nvidia shield 3d game announced: gearbox brings us to the border..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

..lands

borderlands 2 has joined the lineup of games coming to the nvidia shield

http://www.hardocp.com/news/2013/02/05/project_shield_borderlands_2_demo

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#2 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
THERE'S A PERFECTLY GOOD KEYBOARD RIGHT THERE
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

I thought this meant they were porting it to Tegra 4. Nearly anything is possible with Shield streaming.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

I thought this meant they were porting it to Tegra 4. Nearly anything is possible with Shield streaming.

ChubbyGuy40

This.

Another useless thread from ionusX.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

Pointless when they have big screen right next to it. Plus such a wasted opportunity. They should have asked Gearbox for few tweaks and then just do local co-op, with one person playing on PC and the other on Shield. That would actually be quite awesome.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts
Crap. I rather use a Nexus 10 + Xbox 360 controller.
Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts
Why would I use this over my desktop? No Thanks Nvidia
Mr_BillGates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Mr_BillGates
Member since 2005 • 3211 Posts

PC hardware makers are desperately trying to survive in Post-PC era.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#9 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
still no reason buy this thing... Now if they connect from free 4g net work to it where i can use my pc anywhere i may be more interested but of course that wouldn't happen.
ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

Mr_BillGates

this

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AdrianWerner

[QUOTE="Mr_BillGates"]

ZombieKiller7

this

NVidia's enthusiasts GPU sales are growing. It's console sales that are collapsing, but keep deluding yourself more,.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

[QUOTE="Mr_BillGates"]

AdrianWerner

this

NVidia's enthusiasts GPU sales are growing. It's console sales that are collapsing, but keep deluding yourself more,.

yet consoles this gen have sold as well if not more than last gen considering 2 have sold 70mil and 1 has sold 99 million...compared to last gen thats actuall an increase in amount of consoles sold.....

Heres some simple math.

Last gen: 

PS2:153 million

Xbox:24 million

Cube:22 million

Total :200 million units sold

Current gen:

360:76 million

PS3:70

Wii:99

Total:245 million

Im sorry but does this not indicate growth of the potential console market,? console sales year on year fall much like they did last gen as essentially like any other market they hit a saturation point, hermits cried the same thing last gen as well. you also fail to take into account not all enthusiast GPU's end up in gaming rigs either considering they make rendering and various other tasks in some programs much quicker to do aswell considering they have more horsepower.

inb4 you pull out the chart which is hypocritical considering the amount of hermits on here who cry foul of facebook and casual gaming since its not real gaming either, and my sources are drawn from various articles across the net from the likes of gamespot.

Just thought i'd point out that console wise we've seen an overall jump of 45mil in unit sold, which does indicate solid growth.If consoles were such a failure and a market thats dying why arent the big 3 jumping ship oh wait the experience is evolving.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

Da fawk? They got a small form factor PC right there why use the handheld?

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

this

razgriz_101

yet consoles this gen have sold as well if not more than last gen considering 2 have sold 70mil and 1 has sold 99 million...compared to last gen thats actuall an increase in amount of consoles sold.....

Heres some simple math.

Last gen: 

Current gen:

Im sorry but does this not indicate growth of the potential console market,? console sales year on year fall much like they did last gen as essentially like any other market they hit a saturation point, hermits cried the same thing last gen as well. you also fail to take into account not all enthusiast GPU's end up in gaming rigs either considering they make rendering and various other tasks in some programs much quicker to do aswell considering they have more horsepower.

inb4 you pull out the chart which is hypocritical considering the amount of hermits on here who cry foul of facebook and casual gaming since its not real gaming either, and my sources are drawn from various articles across the net from the likes of gamespot.

Just thought i'd point out that console wise we've seen an overall jump of 45mil in unit sold, which does indicate solid growth.If consoles were such a failure and a market thats dying why arent the big 3 jumping ship oh wait the experience is evolving.

one thing I'd like to point out was this gen lasted longer than previous gens

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#15 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

[QUOTE="Mr_BillGates"]

ZombieKiller7

this

What are you talking about? We're heading straight for the PC era.
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]NVidia's enthusiasts GPU sales are growing. It's console sales that are collapsing, but keep deluding yourself more,.

NoodleFighter

Heres some simple math.

Last gen: 

Current gen:

one thing I'd like to point out was this gen lasted longer than previous gens

negative, PS2 lifespan was 13 years.Just like to point that out.

RageQuit4Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RageQuit4Life
Member since 2010 • 527 Posts

If nVidia able to make a standalone SHEILD then they could have my money, streaming SHEILD? No thanks. I would rather to play with a bigger screen than this crappy gimmick controller with a small screen. This is dumb.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

AdrianWerner

I'm not seeing it.

I think PC gaming is cool, but basically it's a niche hobby, I don't see people flocking to it as a mass market.

Not now or any time in the future.

It'll still be around for a long, long time but I wouldn't want to place any bets on the life expectancy of Nvidia.

If anything I would invest in Ati, cuz you know they're gonna be around in the future and games are gonna be optimized on Ati chipsets for consoles, so when they get ported I bet you most games will run better on an Ati card.

o0squishy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 o0squishy0o
Member since 2007 • 2802 Posts

So this is basically advertising a local streaming service? well what is the point of playing your game on a small screen when its being played on the computer anyway. I don't see the point of this video. Its a huge waste of a power and its basically advertising from what I can see, playing WiiU games on your tablet = Project Shield but with a computer that uses vastly larger amounts of power.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
While it looks cool, Nvidia are having trouble getting people on board with Terga and those thumbstick positions! God damn!
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

While it looks cool, Nvidia are having trouble getting people on board with Terga and those thumbstick positions! God damn!clyde46

At least they got them in the right place. Wouldn't mind them being spaced a bit further apart though.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
I for one would just like a streaming box with that tech, even if the portable aspect is cool novelty. Playing PC games on a large TV with big picture is pretty damn fantastic - and in many ways better then my actual consoles - so I'm really interested to see what it would be like with handheld formfactor. That being said, if you can afford it, you'll have your own PC already - so what's the point of having it portable around a house?
MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

[QUOTE="Mr_BillGates"]

ZombieKiller7

this

ZombieKiller7 & Mr_BillGates = FAIL

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts

[QUOTE="clyde46"]While it looks cool, Nvidia are having trouble getting people on board with Terga and those thumbstick positions! God damn!ChubbyGuy40

At least they got them in the right place. Wouldn't mind them being spaced a bit further apart though.

He was saying they got them in the wrong place and I agree
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

[QUOTE="Mr_BillGates"]

AdrianWerner

this

Is that a lack of long-term demand, or just a temporary saturation due to the extended lifespan of the current consoles?
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AdrianWerner

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

this

lowe0

Is that a lack of long-term demand, or just a temporary saturation due to the extended lifespan of the current consoles?

Propably both. I expect next-gen to do well, but it won't reach the numbers this one had

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AdrianWerner

I think PC gaming is cool, but basically it's a niche hobby, I don't see people flocking to it as a mass market.

ZombieKiller7

There's no such thing as mass market console. They are all niche devices.