Nvidia: geforce titan is ment to kill sony

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by Pray_to_me (3102 posts) -

[QUOTE="Heil68"]Lol, yeah ok..lolPrimordialous

Typical cows, living in denial. Can't ever accept that PC is the superior platform.

Meh, don't need a $1000 gpu to play no console port. 

#102 Posted by Primordialous (1313 posts) -

[QUOTE="Primordialous"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"]Lol, yeah ok..lolPray_to_me

Typical cows, living in denial. Can't ever accept that PC is the superior platform.

I know of a sub $200 GPU that can still play games 10x better than consoles.

#103 Posted by StrongBlackVine (9471 posts) -

[QUOTE="gpuking"]Good luck selling it to 50 PC die hard while PS4 gamers enjoy a slew of nextgen 1st party exclusives. Krelian-co

there are some people who actually work in the real world (and are more than 50) that can afford it and don't have to beg to their parents for a console.

Most them are not hardcore PC gaming dorks though.

#104 Posted by StrongBlackVine (9471 posts) -

Can't wait for this card, it will probably be way out of my price range though. Primordialous

That makes sense...

#105 Posted by Primordialous (1313 posts) -

[QUOTE="Primordialous"]Can't wait for this card, it will probably be way out of my price range though. StrongBlackVine

That makes sense...

Note the "probably". And that doesn't change the fact that I can easily work for the rest of the money.

#106 Posted by Pray_to_me (3102 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pray_to_me"]

[QUOTE="Primordialous"]

Primordialous

I know of a sub $200 GPU that can still play games 10x better than consoles.

Oh the Titan is gonna cost less than $200? Swore this thread was about Titan. Personally I don't enjpoy RTS and WoW so I only need a $100 gpu for 360 ports ;)

#107 Posted by StrongBlackVine (9471 posts) -

[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

[QUOTE="Primordialous"]Can't wait for this card, it will probably be way out of my price range though. Primordialous

That makes sense...

Note the "probably". And that doesn't change the fact that I can easily work for the rest of the money.

So you would be buy a card at a premium that might be useful 2 or 3 years from now?

#108 Posted by Primordialous (1313 posts) -

[QUOTE="Primordialous"]

That makes sense...

StrongBlackVine

So you would be buy a card at a premium that might be useful 2 or 3 years from now?

Hell no. A card like this, if it is so much better than a GTX 690, could last you easily up to six years. Meanwhile, consoles are already long-outdated in the same amount of time.

#109 Posted by StrongBlackVine (9471 posts) -

[QUOTE="Primordialous"]

Primordialous

Hell no. A card like this, if it is so much better than a GTX 690, could last you easily up to six years. Meanwhile, consoles are already long-outdated in the same amount of time.

I said might be useful in 2 or 3 years, not useless. It is future proof, but no game currently available will make any use of it.

#110 Posted by Riadon2 (1598 posts) -

Games aren't really going to take advantage of it through pure effects.  4k resolution would give it a workout, though.

#111 Posted by wis3boi (32011 posts) -

Games aren't really going to take advantage of it through pure effects.  4k resolution would give it a workout, though.

Riadon2

That's basically what it's made for. Enthusiasts with many monitors or huge ass resolutions.

#112 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

[QUOTE="Primordialous"]

StrongBlackVine

I said might be useful in 2 or 3 years, not useless. It is future proof, but no game currently available will make any use of it.

If you want to max Crysis 3 and keep a constant 60fps then you would need a top of the line card. Even Farcry 3 needs 680sli for 60 fps with 4x msaa at 1080p. If its a game thats not demanding then you can up the aa even further or get graphics mods, or if you have a 120hz monitor you can play at 120fps.
#113 Posted by wis3boi (32011 posts) -

[QUOTE="Primordialous"]

Cranler

If you want to max Crysis 3 and keep a constant 60fps then you would need a top of the line card. Even Farcry 3 needs 680sli for 60 fps with 4x msaa at 1080p. If its a game thats not demanding then you can up the aa even further or get graphics mods, or if you have a 120hz monitor you can play at 120fps.

Crysis feels smooth at 30+ fps, you dont need 60 to enjoy a game unless you are a complete graphics whore

#114 Posted by Primordialous (1313 posts) -

[QUOTE="Cranler"][QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

wis3boi

Crysis feels smooth at 30+ fps, you dont need 60 to enjoy a game unless you are a complete graphics whore

And, to be honest, you don't even need 680sli to max Far Cry 3 at 1080p. A 7850 2GB can easily handle that duty, with framerates north of 30 fps.

