BREAKING NEWS! Black Ops 2 is now the best selling game of 2012 and the best selling game in history/best selling CoD game of all time selling OVER 8 million copies in less than 24 hours
Surprise! Live Action Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wIZp_E2CxQ&feature=g-all-lik
Zombies footage: ( watch before it gets taken down ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kgs1lEiy30
Hello and Welcome to the official Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Hype thread. This thread will include every information you might want to know about the upcoming biggest First Person Shooter in the History of gaming, in this thread haters will be owned, trolls are going to cry and so on.
Straight from GameStop: " Black Ops 2 is the most pre-ordered Call of Duty title of all time, we expect Black Ops 2 see the biggest game launch in gaming history"
Update 1: Treyarch confirm that for the first time ever blck ops 2 will introduce "Create Class" system in story mode and in zombies mode
Update 2: Call of Duty Elite will be free to all in Black Ops 2, that means people will be able to watch CoD TV, compare stats and so much more from now on for black ops 2 but there will NOT be free DLC... RIP halo 4
Update 3: No Elite App for the WiiU, only PS3, Xbox360 and PC
Activision says they will wait and see how the console turns out first.
Update 4: Devs confirm that weapons will also have the ability to prestiege in BO2
The live-stream feature in the game is tied to YouTube directly, its ONLY available on PS3 and Xbox360 ( no PC or WiiU )
Black Ops 2 features YouTube live streaming on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, Activision and Treyarch announced today. The game's built-in live streaming was revealed earlier this year, but we know now it's tied to YouTube. Today's announcement only confirmed built-in live streaming for PS3 and Xbox 360, with Wii U and PC versions not included.
The launch feature lets players stream multiplayer League Play games direct from their consoles to YouTube user channels and the Call of Duty Elite service. Webcam and audio commentary feeds can also be included in the stream, while Elite integration lets viewers see the player card of whoever's streaming, as well as additional data like class loadouts and career stats.
Welcome to the Leader of all online games Call of Duty!
"The things we built to protect us are now being used against us"
About the game:
- Release Date: November 13th.2012
- Systems: PlayStation 3, Xbox360, PC and WiiU
How Strong is Call of Duty?
simply 2 pictures:
Trailers and Videos:
Collectors Edition and Boxart:
Prices are as follows:
- Regular game: $59.99
- Harden Edition: $79.99
- Care Package Edition ( Sold out almost everywhere ): $179.99
- For the first time ever Call of Duty goes into the future with BO2's story
- Multiplayer completly changed now it has a whole new system, new modes, new killstreak system and more
- Zombies are back but they are not a mini game anymore, zombie mode for the first time ever goes beyond just a mini game, its now open world, 8 players and more
- Training mode is a whole new mode unlike anything you ever seen, its big, customizable and more
- Theater mode now you record, voice and directly upload from your game system
Black Ops 2 zombie mode is a whole game by itself
everything you want to know about zombie mode:
Zombie mode offers 3 types of modes into it:
- Open World type mode
- Classic mode the way everyone knows it
- Grief Mode ( whole new mode with 8 players into the same map fighting zombies with perks )
Treyarch revealed three modes during its preview event, detailing them in a presentation at the end of a day of multiplayer hands-on. One mode will be instantly recognizable to fans of other Treyarch Call of Duty games.
- 'Tranzit' adds scale to the original gametype, and acts as the primary mode for zombie players. Rather than be stuck in one location, players are free to explore a "big, giant, expansive world." Calling it "significantly bigger than anything [Treyarch has] ever created," Lamia promises players (playing solo or up to four-players co-op) can traverse on foot or via the bus featured in the zombies world premiere trailer above.
"Because it's open and because there are multiple locations in this world where you can play and where the infestation is, there's different strategies about how you can approach it," he adds. "It's a much bigger world with much more going on." Moving through the world in the bus has tactical advantages, such as speed; however, it isolates players and can become very difficult to escape from. Going it on foot "into the fog" which players can do by themselves or as part of the group also has its perks, but puts players in the middle of danger.
To aid in their survival, players can collection pieces of items from throughout the world, putting them together to create "buildables"; including weapons, tools and things to help open new areas of the world.
- 'Survival' has the "more classic zombies vibe," where zombie aggressors attack the player within a single area from the "expansive" Tranzit world. From its description, things work relatively the same as they have in the past: hole up, fortify your location and venture out to grab bonuses scattered throughout the environment when you find the right moment.
Survival areas are "carved out" of the Tranzit world and customized by Treyarch to act much like dedicated maps. Though Lamia wouldn't give an exact number, he promised players will have access to "multiple areas" in Survival that are designed to be played as a standalone section (solo or as a 4-player co-op experience). These areas feature the same gameplay zombie fans are used to, including magic items and 'Pack-a-Punch' machines.
- 'Grief' is a new mode, available for up to 8 players that takes the concept of Survival and adds a competitive twist. In this mode, two teams of four players are dropped within the zombie-infested Tranzit world and must outlive the opposing team.
"This is what I've called in the past '4z4,'" Lamia says, detailing a mode that breaks down to a simple descriptor of Humans vs. Humans vs. Zombies. "It's really humans versus zombies, because the zombies don't care what team you're on. They just want human flesh and brains."
