Official BO2 hype thread: Biggest franchise in the world

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

It's gauranteed to be much better than MW3, that much is sure.

#52 Posted by GrayF0X786 (3929 posts) -

i will be buying a new Cod once every 2 years, i skipped last years mw3, so i will be purchasing this one, if i don't like it i will just return it like i did with the first BOps, stil, Battlefield is the true king.

#53 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
10/10 thread. so much content, but ppl will still moan.
#54 Posted by MBirdy88 (8576 posts) -
So the feature list is identical to all the previous ones, cool beans. Re-skins are fun. not for 50 quid though.
#55 Posted by MBirdy88 (8576 posts) -
[QUOTE="campzor"]10/10 thread. so much content, but ppl will still moan.

Ummm, World of Warcraft has loads of content too, doesn't change the fact that to a lot of people after 8 friggin years they are fed up with this copy/paste/edit content that dominates and pollutes its genre into stagnation.
#57 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

Leader of FPS? Seriously?

Because of little to no changes in each Call of Duty games since COD4, I'm no longer interested in the franchise anymore. Dude, the E3 gameplay footage of BO2 is not impressive at all. Looked awful, so I'm skipping it and look forward to better games such as Far Cry 3.

#58 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="campzor"]10/10 thread. so much content, but ppl will still moan.

its 6 hour long scripted QTE fest SP. so much contents

more content than metro
#60 Posted by TheDidact (3981 posts) -
Great OP finalstar :) This'll be a great game, maybe not the best shooter this year but a great game. SNIPER4321 is already jelly because he can't play the superior console version.
#61 Posted by Technoweirdo (7315 posts) -

How Strong is Call of Duty?

simply 2 pictures:

*Pic of MW3 boxart saying it's "the best-selling franchise in Xbox 360 history*
*Pic of MW3 boxart saying it's "the best-selling franchise in PS3 history*

finalstar2007

It's not the best-selling franchise on the PC? Tsk, tsk.

Anyways, looking forward to the revamped Zombies mode and 3/4-team game modes.
Would like to see some footage of Zombies showcasing the new features though.

#62 Posted by OreoMilkshake (12825 posts) -
9.0. Can't wait.
#63 Posted by AcidSoldner (7051 posts) -
[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="campzor"]10/10 thread. so much content, but ppl will still moan.

its 6 hour long scripted QTE fest SP. so much contents

It's funny because Metro is nearly as much of a linear corridor scripted shooter.
#64 Posted by Heil68 (46127 posts) -

Cack of Poody Brown plops poo

seriously, it'll be a good game for fans of COD, they never really go wrong if, everything is always looking nice and IMO works well online.

they have made some changes this time, so lets see how those turn out.

I'll probably get it after christmas and have a go. I'll definitely enjoy halo more though, its deeper and harder to succeed. also shooting aliens hasn't got old, whilst shooting men in camouflage pants definitely has for me.

not gonna bash it, cause i have 1000/1000 on COD 4 and enjoyed MW3 a great deal.

I hope you enjoy it, good luck.

sts106mat
I'm going to do the opposite, get this game, then Halo after the holidays.
#66 Posted by freedomfreak (41877 posts) -
[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="AcidSoldner"][QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] its 6 hour long scripted QTE fest SP. so much contents

It's funny because Metro is nearly as much of a linear corridor scripted shooter.

you have not played metro 2033. its nothing like COD. its linear. sure

You go forward, shoot some baddies, recharge your flashight, and move on.
#67 Posted by Mario1331 (8828 posts) -

is the ak74u back? if not idc about this game

#68 Posted by Cheleman (7765 posts) -

is the ak74u back? if not idc about this game

Mario1331

it takes place in the future...

#69 Posted by DeX2010 (3991 posts) -
Black Ops 2 actually looks pretty good, definitely better than MW3.
#70 Posted by True_Chaos_UK (2570 posts) -

Y U no hype poll.

Anyways I lean more to the Treyarch releases now, enjoyed Blops, MW3 not so much. Im saying AA- 8.5, CoD games now are good solid releases if not a litlle stale, Don't know why people think they are the second comming.

