Nvidia "PS4's tech oudated, even today"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4440 posts) -
[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="princeofshapeir"] Interesting that you'd define "good optimization" as 30 FPS.

If a videogame only requires 30 FPS to play it, I'd say it is optimized. Or are you the kind of guy that would only accept 60 FPS in games like Bejeweled? But then again, hermits rush out and buy a new graphics card instead of demanding from the developers that the game is better optimized for their card.

If a videogame can be played at 60 FPS and above, I'd say it is optimized. Or are you the kind of guy that would only accept every major AAA title released on consoles this gen to run at 30 FPS or below? But then again, consolites rush out and buy these games and tout them as graphics kings and accept that their console is incapable of striking a balance between performance and visual quality.

The only difference with that is that PC gamers are perpetuating unoptimized games which in their feeble minds can only be remedied with better hardware. That's why $1000 GPU's exist. If Nvidia had paid the R&D money for the Titan to pay for developers actually optimizing games for their drivers and cards...ha! who is going to buy into that crap! Just research the next $1000 diamond on a flea markt! Console gamers do not do much bad, they might make a few hype threads or two in which hermits may scold them for their 30 FPS (secretly wishing for a PC port in their hearts), but that's as harmless as it gets.
#102 Posted by Chutebox (36583 posts) -
While this may be true, Nvidia seems mad with this comment and the last.bleehum
Seriously. Get over it, guys.
#103 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -
I like this topic. Cows and Hermits fighting to the death.
#104 Posted by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rage010101"]

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/gaming/consoles/nvidia-compares-ps4-specs-to-a-low-end-cpu-1138051

"Compared to gaming PCs, the PS4 specs are in the neighborhood of a low-end CPU, and a low- to mid-range GPU side," said Nvidia's Tony Tamasi to TechRadar.

As Nvidia's senior vice president of content and development, he sees the PS4's specs as outdated, even today.

"If the PS4 ships in December as Sony indicated, it will only offer about half the performance of a GTX680 GPU (based on GFLOPS and texture), which launched in March 2012, more than a year and a half ago."

Pretty much what most of us intellectuals already knew.  Unfortunately, the ps4 is not made out of magic and rainbows.

DISCUSS

tormentos

Damn you sony damn you for going AMD..:lol: We wanted to sold you the another crappy and strip GPU..:lol:

I would probably find your post funny if it made sense and had better English

#105 Posted by tormentos (17070 posts) -

well they are quite right and basement dweller sony fans can't touch Nvidia facts :cool: butthurt and tears come at me.

Tessellation

The 720 is even weaker fake hermit..:lol: And you defend it..:lol:

#106 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4440 posts) -

[QUOTE="tormentos"]

[QUOTE="Rage010101"]

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/gaming/consoles/nvidia-compares-ps4-specs-to-a-low-end-cpu-1138051

"Compared to gaming PCs, the PS4 specs are in the neighborhood of a low-end CPU, and a low- to mid-range GPU side," said Nvidia's Tony Tamasi to TechRadar.

As Nvidia's senior vice president of content and development, he sees the PS4's specs as outdated, even today.

"If the PS4 ships in December as Sony indicated, it will only offer about half the performance of a GTX680 GPU (based on GFLOPS and texture), which launched in March 2012, more than a year and a half ago."

Pretty much what most of us intellectuals already knew.  Unfortunately, the ps4 is not made out of magic and rainbows.

DISCUSS

Rage010101

Damn you sony damn you for going AMD..:lol: We wanted to sold you the another crappy and strip GPU..:lol:

He's probably speaking better english as a native spanish person than you could speak spanish as a native english/american person.
#107 Posted by clyde46 (44853 posts) -
[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] If a videogame only requires 30 FPS to play it, I'd say it is optimized. Or are you the kind of guy that would only accept 60 FPS in games like Bejeweled? But then again, hermits rush out and buy a new graphics card instead of demanding from the developers that the game is better optimized for their card.

If a videogame can be played at 60 FPS and above, I'd say it is optimized. Or are you the kind of guy that would only accept every major AAA title released on consoles this gen to run at 30 FPS or below? But then again, consolites rush out and buy these games and tout them as graphics kings and accept that their console is incapable of striking a balance between performance and visual quality.

