Nvidia "PS4's tech oudated, even today"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
[QUOTE="tormentos"]Nvidia ""the PS4 has under power hardware"" What most people on steam play on including several Hermit from this site.. http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/549?vs=547 560Ti http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/549?vs=541 Closely fallow by 550Ti which is even further..:lol:

It didn't take long before you started to bang on about the Steam survey.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
Member since 2013 • 2504 Posts
[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="princeofshapeir"] It doesn't take a genius to realize Nvidia markets the Titan to enthusiast gamers that have the money to pay for a $1000 GPU, just like they market the 650ti to budget gamers. You belittling Nvidia for daring to appeal to a broad range of PC gamers displays your ignorance.

Where do you see me belittle Nvidia? If anything, Nvidia is belittling gamers that want actual 8 GB of GDDR5 RAM and not that measly 512 or 1024 crap.

No PC gamer wants 8GB of DDR5 RAM that's shared between the GPU and system processes.

of course they do, having a unified memory address is millions times faster then having the data travel through slow PCI E
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#153 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts

Nvidia is being dumb.

Let's see a devleoper REQUIRE a GTX 690 or Titan to run their game.

If devs all of a sudden start requiring 2013 high-end GPUs as the base requirement for their game, then the PS4 is outdated. However that won't happen.

Wasdie
Battlefield 4 running on max might be the closest thing anytime soon..
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
[QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"][QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"] In some cases sure, but when you have the resources ready like 8gb GDDR5, a faster latency means unified>dedicated.

Speed of RAM isn't going to help with a low end CPU/midrange GPU.

:lol:

Did I rustle your Jimmies Cow?
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="Rage010101"]

I would probably find your post funny if it made sense and had better English

Rage010101

He's probably speaking better english as a native spanish person than you could speak spanish as a native english/american person.

Yo puedo hablar espanol mejor de lo que el habla ingles.  "I can speak Spanish better than he can speak English.

Guess you totally didn't see the fact that I'm hispanic and can speak/write both English and Spanish fluently.  :lol:

""Español"" Idiot...:lol:
DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 DrTrafalgarLaw
Member since 2011 • 4487 Posts
[QUOTE="Rage010101"]

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] He's probably speaking better english as a native spanish person than you could speak spanish as a native english/american person.tormentos

Yo puedo hablar espanol mejor de lo que el habla ingles.  "I can speak Spanish better than he can speak English.

Guess you totally didn't see the fact that I'm hispanic and can speak/write both English and Spanish fluently.  :lol:

""Español"" Idiot...:lol:

I'm not even spanish and only took a three-year course...but even THAT was offensive to me.
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 tormentos
lol pobre tormetos,he's such a joke :cool:Tessellation
Tormentos te tiene de hijo..:lol:
Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

[QUOTE="Rage010101"]

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] He's probably speaking better english as a native spanish person than you could speak spanish as a native english/american person.DrTrafalgarLaw

That's why you forgot the ñ in español ? :lol:

Or the é in inglés? :lol:

Doesnt change the fact that my Spanish is both coherent and understandble, hell fluent even compared to his English which is incoherent and at times extremely broken.  No where near fluent level of English.  So with that said, you were wrong.  Now eat your words son.

maddogmark25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#159 maddogmark25
Member since 2003 • 3632 Posts
The cows in this thread are really making themselves look even more clueless than they really are...reread the articles regarding this whole thing over the past week, Nvidia wasn't "denied" anything; they were in negotiations with Sony, saw what Sony's price terms, and basically decided they didn't want and need any of Sony's BS. AMD took a financial deal with both Sony and Microsoft that may or may not be damaging financially in the long term. Nvidia is in a MUCH better position financially than AMD. AMD needed PS4 a lot more than Nvidia did, and AMD was willing to submit to Sony's negotiating.
Chrome-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#160 Chrome-
Member since 2009 • 1744 Posts
[QUOTE="Chrome-"]lol buthurt clyde46
I was going to inb4 butthurt comments but I got beaten.

lol I leave this thread for 20 minutes and then boom 8 pages.
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#161 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
[QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"][QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] Where do you see me belittle Nvidia? If anything, Nvidia is belittling gamers that want actual 8 GB of GDDR5 RAM and not that measly 512 or 1024 crap.

