Obsidian are liars and hacks - Rageaholic tells us how it is

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 0

#201 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

Kandlegoat

So you're tellin me that the user reviews were paid off as well? Everybody considered Fallout 3 to be the superior game. There's just a very vocal minority who support the buggy hot mess that is New Vegas.

I'm having trouble seeing how this proves me wrong about "New Vegas being a superior RPG and a true successor to the original 2 Fallouts?

Majority > Minority

Look I get that you think it's cool to be a hipster and hate on all the popular stuff, but that isn't the real world, ight? Things are popular for a reason. New Vegas was pissed on by the media and gamers alike because it was a subpar product. A disappointing piece of excrement, doomed to float down the eternal river of feces that is Obsidian's life work.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#202 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

[QUOTE="Kandlegoat"]

untitled-129u2uwq.gif

But dont let me stop you from trying to save face through "mainstream reviews".... because you're unable to counter anything I said.

drinkerofjuice

So you're tellin me that the user reviews were paid off as well? Everybody considered Fallout 3 to be the superior game. There's just a very vocal minority who support the buggy hot mess that is New Vegas.

New Vegas is far from a buggy mess. It has been for a while now. But of course, it's not like you've played the game or anything. Otherwise you wouldn't be using what other people think about the game as the source of your debate. And even then, you're wrong.

Shake's probably never played an Obsidian game in his life.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#203 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

New Vegas is a great game but i still think i prefer Fallout 3.

icyseanfitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#204 icyseanfitz
Member since 2006 • 2493 Posts

obsidian are one of the few devs i have any respect for these days, their games arnt perfect (no ones are) but they have great writing/stories which is what i like in a game, kotor 2 was pushed out the door way ahead of schedule by lucas and i still loved that game, cant wait to see what their kickstarter turns out like when they have no idiot publisher on their back

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23904 Posts

Fallout 3's biggest problem was not the bugs, but the awful game design.

Game design that still unfortunately tainted a bit of F:NV. Still, F:NV was a good game despite Fallout 3's stink.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Ilovegames1992

Game design that still unfortunately tainted a bit of F:NV. Still, F:NV was a good game despite Fallout 3's stink.

Maroxad

Elaborate?

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Shake's probably never played an Obsidian game in his life.

Why would he? That would make him a reasonable and intelligent poster, and he wouldn't want that.
Kandlegoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 Kandlegoat
Member since 2009 • 3147 Posts

[QUOTE="Kandlegoat"]

Master_ShakeXXX

I'm having trouble seeing how this proves me wrong about "New Vegas being a superior RPG and a true successor to the original 2 Fallouts?

Majority > Minority

Look I get that you think it's cool to be a hipster and hate on all the popular stuff, but that isn't the real world, ight? Things are popular for a reason. New Vegas was pissed on by the media and gamers alike because it was a subpar product. A disappointing piece of excrement, doomed to float down the eternal river of feces that is Obsidian's life work.

Except I dont prefer New Vegas over FO3 to be cool,I prefer New Vegas over FO3 for being a superior RPG and a truer successor to the original games" ...like i've already stated a few times in this thread.

And the fact that you actually think Popularity equals Quality shows that you're a fvcking idiot. That's like saying Twilight is a better written piece of Literature than Blood Meridian because it's more popular in the mainstream. :roll:

It's rather amusing seeing you use the whole "popular opinion" card when it suits your argument...Yet you flip-flop and conveniently disregard this same mindset when it comes to Nier or one of your *insert sh!t game is underrated masterpiece/flavor-of-the-month threads*

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="Kandlegoat"]

Kandlegoat

Majority > Minority

Except I dont prefer New Vegas over FO3 to be cool,I prefer New Vegas over FO3 for being a superior RPG and a truer successor to the original games" ...like i've already stated a few times in this thread.

