Radeon graphics cards we used the latest 13.11 Beta build 8 driver

  • GeForce cards use the latest 331.65 WHQL Beta driver

For AMD Radeon HD GCNs, the results is before AMD Mantle.

5. X1's ESRAM setup wasn't designed for legacy engine workloads like COD-G. One the main reasons why PC GPU doesn't X1's ESRAM setup is mostly due legacy workloads. I have stated this a number times. A 68 GB/s memory bandwidth contention would be similar to 72 GB/s.

6. In terms of IPC and 7790 vs 7850 CU design, you haven't proven that one CU being different from another CU.

1-Exactly a claim from MS which should be taken with a grain of salt since we all know how the 360 Edram claims went.

2-Oh yes i did,for starters the 5870 isn't HSA,nor it has hUMA memory interface,then we have a developer claiming to achieve 172GB/s from a pool of 176GB/s which is basically what 97% or more effective,that alone killed your argument.

3-It is you who have problems understading what theory means,since i have say 140GB to 150 GB and you keep using 204Gb in your arguments when you know is not achievable period.

4-PS4 BF4 is 900P is what 56% higher.? While having AO already implemented when the xbox one lack it,while having much better AA and running as much as 14 FPS faster and you think they are on the same boat.? hahaha

5-Yeah i guess that apply to BF4 as well i guess it is a very old engine right.? lol Yet again and like COD on xbox one is 720p,Killer Instinct 720p,titanfall been rumor to be 720p as well,what is your excuse for those.? ESRAM was just a cheap path like i told you to save money nothing more and it would not close the 600+ Gflops gap i told you so.

6-But console GPU have a certain model of GPU inside,in this case the PS4 a 7870 with 2 CU disable for yields and lower clock,the xbox one a Bonaire GPU with 14 CU 2 disable for yields and lower clock.

Kind of make you think how much worse the performance was before the 6% GPU up clock,maybe MS saw that developer were having problems even at 720p with games.

The time for theories is over,is times to see the end results those are coming in,and is not pretty the xbox one been mostly 720p in multiplatforms games is a testament of how MS lie about everything to damage control the difference in power all the crap they told DF lies and more lies,now Eurogamer had but to publish that the PS4 is looking better and that the difference can be seen,while claiming that the xbox one is under performing beyond the theorical specs.

1. There's are reasons why 10MB EDRAM didn't deliver the intended 720p target e.g. Halo 3's double HDR frame buffer workaround i.e. issues with GPU's HDR format support.

2. Fill rate works by the GPU's ROPS writing to memory. HSA/uHUMA doesn't improve this type of workloads i.e. you haven't ask this question; does frame buffer workload needs to return to the CPU?.

The dev who claimed 172 GB/s has stated "the fact that the memory operates at around 172GB/s is amazing". From http://gamingbolt.com/oddworld-inhabitants-dev-on-ps4s-8gb-gddr5-ram-fact-that-memory-operates-at-172gbs-is-amazing

Furthermore, PS4's 1600x900p (1,440,000 pixels) doesn't match the results from 7870 GE's 1600x1200 (1,920,000 pixels) and the PC version has yet to apply AMD Mantle nor AMD has finalized the driver i.e. still in beta (number 8).

7870 GE's memory operates around 153 GB/s.

PS4's memory operates around 176 GB/s.

For BF4 running resolution, 7870 GE defeats PS4 i.e. 7870 GE has more compute power from it's CU's 2.56 TFLOPS. 7870 XT is superior to 7870 GE in memory bandwidth, TFLOPS, total CU SRAM storage and wavefront buffer.

7870 XT = peak 192 GB/s GDDR5, 2.995 TFLOPS, 1.535 MB LDS(SRAM), 384 KB L1 cache.

7870 GE = peak 153 GB/s GDDR5, 2.56 TFLOPS, 1.280 MB LDS(SRAM), 320 KB L1 cache.

Your interpretation with "memory operates" shouldn't be in conflict other dev's X1 having superior write performance statements.

