official apology thread for POLYGON

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (4001 posts) -

we are humbled by your amazing reviewing skills, you are truly the masters of your craft and if we even dream of disagreeing with your opinion we shall wake up and apologies.

oh wait...hang on.. didnt polygon claim to only review the multiplayer part of cod? why yes they did, and what resolution was multiplayer on ps4? errmmm 1080p of course and did polygon receive funding from m$ in the amount of $750 000.00? why yes they did so are they still unreliable as sh%t? why yes they are

and why on earth does it say on ps4 cod box 1080p after patch? m$ holding it back till comparisons been made? why yes they did hahaha have fun

#2 Posted by Evo_nine (1677 posts) -

*shakes head* cows gana cow

#3 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10406 posts) -

source?

#4 Edited by danabo (2474 posts) -

I'll just leave this here....

http://blog.jeffgerstmann.net/post/66790643652/so-does-ghosts-run-better-on-xb1-rather-than-ps4

IGN -

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/...-ghosts-review

Character customization, maps, dynamic events, weapons, gametypes, and constant 60fps multiplayer framerates are ubiquitous across current- and next-gen platforms. The biggest variations between platforms falls upon visuals and player counts.

On the current-gen versions Ghosts looks nearly identical, though I did encounter occasional framerate issues during the single-player campaign on PS3 and PS4, whereas my time with the Xbox One version was stable throughout.

Polygon-

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/5/505...-ghosts-review

While the Xbox One version of Call of Duty: Ghosts has been confirmed by Activision to run at a lower resolution than its PS4 counterpart (720p upscaled to 1080p native, respectively), that numerical difference is less meaningful than you might imagine.

The two versions look nearly identical. Viewing the Xbox One release next to the PS4 ,

I had difficulty telling them apart. It's possible that the PS4 version looked somewhat sharper, but that may have just been my imagination after confirming the hard resolution difference.

The next-gen releases of Call of Duty: Ghosts are so close together that gun to my head, I'd have no confidence in being able to discern which version was which — at least, while the two are standing still.

The Xbox One release's framerate was far more noticeable. As mentioned in the initial review, Call of Duty: Ghosts suffers from consistent framerate drops on the PS4, especially during multiplayer when action got especially hectic. The Xbox One version suffered no such drops, maintaining a steady 60 frames per second throughout.

For a multiplayer shooter, framerate consistency is paramount. Given its relative visual parity with the PS4 release,

Call of Duty: Ghosts is a more playable, slightly superior (albeit disappointing) game on Xbox One.

#5 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (4001 posts) -

@danabo: haha as always cant face the truth bombs so rinse and repeat. frame rate fix is coming, is x1 getting 1080p? haha

#6 Posted by danabo (2474 posts) -

@danabo: haha as always cant face the truth bombs so rinse and repeat. frame rate fix is coming, is x1 getting 1080p? haha

"The Xbox One release's framerate was far more noticeable. As mentioned in the initial review, Call of Duty: Ghosts suffers from consistent framerate drops on the PS4, especially during multiplayer when action got especially hectic. The Xbox One version suffered no such drops, maintaining a steady 60 frames per second throughout."

Apologise.

#7 Edited by lundy86_4 (43065 posts) -

Shouldn't they apologize to Cows?

Killzone:

Knack:

#8 Edited by Gue1 (9590 posts) -

Polygon are so full of it and I'm glad they got caught on it.

#9 Edited by Nanomage (2417 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

They got caught telling the truth?

#10 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (4001 posts) -

source?

for what exactly? here is the confirmation they received funding from m$. its not like they try to hide it. and polygon said they are only reviewing multiplayer

#11 Edited by Gue1 (9590 posts) -

@Nanomage said:

@Gue1 said:

the MP is 1080p dawg, and everybody and their mothers say it looks much better yet Polygon says it looks the same. Now go cry me a river cus it's obvious your ass must be hurting real bad. ;)

#12 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (4001 posts) -

@lundy86_4: haha killzone and knack suck, i know this but not because polygon said so but still killzone score is harsh, i doubt its that bad

#13 Posted by Gue1 (9590 posts) -

we argue with facts, lems with denial. That's why cows are so hated on this board, because we own.

#14 Posted by Nanomage (2417 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@Nanomage said:

@Gue1 said:

the MP is 1080p dawg, and everybody and their mothers say it looks much better yet Polygon says it looks the same. Now go cry me a river cus it's obvious your ass must be hurting real bad. ;)

Oh,why are you so mad sunshine,the massive flops are getting to you dear? Hmm?