#115 Posted by percech (5237 posts) -

[QUOTE="Primordialous"]Can't wait for this card, it will probably be way out of my price range though. StrongBlackVine

That makes sense...

So let me get this straight...cows are allowed to rave about PS4's rumoured specs without understanding the high pricetag that will come with it but people can't be excited for this graphics card?
#116 Posted by StrongBlackVine (9471 posts) -

[QUOTE="Primordialous"]Can't wait for this card, it will probably be way out of my price range though. percech

That makes sense...

So let me get this straight...cows are allowed to rave about PS4's rumoured specs without understanding the high pricetag that will come with it but people can't be excited for this graphics card?

No games...that's why.

#117 Posted by percech (5237 posts) -

[QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

That makes sense...

StrongBlackVine

No games...that's why.

You're a goddamn moron. I called you out on your hypocrisy and you have nothing to say. Transparent fool.
#118 Posted by StrongBlackVine (9471 posts) -

[QUOTE="percech"] So let me get this straight...cows are allowed to rave about PS4's rumoured specs without understanding the high pricetag that will come with it but people can't be excited for this graphics card?percech

No games...that's why.

You're a goddamn moron. I called you out on your hypocrisy and you have nothing to say. Transparent fool.

I made my point. Who gives a damn about video card when no game that is available or probably even far into development can advantage of it? I have nothing against PC gaming, but if you don't like what I have say about it tough luck.

#119 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

[QUOTE="Cranler"][QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

wis3boi

How does liking good performance make someone a graphics whore? Would that make them a performance or framerate whore? Smooth or not, sub 50fps is blurry.
#120 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="Cranler"] If you want to max Crysis 3 and keep a constant 60fps then you would need a top of the line card. Even Farcry 3 needs 680sli for 60 fps with 4x msaa at 1080p. If its a game thats not demanding then you can up the aa even further or get graphics mods, or if you have a 120hz monitor you can play at 120fps. Primordialous

And, to be honest, you don't even need 680sli to max Far Cry 3 at 1080p. A 7850 2GB can easily handle that duty, with framerates north of 30 fps.

To be honest, 30 fps sucks.
#121 Posted by StrongBlackVine (9471 posts) -

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="Cranler"] If you want to max Crysis 3 and keep a constant 60fps then you would need a top of the line card. Even Farcry 3 needs 680sli for 60 fps with 4x msaa at 1080p. If its a game thats not demanding then you can up the aa even further or get graphics mods, or if you have a 120hz monitor you can play at 120fps. Cranler

How does liking good performance make someone a graphics whore? Would that make them a performance or framerate whore? Smooth or not, sub 50fps is blurry.

You have bad genes and poor eyesight.

#122 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

[QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

No games...that's why.

StrongBlackVine

I made my point. Who gives a damn about video card when no game that is available or probably even far into development can advantage of it? I have nothing against PC gaming, but if you don't like what I have say about it tough luck.

People with specific performance standards or those with high res monitors will want a 780. I have a 680. Dead Space 3 has no graphical enhancements for pc version, is my 680 overkill? Hell no, it means I can play in the super fluid, 120fps mode.
#123 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

[QUOTE="Cranler"][QUOTE="wis3boi"]

StrongBlackVine

People who notice things like blurryness are the ones with better eyesight. Plus all the animations are more fluid and lifelike at high fps. Cod is 60fps on consoles for a reason

#124 Posted by StrongBlackVine (9471 posts) -

[QUOTE="Cranler"] How does liking good performance make someone a graphics whore? Would that make them a performance or framerate whore? Smooth or not, sub 50fps is blurry. Cranler

People who notice things like blurryness are the ones with better eyesight. Plus all the animations are more fluid and lifelike at high fps. Cod is 60fps on consoles for a reason

I know...just joking with you.

#125 Posted by Primordialous (1313 posts) -

[QUOTE="Primordialous"]

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

Cranler

#126 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

[QUOTE="Cranler"][QUOTE="Primordialous"]

Primordialous

31 fps doesnt suddenly become ideal. North of 60 is the ideal.
#127 Posted by ryangcnx-2 (1300 posts) -

[QUOTE="ryangcnx-2"]

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

there are some people who actually work in the real world (and are more than 50) that can afford it and don't have to beg to their parents for a console.

clyde46

There are also people in this world who have hardly anything left at the end of the month once rent, utility bills, gas, car insurance, any other type of insurance, phone bills, internet bills all absorb 80% of a months pay.