And the fact that you actually think Popularity equals Quality shows that you're a fvcking idiot. That's like saying Twilight is a better written piece of Literature than Blood Meridian because of a larger mainstream reception. :roll:

It's quite amusing seeing you use the whole "popular opinion" card when it suits your argument...Yet you flip-flop and conveniently disregard this same mindset when it comes to Nier or one of your *insert sh!t game is underrated masterpiece/flavor-of-the-month threads*

Hey now, name calling is not the answer. Arguments can only be won through kindness and respect.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#210 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Hey now, name calling is not the answer. Arguments can only be won through kindness and respect.

Master_ShakeXXX

Are you serious? You've ben sh*tting on fans and Obsidian backed by that grossly uninformed video ever since you starter this thread. That biased nature of yours makes me think you're just one of them trolls seeking attention and gobbling up every rage you succeed on creating.

Get the f*ck outa hererolllaugh.gif, fool.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Majority > Minority

Master_ShakeXXX

Gaming is a subjective experience, your personal experience of a game is utmost importance and value to you. If you hold another man's value over your own, then hey, it's my fault you're insecure about yourself. You respect opinions, you do not hold them over your own opinion as some numerical value that is absolute, because at the end of the day, they just be gamers playing games and informing other people on their personal experience, which will differ vastly from one person to another.

'Things' are popular because of marketing and brand power, and relatively a whole slew of influences that we can't comment on because we don't work in any domain of that nature. Anything els beside that are assumptions backed up by nothin.

New Vegas was well recieved (especially on the PC), but criticized because of its sloppy release, a release similar to every single Bethesda title by the way, yet Bethesda games get a pass because, you guessed it, brand power. You need proof? You play them games without any single patch. NV has ben long since fixed, and almost every Fallout fan likes, or loves it. You need proof? Go around websites, your town and make a statistical data report of people's opinion.

The burden of proof lies on you because you started this thread. All i see is bullsh*t that goes around in circles so much so that it has ben smudged all over this thread with its sole foundation on a poorly made, completely uninformed video.

Practically, this thread has ben nothing more than bait for fans to get mad at.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Lucianu

The kid needs attention. Go easy on him.

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Master_ShakeXXX

Majority > Minority

Lucianu

Gaming is a subjective experience, your personal experience of a game is utmost importance and value to you. If you hold another man's value over your own, then hey, it's my fault you're insecure about yourself. You respect opinions, you do not hold them over your own opinion as some numerical value that is absolute, because at the end of the day, they just be gamers playing games and informing other people on their personal experience, which will differ vastly from one person to another.

'Things' are popular because of marketing and brand power, and relatively a whole slew of influences that we can't comment on because we don't work in any domain of that nature. Anything els beside that are assumptions backed up by nothin.

New Vegas was well recieved (especially on the PC), but criticized because of its sloppy release, a release similar to every single Bethesda title by the way, yet Bethesda games get a pass because, you guessed it, brand power. You need proof? You play them games without any single patch. NV has ben long since fixed, and almost every Fallout fan likes, or loves it. You need proof? Go around websites, your town and make a statistical data report of people's opinion.

The burden of proof lies on you because you started this thread. All i see is bullsh*t that goes around in circles so much so that it has ben smudged all over this thread with its sole foundation on a poorly made, completely uninformed video.

So, you're saying you agree with me?

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Maroxad

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

Ilovegames1992

Elaborate?

Auto aim you couldnt do anything about.
Bullet Sponge enemies
Terrible perk balance, not as bad as Skyrim's though
Being able to get 10 in every attribute AND 100 in every skill without all that much effort
A fair share of attributes being nearly useless.
Overall quest design
Green tint
The gunplay
Super Mutants easily killable as soon as you exit the vault
The best combat skill being... repair
VATS, the implementation of it to be exact

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#215 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14893 Posts

[QUOTE="Kandlegoat"]

Bleh, just a bunch of hipster rubbish. Face it, Fallout received the most praise and awards when it was under Bethesda's care. Obsidian then dropped the ball. All one needs to do is compare the ratings between the two game, both critic and user scores. Fallout 3 is clearly the more beloved game.

Master_ShakeXXX

untitled-129u2uwq.gif

But dont let me stop you from trying to save face through "mainstream reviews".... because you're unable to counter anything I said.

Fallout 3 also had MANY game breaking bugs...it was a buggy mess as well.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

Maroxad

Elaborate?

Bullet Sponge enemies
Being able to get 10 in every attribute AND 100 in every skill without all that much effort
Overall quest design
Green tint
The gunplay

You forgot the inconsistant and silly writing, shallow characters, and broken morality system.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Ilovegames1992

Seriously, where is this Obsidian hate coming from though. One of the better devs out there.

Gamers man, they just too much sometimes.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 texasgoldrush

Seriously, where is this Obsidian hate coming from though. One of the better devs out there.

Ilovegames1992
No, they are inconsistant who releases buggy games and are wild in their quality. Elitists overrate them to bash more established developers. New Vegas is awesome though, by far their best game.
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#219 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

Ilovegames1992

......Obsidian hate?

All I see is Bethesda hate as far as the eye can see. Shakes is the only one hating Obsidian, other than that everyone on System Wars pretty much loves them Obsidian.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#220 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

Master_ShakeXXX

Fallout 3 came first, you have to take that into account. People weren't as excited about fallout when new vegas came out. But eh I can tell you're just kidding around now by your posts on this page.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 texasgoldrush

cain006

Fallout 3 came first, you have to take that into account. People weren't as excited about fallout when new vegas came out. But eh I can tell you're just kidding around now by your posts on this page.

This But one problem with Obsidian is they never come first.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Ilovegames1992

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

texasgoldrush

No, they are inconsistant who releases buggy games and are wild in their quality. Elitists overrate them to bash more established developers. New Vegas is awesome though, by far their best game.

No more buggy than Bethesda games no?

In my own personal view, Obsidian pumped out on of the best RPGs ever under intense pressure and time constraints. Will get a free pass from me :)

Neverwinter Nights was ok, haven't played much of it and i guess Alpha Protocol is bad but it had some good points.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#223 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

texasgoldrush

Read: Obsidian fans hate BioWare and that makes me mad.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#224 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Oh look another guy trying to look cool, being angry, and ranting over something.
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Maroxad

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

Elaborate?

texasgoldrush

Bullet Sponge enemies
Overall quest design
Green tint
The gunplay

You forgot the inconsistant and silly writing, shallow characters, and broken morality system.

While I do agree on what you say. The inconsistant and silly writing and shallow characters are not game design flaws, they are flaws in the awful, awful writing ;)

The broken morality system is however. A game design flaw.

Oh man, if I could list everything wrong with Fallout 3, I could spend all day talking about it.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="Maroxad"]

Bullet Sponge enemies
Overall quest design
Green tint
The gunplay

Maroxad

While I do agree on what you say. The inconsistant and silly writing and shallow characters are not game design flaws, they are flaws in the awful, awful writing ;)

The broken morality system is however. A game design flaw.

Oh man, if I could list everything wrong with Fallout 3, I could spend all day talking about it.

Yeah, you can go from evil to good by donating bottle caps in the church on the ship...its stupid. New Vegas's karma system is also broken, however, other than teh White Glove Society quest, karma is irrelevant in New Vegas.
Gooeykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#227 Gooeykat
Member since 2006 • 3412 Posts
My last three experiences with Obsidian games were actually pretty close being bug free with the exception of Alpha Protocol. Didn't have any issues at all with New Vegas or DS3.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#228 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Who is this loser, Obsidian is the best rpg devs atm.

He says Alpha Protocol was unplayable... mmm I beat it twice in the first month it was out with no crashes or freezes... yes some bugs but nothing big (PC).

