Obsidian are liars and hacks - Rageaholic tells us how it is

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

(Video contains swearing) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6KxCSWGRu4

Can't really argue against the master. I mean really how much longer are we going to buy into Obsidian's lies and continue to make up excuses for them? Why can't we just accept the fact that... they suck?

#2 Posted by KarateeeChop (4662 posts) -

came expecting chicks. left disappointed.

#3 Posted by Cheleman (7753 posts) -

Yeah, they're pretty garbage.

#5 Posted by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -

Only you would continually hype garbage and then hate on Obsidian.

#6 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

DarkLink77

Atleast the games I hype are 100% finished. loooooooool

#7 Posted by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

Master_ShakeXXX

And they're still horrible. So what's your excuse for liking sh!tty games, Shake?

This dipsh!t doesn't even know that LucasArts published KoTOR II and was completely responsible for the rushed state of that product, so I see no reason to take his verbal diarrhea masquerading as intellect (5 PC exclusives a year? Really? I expect this forum to make more intelligent statements and that is saying something) seriously.

#8 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8574 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

Master_ShakeXXX

Fallout New Vegas >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everything Mastershake likes.
#9 Posted by Some-Mist (5630 posts) -
lately.. why have you been posting videos of spergs ranting?
#10 Posted by drinkerofjuice (3236 posts) -

It physically hurt hearing that. I want my four minutes back.

Obsidian definitely need to work on making their games properly playable on release, but I believe in New Vegas' case at least, Bethesda restricted their budget and development time, so maybe they're not entirely to blame, though still worth blaming.

I just can't stay mad at them given how fantastic New Vegas is.

#11 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
Coming from someone who likes Nier, this seems hypocritical. Obsidian make fantastic games. They just need better budgets and bug testing teams.
#12 Posted by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -
[QUOTE="Zeviander"]Coming from someone who likes Nier, this seems hypocritical.

You act like you expected him to post something that wasn't stupid.
#13 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
he said alpha protocol was 'unplayable' Completely invalidates everything he said.
#14 Posted by rilpas (8222 posts) -
meh, their games are better then Bioware's or Bethesda imo
#15 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

DarkLink77

And they're still horrible. So what's your excuse for liking sh!tty games, Shake?

This dipsh!t doesn't even know that LucasArts published KoTOR II and was completely responsible for the rushed state of that product, so I see no reason to take his verbal diarrhea masquerading as intellect (5 PC exclusives a year? Really? I expect this forum to make more intelligent statements and that is saying something) seriously.

RE4 is garbage? Vanquish is garbage? Nier, Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, BF3, Arkham City, MGS4, and Crysis are... garbage? B*tch please. All of the games I grant praise are glorious.

#16 Posted by MerisYaki (967 posts) -

All HD games are Sonic 06.

#17 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

Coming from someone who likes Nier, this seems hypocritical. Obsidian make fantastic games. They just need better budgets and bug testing teams.Zeviander

Nier didn't suffer from a mountain of bugs and glitches. It had low prodution values but was technically solid. It actually felt like a finished game.

#18 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
[...] MGS4 [...] garbage? [...]Master_ShakeXXX
Yes.
#19 Posted by toast_burner (22049 posts) -

Obsidian continue to release great games, sure they are glitchy but I'd rather play a great game with some bugs then a piece of crap with no bugs.

#20 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
Nier didn't suffer from a mountain of bugs and glitches. It had low prodution values but was technically solid. It actually felt like a finished game.Master_ShakeXXX
Name an Obsidian game that was released under a lax schedule and suffered from "a mountain of bugs and glitches". All the Obsidian games released that did (and were later fixed) were pushed out by publishers to meet their schedule. Nier had bugs, and it had a lot of stuff that could have benefitted by more polish (it was largely passable, and was.carried forward mainly by the story and characters). The only "incomplete" game Obsidian released was The Sith Lords. And everyone and their grandmother knows why.
#21 Posted by rilpas (8222 posts) -

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]Nier didn't suffer from a mountain of bugs and glitches. It had low prodution values but was technically solid. It actually felt like a finished game.Zeviander
Name an Obsidian game that was released under a lax schedule and suffered from "a mountain of bugs and glitches". All the Obsidian games released that did (and were later fixed) were pushed out by publishers to meet their schedule. Nier had bugs, and it had a lot of stuff that could have benefitted by more polish (it was largely passable, and was.carried forward mainly by the story and characters). The only "incomplete" game Obsidian released was The Sith Lords. And everyone and their grandmother knows why.