And no, not everyone is lucky enought to be making 50 bucks and hour expecially in this crappy economy when companies don't even want to hire full time, and stick you with part-time.

So no, it's mainly kids who are still living with their parents who have next to no bills are who can afford a $1000 GPU and well the really rich people.

Then video gaming is normally last on the list. Don't bring personal economics into this, video games are a luxury.

But your comment basically said adults with jobs game on PC and children with no jobs beg parents for consoles...

Most adults don't fit into the category to go waste 1k on a gpu either, sure there are those few, but a console is much more budget friendly. My point is that most adults actually buy consoles. It's teens who live at home who generally spend the rediculous cash on a 1k gpu.

I'm just giving you a real world senario, and really think about it, you think gaming is a luxery, but in reality is a pass time that enjoyable to many. Most people wouldn't be able to afford any games after dropping 1k on that gpu just for gaming. Super Enthousiast PC gaming is a luxery, the rest of us just want to play games and have fun.

#128 Posted by arto1223 (4404 posts) -

[QUOTE="arto1223"]

[QUOTE="osirisx3"]

I bet that gpu will cost as much as ps4 and will only really shine in 1 or 2 games like crysis did.

AznbkdX

I bet that GPU will cost a lot but it doesn't matter because people with jobs can afford to get more expensive things that make their games look better, run better, and have added features like Physx and it will shine for many years and make many PC games look fantastic at higher than 30 frames per second.

Not everyone is gung-ho with their money. Not everyone has high paying jobs.

If they wanted a more enthusiastic base, more budget cards with power would help. Luckily they usually do that, but I know for certain those monster priced cards will not kill anything as no person in their right mind aside from PC enthusiasts will buy it.

But there are people that do. You don't need a high paying job. I bought a 560 Ti 2Win last December for around $550-600. I still max out all my games while recording and get great performance. I'll probably get a new GPU in 2013 and then build a new PC in 2014 since that's pretty much what i have done for the past 10 years.

Those crazy powerful GPUs sell fairly well as they wouldn't still sell them and market them the way they do if they didn't sell well. nVidia has been doing this for years, so they know how to handle things.

#129 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -
I hope this card releases soon. Building a new PC and was set on a 680, but it looks like I will be getting a 780 instead.
#130 Posted by Midnightshade29 (5611 posts) -

well cows it would appear that ony has awoken a rather big angry behemoth. the mighty nvidia has explained today that AMD is not the target of their new nvidia geforce titan 780 graphics card. rather the titan is geared at renderring consoles event next-gen ones weak and petty from the start. their overall plan would be to crush them in terms of raw horsepower overnight and then sell such technology to developers to make it seem rather empty to invest in weaker primitive technology.
http://www.techpowerup.com/179750/It-s-Sony-Not-AMD-in-GeForce-Titan-s-Crosshair.html 

they seem content on crushing next-gen before next-gen happens and then selling the potential to the source of games. sorry cows you may get flattened by a giant green monster before kaz can throw you a rope

i recommend ducking for the nearest shelter cows.. nvidia has a funny habit of squishing companies like insects on impact if you dont believe me ask voodoo, matrox, and 3dfx

ionusX
Do you even know what crap you are spewing... Voodoo was a brand of graphics cards made by 3dfx.... they are the same..lol.... Nice way to pad that out. And Matrox only made like 4 gfx cards for games marekts ever. As far as I know they are still around: http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/press/releases/2012/thin_computing/epica_series_graphics_cards/wyse_z90de7_thin_client/six_monitors/ -they make cards for workstations and businesses not for gamers anymore... far from being crushed. Only company that was crushed was 3dfxand they were floundering because of bad moves as the voodoo 3 only did 16bit graphics in 3d and the voodoo 5 (while doing great aa, I owned the beast) didn't support tnl and the v5-6000 never released in time). So stop with the spin already...you loose..
#131 Posted by Midnightshade29 (5611 posts) -

I don't get it, Nvidia are putting out another expensive high end card, hows that affect Sony?

Also, shouldn't the Geforce x60 (460, 560 and so on) mid range cards that make performance affordable be the competition for consoles.

Even AMDs future Fusion range has to be the main competition to consoles. Highly affordable, ever more powerful APUs. I'm aware that the next gen will use them but a year later more powerful ones will be out already.

It's certainly the x60s and APUs which interest me.

I don't think high end graphics cards affect consoles or the industry, the majority of gamers these days aren't really enthusiasts.

HalcyonScarlet
Sad but true.. .then you have people like me and lots of other here who play both PC and console games... its called being a well rounded gamer as pc has game styles that console doesn't and console has styles that pc doesn't. Hell I am still getting away with a nvidia 9800gt , a card that came out 4 years ago. If you compared the pc gamer numbers today with high end cards compared to say 1999-2004 the numbers today would be much smaller. Back then pc had so many exclusives like, quake, unreal tornament, half-life, homeworld, theif, and but loads of rts, rpgs and mmos that moved the market. Now its mostly console ports, indies and a few good exclusives (way less then in the past though). Hell i remember when everyone had a geforce 2, now so many gamers play on laptops or even worse tablets ...ewwww...lol
#132 Posted by Midnightshade29 (5611 posts) -

Nvidia, how about funding some game development to take advantage of that power? I don't plan on spending £1000 for a GPU to play console ports and low budget indie games.

Peredith
This.... real top grade pc AAA exclusvies only come around once every few years...most of it is console ports or indies.. (of course this year we are getting sim city, and hopefully rome total war, but thats what 2 games).
#133 Posted by LazySloth718 (2345 posts) -

WiiU choose AMD over Nvidia

PS4 choose AMD over Nvidia

720 choose AMD over Nvidia

Developers next gen optimize for AMD -> port to PC

Everything ends up running better on AMD CPU and GPU on PC

Bye bye Nvidia

#134 Posted by clyde46 (47599 posts) -
[QUOTE="Primordialous"]

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

Cranler

That is completely dependant on the game in question. GTA4 plays fine at 30FPS, Sleeping Dogs is horrible at anything below 60FPS.
#135 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2895 posts) -

Good luck selling it to 50 PC die hard while PS4 gamers enjoy a slew of nextgen 1st party exclusives. gpuking

Still butthurt over PC graphics better than your petty little console?

#136 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (5247 posts) -

[QUOTE="HalcyonScarlet"]

I don't get it, Nvidia are putting out another expensive high end card, hows that affect Sony?

Also, shouldn't the Geforce x60 (460, 560 and so on) mid range cards that make performance affordable be the competition for consoles.

Even AMDs future Fusion range has to be the main competition to consoles. Highly affordable, ever more powerful APUs. I'm aware that the next gen will use them but a year later more powerful ones will be out already.

It's certainly the x60s and APUs which interest me.

I don't think high end graphics cards affect consoles or the industry, the majority of gamers these days aren't really enthusiasts.

Midnightshade29

Sad but true.. .then you have people like me and lots of other here who play both PC and console games... its called being a well rounded gamer as pc has game styles that console doesn't and console has styles that pc doesn't. Hell I am still getting away with a nvidia 9800gt , a card that came out 4 years ago. If you compared the pc gamer numbers today with high end cards compared to say 1999-2004 the numbers today would be much smaller. Back then pc had so many exclusives like, quake, unreal tornament, half-life, homeworld, theif, and but loads of rts, rpgs and mmos that moved the market. Now its mostly console ports, indies and a few good exclusives (way less then in the past though). Hell i remember when everyone had a geforce 2, now so many gamers play on laptops or even worse tablets ...ewwww...lol

Yeah i'm still using an older card :P.

Tell you what, the benefit of the high end cards is, they do last way down the line.

#137 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -
[QUOTE="Cranler"][QUOTE="Primordialous"]

clyde46

That is completely dependant on the game in question. GTA4 plays fine at 30FPS, Sleeping Dogs is horrible at anything below 60FPS.

Hows that? Fairly similar games.
#138 Posted by Bigboi500 (31309 posts) -

It would be extremely funny if that actually happened. With all the cows and lemmings constantly going on about "teh graphics and da powah" I would love to see it happen.

#139 Posted by RyviusARC (4908 posts) -

I hope this card releases soon. Building a new PC and was set on a 680, but it looks like I will be getting a 780 instead.AmazonTreeBoa

The GTX 780 is not the card they are talking about in the article.

The Titan is a completely different card.

The GTX 780 will most likely be around 15% more powerful than the GTX 680 at best.

#140 Posted by clyde46 (47599 posts) -
[QUOTE="Cranler"][QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="Cranler"] To be honest, 30 fps sucks.