PCI-E version 3.0 16 lanes (peak 32 GB/s, 16 GB/s per direction) are more than a match against PS4's CPU-to-GPU (peak 20 GB/s, 10 GB/s per direction), but this doesn't make any major differences since none of the current AMD CPUs supports PCI-E version 3.0 16 lanes (peak 32 GB/s) level I/O. AMD Kaveri APU would be AMD's first PCI-E version 3.0 16 lanes (peak 32 GB/s) level I/O support.

3. Bandwidth alone wouldn't solve X1's issues i.e. effective 32 MB ESRAM usage will require special treatments.

4. Both X1 and PS4 are in sub-1080p BF4 boat. DICE already has stated AO will in the final X1 BF4 build..

5 and 6.

If you scale 7870 GE's 55 fps to 14 CUs, you get 38.5 fps which is very close to 7790's 40 fps result i.e. Pitcairn vs Bonaire codename is just noise for BF4. The CU scaling is similar to Crysis 2's W5000 vs 7850 results.

If you scale 7850's 48 fps to 12 CUs, you get 36 fps which is lower than 7790's 40 fps result.

If you scale 7850's 48 fps to 11 CUs, you get 33 fps which is lower than 7790's 40 fps result. About 20 to 30 fps at 1080p is the expected result for 7770.

If you scale R9-290X's 105 fps to Radeon HD 7970's 32 CUs, you get 76.4 fps which is very close to 7970's 78 fps result.

It seems BF4 can be used to predicate and approximate PC Radeon HD GCN's frame rate at given CU count (with similar clock speed).

Since 7950 has 800Mhz clock speed, if you scale down it's 70 fps to 18 CUs, you get 45.4 fps, hence 1600x900p for PS4.

For BF4, this game is mostly CU bound.

#631 Edited by Giancar (19069 posts) -

I don't know what is more funny.

The fact that Greenberg answered PNF or the misleading part of his answer.

#632 Edited by super600 (31136 posts) -

Guys stop quoting each other like crazy or your posts will be deleted. And use the reply function to respond to other users. I don;t know why people are still arguing over this. This may matter more later in the gen.

#633 Posted by kazrium (1545 posts) -

This thread is still going?

MORE GRAPHS PLEASE!

(1080p > 720p) != (PS4 > XO) This is true, so say we all.

#634 Posted by Chutebox (38364 posts) -

@Giancar said:

I don't know what is more funny.

The fact that Greenberg answered PNF or the misleading part of his answer.

Lol, XBO still raging on twitter.

#635 Edited by Dreams-Visions (26569 posts) -

@Giancar said:

I don't know what is more funny.

The fact that Greenberg answered PNF or the misleading part of his answer.

WOW.

Dat misinformation campaign in full swing.

#636 Posted by TorqueHappens08 (1051 posts) -

This thread was fun while it lasted, but time to let it rest, PS4 is more powerful then the X1, but we knew that all along, only MS wanted to play the "more powerful on paper" DC.

#637 Posted by RawDeal_basic (1954 posts) -

M$ should be ashamed of themselves.

#638 Edited by Zero_epyon (6116 posts) -

I see it this way. Ever watch a DVD on an HDTV using a DVD player that upscales to 1080p? Then watch a bluray of that same movie on the same tv? It's no contest. Upscalers < Native.

#639 Edited by hoosier7 (3983 posts) -

Thanks Mr Greenberg, now i can start outputting all my PC games at 480p because my monitor will upscale to 1080p!

Seriously though do this people even think before spouting some of this nonsense?

#640 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (16317 posts) -

@Giancar said:

I don't know what is more funny.

The fact that Greenberg answered PNF or the misleading part of his answer.

That just sad. It shows exactly just how bright Microsoft thinks it's fan base is.

#641 Edited by wis3boi (32017 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Giancar said:

I don't know what is more funny.

The fact that Greenberg answered PNF or the misleading part of his answer.

That just sad. It shows exactly just how bright Microsoft thinks it's fan base is.

they might be just as braindead as the fans

#642 Posted by not_wanted (1990 posts) -

Xbox One name change confirmed back to Xbox 720p

#643 Edited by blamix (203 posts) -

Lol.. This butthurt thread still not finish?

#644 Posted by jhcho2 (4553 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@NameIess_One said:

As a DX11 native title, Crysis 3 wouldn't even work on the 7800 GTX. Still, I don't know what you're saying here, are you saying many people have eye-sights that improve the image quality of titles running on weaker hardware?