I don't remember coming across bugs in NWN 2 or the expansion pack.

so really, as long as they have the time to work out the kinks, they can release a mostly bug free game

#22 Posted by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

Master_ShakeXXX

RE4 is garbage? Vanquish is garbage? Nier, Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, BF3, Arkham City, MGS4, and Crysis are... garbage? B*tch please. All of the games I grant praise are glorious.

Italicized games are mediocre.

Other two are indeed garbage, yes.

The other ones are you cherry-picking to hide your terrible f*cking taste.

#23 Posted by JangoWuzHere (16807 posts) -

The only bad game Obsidian made was Dungeon Siege 3. Everything else they have made I would consider to be a quality product.

#24 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]Nier didn't suffer from a mountain of bugs and glitches. It had low prodution values but was technically solid. It actually felt like a finished game.Zeviander

This gen? All of them.

By modders, not by Obsidian. And just because the games were eventually fixed doesn't make the game's original state anymore acceptable.

Scapegoating. This is exactly what the video in my OP was poking fun at.

I didn't encounter a single major bug. The only noteworthy technical problem with that game, that I can recall, is framerate dips.

#25 Posted by crimsonman1245 (4253 posts) -

The only bad game Obsidian made was Dungeon Siege 3. Everything else they have made I would consider to be a quality product.

JangoWuzHere

I liked Dungeon Siege 3, not amazing or anything but its worth playing.

#26 Posted by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -

[QUOTE="Zeviander"][QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]Nier didn't suffer from a mountain of bugs and glitches. It had low prodution values but was technically solid. It actually felt like a finished game.Master_ShakeXXX

This gen? All of them.

By modders, not by Obsidian. And just because the games were eventually fixed doesn't make the game's original state anymore acceptable.

Scapegoating. This is exactly what the video in my OP was poking fun at.

I didn't encounter a single major bug. The only noteworthy technical problem with that game, that I can recall, is framerate dips.

You relaize they had less than two years to make New Vegas , right? Same with Dungeon Siege? That's called being rushed, you pleb.

#27 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

DarkLink77

You played Nier?

#28 Posted by rilpas (8222 posts) -

[QUOTE="Zeviander"][QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]Nier didn't suffer from a mountain of bugs and glitches. It had low prodution values but was technically solid. It actually felt like a finished game.Master_ShakeXXX

This gen? All of them.

Neverwinter Nights 2 no mention of Bugs

Neverwinter Nights 2: MOTB "Aside from those issues and a few small bugs, Mask of the Betrayer is a fairly polished game" but even then it wasn't enough to warrant a place in "The bad" line

#29 Posted by Boddicker (2881 posts) -

They made the best RPG on consoles this gen (New Vegas), so I can forgive them.

#31 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (7842 posts) -
Considering NV is the best RPG this gen I would say no.
#32 Posted by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

Master_ShakeXXX

You played Nier?

You like it. That's more than enough reason to stay as far away from it as humanly possible.
#33 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

TC deserves worse than death for giving that douche views. Guy is an idiot, self important console tard, who gives a crap what he thinks?

Jeebus he looks like he stepped right out 1999 too. Lol.

Kinthalis

His favorite games are PC exclusives so, no.

#34 Posted by Kandlegoat (3147 posts) -

Awww some J!zzbag that praised Kingdoms of Amalur is criticizing Godsidian? how cute

#35 Posted by Some-Mist (5630 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

Master_ShakeXXX

Demon's Souls

you definitely weren't one of the original GSers hyping it. If anything, you were a band wagoner at best (after it was announced as a localization).

you definitely weren't part of the great bioshockownz battles.
#36 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

DarkLink77

You played Nier?

You like it. That's more than enough reason to stay as far away from it as humanly possible.