No PC gamer wants 8GB of DDR5 RAM that's shared between the GPU and system processes.

yep they would rather have the memory work for unified spyware and other non-gaming related programs.

Or they would rather have separate pools of RAM reserved for different tasks... Because, you know, a PC isn't just about gaming.
nextgenjoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 nextgenjoke
Member since 2013 • 1676 Posts

cheapest 680 gtx i seen on newegg was 459$

cheapest 7970 on newegg i seen was 384$

Now lets compare performance.

That son is a little overpriced.

http://www.techspot.com/review/603-best-graphics-cards/page5.html

Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Mrmedia01
Member since 2007 • 1917 Posts

Cry Bay Nvidia mad because they lost out on millions and millions of dollars from this deal. Butt Hurt.

NEXT TIME QUOTE LOWER!!!

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

Okama gamesphere - It's got 8GB GDDR5 Don't know what it is but it sounds awesome.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Cry Bay Nvidia mad because they lost out on millions and millions of dollars from this deal. Butt Hurt.

NEXT TIME QUOTE LOWER!!!

Mrmedia01

I think they're doing okay

Avatar image for Sir-I_exCalibur
Sir-I_exCalibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Sir-I_exCalibur
Member since 2013 • 724 Posts

Okama gamesphere - It's got 8GB GDDR5 Don't know what it is but it sounds awesome.

NoodleFighter
tumblr_mik1jkSZ761qftu09o3_250.gif
Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts
[QUOTE="Tessellation"] lol pobre tormetos,he's such a joke :cool:tormentos
Tormentos te tiene de hijo..:lol:

i don't run away from the thread when someone asks me for facts :cool: a llorar :cool:
andmcq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 andmcq
Member since 2012 • 259 Posts

intel **** is too overpriced and nvidia stuff is too sometimes also.

nextgenjoke

That's because it's the best stuff. AMD CPUs don't operate in the same league as high end Intel CPUs. Current AMD GPUs and the drivers are second rate at best most of the time, being too loud, too hot and too buggy.

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 DrTrafalgarLaw

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"]

[QUOTE="Rage010101"]

Rage010101

Doesnt change the fact that my Spanish is both coherent and understandble, hell fluent even compared to his English which is incoherent and at times extremely broken.  No where near fluent level of English.  So with that said, you were wrong.  Now eat your words son.

I'm sorry, what does espanol mean? Is that some kind of cauliflower and you are better at it then some pringles? Did you mean español and inglés?
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 tormentos
[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] I'm not even spanish and only took a three-year course...but even THAT was offensive to me.

I ignore them most people who attack my writing skill is because the can't beat my arguments,he is a soul less troll let him be..
Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Rage010101

[QUOTE="Rage010101"]

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] That's why you forgot the ñ in español ? :lol:

DrTrafalgarLaw

I'm sorry, what does espanol mean? Is that some kind of cauliflower and you are better at it then some pringles? Did you mean español and inglés?

Nice to know you're dodging and ducking

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

[QUOTE="Mrmedia01"]

NEXT TIME QUOTE LOWER!!!

lostrib

A lot better than AMD who would basically be dead if they hadn't bought ATI

They had to sell one of their HQs for $164 million

meanwhile at Nvidia their profits go up even though PC sales profit declined a bit for Intel and AMD

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/gaming/consoles/nvidia-compares-ps4-specs-to-a-low-end-cpu-1138051

"Compared to gaming PCs, the PS4 specs are in the neighborhood of a low-end CPU, and a low- to mid-range GPU side," said Nvidia's Tony Tamasi to TechRadar.

As Nvidia's senior vice president of content and development, he sees the PS4's specs as outdated, even today.

"If the PS4 ships in December as Sony indicated, it will only offer about half the performance of a GTX680 GPU (based on GFLOPS and texture), which launched in March 2012, more than a year and a half ago."

Pretty much what most of us intellectuals already knew. Unfortunately, the ps4 is not made out of magic and rainbows.

DISCUSS

Rage010101

2013_core_sizes_768_zps1cc7b35d.jpg

http://www.overclock.net/t/1364086/sweclockers-amd-temash-apu-a6-1450-in-cinebench-r11-5

LL

NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 NEWMAHAY
Member since 2012 • 3824 Posts
nvidia is going to hype up their 1000 dollar consoles
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 lostrib

[QUOTE="nextgenjoke"]

intel **** is too overpriced and nvidia stuff is too sometimes also.

andmcq

That's because it's the best stuff. AMD CPUs don't operate in the same league as high end Intel CPUs. Current AMD GPUs and the drivers are second rate at best most of the time, being too loud, too hot and too buggy.

