Odd-world Dev: Gap between PS4 and XB1 will never disappear

#101 Posted by bezza2011 (2726 posts) -

Honestly I cannot believe were still fighting over this.

Microsoft themselves even said they never made the thing with pure power in mind for there gaming console, it was always a media hub than anything, there is a video flying around the internet which has the creators talking about it all.

Hardware does not change, if the PS4 hardware is better than the Xbox One, then the fact is PS4 is always going to be the better system when it comes to graphics, this is not to say the games are going to be miles better, depending on what games you like, but in pure power and graphics PS4 is always going to be on top, no matter what driver updates the Xbox One gets, because the PS4 will also get driver updates.

honestly were fighting over stuff which is set in stone for this generation you even need to accept this, and move on to how the gameplay is, or just go and sulk on your own and live in dream land.

the fact is the hardware in the Xbox One cannot and will not catch the PS4 hardware.

#102 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6256 posts) -

Poor lemmings. This time yesterday they were hailing Lorne Lanning as a guy willing to stick it to the evil cows, a glimmer of hope in the neverending rainclouds pouring on them in the gaming ghetto. Now they reject him with equal vigour.

THE

LEMMINGS

HAVE

BEEN

OWNED

#103 Edited by sts106mat (20631 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Poor lemmings. This time yesterday they were hailing Lorne Lanning as a guy willing to stick it to the evil cows, a glimmer of hope in the neverending rainclouds pouring on them in the gaming ghetto. Now they reject him with equal vigour.

THE

LEMMINGS

HAVE

BEEN

OWNED

wow perhaps you'd benefit from a girlfriend or something.

#104 Edited by Bishop1310 (1231 posts) -

At this point I don't care.. When the games I've picked up for my ps4 have been this bland and boring (yes infamous was meh for me) it's clear "teh powah" of the machine doesn't matter. While I play the shit out of titanfall on my weaker x1 and soon to be mario cart 8 on the P.O.S Wii U, I'll sit, stare and express disappointment towards my PS4.

#105 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (9489 posts) -

This dev is correct to some extent. The gap will not disappear but actually flip flop. This time next year the PS4 will be playing catch up in all areas. Power, sales, quality first party games, FPS, resolution. Man the I could go on and on with this list.

#106 Posted by bezza2011 (2726 posts) -

@Bishop1310 said:

At this point I don't care.. When the games I've picked up for my ps4 have been this bland and boring (yes infamous was meh for me) it's clear "teh powah" of the machine doesn't matter. While I play the shit out of titanfall on my weaker x1 and soon to be mario cart 8 on the P.O.S Wii U, I'll sit, stare and express disappointment towards my PS4.

Agreed but the problem is, this is such a short term look at things, take this into account

Titanfall 2 will be Multiplatform, the Dev's themselves have said that they want there game on every platform, so X1 loses another game.

Dead Rising 1 was an exclusive to 360, but Dead Rising 2 wasn't, I suspect Dead Rising 4 to be multiplatform.

Ryse was a great looking cutscene film, but they to are a third party dev, who have made games for both systems, so their next game may likely be a multplats game.

What I'm saying is, X1 has only really got it's core Exclusives to hold on to later on, in it's life, same as the 360 did, it has Halo, Gears, Fable, and Forza. There are a few curve balls what may work for them, but considering alot of talk last gen and what seem to be the trend in gaming is that the best and top games these days are Multiplatform games, It's just ashame Microsoft don't hold down True Exclusives and stop bringing them out on the PC aswel as X1

#107 Posted by Krelian-co (13274 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Poor lemmings. This time yesterday they were hailing Lorne Lanning as a guy willing to stick it to the evil cows, a glimmer of hope in the neverending rainclouds pouring on them in the gaming ghetto. Now they reject him with equal vigour.

THE

LEMMINGS

HAVE

BEEN

OWNED

wow perhaps you'd benefit from a girlfriend or something.

as would you since you keep damage controlling xbone 24/7.