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#229 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

He says Alpha Protocol was unplayable... mmm I beat it twice in the first month it was out with no crashes or freezes... yes some bugs but nothing big (PC).

kozzy1234

Doesn't mean he didn't have any crashes/freezes.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 kozzy1234

Another idiot who wants more youtube views, that video was terrible.

KOTOR2, Alpha Protocol and New Vegas are better than 90% of the rpgs that come out these days

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#231 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts
Metal, aviators, long hair, and an angry rant in a bedroom? Must be a virgin.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 texasgoldrush

KOTOR2, Alpha Protocol and New Vegas are better than 90% of the rpgs that come out these days

kozzy1234
Alpha Protocol better than 90% of the RPGs out there? Are you high? KOTOR II also had to be fixed by the fans.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 texasgoldrush

kozzy1234
Its unpayable because the gameplay sucks.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 kozzy1234

I can enjoy some videos or articles on thsi kind of thing but the way this guy talks and acts is just hilarious. Just trying to be 'hip' and cool and get some views, annoying video is annoying.

I have experienced more bugs in Bethesda games to be honest, still have enjoyed there games, same goes for Obsidian except even more so as they make unique stories, characters and the best dialogue in gaming atm.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 texasgoldrush

I can enjoy some videos or articles on thsi kind of thing but the way this guy talks and acts is just hilarious. Just trying to be 'hip' and cool and get some views, annoying video is annoying.

I have experienced more bugs in Bethesda games to be honest, still have enjoyed there games, same goes for Obsidian except even more so as they make unique stories, characters and the best dialogue in gaming atm.

kozzy1234
No, Obsidan does not make unique stories....they make sequels to other peoples IPs other than the terrible Alpha Protocol. Best characters? Bioware has easily passed them by with the Mass Effect crew. At times they deliver great dialogue, Old World Blues, and at times, the dialogue is terrible, once again Alpha Protocol.
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts
[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

texasgoldrush
Alpha Protocol better than 90% of the RPGs out there? Are you high? KOTOR II also had to be fixed by the fans.

honestly it was more fun and choices seemed to impact more than ME does, half your choices get thrown out the window in 3 towards the end. Alpha protocol might have been buggy, but it done RPG better than biowares offerings this gen, its honestly a travesty what sega done to obsidian with that game, 6 months delay and supposidly obsidian couldnt even touch it to fix issues....such a shame.
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

I did not read pretty much any of this thread but just wanted to point out the only time Obsidian can make a halfway decent game is when another development company hands them most of the resources Neverwinter Nights, Kotor, and Fallout. Lets see what happens when they actually have to make a game without the help of another developer Dungeon Siege III and Alpha Protocol. Obsidian is so overrated. I bet once South Park releases it will bomb also.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 texasgoldrush
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

razgriz_101

honestly it was more fun and choices seemed to impact more than ME does, half your choices get thrown out the window in 3 towards the end. Alpha protocol might have been buggy, but it done RPG better than biowares offerings this gen, its honestly a travesty what sega done to obsidian with that game, 6 months delay and supposidly obsidian couldnt even touch it to fix issues....such a shame.

Just because it does RPG better doesn't make it better. The most damning thing I can say about AP is I didn't care about the world, its characters, so my choices didn't matter. And your choices even in the end have major impact in ME3, especially with the extended cut. The Krogan arc an end in many different ways.
Gooeykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#239 Gooeykat
Member since 2006 • 3412 Posts
[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

texasgoldrush
No, Obsidan does not make unique stories....they make sequels to other peoples IPs other than the terrible Alpha Protocol. Best characters? Bioware has easily passed them by with the Mass Effect crew. At times they deliver great dialogue, Old World Blues, and at times, the dialogue is terrible, once again Alpha Protocol.

Well they made New Vegas, which was a sequel to Fallout 3, which in turn was a sequel to Fallout 2...a game developed by many of the guys at Obsidian. So I guess Bethesda also makes sequels to other people's IPs.