Hows that? Fairly similar games.

Go play GTA4, then play SD with all the AA maxed. That 20FPS drop means the game isnt playable.
#141 Posted by JasonDarksavior (9323 posts) -
How is this going to hurt SONY and the new PS4? It's already a given fact that consoles are weaker then PCs ...
#142 Posted by clyde46 (47599 posts) -

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="ryangcnx-2"]

There are also people in this world who have hardly anything left at the end of the month once rent, utility bills, gas, car insurance, any other type of insurance, phone bills, internet bills all absorb 80% of a months pay.

And no, not everyone is lucky enought to be making 50 bucks and hour expecially in this crappy economy when companies don't even want to hire full time, and stick you with part-time.

So no, it's mainly kids who are still living with their parents who have next to no bills are who can afford a $1000 GPU and well the really rich people.

ryangcnx-2

Then video gaming is normally last on the list. Don't bring personal economics into this, video games are a luxury.

But your comment basically said adults with jobs game on PC and children with no jobs beg parents for consoles...

I never said anything like that.

Most adults don't fit into the category to go waste 1k on a gpu either, sure there are those few, but a console is much more budget friendly. My point is that most adults actually buy consoles. It's teens who live at home who generally spend the rediculous cash on a 1k gpu.

That is a very broad generalisation there buddy.

I'm just giving you a real world senario, and really think about it, you think gaming is a luxery, but in reality is a pass time that enjoyable to many. Most people wouldn't be able to afford any games after dropping 1k on that gpu just for gaming. Super Enthousiast PC gaming is a luxery, the rest of us just want to play games and have fun.

Video games are a luxery, there is no if's or buts about it. They are not essential in life. You cant single out people who have the money to spend on stuff like this then use the excuse that video games are a pass time to many irrspective of cost.

#143 Posted by ronvalencia (15602 posts) -

That will have no effect on console sales.

shellcase86
Well, Geforce 8800 GTX (with similar chip size as GK110) didn't stop Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii.
#144 Posted by _Matt_ (9443 posts) -

I am very excited to see more about the GTX780, will probably pop one or two into my new computer buiild in Summer... BUT...

I don't understand how Sony is competing that much with NVidia or vice versa?! This Titan will likely not hurt console sales and vice versa. Is it more just that the PS4 is rumoured to have an AMD chip and thus NVidia are secretly wanting to dig against the AMD part of the PS4?

I just don't get it.

#145 Posted by ronvalencia (15602 posts) -
[QUOTE="_Matt_"]

I am very excited to see more about the GTX780, will probably pop one or two into my new computer buiild in Summer... BUT...

I don't understand how Sony is competing that much with NVidia or vice versa?! This Titan will likely not hurt console sales and vice versa. Is it more just that the PS4 is rumoured to have an AMD chip and thus NVidia are secretly wanting to dig against the AMD part of the PS4?

I just don't get it.

NVIDIA has released 8800 GTX a few days ahead of PS3.
#146 Posted by StormyJoe (6571 posts) -

For myself most console owners, I wouldn't play games on a PC if it produced graphics that were superior to current CGI.

FOr the cheap seats: I don't want to play games on a fricken PC.

So, Nvidia can stick it up their wazoo.

#147 Posted by _Matt_ (9443 posts) -

[QUOTE="_Matt_"]

I just don't get it.

ronvalencia

NVIDIA has released 8800 GTX a few days ahead of PS3.

YYeah, but that still doesn't explain why the ps4 is competition for Nvidia high end cards, or vice versa.

#148 Posted by StrongBlackVine (9471 posts) -

PC gamers start the worst topics...

#149 Posted by ZombieKiller7 (6218 posts) -

Video games are a luxery, there is no if's or buts about it. They are not essential in life.

clyde46

Recreation, playing, entertainment.

These are necessities.

Before we had video games, we had card games.

Before that we had physical games.

Horse games.

Pattycake.

Recreation is as essential to life as eating and sleeping.

#150 Posted by clyde46 (47599 posts) -

[QUOTE="clyde46"]

Video games are a luxery, there is no if's or buts about it. They are not essential in life.

ZombieKiller7

Recreation, playing, entertainment.

These are necessities.

Before we had video games, we had card games.

Before that we had physical games.

Horse games.

Pattycake.

Recreation is as essential to life as eating and sleeping.

Go play outside then, go play with a soccer ball. Video games are not essential for recreation.