The only difference with that is that PC gamers are perpetuating unoptimized games which in their feeble minds can only be remedied with better hardware. That's why $1000 GPU's exist. If Nvidia had paid the R&D money for the Titan to pay for developers actually optimizing games for their drivers and cards...ha! who is going to buy into that crap! Just research the next $1000 diamond on a flea markt! Console gamers do not do much bad, they might make a few hype threads or two in which hermits may scold them for their 30 FPS (secretly wishing for a PC port in their hearts), but that's as harmless as it gets.

Titan is not aimed at PC gamers. Its aimed at enthusiasts. Devs have to get into account a vast number of different system configs when making a PC game. When making a console game they only have to consider one build as every console is the same. Its all pretty simple bro.
#108 Posted by Ly_the_Fairy (8652 posts) -

Srry nvideo, your gonna have to sit this gen out. :lol: Sir-I_exCalibur

You say that as if they didn't voluntarily decline Sony's offer to make the GPU in the PS4.

#109 Posted by tormentos (17070 posts) -

Rage010101

Yeah most idiots don't so i see your are in the majority..:lol:

#110 Posted by princeofshapeir (13745 posts) -
[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] If a videogame only requires 30 FPS to play it, I'd say it is optimized. Or are you the kind of guy that would only accept 60 FPS in games like Bejeweled? But then again, hermits rush out and buy a new graphics card instead of demanding from the developers that the game is better optimized for their card.

Confirmed for knowing nothing about Nvidia's business model.
#111 Posted by Tessellation (8797 posts) -

[QUOTE="Tessellation"]

well they are quite right and basement dweller sony fans can't touch Nvidia facts :cool: butthurt and tears come at me.

tormentos

The 720 is even weaker fake hermit..:lol: And you defend it..:lol:

still mad after i owned your ass for no providing evidences to back your claims up? :cool: look at the rage.
#112 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4440 posts) -

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="princeofshapeir"] If a videogame can be played at 60 FPS and above, I'd say it is optimized. Or are you the kind of guy that would only accept every major AAA title released on consoles this gen to run at 30 FPS or below? But then again, consolites rush out and buy these games and tout them as graphics kings and accept that their console is incapable of striking a balance between performance and visual quality.princeofshapeir

You actually track Nividia's business model? I'm not judging you but do you really expect the avarage gamer to know about Nvidia's "business model"?

I know that they do or did that ''The Way It's Meant To Be Played. Nividia." but don't see much out of it.

#113 Posted by Sir-I_exCalibur (752 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"]Srry nvideo, your gonna have to sit this gen out. :lol: Ly_the_Fairy

You say that as if they didn't voluntarily decline Sony's offer to make the GPU in the PS4.

They gave sony problems in the past, not only this gen, but next too, nvido is cut, and this is just their butthurt spurring.
#114 Posted by clyde46 (44853 posts) -
[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] The only difference with that is that PC gamers are perpetuating unoptimized games which in their feeble minds can only be remedied with better hardware. That's why $1000 GPU's exist. If Nvidia had paid the R&D money for the Titan to pay for developers actually optimizing games for their drivers and cards...ha! who is going to buy into that crap! Just research the next $1000 diamond on a flea markt! Console gamers do not do much bad, they might make a few hype threads or two in which hermits may scold them for their 30 FPS (secretly wishing for a PC port in their hearts), but that's as harmless as it gets.

You actually track Nividia's business model? I'm not judging you but do you really expect the avarage gamer to know about Nvidia's "business model"?

A console gamer no, a PC gamer yes.
#115 Posted by silversix_ (14062 posts) -
Nvidia, can you please, PLEASE give us your impression on the WiiU and its late 90's speed RAM!? If ps4 is "outdated" what exactly is the WiiU?
#116 Posted by Krelian-co (10365 posts) -

NEVER, 8 GB GDDR5 WILL SAVE THE WORLD AND END WARS

#117 Posted by Mrmedia01 (1917 posts) -

Nvidia Butthurt because Sony and MS did not want to use there over priced hardware. MS and Sony did the smart thing, bought powerful inexpensive hardware from ATI,w hich is probably nearly idenical to what Nvidia was offering.