#71 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

This is my most anticipated game, it will be the best shooter of the year, hell it will be the best multiplayer and shooter period. I'm picking this up day 1, it has so much quality and content it's insane.

Open world zombies, single player with multiple endings and player choice, new class system and score streaks.....it's going to be the best shooter ever made. Haters are gonna hate, but that's just their stupid problem.

Also the game is coming out for Wii U, so you should add that in the OP.

#72 Posted by Derbefrier (12 posts) -
After skipping the last couple CoD games. I pre ordered this one after the Zombie mode reveal. I have always enjoyed Treyarch's games more (WaW has been my favorite since COD4) . I went ahead and got it on Xbox. I'll never make a mistake of buying a CoD game on PC again...anyone up for 24\7 Nuketown!!!???!!!! bleh why do PC CoD players hate variety so much.
#73 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

And what do you mean back, COD comes out every year with overpriced mpa packs in between, how can it be back when it was never gone in the first place?

#74 Posted by finalstar2007 (25435 posts) -

10/10 thread. so much content, but ppl will still moan.campzor

Thanks, gonna try to put as much info as possible

#75 Posted by finalstar2007 (25435 posts) -

Leader of FPS? Seriously?

Because of little to no changes in each Call of Duty games since COD4, I'm no longer interested in the franchise anymore. Dude, the E3 gameplay footage of BO2 is not impressive at all. Looked awful, so I'm skipping it and look forward to better games such as Far Cry 3.

GamerwillzPS

No changes? did you even read everything in black ops 2? kid try to read then get back to post again. far Cry 3 looked like a CoD rip off

#76 Posted by finalstar2007 (25435 posts) -

This is my most anticipated game, it will be the best shooter of the year, hell it will be the best multiplayer and shooter period. I'm picking this up day 1, it has so much quality and content it's insane.

Open world zombies, single player with multiple endings and player choice, new class system and score streaks.....it's going to be the best shooter ever made. Haters are gonna hate, but that's just their stupid problem.

Also the game is coming out for Wii U, so you should add that in the OP.

ShadowMoses900

Its already there on the systems lol

#77 Posted by finalstar2007 (25435 posts) -

And what do you mean back, COD comes out every year with overpriced mpa packs in between, how can it be back when it was never gone in the first place?

ultimate-k

Black Ops 2 took 2 years or more... there is a difference between Modern Warfare franchise and the Black Ops franchise, very simple not rocket science so it was not out last year.

Map packs are optional so if you dont want to buy then dont buy if they they are overpriced.

Seriously if you cantl handle CoD then why are you still posting?? go play medal of honor or whatever u play becuse thisobviously isnt for you.

next!

#78 Posted by archvile_78 (8382 posts) -

Pretty good hype thread Finalstar, have fun with the game when it's out.

will most likely get an easy AAA here.

#79 Posted by AcidSoldner (7051 posts) -
[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="AcidSoldner"][QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] its 6 hour long scripted QTE fest SP. so much contents

you have not played metro 2033. its nothing like COD. its linear. sure

Yes I have. And yes, it's just as linear as CoD.
#80 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
At least it looks less generic than Halo.
#81 Posted by Heil68 (46127 posts) -
do you get both these items with standard edition of the game? Nuketown Zombies Bonus In-Game Content Nuketown 2025 Bonus Multiplayer Map
#82 Posted by finalstar2007 (25435 posts) -

do you get both these items with standard edition of the game? Nuketown Zombies Bonus In-Game Content Nuketown 2025 Bonus Multiplayer Map Heil68

If you pre-order you should only get the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map but not too sure about the zombie map.

the DLC is sold out in all of Canada with EBgames so sadly i'll be going with amazon so i can get the nuketowne multiplayer map

#83 Posted by Pug-Nasty (8508 posts) -

Looks exactly like every CoD before it this gen, which is to say it looks like a laggy pile of crap.