#108 Posted by Bishop1310 (1231 posts) -

@bezza2011 said:

@Bishop1310 said:

At this point I don't care.. When the games I've picked up for my ps4 have been this bland and boring (yes infamous was meh for me) it's clear "teh powah" of the machine doesn't matter. While I play the shit out of titanfall on my weaker x1 and soon to be mario cart 8 on the P.O.S Wii U, I'll sit, stare and express disappointment towards my PS4.

Agreed but the problem is, this is such a short term look at things, take this into account

Titanfall 2 will be Multiplatform, the Dev's themselves have said that they want there game on every platform, so X1 loses another game.

Dead Rising 1 was an exclusive to 360, but Dead Rising 2 wasn't, I suspect Dead Rising 4 to be multiplatform.

Ryse was a great looking cutscene film, but they to are a third party dev, who have made games for both systems, so their next game may likely be a multplats game.

What I'm saying is, X1 has only really got it's core Exclusives to hold on to later on, in it's life, same as the 360 did, it has Halo, Gears, Fable, and Forza. There are a few curve balls what may work for them, but considering alot of talk last gen and what seem to be the trend in gaming is that the best and top games these days are Multiplatform games, It's just ashame Microsoft don't hold down True Exclusives and stop bringing them out on the PC aswel as X1

Absolutely correct. Xbox needs new IP's this gen and hopefully we see that at E3. The big problem I've had with playstation for the the last gen and now this gen it's just not worth picking it up until the last couple of years into the generation. After e3 where the ps4 was announced it seemed it would be very different this time around. So far it's shaping up to be more of the same and it's a little frustrating. Driveclub was a must buy for me at launch and now look where it is.

All I'm saying is that the "stronger" system never ever means it has better games. We've seen it in the past with the PS2 and the first xbox, 360 and PS3(the cell) and the scenario is looking very familiar to this point.

#109 Edited by sts106mat (20631 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@sts106mat said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Poor lemmings. This time yesterday they were hailing Lorne Lanning as a guy willing to stick it to the evil cows, a glimmer of hope in the neverending rainclouds pouring on them in the gaming ghetto. Now they reject him with equal vigour.

THE

LEMMINGS

HAVE

BEEN

OWNED

wow perhaps you'd benefit from a girlfriend or something.

as would you since you keep damage controlling xbone 24/7.

got a wonderful wife waiting at home, so dont need a girlfriend....some of us have to work for a living you see. If you check my post history, you will see I am only ever on during the day in the week. I dont visit on a weekend or evening (unlike some)

Also, care to link me doing any damage controlling please?

#110 Edited by Cloud_imperium (7036 posts) -

@topgunmv said:

Enough with the 60fps. It will never be the standard on consoles (nor for the majority of people on pc).

"Majority of People on PC" , pretty sure every gaming PC can run games like Half Life 2 Episode 2 on 60fps these days and once it was 2nd episode of graphics king (HL 2). Same goes for Portal 2 or any other 2-3 years old game .

My point is , technology progress on PC pretty fast , and even on games' launch , anyone can set game graphics a bit lower to achieve higher frame rates if there is PC is not able to handle it on Max settings (90% games look better on PC than consoles even on lowest settings) . Lot of people are playing games like BF4 on stable 60fps and 1080p on PCs while consoles are at lower resolutions and frame rates (in multiplayer) .

Even non gaming PCs after few years will be playing games like BF3 just like how they play Left 4 Dead 2 because hardware becomes cheaper and every pre build PC comes with a decent processor and video chips .While on consoles you have to pray for HD remakes of old gen games since those are not backward compatible .

#111 Posted by kinectthedots (2820 posts) -

@PinkieWinkie said:

@Salt_The_Fries: Biased or not, what did he state that is false?

The "gap" being closer than ever.

lol, the specs for the machines are the same as they were since they were both revealed at E3 last year. So, the "gap" is still the same as it always been, xbox one running games at 1080p @ 60fps wont change that.

#112 Posted by donalbane (16379 posts) -

Of course the gap won't narrow so that the Xbox One is suddenly as powerful as a PS4, but the Xbox One has nice exclusives that look and play great. That's all that I care about. The PS4 doesn't have games that best the nicest looking PC games I own, but that doesn't mean I regret buying it.