Next time Quote lower Nvidia. Don't hate now just because no one wants to deal with you. Lower your prices.

I bet if Nvidia got the GPU business from Sony PS4 they would not be saying crap right now. Hypocrites.

#118 Posted by tormentos (17070 posts) -

still mad after i owned your ass for no providing evidences to back your claims up? :cool: look at the rage.Tessellation

The only thing you own if your green X underwear...:lol:

#119 Posted by princeofshapeir (13745 posts) -
[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] The only difference with that is that PC gamers are perpetuating unoptimized games which in their feeble minds can only be remedied with better hardware. That's why $1000 GPU's exist. If Nvidia had paid the R&D money for the Titan to pay for developers actually optimizing games for their drivers and cards...ha! who is going to buy into that crap! Just research the next $1000 diamond on a flea markt! Console gamers do not do much bad, they might make a few hype threads or two in which hermits may scold them for their 30 FPS (secretly wishing for a PC port in their hearts), but that's as harmless as it gets.

It doesn't take a genius to realize Nvidia markets the Titan to enthusiast gamers that have the money to pay for a $1000 GPU, just like they market the 650ti to budget gamers. You belittling Nvidia for daring to appeal to a broad range of PC gamers displays your ignorance.
#120 Posted by Ly_the_Fairy (8652 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

[QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"]Srry nvideo, your gonna have to sit this gen out. :lol: Sir-I_exCalibur

They gave sony problems in the past, not only this gen, but next too, nvido is cut, and this is just their butthurt spurring.

Nvidia voluntarily declined Sony's offer to make the GPU in the PS4 stating it wasn't worth the cost given the low amount of potential revenue.

Sony didn't drop Nvidia. Nvidia dropped Sony in favor of greater revenues in the PC hardware sector.

#121 Posted by NoodleFighter (6982 posts) -

I'll just leave this here

http://cdn.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/NVIDIA-2014.jpg

#122 Posted by Benny_Blakk (906 posts) -

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

what is going on? Why are they so butthurt? When was the last time something like this happened? Wow. :lol:

princeofshapeir

Is administering a dose of reality indicative of butthurt nowadays? Cows are truly delusional.

"Lems" and "cows" as they put it, are always butting heads. But PC gamers are by far the worse and spawned the term butthurt. Why?

Because they tout tons of info about how their precious high end gaming PC can fly to Jupiter and back in .5 seconds, cure AIDS and Cancer, and win the Nobel Prize in sleep mode. BUT then complain that "consoles hold PC's back".

No, PCs aren't held back. Nobody told you to buy that in the first place. What drives an industry is the consumer, and consumers more than 8 out of 10 times go console, not PC. So all the whining about the "weakness" of PS4 and 720 is nothing more than that: whining. Devs don't favor PC because the userbase for console is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY

larger than PC.

Deal with it.

#123 Posted by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rage010101"]

[QUOTE="tormentos"]

DrTrafalgarLaw

He's probably speaking better english as a native spanish person than you could speak spanish as a native english/american person.

Yo puedo hablar espanol mejor de lo que el habla ingles.  "I can speak Spanish better than he can speak English.

Guess you totally didn't see the fact that I'm hispanic and can speak/write both English and Spanish fluently.  :lol:

#124 Posted by The_Stand_In (377 posts) -

Nvidia is right, being "butthurt" or not. The PS4 can only match mid-high end PCs right now at best, not surpass them. So it's not THAT outdated currently. But now fast forward to its launch. It has the same specs, yet PC hardware continued to develop and improve during that time. Sure there is optimization, but it's not a magical process that can make old hardware new. By its launch, the PS4 will be even more outdated than it is right now.

I will admit that PC gamers have to buy said new hardware to be up-to-date, but the facts remain- Nvidia is right, like it or not.

#125 Posted by nextgenjoke (2123 posts) -

told you nvidia was gonna cry lol.

#126 Posted by nextgenjoke (2123 posts) -

Now we just need intel to cry.

#127 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4440 posts) -
[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="princeofshapeir"] Confirmed for knowing nothing about Nvidia's business model.