In this mode, human players cannot kill each other; however, they can play with the world to put the opposing team in precarious situations hence the name 'Grief.' The last human team standing wins the match.
Standard elements like blocking passages seem to be on the docket to make the other team's life harder, but Lamia says there are "new mechanics exclusive to this mode" that players can employ to grief the other team with. When pressed for details, Lamia wouldn't budge on what those elements are.
How the Multiplayer Engine Changes Things
In Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, the zombies mode has been built on the multiplayer engine. In the past, Treyarch has stated this decision allows the developer to do new things it was unable to do in previous iterations. But what does that mean?
- Stat tracking: Zombie fans will now have "extensive stats" attached to their monster hunting sessions, much like multiplayer fans have in the competitive part of the game.
- Leaderboards: Stat tracking transitions into leaderboards for each zombie mode and can be broken down in detailed ways, like ranking based on maps. As an example, Lamia says players could check rankings for Survival in one particular area. "That will have its own leaderboard," Lamia added, mentioning detailed breakdowns for the other modes as well. "A lot more leaderboards, a lot more stats."
- Improved Matchmaking: Using the multiplayer system, the game will attempt to match players faster than it has in the past. Because stats are tracked, Lamia says, Treyarch "will do [its] best" to match players with similar skill in the zombies mode. Of course, players can jump in and play with friends or anyone of varied skill levels if they choose.
- Custom Games: "Now we're going to let you create custom games of the modes I just talked about," Lamia says. Creating a custom zombie game, players can make a series of decisions including setting a starting round (with players given points at the beginning of the match that are relative to the round choice, so players can purchase weapons and items to help them survive), you can set challenges like 'Headshots Only' at the beginning of the match or at specific rounds, turn magic items off (no perk machines, no 'Pack-a-Punch,' no mystery boxes). Lamia says there will be a laundry list of tweaks players can make.
A few additional details we were able to squeeze out of Treyarch regarding Zombies.
- The mode features four new playable characters, including a female survivor teased in promotional art for the game.
- Because the mode has no established narrative, Treyarch won't tell us what era the they envision the survivors living in. The single-player mode in Black Ops 2 shifts between the 1980s and the year 2025, while multiplayer takes place exclusively in the near-future setting. While some weapons in the teaser trailer point to a future timeline, Lamia tells us that its date remains a mystery as it's part of the narrative "fans are creating for the mode."
- Zombies only exists because of fan feedback. Treyarch loves the mode, but only continues to grow it because of fan demand.
- There are more zombie types, including new "normal zombies" and new "special zombie" adversaries.
- There's a lot revolving around the zombie gametype and all modes, really that Treyarch won't be revealing. The developer wants to keep some surprises for players when the game launches.
- Lamia promises plenty of Easter Eggs hidden throughout the Tranzit environment.
Black Ops 2 Story mode?
Black Ops 2 story mode will offer:
- Choices in story mode, the game may end in multiple ways depending on how you approch the choices
- Spans decades
- Tons of speacial missions
Joystiq:" Black Ops 2 is unlike any other Call of Duty game we have ever played"
The changes to Call of Duty multiplayer in Black Ops 2 are evident right from the create-a-class screen. The new system, dubbed 'Pick 10,' allows players to select any combination of weapons, items, and perks for their loadout on a simple grid. Each selection is worth a single point, with a maximum of ten points allotted per loadout. But you can do anything you want with this system and you'll never be forced to bring something you don't care for. Want a second flashbang instead of a sidearm? That's cool. Spend your points the way you want to.
Aside from perks, Black Ops 2 offers a new system called Wildcards. Wildcards allow players to change their loadout defaults in certain ways. For example, you can select the wildcard to allow for two lethal grenades to be carried into battle. But selecting this wildcard uses a point and then adding a second lethal will use a point. Another wildcard called "Gunfighter" allows players to equip three attachments on their primary weapon. The "Perk Greed" wildcard can be used to take a second Perk from the selected three perk groups. It's a risk/reward system. It's like you're getting an advantage, but you have to pay for it. Use more points to dig deeper and get the items/abilities you want, but you'll end up bringing less equipment to the party.
Call of Duty: Black Ops II has made some significant changes to the series extremely popular multiplayer. The loadout system has been revised, killstreaks have undergone a major overhaul, and there are even more options in terms of customization and game modes. In fact, so much has changed that it can be tough to keep track of what developer, Treyarch, has been up to.
More will be posted on the second post: all from: http://www.gamesradar.com/call-duty-black-ops-ii-multiplayer-everything-you-need-know-about-playing-online/
For PS3 Only:
Black Ops 2 will feature an optional Texture install for the PlayStation 3, Treyarch explains this optional install was put in place due to fan demand, it is there just incase a slow down happens.
When we explained to PS3 folks that installing to the HDD wouldn't neccessarily [sic] give us any significant performance gains, they explained back that the issue is they play so much it puts constant stress on the Blu-ray drive and wears them out."
Fun Facts about Black Ops 2
- Black Ops 2 will be the best selling game in 2012
- Black Ops 2 will have the highest numbers of people playing online this entire year
- Black Ops 2 will step on every other FPS that came/will come out this year
- Trolls are going to be crying all day due to BO2
- The most hyped Call of Duty game ever
- This is the game that everyone fear