#113 Posted by blamix99 (2581 posts) -

it will never dissapear

#115 Posted by Minishdriveby (10520 posts) -

@blackace said:

@tyloss: There won't be any gap by the time E3 2015 rolls around. Has Just Add Water ever made any XBox games? Lets have a look shell we.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_Add_Water_%28company%29

Release DateTitlesGenrePlatform(s)
2009Gravity CrashMultidirectional shooterPlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable
2011Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HDFirst-person/Third-person action-adventurePlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, Windows
2012Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HDPlatformPlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita
2014Oddworld: New 'n' TastySide-scrolling, PlatformPlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, PlayStation 4, Wii U, Windows, Mac, Linux
2014Gravity Crash Ultra[7]Multidirectional shooterPlayStation Vita

Well look at that. Not even one Xbox game ever made. Looks like a jelly 1st Party developer who has never worked on XBox 360 or Xbox One. Obviously this CEO at Just Add Water is clueless and biased for Sony. Trying to spread negative BS about the XBox One. Poor sap. He'll be crying after the E3 for those comments.

Obviously you don't know what you're talking about.

#116 Posted by tormentos (20548 posts) -

@Murderstyle75 said:

@blackace:

Why is it that Lemmings are so incredibly stupid posting wiki links with absolutely no understanding of the roots of the Xbox platform?

Back when you were either in diapers or was a PS2 cow, Lorne Lanning made Munches Oddysee under Oddworld Inhabitants as an Xbox exclusive published by Microsoft Game Studios. It was an original launch title and I bought this game on day 1. In 2005, Strangers Wraith was made as an Xbox exclusive as well.

In 2010, JAW got ahold of Lanning with interest in resurrecting the series. Strangers Wraith HD remake was in development for the 360 but never released because it was priced at $14.99 on Steam and PSN and M$ refused to let the game on their marketplace for less then $20 because it was over 2GB. JAW wasn't going to raise the price for everybody just because lems don't mind being raped so the XBLA version never happened.

Jesus Fucking Christ. Does Microsofts target consumer know anything about gaming or their own company even from anything besides Wikipedia? No wonder why it was so easy to sell you fools the Xbox One. This guy who you claim has never made an Xbox title was one if the very first Xbox developers.

The sad part is that Blackace say he is a manticore and not a lemming..hahahaha

He didn't even know Ms money hat abbes creator so that the game which was pretty well receive on PS1 was exclusive on xbox,the poor sad kid doesn't know anything he just cheer lead for MS non stop while pretending to be unbiased,he didn't also know that the PS3 allow you to share PSN games..lol some manticore he is..lol

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/microsoft-secures-exclusive-worldwide-rights-to-publish-oddworld-games-for-xbox-75154917.html

MS Pay for the right to publish the game before the xbox was even out on October 2000,because they wanted something that was well receive on PS1.

The sad dude doesn't even know that,notice how he banish from the thread..lol

#117 Posted by kinectthedots (2820 posts) -

@blamix99 said:

it will never dissapear

Pretty much

Let me sum up what this dev is saying so lemmings can get understanding of how relevant his comment was when comparing PS4 to xbox one

Wipeout HD on PS3 runs 1080p @ 60fps...DERP, gap between PS4 and PS3 closer than ever!

#118 Posted by murray69murray (127 posts) -

@topgunmv said:

Enough with the 60fps. It will never be the standard on consoles (nor for the majority of people on pc).

Your part about the PC is nonsensical. Even those with the shittiest IGPs can run games at 60FPS but they would have to lower the visual quality and/or resolution for that. Point being that they can run games at 60FPS.

#119 Posted by handssss (1901 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

@Salt_The_Fries: Biased or not, what did he state that is false?

The "gap" being closer than ever.

lol, the specs for the machines are the same as they were since they were both revealed at E3 last year. So, the "gap" is still the same as it always been, xbox one running games at 1080p @ 60fps wont change that.

they think if MS cuts enough corners, they can get a bigger shape than the one they started out with.