It doesn't take a genius to realize Nvidia markets the Titan to enthusiast gamers that have the money to pay for a $1000 GPU, just like they market the 650ti to budget gamers. You belittling Nvidia for daring to appeal to a broad range of PC gamers displays your ignorance.

Where do you see me belittle Nvidia? If anything, Nvidia is belittling gamers that want actual 8 GB of GDDR5 RAM and not that measly 512 or 1024 crap.
#128 Posted by Sir-I_exCalibur (752 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"][QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

Ly_the_Fairy

Nvidia voluntarily declined Sony's offer to make the GPU in the PS4 stating it wasn't worth the cost given the low amount of potential revenue.

Sony didn't drop Nvidia. Nvidia dropped Sony in favor of greater revenues in the PC hardware sector.

Nah it has to do with the past problems which are publicly documented.
#129 Posted by Tessellation (8797 posts) -

[QUOTE="Tessellation"]still mad after i owned your ass for no providing evidences to back your claims up? :cool: look at the rage.tormentos

The only thing you own if your green X underwear...:lol:

look at them tears :cool: keep crying.
#130 Posted by silversix_ (14062 posts) -
Intel doesn't give a flying f*ck. They just release good stuff and their products speak for themselves, intel ain't crying like Nvidia.
#131 Posted by Tessellation (8797 posts) -

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="Rage010101"]

Rage010101

Yo puedo hablar espanol mejor de lo que el habla ingles.  "I can speak Spanish better than he can speak English.

Guess you totally didn't see the fact that I'm hispanic and can speak/write both English and Spanish fluently.  :lol:

lol pobre tormetos,he's such a joke :cool:

#132 Posted by princeofshapeir (13745 posts) -

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="Gue1"]

what is going on? Why are they so butthurt? When was the last time something like this happened? Wow. :lol:

Benny_Blakk

Is administering a dose of reality indicative of butthurt nowadays? Cows are truly delusional.

"Lems" and "cows" as they put it, are always butting heads. But PC gamers are by far the worse and spawned the term butthurt. Why?

Because they tout tons of info about how their precious high end gaming PC can fly to Jupiter and back in .5 seconds, cure AIDS and Cancer, and win the Nobel Prize in sleep mode. BUT then complain that "consoles hold PC's back".

No, consoles aren't held back. Nobody told you to buy that in the first place. What drives an industry is the consumer, and consumers more than 8 out of 10 times go console. not PC. So all the whining about the "weakness" of PS4 and 720 is nothing more than that: whining. Devs don't favor PC because the userbase for console is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY

larger than PC.

Deal with it.

I'm pretty sure PC gamers didn't invent the term "butthurt," and I'm pretty sure you aren't making a strong argument at all when you resort to appealing to the masses.
#133 Posted by clyde46 (44853 posts) -
[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] You actually track Nividia's business model? I'm not judging you but do you really expect the avarage gamer to know about Nvidia's "business model"?

Where do you see me belittle Nvidia? If anything, Nvidia is belittling gamers that want actual 8 GB of GDDR5 RAM and not that measly 512 or 1024 crap.

Dedicated > Unified.
#134 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4440 posts) -

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="Rage010101"]

Rage010101

That's why you forgot the ñ in español ? :lol:

Or the é in inglés? :lol:

#135 Posted by clyde46 (44853 posts) -
Intel doesn't give a flying f*ck. They just release good stuff and their products speak for themselves, intel ain't crying like Nvidia.silversix_
Show me where Nvidia are crying?
#136 Posted by princeofshapeir (13745 posts) -
[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] You actually track Nividia's business model? I'm not judging you but do you really expect the avarage gamer to know about Nvidia's "business model"?

No PC gamer wants 8GB of DDR5 RAM that's shared between the GPU and system processes.
#137 Posted by GioVela2010 (4018 posts) -

I'll just leave this here

http://cdn.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/NVIDIA-2014.jpg

NoodleFighter
The 660TI and HD 7870 XT are already above 16 GFLoPs per watt
#138 Posted by Sir-I_exCalibur (752 posts) -
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="princeofshapeir"] It doesn't take a genius to realize Nvidia markets the Titan to enthusiast gamers that have the money to pay for a $1000 GPU, just like they market the 650ti to budget gamers. You belittling Nvidia for daring to appeal to a broad range of PC gamers displays your ignorance.

