Obduction, new Unreal Engine 4 PC game by Myst devs

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11799 Posts

The Myst team Cyan is back with an all new game on kickstarter

Obduction will be built with the same framework that made Cyan's earlier games such a wonderful experience: stunning landscapes, deep storyline, engaging characters, dramatic soundscapes, and challenging yet intuitive puzzles. Obduction is an entirely new property, delivered using one of the most powerful game development technologies available today. Obduction is an adventure game for the new millennium that stays true to the concepts that made the genre great.

At the base funding level, Obduction will be developed for both Windows and MacOS, with a targeted release of mid-to-late 2015.

The game is being designed with a flexible scope in mind, so that as the budget grows, the game grows. More places; more puzzles; more mystery; more complexity; more adventure!

Obduction's experience supplies what every good storyteller does: a very personal window into a much larger world. Obduction begins with... well… an abduction - your abduction. On a crystal clear, moon-lit night, a curious, organic artifact drops from the sky and inexplicably whisks you away across the universes to who-knows-where (or when, or why).

And, as anyone who ever played

Myst

or

Riven

knows, exploring

everything

around you allows you to read between the lines and to begin to answer your questions. Why is there an old, abandoned farmhouse -

complete

with white picket fence - in the middle of an alien landscape? You'll find out. From this point on the story becomes

your story

nishanth12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 nishanth12
Member since 2008 • 679 Posts

Lately, the reviews that these big kickstarter games are getting are very poor. I used to support these kickstarter events, but it's really troubling when you look at the reviews afterwards.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3  Edited By Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14496 Posts

On a conceptual level, this game is everything I could hope for. Myst, as far as I'm concerned, is one of the 10 most important games of all time and Obduction appears to be nothing short of a more realized iteration of their original vision.

But I won't support Kickstarter games. I have a conflict in principle with developers who use it to get their games off the ground. I hope it succeeds and I will buy the sh*t out of it, but I'm not pledging money to developers who think they can be business men and bypass legitimate funding enterprises.

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

I'm all for a new adventure games, but I tend to have very little faith that these kickstarter projects will actually make it off the ground.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

They have made it 1/3 of the goal already :D

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

Sounds like it could be a great game,they sure have no lack of pedigree at least.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#7 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Interesting! I loved Myst and Riven, back in the time.