The heat and noise are all due to the design by each GPU manufacturer. AMD drivers actually increased performance quite a bit to where a 7970 ghz probably equals or tops a GTX 680

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Mrmedia01"]

NEXT TIME QUOTE LOWER!!!

NoodleFighter

A lot better than AMD who would basically be dead if they hadn't bought ATI

They had to sell one of their HQs for $164 million

meanwhile at Nvidia their profits go up even though PC sales profit declined a bit for Intel and AMD

Well nvidia is also in mobile market with their Tegra 3 (soon to be 4) chips

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 DrTrafalgarLaw

Rage010101

Nice to know you're dodging and ducking

You say your spanish is more understandable than his english, yet in a single sentence...I could not recognize two major words. Typing on a forum has nothing to do with being able to SPEAK a language fluently. Your turn chummer, I am not dodging. I thought me pointing out your mistakes, would make your "superior" hermit brain understand what you exactly did wrong.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 tormentos

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"]

[QUOTE="Rage010101"]

Rage010101

Tu jablas espanol...:lol: That is how i imaging you speaking in Spanish..:lol:
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#179 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts
[QUOTE="GioVela2010"][QUOTE="tormentos"]Nvidia ""the PS4 has under power hardwar"" What most people on steam play on including several Hermit from this site.. http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/549?vs=547 560Ti http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/549?vs=541 Closely fallow by 550Ti which is even further..:lol:

Steam Hardware Survey shows what a joke the hermit faction truly is

Thank god I'll never become one of them.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts
Cool. Cue PS4 keeping up with PC graphics for 8 years.locopatho
Confirmed. Thank you Sony.
Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Rage010101

[QUOTE="Rage010101"]

DrTrafalgarLaw

It's "than" and not "then".  See, I can do it too!

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

[QUOTE="Rage010101"]

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/gaming/consoles/nvidia-compares-ps4-specs-to-a-low-end-cpu-1138051

"Compared to gaming PCs, the PS4 specs are in the neighborhood of a low-end CPU, and a low- to mid-range GPU side," said Nvidia's Tony Tamasi to TechRadar.

As Nvidia's senior vice president of content and development, he sees the PS4's specs as outdated, even today.

"If the PS4 ships in December as Sony indicated, it will only offer about half the performance of a GTX680 GPU (based on GFLOPS and texture), which launched in March 2012, more than a year and a half ago."

Pretty much what most of us intellectuals already knew. Unfortunately, the ps4 is not made out of magic and rainbows.

DISCUSS

ronvalencia

http://www.overclock.net/t/1364086/sweclockers-amd-temash-apu-a6-1450-in-cinebench-r11-5

LL

Which means nothing when the jag is a low end cpu clocked at or below 2ghz, Any modern quad core above 3 ghz will perform as well or better
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 ronvalencia

Jonathan Blow: "equivalent game on PS4 hardware will run faster" than PC "RAM] really helps in shuttling graphics resources around, and since its not running a heavyweight operating system like Windows that gets in the way of your graphics," Blow says. "Rendering stuff through Windows has an impact on performance. Since a console is just about games, that doesnt happen, and the equivalent game will run faster. And if you can target to specific hardware you can make it run faster, too." http://m.pcgamer.com/2013/03/12/jonathan-blow-talks-ps4-hardware-equivalent-game-will-run-faster-than-pc?mtc=comment-388292#comment-388292epicgameplayer

AMD is pushing HSA for the PC games http://www.slideshare.net/zlatan4177/gpgpu-algorithms-in-games

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 DrTrafalgarLaw

Rage010101

Yeah, the only difference is that I never stated my english to be superior than anyone's.
Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Rage010101

[QUOTE="Rage010101"]

tormentos

Sounds like you're very upset that my Spanish is better than your English.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

Rage010101

a las vacas les duele el culo,just have fun with these low IQ basement dwellers :cool:

Benny_Blakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#187 Benny_Blakk
Member since 2007 • 910 Posts

[QUOTE="Benny_Blakk"]

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"] Is administering a dose of reality indicative of butthurt nowadays? Cows are truly delusional. princeofshapeir

"Lems" and "cows" as they put it, are always butting heads. But PC gamers are by far the worse and spawned the term butthurt. Why?