Also, Steam stats don't prove me wrong on anything... it's pretty damn obvious the majority of PC gamers are packing mid-range hardware, I never tried to deny that. Regardless, there still are millions of gaming PCs right now around the world that outmatch the PS4, a system that isn't even out yet... and if you ask me, that's a pretty encouraging figure as far as PC gamer community goes.

Odd it runs on the PS3 which has a gimped 7800GTX..lol See the difference between PC and consoles.

Yes basically it does because you have are a sole opinion,steam stats gather system information from many PC which use the steam,not is not pretty obvious that is an assumption on your part without anything to back it up.

Console gamers pretending to know PC stuff?

1. It's 7800GT, not 7800GTX. 'GTX' started being used only when the 3-digit numbering system was introduce, ie. 200 series cards.

2. Crysis 3 is exclusive to DX11 only on PC but not consoles. Consoles don't use DirectX, and are not restricted by it. Devs have free reign to use any type of language or code on the consoles.

#645 Posted by tormentos (20272 posts) -

@majesticshea said:

love how stormy joe never came back to the threAD.

hahaha..... I remember all the times he claimed that games would look the same but run 3 or 5 frames faster on PS4,i told him so many times that the xbox one to keep up with the PS4 will have to give up frames and resolution,and the silly dude didn't want to admit it,look at him now denying it..Thank god some of its post were really easy to find..lol

#646 Posted by tormentos (20272 posts) -

@ronvalencia said:

@

1. There's are reasons why 10MB EDRAM didn't deliver the intended 720p target e.g. Halo 3's double HDR frame buffer workaround i.e. issues with GPU's HDR format support.

2. Fill rate works by the GPU's ROPS writing to memory. HSA/uHUMA doesn't improve this type of workloads i.e. you haven't ask this question; does frame buffer workload needs to return to the CPU?.

The dev who claimed 172 GB/s has stated "the fact that the memory operates at around 172GB/s is amazing". From http://gamingbolt.com/oddworld-inhabitants-dev-on-ps4s-8gb-gddr5-ram-fact-that-memory-operates-at-172gbs-is-amazing

Furthermore, PS4's 1600x900p (1,440,000 pixels) doesn't match the results from 7870 GE's 1600x1200 (1,920,000 pixels) and the PC version has yet to apply AMD Mantle nor AMD has finalized the driver i.e. still in beta (number 8).

7870 GE's memory operates around 153 GB/s.

PS4's memory operates around 176 GB/s.

For BF4 running resolution, 7870 GE defeats PS4 i.e. 7870 GE has more compute power from it's CU's 2.56 TFLOPS. 7870 XT is superior to 7870 GE in memory bandwidth, TFLOPS, total CU SRAM storage and wavefront buffer.

7870 XT = peak 192 GB/s GDDR5, 2.995 TFLOPS, 1.535 MB LDS(SRAM), 384 KB L1 cache.

7870 GE = peak 153 GB/s GDDR5, 2.56 TFLOPS, 1.280 MB LDS(SRAM), 320 KB L1 cache.

Your interpretation with "memory operates" shouldn't be in conflict other dev's X1 having superior write performance statements.

PCI-E version 3.0 16 lanes (peak 32 GB/s, 16 GB/s per direction) are more than a match against PS4's CPU-to-GPU (peak 20 GB/s, 10 GB/s per direction), but this doesn't make any major differences since none of the current AMD CPUs supports PCI-E version 3.0 16 lanes (peak 32 GB/s) level I/O. AMD Kaveri APU would be AMD's first PCI-E version 3.0 16 lanes (peak 32 GB/s) level I/O support.

3. Bandwidth alone wouldn't solve X1's issues i.e. effective 32 MB ESRAM usage will require special treatments.

4. Both X1 and PS4 are in sub-1080p BF4 boat. DICE already has stated AO will in the final X1 BF4 build..

5 and 6.

If you scale 7870 GE's 55 fps to 14 CUs, you get 38.5 fps which is very close to 7790's 40 fps result i.e. Pitcairn vs Bonaire codename is just noise for BF4. The CU scaling is similar to Crysis 2's W5000 vs 7850 results.