#15 Edited by lundy86_4 (43065 posts) -

@lundy86_4: haha nice source. killzone and knack suck, i know this but not because polygon said so

Metacritic is the Cow's holy grail. It comes in handy.

#16 Edited by danabo (2474 posts) -

we are humbled by your amazing reviewing skills, you are truly the masters of your craft and if we even dream of disagreeing with your opinion we shall wake up and apologies.

oh wait...hang on.. didnt polygon claim to only review the multiplayer part of cod? why yes they did

"The Xbox One release's framerate was far more noticeable. As mentioned in the initial review, Call of Duty: Ghosts suffers from consistent framerate drops on the PS4,

especially

during multiplayer when action got especially hectic. The Xbox One version suffered no such drops, maintaining a steady 60 frames per second throughout."

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/5/505...-ghosts-review

Apologise.

#17 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10406 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

source?

for what exactly? here is the confirmation they received funding from m$. its not like they try to hide it. and polygon said they are only reviewing multiplayer

I was more looking for a word from Polygon of them only reviewing the Call of Duty: Ghosts multiplayer.

In regards to the money from Microsoft, it looks like Polygon was paid to make a documentary.

___

I just don't understand this thread.

#18 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

Is there any ownage here or not?

#19 Posted by xLittlekillx (1805 posts) -

I have no idea what OP is talking about, but I bet it's pretty stupid.

#20 Edited by mems_1224 (46721 posts) -

lol cows are in full meltdown mode. this is better than the time TLOU got an 8

#21 Posted by danabo (2474 posts) -

Also. Apologise to all the other sites.

http://blog.jeffgerstmann.net/post/66790643652/so-does-ghosts-run-better-on-xb1-rather-than-ps4

IGN -

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/...-ghosts-review

Character customization, maps, dynamic events, weapons, gametypes, and constant 60fps multiplayer framerates are ubiquitous across current- and next-gen platforms. The biggest variations between platforms falls upon visuals and player counts.

On the current-gen versions Ghosts looks nearly identical, though I did encounter occasional framerate issues during the single-player campaign on PS3 and PS4, whereas my time with the Xbox One version was stable throughout.

#22 Edited by lamprey263 (23301 posts) -

don't feel bad, they gave Link Between World's a bad review and I still plan on getting it

it got like a 74 on Metacritic, which is okay territory, and cows have more unconditional love for anything made by Sony or a Sony exclusive so fanboys should be fine, basically the reviews to Killzone SF come down to a meh campaign but good multiplayer; so there you have it, if you plan on playing the MP you'll get a lot out of it, just like a BF game

#23 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13560 posts) -

So much for that upscaler fella's.

#24 Edited by Gue1 (9590 posts) -

@Nanomage said:

@Gue1 said:

@Nanomage said:

@Gue1 said:

Oh,why are you so mad sunshine,the massive flops are getting to you dear? Hmm?

derailing I see but more salt to that wound:

the multiplayer runs natively at 1080p resolution -DF

Stay butthurt.

#25 Edited by dubt72 (37 posts) -

Something must be wrong with my phone. All I see from the OP is:

MOOOOOOOO!!! sob. MOOOOOOO! mooooo...

#26 Edited by xLittlekillx (1805 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@Nanomage said:

@Gue1 said:

Poop in 1080p is still poop.

#27 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (4001 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

source?

I was more looking for a word from Polygon of them only reviewing the Call of Duty: Ghosts multiplayer.

In regards to the money from Microsoft, it looks like Polygon was paid to make a documentary.

___

I just don't understand this thread.

yeah 750 000 for a documentary haha they aint fooling no one and as for the review i cant remember the source

#28 Posted by StormyJoe (4964 posts) -

@Evo_nine said:

*shakes head* cows gana cow

Yep. Cows gonna cow.

#29 Posted by TheRealBigRich (726 posts) -

Could you post your source that polygon was only reviewing the MP part of COD ?

#30 Edited by lundy86_4 (43065 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

yeah 750 000 for a documentary haha they aint fooling no one and as for the review i cant remember the source

So, what's the going rate for a documentary? You seem well-informed.

Also, you can't remember the source? That renders the point moot.

#31 Posted by Gue1 (9590 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@Nanomage said:

@Gue1 said:

Poop in 1080p is still poop.

true but that's not the point.

#32 Posted by danabo (2474 posts) -