#120 Edited by tyloss (846 posts) -

@blackace said:

@tyloss: There won't be any gap by the time E3 2015 rolls around.

Still waiting for my link, BlackAce.

#122 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

TLHBO. That gap is equivalent to the gap between the average lem's intellect and a gamer's intellect.

#123 Posted by StormyJoe (6748 posts) -

@tyloss: No one has ever said they will be equal, just that the performance gap will narrow and XB1 versions of multiplats will be at 1080p/60fps.

#124 Posted by tyloss (846 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@tyloss: No one has ever said they will be equal, just that the performance gap will narrow and XB1 versions of multiplats will be at 1080p/60fps.

BlackAce said and I quote "There won't be any gap come E3 2015"

Someone did say they would.

#125 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (16723 posts) -

We're dealing with the biggest gap since ps2 and xbox really.

#126 Posted by Krelian-co (13274 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@tyloss: No one has ever said they will be equal, just that the performance gap will narrow and XB1 versions of multiplats will be at 1080p/60fps.

when proven wrong deny everything, oh lems, stay classy.

#127 Posted by tyloss (846 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@StormyJoe said:

@tyloss: No one has ever said they will be equal, just that the performance gap will narrow and XB1 versions of multiplats will be at 1080p/60fps.

when proven wrong deny everything, oh lems, stay classy.

Oh Lol look below....

@tyloss said:

@blackace said:

@tyloss: There won't be any gap by the time E3 2015 rolls around.

Still waiting for my link, BlackAce.

#128 Posted by bezza2011 (2726 posts) -

@Bishop1310 said:

@bezza2011 said:

@Bishop1310 said:

At this point I don't care.. When the games I've picked up for my ps4 have been this bland and boring (yes infamous was meh for me) it's clear "teh powah" of the machine doesn't matter. While I play the shit out of titanfall on my weaker x1 and soon to be mario cart 8 on the P.O.S Wii U, I'll sit, stare and express disappointment towards my PS4.

Agreed but the problem is, this is such a short term look at things, take this into account

Titanfall 2 will be Multiplatform, the Dev's themselves have said that they want there game on every platform, so X1 loses another game.

Dead Rising 1 was an exclusive to 360, but Dead Rising 2 wasn't, I suspect Dead Rising 4 to be multiplatform.

Ryse was a great looking cutscene film, but they to are a third party dev, who have made games for both systems, so their next game may likely be a multplats game.

What I'm saying is, X1 has only really got it's core Exclusives to hold on to later on, in it's life, same as the 360 did, it has Halo, Gears, Fable, and Forza. There are a few curve balls what may work for them, but considering alot of talk last gen and what seem to be the trend in gaming is that the best and top games these days are Multiplatform games, It's just ashame Microsoft don't hold down True Exclusives and stop bringing them out on the PC aswel as X1

Absolutely correct. Xbox needs new IP's this gen and hopefully we see that at E3. The big problem I've had with playstation for the the last gen and now this gen it's just not worth picking it up until the last couple of years into the generation. After e3 where the ps4 was announced it seemed it would be very different this time around. So far it's shaping up to be more of the same and it's a little frustrating. Driveclub was a must buy for me at launch and now look where it is.

All I'm saying is that the "stronger" system never ever means it has better games. We've seen it in the past with the PS2 and the first xbox, 360 and PS3(the cell) and the scenario is looking very familiar to this point.

I think for me E3 this time around is make or break for both systems, this is probably the most important E3 they will ever do.

Microsoft really need to come out fighting and brand new IPs need to be shown Halo gameplay trailer or something more needs to be shown, Gears Of War needs to be shown a little bit at least, all there core IPs need to be front and centre to push it, but of course we have been there done that with these franchises alot, we really do need to see some of what they keep talking about all these studio's they have got, all this money they say they've spent, I just hope they live up to there talking because for me in the past they have always talked the talk but never delivered.

I like Sony I'm not going to lie, but they also have a massive importance and responsibility this E3, they've had to many games get delayed and they really need to push every First party developer we still have no idea what there doing come out and show off, they really need at least 3 or 4 game changers in it, to stay ahead, I just hope we find out alot more games are coming this year because truth be told both Xbox One and PS4 are lacking games going forward now except from of course multiplayer games.

#129 Edited by StormyJoe (6748 posts) -

@tyloss said:

@StormyJoe said:

@tyloss: No one has ever said they will be equal, just that the performance gap will narrow and XB1 versions of multiplats will be at 1080p/60fps.

BlackAce said and I quote "There won't be any gap come E3 2015"

Someone did say they would.

Oh... well... I don't agree with that.

#130 Edited by StormyJoe (6748 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@StormyJoe said:

@tyloss: No one has ever said they will be equal, just that the performance gap will narrow and XB1 versions of multiplats will be at 1080p/60fps.

when proven wrong deny everything, oh lems, stay classy.

Why are you responding to my posts when you know I don't care at all what you have to say?

#131 Posted by iloveatlus (472 posts) -

Xbone has some nice looking games & it will continue to get more. But, c'mon, lemmings. Xbone isn't a transformer, it isn't going to change to an awesome autobot, the gap won't disappear. I'm starting to think that lemmings are still in Middle School or High School.


#132 Posted by Krelian-co (13274 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@Krelian-co said:

@StormyJoe said:

@tyloss: No one has ever said they will be equal, just that the performance gap will narrow and XB1 versions of multiplats will be at 1080p/60fps.

when proven wrong deny everything, oh lems, stay classy.

Why are you responding to my posts when you know I don't care at all what you have to say?

because i enjoy making you look like a fool, why else?

#133 Edited by StormyJoe (6748 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Krelian-co said:

@StormyJoe said:

@tyloss: No one has ever said they will be equal, just that the performance gap will narrow and XB1 versions of multiplats will be at 1080p/60fps.

when proven wrong deny everything, oh lems, stay classy.

Why are you responding to my posts when you know I don't care at all what you have to say?

because i enjoy making you look like a fool, why else?

But... you didn't here, and never have in the past.

You just continuously emphasize that you are a moo-cow fanboy - that's hardly a detriment to me or my opinions.

#134 Posted by misterpmedia (4610 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

This dev is correct to some extent. The gap will not disappear but actually flip flop. This time next year the PS4 will be playing catch up in all areas. Power, sales, quality first party games, FPS, resolution. Man the I could go on and on with this list.

Well the list is being produced from your ass so I'm not surprised you can keep pulling stuff out of there. :P

#135 Edited by Gue1 (11607 posts) -

@bezza2011 said:

Honestly I cannot believe were still fighting over this.

there's tons of people that still believe that with cloud computing, DX12 and the super secret stacked chip or second GPU will somehow make the Xbone be more powerful than the PS4. XD

#136 Posted by bezza2011 (2726 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@bezza2011 said:

Honestly I cannot believe were still fighting over this.

there's tons of people that still believe that with cloud computing, DX12 and the super secret stacked chip or second GPU will somehow make the Xbone be more powerful than the PS4. XD

Crazy.

DX12 will open up the CPU abit more because it's bottlenecked at the moment but it won't change the power of the GPU, you can't it can only do so much, don't know why DX12 is a massive deal we get a new DX every so often anyway we've had enough of them over the years, this DX12 is more towards PC gamers anyway. ridiculous, sometimes you think do any of these know that the PS4 drivers and softeware won't be upgraded as well.

#137 Edited by delta3074 (19031 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

"b...bu....bu...but teh DirextX 12 driverz!!!1"

TLHBO

Why do you bother? nothing you ever post actually add to the debate, you just sling one sentence insults around all day.

Does your mother know you are playing with the interwebs?

#138 Posted by delta3074 (19031 posts) -
@lundy86_4 said:

good show old chap *very loud clapping*

You didn't just hit the nail on the head, you drove it straight into the ground,lol

#139 Edited by MWright469 (168 posts) -

If you really want to see good graphics, leave the basement and go outside. I hear rocks and trees are looking good these days.