So you haven't played it. Missing out on the best game of the gen and one of the greatest stories ever told in gaming because it received mixed reviews. Might I remind you that Spec Ops recieved mixed reviews as well. Maybe I will play Spec Ops and start praising that so you hate it, muwahahaha

#37 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
I enjoyed what I played of Dungeon Siege III. Was a completely average game with fun co-op.
#38 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

Some-Mist

Demon's Souls

you definitely weren't one of the original GSers hyping it. If anything, you were a band wagoner at best (after it was announced as a localization).

What in the hell does any of that sh*t you just puked up have to do with anything?

#39 Posted by BPoole96 (22803 posts) -

I had to stop watching when he said that PC only gets 5 exclusives a year.

#40 Posted by Jankarcop (9964 posts) -

5 exclusivse a year.

look at gaming websites that show it has more than all 3 consoles combined every year this gen.

.....what?

#41 Posted by freedomfreak (41496 posts) -
Obsidian's buggy games are overblown. Sure, they might be at launch, but they do their very best to patch them up. I've ran into 1 glitch in NV, and it was a minor one.
#44 Posted by Some-Mist (5630 posts) -

[QUOTE="Some-Mist"][QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]Demon's SoulsMaster_ShakeXXX

What in the hell does any of that sh*t you just puked up have to do with anything?

you hype garbage that doesn't score well and hasn't won anything, and you list your shi* games along with games that have actually done well on here.
#45 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

Awww some J!zzbag that praised Kingdoms of Amalur is criticizing Godsidian? how cute

Kandlegoat

When did I praise KoA? I hate that game. I said I was looking forward to it a few times before release but I was hardly hyping it. The only game I've ever truly put a lot of effort into hyping on here was Vanquish. I don't really get excited for games anymore unless it looks like something completely new and different.

And no, I was not hyping Sniper Elite V2. That was trolling. There's a difference.

#46 Posted by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

You played Nier?

Master_ShakeXXX

So you haven't played it. Missing out on the best game of the gen and one of the greatest stories ever told in gaming because it received mixed reviews. Might I remind you that Spec Ops recieved mixed reviews as well. Maybe I will play Spec Ops and start praising that so you hate it, muwahahaha

I liked Spec Ops before you did, so that saves it. And the more praise you heap on Nier, the more I want nothing to do with it. the best way to sell me on that game would be making a thread publicly denouncing it.
#47 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

[QUOTE="Some-Mist"]you definitely weren't one of the original GSers hyping it. If anything, you were a band wagoner at best (after it was announced as a localization).

you definitely weren't part of the great bioshockownz battles.Some-Mist

you hype garbage that doesn't score well and hasn't won anything, and you list your shi* games along with games that have actually done well on here.

You're such a shallow hal. God forbid I praise anything that doesn't win truckloads of awards and scores 9s and 10s across the board.

#48 Posted by Chozofication (3113 posts) -

I don't remember any bugs playing Nier and I played it quite thoroughly.

#49 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
I don't really get excited for games anymore unless it looks like something completely new and different.Master_ShakeXXX
So you finally realized that cynicism (or at the very least, mild pessimism) and critical analysis are better than euphoric excitation and hyperbole? Good. About time. And I recall you got pretty excited overt KoA, until the repetitive nature of the game kicked in.
#50 Posted by Some-Mist (5630 posts) -
[

You're such a shallow hal. God forbid I praise anything that doesn't win truckloads of awards and scores 9s and 10s across the board.

Master_ShakeXXX
It wouldn't be anything if you didn't hype the same crap games for 7 threads each, and now it doesn't help you keep posting vids of ranting spergs to support your arguments.
I don't play my games according to scores, but when we're playing by system wars rules you better believe I hype what counts instead of your trash.
[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]I don't really get excited for games anymore unless it looks like something completely new and different.Zeviander
So you finally realized that cynicism (or at the very least, mild pessimism) and critical analysis are better than euphoric excitation and hyperbole? Good. About time. And I recall you got pretty excited overt KoA, until the repetitive nature of the game kicked in.

yes. he was hyping - yet again - another crap game until he probably realized that it didn't catch on. He'll probably call it "trolling" through.