Because they tout tons of info about how their precious high end gaming PC can fly to Jupiter and back in .5 seconds, cure AIDS and Cancer, and win the Nobel Prize in sleep mode. BUT then complain that "consoles hold PC's back".

No, consoles aren't held back. Nobody told you to buy that in the first place. What drives an industry is the consumer, and consumers more than 8 out of 10 times go console. not PC. So all the whining about the "weakness" of PS4 and 720 is nothing more than that: whining. Devs don't favor PC because the userbase for console is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY

larger than PC.

Deal with it.

I'm pretty sure you aren't making a strong argument at all when you resort to appealing to the masses.

This is one of the dumbest things anyone has said on this website. This is a business and appealing to the masses is being attractive to more potential consumers. Dismissing such a basic concept is the move of bonafied imbecile.

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 DrTrafalgarLaw

[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="Rage010101"]

Rage010101

Sounds like you are upset you can't even write a ñ correctly in your "fluent" spanish.
Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Rage010101

[QUOTE="Rage010101"]

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] I'm sorry, what does espanol mean? Is that some kind of cauliflower and you are better at it then some pringles? Did you mean español and inglés?DrTrafalgarLaw

Yeah, the only difference is that I never stated my english to be superior than anyone's.

Nice to know my English is superior to yours, and I'm trilingual.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 lostrib

[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="Rage010101"]

Rage010101

His english is really bad, it's hard to tell what he's babbling about half the time

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 tormentos
By the way we just eliminated USA out of the baseball classic just now 4 to 3...Viva PUERTO RICO...
04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts
[QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="GioVela2010"][QUOTE="tormentos"]Nvidia ""the PS4 has under power hardwar"" What most people on steam play on including several Hermit from this site.. http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/549?vs=547 560Ti http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/549?vs=541 Closely fallow by 550Ti which is even further..:lol:

Steam Hardware Survey shows what a joke the hermit faction truly is

Thank god I'll never become one of them.

They just dont understand you have enthusiast, dedicated, average and casual pc gamers just like on consoles. And the number of gpu's that are above 7850 performance wise number in the millions.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"]

[QUOTE="Rage010101"]

DISCUSS

04dcarraher

LL

Which means nothing when the jag is a low end cpu clocked at or below 2ghz, Any modern quad core above 3 ghz will perform as well or better

AMD Jaguar 's physical address improvements indicates server targets. On cost, AMD Jaguar rivals ARM Cortex A15.

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 DrTrafalgarLaw

Rage010101

Nice to know my English is superior to yours, and I'm trilingual.

You can have english. But you can't have Turkish, Dutch, Spanish, French, German, Latin and Japanese. :cool:
Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Rage010101

[QUOTE="Rage010101"]

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] I'm sorry, what does espanol mean? Is that some kind of cauliflower and you are better at it then some pringles? Did you mean español and inglés?Tessellation

a las vacas les duele el culo,just have fun with these low IQ basement dwellers :cool:

Oh I am good sir.  They've resorted to correcting grammar because they can't handle the facts Nvidia has unleashed upon their small sad oudated world and I'm just lol'ing at the results.

anshul89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 anshul89
Member since 2006 • 5705 Posts

Pretty much what most of us intellectuals already knew.  Unfortunately, the ps4 is not made out of magic and rainbows.

DISCUSS

Rage010101
I agree with him. Console peasants get a new toy every 8 years, so it looks amazing in their eyes. But it's actually outdated garbage.
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 tormentos
Nice to know my English is superior to yours, and I'm trilingual. Rage010101
And.? I am also trilingual.. Spanish English and Gibberish...:lol:
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 lostrib

By the way we just eliminated USA out of the baseball classic just now 4 to 3...Viva PUERTO RICO...tormentos

...which is a territory of the US

jimmyrussle117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 jimmyrussle117
Member since 2012 • 850 Posts

Cool. Cue PS4 keeping up with PC graphics for 8 years.locopatho

Like the Ps3 did this gen right? :roll:

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Rage010101

[QUOTE="tormentos"]By the way we just eliminated USA out of the baseball classic just now 4 to 3...Viva PUERTO RICO...lostrib

...which is a territory of the US

Funniest post in the thread so far :lol: