Oculus Rift Will Be A Platform For Facebook Apps

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by kuu2 (7912 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

@kuu2: It is only a display device.

In the form you know. I am sure $2 billion investment in a "display device" is exactly what Facebook was thinking as well.

#52 Posted by Wasdie (50592 posts) -

@kuu2: That's your own opinion that has absolutely no real evidence to support it.

#53 Edited by kuu2 (7912 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

@kuu2: That's your own opinion that has absolutely no real evidence to support it.

And you have none that they won't after the purchase.

#54 Edited by Sushiglutton (5500 posts) -

There is no reason for consumers to make up their minds now (DK2 is not for average consumers). Just wait a year and a half (or whenever it releases) and see what's on offer.

#55 Edited by kuu2 (7912 posts) -

@Sushiglutton said:

There is no reason for consumers to make up their minds now (DK2 is not for average consumers). Just wait a year and a half (or whenever it releases) and see what's on offer.

I don't think anyone has made up their minds about anything except Hermits being in denial about nothing will change from the vision first laid out when Oculus came to being.

The writer is speculating based on his interactions with the CEO of Oculus, and the details of the deal. I believe he is right on the money.

#56 Posted by Vaasman (11761 posts) -

Oh are we allowed to post opinions based on nothing as news and facts now? This just in, Oculus is being redesigned, it is now only for drunken facebook posts to your ex. All game related features will be removed because I said so.

#57 Posted by Sushiglutton (5500 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@Sushiglutton said:

I don't think anyone has made up their minds about anything except Hermits being in denial about nothing will change from the vision first laid out when Oculus came to being.

The writer is speculating based on his interactions with the CEO of Oculus, and the details of the deal. I believe he is right on the money.

I have seen lots of comments from people saying stuff like "bye bye Oculus" or whatever. It's pretty silly. Just wait until it's out and the we will have 100% accurate info.

#58 Posted by kuu2 (7912 posts) -

@Vaasman said:

Oh are we allowed to post opinions based on nothing as news and facts now? This just in, Oculus is being redesigned, it is now only for drunken facebook posts to your ex. All game related features will be removed because I said so.

In other words you don't like what is being said in the article and you will stick your fingers in your ears and throw a tantrum.........

Got it.

I don't think anyone in this entire thread has said that gaming will go away, in fact what has been said is that Facebook will have its own store with games. I actually think Facebook is thinking of its own Steam type service. Much like Origin is a competitor to Steam, and Oculus will help to sell that platform.

#59 Edited by naz99 (1777 posts) -

@kuu2: Umm no he is just making wild speculations and assumptions based on no facts......which is exactly what you are doing.......his points are more outrageous but no less true than yours.....get the point?

#60 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Again, people not understanding how the Rift works or how business works.

The Rift doesn't play the games or run the software, it's just a screen. Also Facebook integrating stuff for it doesn't mean games will suddenly have ads or pop ups for Facebook. That's still entirely up to the dev to do

In its current form no, but Facebook and Oculus can change that pretty easily.

How? it only displays the image, it doesn't have any capabilities to do these things.

Like I said "people not knowing how the Rift works" seem to be the ones lambasting this deal between Facebook and Oculus

#61 Posted by musicalmac (23542 posts) -

If you can't substantiate your claims in this thread, @kuu2, I'm going to lock it.