If you scale 7850's 48 fps to 12 CUs, you get 36 fps which is lower than 7790's 40 fps result.

If you scale 7850's 48 fps to 11 CUs, you get 33 fps which is lower than 7790's 40 fps result. About 20 to 30 fps at 1080p is the expected result for 7770.

If you scale R9-290X's 105 fps to Radeon HD 7970's 32 CUs, you get 76.4 fps which is very close to 7970's 78 fps result.

It seems BF4 can be used to predicate and approximate PC Radeon HD GCN's frame rate at given CU count (with similar clock speed).

Since 7950 has 800Mhz clock speed, if you scale down it's 70 fps to 18 CUs, you get 45.4 fps, hence 1600x900p for PS4.

For BF4, this game is mostly CU bound.

1-Yeah there are reasons why ESRAM isn't working like MS say it will and is giving nothing but problems to developers.

2-The PS4 doesn't need to copy and paste constantly like the 5870 does,they don't even use the same GCN your memory claims were pulled from your ass,and since there is a developer saying is getting 172GB/s it basically destroy your argument of GDDR5 not performing well.

3-Yes that is what i have been saying for month and you have been saying other wise,but but 204GB/s,133GB alpha,256 bit bus rings a bell.? It turn out 32MB is not enough for 1080p with some effects,so it has to be gimped the resolution,i am sure this is something that is giving problems for a long time since it was leaks months and months ago.

4-Yeah the xbox one is on the 720p boat while the S4 is on the 900p one,we all know 900p > 720p,worse still the xbox one version is as much as 14 FPS slower in some intense parts that is sad,and without AO implemented which would hit the xbox one frame rate even more and you know it since AO has a hit on performance.

The problem here is simple and like DF claims the xbox one is under performing below its own specs,the xbox one is 1.18 TF you really spec to much from that,i have told you the xbox one will never reach the same results running games than a 7790 even that the 7790 has less bandwidth,because the xbox one lack the power,so you can saturate the 7790 with its power,but for the xbox one you can't do the same the power it has is not enough,the xbox one officially has more bandwidth than it needs.

I know things will improve but so will for the PS4 once compute is bring into the picture.

#647 Posted by W1NGMAN- (9968 posts) -

How is this even possible? COD looks like utter trash for a next gen title.

#648 Edited by NameIess_One (1077 posts) -

@jhcho2 said:

@tormentos said:

@NameIess_One said:

As a DX11 native title, Crysis 3 wouldn't even work on the 7800 GTX. Still, I don't know what you're saying here, are you saying many people have eye-sights that improve the image quality of titles running on weaker hardware?

Also, Steam stats don't prove me wrong on anything... it's pretty damn obvious the majority of PC gamers are packing mid-range hardware, I never tried to deny that. Regardless, there still are millions of gaming PCs right now around the world that outmatch the PS4, a system that isn't even out yet... and if you ask me, that's a pretty encouraging figure as far as PC gamer community goes.

Odd it runs on the PS3 which has a gimped 7800GTX..lol See the difference between PC and consoles.

Yes basically it does because you have are a sole opinion,steam stats gather system information from many PC which use the steam,not is not pretty obvious that is an assumption on your part without anything to back it up.

Console gamers pretending to know PC stuff?

1. It's 7800GT, not 7800GTX. 'GTX' started being used only when the 3-digit numbering system was introduce, ie. 200 series cards.

2. Crysis 3 is exclusive to DX11 only on PC but not consoles. Consoles don't use DirectX, and are not restricted by it. Devs have free reign to use any type of language or code on the consoles.

Actually, that part isn't correct:

http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce_7800.html

There indeed is a 7800 GTX.

#649 Posted by Krelian-co (13098 posts) -

@Giancar said:

I don't know what is more funny.

The fact that Greenberg answered PNF or the misleading part of his answer.

ahhaha misleading people with bs, stay classy MS.

#650 Posted by The_Last_Ride (74500 posts) -

What is the big deal? It's going to look better on PS4. Get over it, i am sure some games will look stunning on the X1 aswell. People need to focus on more important things in my opinion