Official: CoD - Ghosts 1080p on PS4, 720p on XOne.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Dreams-Visions (26569 posts) -

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rqqa5o

Hey, been on the road last couple weeks so haven’t had a chance to update, but wanted to confirm that for Xbox One we’re 1080p upscaled from 720p. And, we’re native 1080p on PS4. We optimized each console to hit 60 FPS and the game looks great on both. Still on the road, but glad to see the great reception to Extinction. Can’t wait for next week's launch.

Mark Rubin @IWMarkRubin

30th October 2013 from TwitLonger

Let the weeping and gnashing of teeth commence.

#2 Posted by lostrib (37020 posts) -

that's just sad

#3 Edited by freedomfreak (40613 posts) -

FINALLY

#4 Posted by lawlessx (46728 posts) -

@lostrib said:

that's just sad

it really is...

#5 Posted by Giancar (19066 posts) -

#TehSonyGaf #TehRumors

Also, welcome back pal.

#6 Edited by Kinthalis (5317 posts) -

MegaTON.

So I guess it's official, the Xbone is the 720p platform for the entirety fo next gen?

#7 Edited by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

Good for them to confirm this weeks before launch instead of waiting to the last minute. Now show vids of the game on both systems for comparison. If resolution is the only difference and both runs at 60 frames a second like they say, I'll be all in. Those single player graphics better stomp the hell out of battlefields cause BF4 on the One looks really good.

#8 Edited by gameofthering (10259 posts) -

I thought both consoles would have been able to run at least COD in 1080P.

#9 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@Kinthalis said:

MegaTON.

The back and forth of system wars is never less than entertaining *grabs popcorn* yesterday it was Titanfall and now its CoD screen resolutiongate 2013. Good times ahead :)

#10 Edited by superclocked (5823 posts) -

@lostrib said:

that's just sad

It really is. I'm selling my XB1 Day One on eBay and waiting for a massive price drop + Halo 5...

#11 Edited by Heil68 (44560 posts) -

Canceling my Xbone pre-order now, just like Xboxonity. :(

#12 Posted by Desmonic (14104 posts) -

Wow...that really is sad...even in 1080p it looks like a current gen game. Man those X1 drivers and tool must be completely f*cked (like most rumours have said in the past week). Hope MS get's it together soon enough!

#13 Edited by Dreams-Visions (26569 posts) -

@Giancar said:

#TehSonyGaf #TehRumors

Also, welcome back pal.

Good to be back and see familiar faces still running around causing trouble. :D

#14 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14097 posts) -

Who honestly didn't see this coming?

#15 Posted by NineTailedGoku (1927 posts) -

Xbox 720p LOL

#16 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11858 posts) -

Kekekekekekekekek

#17 Posted by BigBoss154 (2956 posts) -

They should have just called it the Xbox 720, after all..

#18 Posted by Couth_ (10128 posts) -

@Kinthalis said:

MegaTON.

Megatonne*

#19 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14097 posts) -

I for one blame the dog, far too many polygons for the xbone to handle properly.

#20 Posted by Dreams-Visions (26569 posts) -
@Giancar said:

#TehSonyGaf #TehRumors

Also, welcome back pal.

#21 Posted by freedomfreak (40613 posts) -
@lostrib said:

that's just sad

And yeah.

I mean, c'mon..

#22 Posted by StriateEnd (497 posts) -

preorder........................

still doesn't exist. This console is quite lol worthy. Pathetic.

#23 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

Cancelling my Call of Duty pre-order

#24 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Wow...that really is sad...even in 1080p it looks like a current gen game. Man those X1 drivers and tool must be completely f*cked (like most rumours have said in the past week). Hope MS get's it together soon enough!

Whats worse is, when you look at Ryse and Forza 5, that makes IW look like they have no clue what they are doing on the One. I hope we get comparison videos soon. But still its good he just said it and its out there with no BS or waiting or any of that. Now show us the game.

#25 Posted by NineTailedGoku (1927 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I wont lie, being this is COD, I did give XBone the benefit of the doubt to at least be able to run this in 1080p. I guess I overestimated the console. MS got caugh with their pants down. It should be official for everyone, PS4 is the main console this gen. XO is just for exclusives.

#26 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

This is unacceptable, xbone preorder canceled.

#27 Posted by Giancar (19066 posts) -

Btw, another one that @theshensolidus got right. We have our own insider it seems! =D

@Dreams-Visions said:
@Giancar said:

#TehSonyGaf #TehRumors

Also, welcome back pal.

Always, my good friend, always! Now time to get back in this new gen!

#28 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14097 posts) -

@NineTailedGoku said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I wont lie, being this is COD, I did give XBone the benefit of the doubt to at least be able to run this in 1080p. I guess I overestimated the console. MS got caugh with their pants down. It should be official for everyone, PS4 is the main console this gen. XO is just for exclusives.

