Oblivion running on CryEngine 2!

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ajames_123 (2983 posts) -

Not sure if this been posted but

http://n4g.com/gaming/News-134626.aspx

kinda cool

#2 Posted by Kirlok (2061 posts) -
the video wont load
#3 Posted by linkin_guy109 (8864 posts) -

the video wont loadKirlok

ditto, i searched it up, 2 dead links and a third that closed my internet for some reason

#4 Posted by JakeTD21 (1631 posts) -
Ok it works now, just follow the link to gametrailers.
#5 Posted by cobrax75 (8389 posts) -

video is right here.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/202645.html

#6 Posted by Kirlok (2061 posts) -

[QUOTE="Kirlok"]the video wont loadlinkin_guy109

ditto, i searched it up, 2 dead links and a third that closed my internet for some reason

same, good thing im using fire fox

#7 Posted by Cedmln (8802 posts) -
There was absolutely NOTHING worth seeing in that video. :?
#8 Posted by USSJAndrew (5042 posts) -

OMG!!! The player won't run :x

Looks like I'll just have to download the hi res version

I can't wait to see this!!!

#9 Posted by ajames_123 (2983 posts) -

Hmm it worked for me. Its a N4G link. The zip version is a high res version which i downloaded and it contained no virus. Il try get another link for you guys.

****UPDATE*** Use this link works fine...

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/202645.html

#10 Posted by Oscar-Wilde (1675 posts) -
Mmm. CryEngine 2 makes oblivion's blandness even more apparent.
#11 Posted by penguino726 (322 posts) -
hmm I'm not sure I see the significants of this?:? This is important, why?
#12 Posted by _en1gma_ (14934 posts) -
Looks kinda bad...
#13 Posted by Waffle_Fish (2074 posts) -
I cant tell the differenece
#14 Posted by MickeyTheNinja (3824 posts) -
Boring, no characters models anywhere.
#15 Posted by Franko_3 (5728 posts) -

the video quality is so bad that you can't even see the difference. Anyway, I hope Bethesda are not considering making a remake of oblivion with the cryengine 2...

#16 Posted by NWA_31 (11923 posts) -
Is there supposed to be some differences, because it looks pretty much the same... :P
#17 Posted by paullywog (14149 posts) -
only things that look different are trees and fire to me.
#18 Posted by Ninja-Hippo (23433 posts) -
Anyone else think it looked notably worse? :? Dont get me wrong, Crysis is incredible, but looked pretty poor. The awesome texture-work of Oblivion seemed to be diluted by soft, shiny, matte surfaces. Also, since when was Cyrodiil a tropical paradise full of aqua-blue waters and lush, thick greenery? I remember it as rolling mountains, green fields, woodland and forests. I know it's been said before, but is the CryEngine seriously just a jungle-island simulator?
#19 Posted by Daytona_178 (14962 posts) -

LOL, its the Hovis them music ^^

It was worth watching just for that.

#20 Posted by Ninja-Hippo (23433 posts) -

the video quality is so bad that you can't even see the difference. Anyway, I hope Bethesda are not considering making a remake of oblivion with the cryengine 2...

Franko_3

No way. They've soaked up the majority of the sales they're going to get from oblivion. Remaking the whole thing with better graphics when it's only been out a couple of years would achieve nothing.

#21 Posted by l-_-l (6718 posts) -
Here is the direct link to the video.
#22 Posted by MagnuzGuerra (1037 posts) -
I think it looks worse. Everything is so green and white... Oblivion had more colors and life than that.
#23 Posted by PullTheTricker (4749 posts) -

Original textures still look good.

#24 Posted by l-_-l (6718 posts) -
Anyone else think it looked notably worse? :? Dont get me wrong, Crysis is incredible, but looked pretty poor. The awesome texture-work of Oblivion seemed to be diluted by soft, shiny, matte surfaces. Also, since when was Cyrodiil a tropical paradise full of aqua-blue waters and lush, thick greenery? I remember it as rolling mountains, green fields, woodland and forests. I know it's been said before, but is the CryEngine seriously just a jungle-island simulator?Ninja-Hippo
What kind of mind altering substances are you on that has you thinking so.........................silly.
#25 Posted by KungfuKitten (21404 posts) -
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]Anyone else think it looked notably worse? :? Dont get me wrong, Crysis is incredible, but looked pretty poor. The awesome texture-work of Oblivion seemed to be diluted by soft, shiny, matte surfaces. Also, since when was Cyrodiil a tropical paradise full of aqua-blue waters and lush, thick greenery? I remember it as rolling mountains, green fields, woodland and forests. I know it's been said before, but is the CryEngine seriously just a jungle-island simulator?l-_-l
What kind of mind altering substances are you on that has you thinking so.........................silly.

I want it tooo :oops:
#26 Posted by PullTheTricker (4749 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]Anyone else think it looked notably worse? :? Dont get me wrong, Crysis is incredible, but looked pretty poor. The awesome texture-work of Oblivion seemed to be diluted by soft, shiny, matte surfaces. Also, since when was Cyrodiil a tropical paradise full of aqua-blue waters and lush, thick greenery? I remember it as rolling mountains, green fields, woodland and forests. I know it's been said before, but is the CryEngine seriously just a jungle-island simulator?l-_-l

No, he is absolutely correct. Not that it doesn't look good. But the original textures fit the game better. (duh!)

#27 Posted by cobrax75 (8389 posts) -

Anyone else think it looked notably worse? :? Dont get me wrong, Crysis is incredible, but looked pretty poor. The awesome texture-work of Oblivion seemed to be diluted by soft, shiny, matte surfaces. Also, since when was Cyrodiil a tropical paradise full of aqua-blue waters and lush, thick greenery? I remember it as rolling mountains, green fields, woodland and forests. I know it's been said before, but is the CryEngine seriously just a jungle-island simulator?Ninja-Hippo

The Engine has Urban enviroments that are way beyond what has been done in any other game before.

#28 Posted by ice144 (3350 posts) -

Wow, I dont remember oblivion looking THAT bland-looking.

Not saying the graphics suck, but the cryengine really shows just how many reused textures they had for such a boring, bland game.

#29 Posted by vash47 (2171 posts) -

Not saying the graphics suck, but the cryengine really shows just how many reused textures they had for such a boring, bland game.

ice144

I los faith in humanity with posts like yours :roll:

#30 Posted by cobrax75 (8389 posts) -

ice144

you realize thats all a mod right as in somebody made that just for the hell of it....

In reality, Crysis has way more textures than Oblivion...and Im not making this up since I have looked in the game editors of both games....crysis has like 100 different types of grass alone.

#31 Posted by ice144 (3350 posts) -
[QUOTE="ice144"]

vash47

How, exactly? Because I found oblivion, the game i hyped for months relentlessly, to be the most boring game I've ever played?

I could list reasons till forever, but dont get me started...

#32 Posted by RobbieH1234 (7464 posts) -
Not even CryEngine 2 could make Oblivion less depressing.
#33 Posted by ice144 (3350 posts) -
[QUOTE="ice144"]

cobrax75

you realize thats all a mod right as in somebody made that just for the hell of it....

In reality, Crysis has way more textures than Oblivion...and Im not making this up since I have looked in the game editors of both games....crysis has like 100 different types of grass alone.

Ofc i know it's a mod :P

#34 Posted by Hewkii (26339 posts) -
maybe it was the water that I didn't like about Crysis. either way, it doesn't seem to fit the game.
#35 Posted by Ninja-Hippo (23433 posts) -

Unfortunate typo; it should have said "that". So obviously "crysis is incredible, but THAT looked pretty poor." My bad. :P

#36 Posted by rolo107 (5470 posts) -

Someone didn't see the teacup tech demo....

#37 Posted by mo0ksi (12337 posts) -
It's too damn blurry to see a difference.
#38 Posted by aroxx_ab (10777 posts) -
I waited for some improvements but this looks like crap.
#39 Posted by bignice12 (2124 posts) -
It's too damn blurry to see a difference.mo0ksi
[QUOTE="ice144"]

vash47

same

edit: Also the gametrailers video was blurry so you really cant make a judgement off that. This was also user created content so it is limited to how good the artist of the map was.

#40 Posted by DuDisNow (2741 posts) -
There was absolutely NOTHING worth seeing in that video. :?Cedmln
Ecxept that it does look better, but the colors are too bright.
#41 Posted by ragdollsrock012 (396 posts) -
I saw the video, pretty cool.
#42 Posted by FrozenLiquid (12824 posts) -
Looks quite bland actually. Guess it's the mod's fault for not having a creative bone or something, but the original Oblivion looks aesthetically better. When you add the Oblivion mod scene, it blows this one out of the water. And lol at the Oblivion hate train. Some of you guys are trying to sound a bit too hardcore for your own good.
#43 Posted by Always-Honest (11261 posts) -
video is so compressed that it could be a ds game
#44 Posted by II-FBIsniper-II (18067 posts) -
I'm not sure if its the quality, but that looks horrible. :o:x
#45 Posted by Vandalvideo (39656 posts) -
Meh, I just realized how bland the vanilla sky looks without true sky mods. Everything looks so....empty and vacant.
#46 Posted by vash47 (2171 posts) -
[QUOTE="vash47"][QUOTE="ice144"]

ice144

How, exactly? Because I found oblivion, the game i hyped for months relentlessly, to be the most boring game I've ever played?

I could list reasons till forever, but dont get me started...

I thought you were talking about Crysis, my bad.

#47 Posted by foxhound_fox (90815 posts) -
Still wouldn't make the game fun. I find it funny how gaming sites praise Fallout 3 for looking so good when it looks extremely dated compared to games like Crysis. Heck, it looks bad compared to Oblivion.
#48 Posted by Vandalvideo (39656 posts) -
Still wouldn't make the game fun. I find it funny how gaming sites praise Fallout 3 for looking so good when it looks extremely dated compared to games like Crysis. Heck, it looks bad compared to Oblivion.foxhound_fox
Dude you're crazy. 200 endings man. In latest news, one of the heads behind Fallout 3 was quoted as saying, "Story isn't anywhere near as important as gameplay". *Throws a shoe at Emile* ITS AN RPG.
#49 Posted by Technoweirdo (7332 posts) -

Choppy framerates hurt my eyes as bad as overuse of bloom. >.>

The Imperial City wasn't exactly the best place to showcase, as it was the most bland of all cities. Then again, most places were pretty bland to begin with, so using a familiar place makes a bit of sense. I've never played The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion on high, but I'm kind of disappointed at how it looks. Could've also shown off a couple of models and animations to keep it from being a five minute video of only scenery.

#50 Posted by foxhound_fox (90815 posts) -
Dude you're crazy. 200 endings man. In latest news, one of the heads behind Fallout 3 was quoted as saying, "Story isn't anywhere near as important as gameplay". *Throws a shoe at Emile* ITS AN RPG.Vandalvideo

Actually, I think most previews for the game have been quoted to say that it is a shooter. Bethesda just wants us to believe it is a RPG. When the variable position "kill cam" has been integrated, it has become a shooter.