#84 Posted by the_bi99man (11054 posts) -

I'm interested. More interested than I've ever been in a CoD game. Which isn't saying much. But I'll keep an eye on it. Certainly does look like it's going to be way better than previous CoD games. As for the hype thread/poll... there's no way it'll be less than AA here. AAA.... very possible. Not a lock, but very possible. I'm gonna vote AA.

#85 Posted by Heil68 (46127 posts) -

[QUOTE="Heil68"]do you get both these items with standard edition of the game? Nuketown Zombies Bonus In-Game Content Nuketown 2025 Bonus Multiplayer Map finalstar2007

If you pre-order you should only get the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map but not too sure about the zombie map.

the DLC is sold out in all of Canada with EBgames so sadly i'll be going with amazon so i can get the nuketowne multiplayer map

If you buy the Hardened Edition you get both those things, plus some other stuff: Limited Edition 2-Sided SteelBook® (2) Collectible Challenge Coins Official Soundtrack by Jack Wall with Theme by Trent Reznor Exclusive Xbox LIVE® CLAW Avatar Props Exclusive Xbox LIVE® Zombies Avatar Props In-Game Content Nuketown Zombies Bonus In-Game Content Nuketown 2025 Bonus Multiplayer Map Exclusive Weapon Camo Exclusive Multiplayer Player Card Background Exclusive Zombies Player Card Background I just want the maps :P
#86 Posted by finalstar2007 (25435 posts) -

Looks exactly like every CoD before it this gen, which is to say it looks like a laggy pile of crap.

Pug-Nasty

Exactly?

• they made the game from zero and up
  • the whole game is into the future ( something that was never done in CoD )
  • multiplayer have been completly changed, now you might even not want to have killstreaks, its all about team work, multi team modes ( something that was never done in CoD )
  • zombies mode is now a whole game by itself, zombie mode offers 3 modes into it from classic to open world, to more players, etc
  • Training mode is now bigger than ever you could play with friends, play with bots, record, pasuse during play, test ur classes and more
  • heck even theater mode have been fully changed, now you can make ur own commentary on the fly while you are playing
  • They even made an optional install for PS3 just incase it slows down or lags.

man this company care and is why BO2 having one major hype unlike any other CoD

#88 Posted by TheDidact (3981 posts) -
[QUOTE="Heil68"]do you get both these items with standard edition of the game? Nuketown Zombies Bonus In-Game Content Nuketown 2025 Bonus Multiplayer Map

Nuketown 2025 comes with new copies of the game, not sure about zombies though.
#89 Posted by finalstar2007 (25435 posts) -

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"]do you get both these items with standard edition of the game? Nuketown Zombies Bonus In-Game Content Nuketown 2025 Bonus Multiplayer Map Heil68

If you buy the Hardened Edition you get both those things, plus some other stuff: Limited Edition 2-Sided SteelBook® (2) Collectible Challenge Coins Official Soundtrack by Jack Wall with Theme by Trent Reznor Exclusive Xbox LIVE® CLAW Avatar Props Exclusive Xbox LIVE® Zombies Avatar Props In-Game Content Nuketown Zombies Bonus In-Game Content Nuketown 2025 Bonus Multiplayer Map Exclusive Weapon Camo Exclusive Multiplayer Player Card Background Exclusive Zombies Player Card Background I just want the maps :P

You will probably need to go for the harden Edition to get both, i forgot to mention is that you will also get a PS3 theme when you preorder the game for PS3 while xbox gets an avatar

#90 Posted by Pug-Nasty (8508 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

finalstar2007

Exactly?

• they made the game from zero and upI'm not quite sure what you mean.
  • the whole game is into the future ( something that was never done in CoD )The game is set in the future, but the gameplay looks exactly like it always has. Even the weapons don't seem futuristic
  • multiplayer have been completly changed, now you might even not want to have killstreaks, its all about team work, multi team modes ( something that was never done in CoD )I expect tons of lag, as CoD always has tons of lag. If this remains true, the MP will be broken and it won't matter what "features" it has.
  • zombies mode is now a whole game by itself, zombie mode offers 3 modes into it from classic to op en world, to more players, etc Same problem as the MP.
  • Training mode is now bigger than ever you could play with friends, play with bots, record, pasuse during play, test ur classes and more Okay, but it will still be laggy.
  • heck even theater mode have been fully changed, now you can make ur own commentary on the fly while you are playing Don't really care about theater mode. If you want to record gameplay, you get a capture card. All theater mode does is increase the amount of crappy videos on Youtube.
  • They even made an optional install for PS3 just incase it slows down or lags. Lag in CoD isn't caused by streaming data from the disc, it's caused by piss poor netcode and and matchmaking system that has no standards so it can be fast.