Dedicated > Unified.

In some cases sure, but when you have the resources ready like 8gb GDDR5, a faster latency means unified>dedicated.
#139 Posted by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

Nvidia is right, being "butthurt" or not. The PS4 can only match mid-high end PCs right now at best, not surpass them. So it's not THAT outdated currently. But now fast forward to its launch. It has the same specs, yet PC hardware continued to develop and improve during that time. Sure there is optimization, but it's not a magical process that can make old hardware new. By its launch, the PS4 will be even more outdated than it is right now.

I will admit that PC gamers have to buy said new hardware to be up-to-date, but the facts remain- Nvidia is right, like it or not.

The_Stand_In

It's rare to see logical and intellectual comments like this in a forum full of simpletons.

#140 Posted by Sir-I_exCalibur (752 posts) -
[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="princeofshapeir"] It doesn't take a genius to realize Nvidia markets the Titan to enthusiast gamers that have the money to pay for a $1000 GPU, just like they market the 650ti to budget gamers. You belittling Nvidia for daring to appeal to a broad range of PC gamers displays your ignorance.

No PC gamer wants 8GB of DDR5 RAM that's shared between the GPU and system processes.

yep they would rather have the memory work for unified spyware and other non-gaming related programs.
#141 Posted by princeofshapeir (13745 posts) -
Intel doesn't give a flying f*ck. They just release good stuff and their products speak for themselves, intel ain't crying like Nvidia.silversix_
Intel's biggest consumers also aren't gamers.
#142 Posted by GioVela2010 (4018 posts) -
Cry baby Hermkids ITT
#143 Posted by clyde46 (44853 posts) -
[QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"][QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] Where do you see me belittle Nvidia? If anything, Nvidia is belittling gamers that want actual 8 GB of GDDR5 RAM and not that measly 512 or 1024 crap.

Dedicated > Unified.

In some cases sure, but when you have the resources ready like 8gb GDDR5, a faster latency means unified>dedicated.

Speed of RAM isn't going to help with a low end CPU/midrange GPU.
#144 Posted by tormentos (17070 posts) -
Nvidia ""the PS4 has under power hardware"" What most people on steam play on including several Hermit from this site.. http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/549?vs=547 560Ti http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/549?vs=541 Closely fallow by 550Ti which is even further..:lol:
#145 Posted by GioVela2010 (4018 posts) -
[QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"][QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] Where do you see me belittle Nvidia? If anything, Nvidia is belittling gamers that want actual 8 GB of GDDR5 RAM and not that measly 512 or 1024 crap.

yep they would rather have the memory work for unified spyware and other non-gaming related programs.

Lol :lol:
#146 Posted by Sir-I_exCalibur (752 posts) -
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"][QUOTE="clyde46"] Dedicated > Unified.

Speed of RAM isn't going to help with a low end CPU/midrange GPU.

:lol:
#147 Posted by Midnightshade29 (5260 posts) -

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]because I want infamous second son? You scared of that QUAD COMBO- PS4/PC/VITA/YOUR MOM. This combination is going to work great next genKBFloYd

whatever wiiU/3ds is going to outsell ps4/vita...again!....so chew on that real life snack loser.

oh you mad , your calling people names now..lol.. you must be a closet lemming..playing sales now huh... what real gamer cares about sales..and its easy to own multiple machines... I own everything but a 360 and wii-u , just look at my sig. The reason being...they don't provide anything I can't get on the other machines besides like 2 games. The dude who said PC/PS4/VITA/Your MOM will be the best combo next gen is right on the money!
#148 Posted by GioVela2010 (4018 posts) -
[QUOTE="tormentos"]Nvidia ""the PS4 has under power hardwar"" What most people on steam play on including several Hermit from this site.. http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/549?vs=547 560Ti http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/549?vs=541 Closely fallow by 550Ti which is even further..:lol:

Steam Hardware Survey shows what a joke the hermit faction truly is
#149 Posted by nextgenjoke (2123 posts) -

intel **** is too overpriced and nvidia stuff is too sometimes also.

#150 Posted by Sir-I_exCalibur (752 posts) -
WE WON