I honestly thought MS could moneyhat activision enough to bring both versions to 720p to help quell the power difference rumors.

I'm glad some semblance of integrity still remains in this industry.

#29 Posted by NineTailedGoku (1927 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@Desmonic said:

Whats worse is, when you look at Ryse and Forza 5, that makes IW look like they have no clue what they are doing on the One. I hope we get comparison videos soon. But still its good he just said it and its out there with no BS or waiting or any of that. Now show us the game.

Thats because XO is a piece of shit to work with. I wouldn't get my hopes up for many more 1080p games. Ryse has small environments, while detailed, it shouldn't be hard to get it running higher than 720p. Same for Forza, I mean its a racing game, not much is going on. I think we can forget about open world games going beyond 720p on XO.

#30 Posted by II_Seraphim_II (20493 posts) -

Disappointing, but oh well. Im sure it will still look great and most importantly, play great.

#31 Edited by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

Lol, the lot of you canceling pre-orders.... one look at posting history says it all :)

Well we had the resolution rumors over the weekend. I guess now CoD isnt complete trash that is the same game on the same engine for the last ten years. Now its a killer app cause the PS4 runs at the higher resolution, right :) Gotta love Cow consitency.

#32 Posted by percech (5237 posts) -

I don't understand why a terrible looking game is rendering at 720p while there are much better looking games on the XONE in higher resolutions? Rushed game?

#33 Posted by lostrib (37020 posts) -

Although X1 still has DLC timed exclusivity right? so it might still be the go to console for COD fanboys

#34 Edited by Sushiglutton (5303 posts) -

Wow, just wow!!!!!

#35 Edited by Giancar (19066 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I for one blame the dog, far too many polygons for the xbone to handle properly.

#36 Edited by 2mrw (4986 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

LOOOL .. it better be worth it

I am cancelling my fake Xbone preorder as well :D

Poor lemmings.

#37 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

@percech said:

I don't understand why a terrible looking game is rendering at 720p while there are much better looking games on the XONE in higher resolutions? Rushed game?

That's because those other games were running on PCs

#38 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11858 posts) -

That fish A.I must take alot to run.

#39 Edited by Dreams-Visions (26569 posts) -

wrong thread.

#40 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14097 posts) -

I know it's bad to keep picking on this guy, but holy shit this is funny. Dudes about to be placed in a straight jacket and thrown in the back of a white van.

https://twitter.com/PNF4LYFE

Sorry XBOunity, consequences will never be the same.

#41 Edited by -Damien- (5355 posts) -

Bone = 720Box

PS4 = The new member of Master Race Club

#42 Posted by kitty (114739 posts) -

@percech said:

they wanted 60 fps sir, it's gonna come down to that with a lot of games. 1080p at 30, or 720p at 60.

#43 Edited by Gatman32 (441 posts) -

They still look exactly the same to me. Same with BF4, People say the X1 version of that looks better. I cant really see the differences though. People nitpick too much.

#44 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25696 posts) -

@Giancar said:

#TehSonyGaf #TehRumors

Also, welcome back pal.

Stupid SonyGAF, making up rumours to make the Xbone look bad. Not cool.

SonyGAF preorder cancelled.

#45 Edited by BPoole96 (22801 posts) -

Seems like the XBone has osteoporosis. There must be no milk in teh cloud

#46 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14097 posts) -

@-Damien- said:

Bone = 720Box

PS4 = The new member of Master Race Club

The master race kids table.

#47 Edited by lostrib (37020 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I know it's bad to keep picking on this guy, but holy shit this is funny. Dudes about to be placed in a straight jacket and thrown in the back of a white van.

Yeah, this was the first thing I checked after i saw this post. That guy is going to have a stroke. And apparently MP3 capabilities are more important than one of the biggest game franchises in history

#48 Posted by 35cent (912 posts) -

Shame it isn't native 1080p on both, but if they look the same (and they probably will) who cares.

#49 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14097 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Yeah, this was the first thing I checked after i saw this post. That guy is going to have a stroke. And apparently MP3 capabilities are more important than one of the biggest game franchises in history

The mp3 rage is the best part!

#50 Posted by NineTailedGoku (1927 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I honestly thought MS could moneyhat activision enough to bring both versions to 720p to help quell the power difference rumors.

I'm glad some semblance of integrity still remains in this industry.

My thoughts exactly. If MS wanted the better versions of games, they shouldve made a more powerful console. Holding back competiors moneyhatting doesn't help the industry. Activision gained a bit of my respect. Now if only they would make a more advanced engine for the game. Lems have a lot of crow to eat this gen :)