#91 Posted by finalstar2007 (25435 posts) -

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

Pug-Nasty

Exactly?

• they made the game from zero and upI'm not quite sure what you mean.
  • the whole game is into the future ( something that was never done in CoD )The game is set in the future, but the gameplay looks exactly like it always has. Even the weapons don't seem futuristic
  • multiplayer have been completly changed, now you might even not want to have killstreaks, its all about team work, multi team modes ( something that was never done in CoD )I expect tons of lag, as CoD always has tons of lag. If this remains true, the MP will be broken and it won't matter what "features" it has.
  • zombies mode is now a whole game by itself, zombie mode offers 3 modes into it from classic to op en world, to more players, etc Same problem as the MP.
  • Training mode is now bigger than ever you could play with friends, play with bots, record, pasuse during play, test ur classes and more Okay, but it will still be laggy.
  • heck even theater mode have been fully changed, now you can make ur own commentary on the fly while you are playing Don't really care about theater mode. If you want to record gameplay, you get a capture card. All theater mode does is increase the amount of crappy videos on Youtube.
  • They even made an optional install for PS3 just incase it slows down or lags. Lag in CoD isn't caused by streaming data from the disc, it's caused by piss poor netcode and and matchmaking system that has no standards so it can be fast.

Ur major issue seem to be the lag, you might want to upgrade ur internet provider then because i have been playing Call of Duty since 2007 or 2008 ever since CoD4 and have never complained about lag issues. CoD games play smoothly and if the games lag it would lag for like 5 seconds then the game will kick the bad host.

#92 Posted by carlisledavid79 (10503 posts) -
Should pick this up. Haven't played a COD game since MW2
#93 Posted by Joedgabe (5131 posts) -

I bet it will break sales records.

#94 Posted by speedfog (3323 posts) -

Pre-Order bonus:

Pre-order Black Ops 2 at anytime before launch and get an exclusive DLC map for Nuketowne 2

Black-Ops-2-Nuketown-2025-570x760.jpg

At select retailers preorder the game for PS3 will give you a special Theme for ur system while xbox gets a special Avatar

finalstar2007

Also for 360, fake information.

Getting it, problem is the hardened edition is sold out everywhere here :(. Hate it.

#95 Posted by AtlanticRock (8122 posts) -

It's going to sell Billions!

#96 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25158 posts) -
Best on PC
#97 Posted by finalstar2007 (25435 posts) -

Best on PCSaltyMeatballs

I hear this with every single multiplat yet i buy em all on consoles :D.. thats how much fuqs i dont give :P

#98 Posted by finalstar2007 (25435 posts) -

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

Pre-Order bonus:

Pre-order Black Ops 2 at anytime before launch and get an exclusive DLC map for Nuketowne 2

Black-Ops-2-Nuketown-2025-570x760.jpg

At select retailers preorder the game for PS3 will give you a special Theme for ur system while xbox gets a special Avatar

speedfog

Also for 360, fake information.

Getting it, problem is the hardened edition is sold out everywhere here :(. Hate it.

I did say both PS3 and xbox get special items how is it fake information? :o

#99 Posted by Stringerboy (7203 posts) -

While it's nice to see Treyarch actually putting some effort into changing the forumla up a little, I just can't play COD anymore. The gameplay and graphics are so dated.

#100 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4340 posts) -

While it's nice to see Treyarch actually putting some effort into changing the forumla up a little, I just can't play COD anymore. The gameplay and graphics are so dated.

Stringerboy
COD is pointless to play anymore. People buy it just to prestige all over again. There are sports game that change more than COD does.