Nvidia: geforce titan is ment to kill sony

• 172 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by clyde46 (46795 posts) -
Thought it was supposed to cost around $700GioVela2010
$1000 IIRC.
#52 Posted by airshocker (30367 posts) -

I can't wait for the Titan, but seriously Nvidia needs to focus on making me give them my money instead of talking trash about consoles.

FireEmblem_Man

If this doesn't do that then I don't know what will.

#53 Posted by Vatusus (4807 posts) -

Too bad I play games, not graphics

#54 Posted by mysticstryk (1700 posts) -

This will do nothing to the next playstation sales.  I would go as far as to say they don't even compete with one another.

#55 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

Wait a minute... How does this have anything to do with Sony's console?

It doesn't make sense at all. PC is already ahead...

#56 Posted by stvee101 (2953 posts) -

Nvidia, how about funding some game development to take advantage of that power? I don't plan on spending £1000 for a GPU to play console ports and low budget indie games.

Peredith

This is a good point.

Yes its all well and good releasing these ridiculously expensive and powerful cards,but how many games will take full advantage within the next year or two?

Probably 1 or 2,and I'm being generous.

#57 Posted by ShadowDeathX (10690 posts) -

Someone is pissed consoles didn't go with Nvidia cards this gen. :Phexashadow13

This^.

Since, if rumors are true, no console has a Nvidia GPU in it, it just means Nvidia has no financial interest in the console business. It can trash talk, try to market against, and promote PC gaming against consoles because it holds no interest in consoles.

#58 Posted by Heirren (17742 posts) -
[QUOTE="Wasdie"]As I said, the article sounds like it was written by a high school kid. tormentos
That require me to change my description,sound to me like a 16 year old virgin nerd that hates consoles. hahaha

Lol. Classic tormentos.
#59 Posted by AznbkdX (3227 posts) -

That article seems to have been written by someone of dubious nature for one. Also what I suspect to be a high priced card probably wouldn't get close to shutting anyone down. Most people would rather buy a console rather than an upgrade part for what is probably twice the price and with even slightly more work involved, especially considering it probably won't even play much of anything significant.

#60 Posted by Chozofication (3092 posts) -

Good luck.

#61 Posted by GarGx1 (2868 posts) -

I'm planning on waiting for Maxwell to be released in 2014.

#62 Posted by PernicioEnigma (5391 posts) -
My GTX 670 will most likely make the next gen console GPU's look like sh*t anyway, and that's not taking into consideration my second GTX 670.
#63 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

To bad PC gamers not get much use for that superior hardware when all they get is console ports. See Dead space 3 for an example, devs/EA do not want to make PC versior any better than console versions, they want do same experience on all systems :lol:

I think it just fine to use some midrange/old graphic card to be on pair with consoles...

aroxx_ab
If a game has no enhancements pc gamers still have higher res, aa, af, 120fps and graphics mods.
#64 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

If this is legit then the gtx780 is simply a refresh. A 580 is used as comparison because comparing to a 680 would barely show a difference.

e

#65 Posted by OneInchMan99 (1127 posts) -

I don't understand this thread.How can a lone graphics card beat down a games console?

#66 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28437 posts) -
It sure seems nvidia is holding a grudge MS dropped em cause they refused or were incapable of shrinking the gpu in the xbox to lower costs. Then they shortchanged sony with the gpu in the ps3 and now sony dopped em.
#67 Posted by topgunmv (10262 posts) -

Nobody is going to sign with nvidia after their crap history with console makers.

#68 Posted by LadyBlue (3929 posts) -
They're even having problems getting companies to adopt Tegra 4.

Nobody is going to sign with nvidia after their crap history with console makers.

topgunmv
#69 Posted by GarGx1 (2868 posts) -

I don't understand this thread.How can a lone graphics card beat down a games console?

OneInchMan99

It's simple terms of sheer power. To put into perspective a new console will cost roughly £400 a GTX 680 with 4GB of GDDR5 RAM will cost you roughly £500.

You can buy an entire desktop PC and monitor for less than the price of some top end graphics cards.

If you think that's expensive check this out.

Quadro 6000 yes it does have £700 off :shock:

#70 Posted by clyde46 (46795 posts) -

[QUOTE="OneInchMan99"]

GarGx1

It's simple terms of sheer power. To put into perspective a new console will cost roughly £400 a GTX 680 with 4GB of GDDR5 RAM will cost you roughly £500.

You can buy an entire desktop PC and monitor for less than the price of some top end graphics cards.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PNY-nVidia-Tesla-Computing-Processor/dp/B0047CV41Q/ref=sr_1_5?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1360011399&sr=1-5
#71 Posted by Mr_BillGates (3186 posts) -

This is why hardware enthusiasts aren't considered as gamers.

#72 Posted by clyde46 (46795 posts) -

Mr_BillGates
Explain where you got that conclusion.
#73 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23907 posts) -

lol, pc hardware  companies gunning for consoles.

nothing can demonstrate how far consoles have come than that.

a few years ago a statement made like that would look like glock saying they are going after   nerf.

#74 Posted by arto1223 (4404 posts) -

I bet that gpu will cost as much as ps4 and will only really shine in 1 or 2 games like crysis did.

osirisx3

I bet that GPU will cost a lot but it doesn't matter because people with jobs can afford to get more expensive things that make their games look better, run better, and have added features like Physx and it will shine for many years and make many PC games look fantastic at higher than 30 frames per second.

#75 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

[QUOTE="Mr_BillGates"]

clyde46

Explain where you got that conclusion.

This, don't just run away now, I want to hear the logic behind such a statement, it's bound to give me a great laugh! :)

#76 Posted by GarGx1 (2868 posts) -

[QUOTE="GarGx1"]

[QUOTE="OneInchMan99"]

clyde46

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PNY-nVidia-Tesla-Computing-Processor/dp/B0047CV41Q/ref=sr_1_5?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1360011399&sr=1-5

Don't know why I didn't think of Tesla's

#77 Posted by AznbkdX (3227 posts) -

[QUOTE="osirisx3"]

I bet that gpu will cost as much as ps4 and will only really shine in 1 or 2 games like crysis did.

arto1223

I bet that GPU will cost a lot but it doesn't matter because people with jobs can afford to get more expensive things that make their games look better, run better, and have added features like Physx and it will shine for many years and make many PC games look fantastic at higher than 30 frames per second.

Not everyone is gung-ho with their money. Not everyone has high paying jobs.

If they wanted a more enthusiastic base, more budget cards with power would help. Luckily they usually do that, but I know for certain those monster priced cards will not kill anything as no person in their right mind aside from PC enthusiasts will buy it.

#78 Posted by ryangcnx-2 (1263 posts) -

[QUOTE="gpuking"]Good luck selling it to 50 PC die hard while PS4 gamers enjoy a slew of nextgen 1st party exclusives. Krelian-co

there are some people who actually work in the real world (and are more than 50) that can afford it and don't have to beg to their parents for a console.

There are also people in this world who have hardly anything left at the end of the month once rent, utility bills, gas, car insurance, any other type of insurance, phone bills, internet bills all absorb 80% of a months pay.

And no, not everyone is lucky enought to be making 50 bucks and hour expecially in this crappy economy when companies don't even want to hire full time, and stick you with part-time.

So no, it's mainly kids who are still living with their parents who have next to no bills are who can afford a $1000 GPU and well the really rich people.

#79 Posted by clyde46 (46795 posts) -
Tesla's are relatively new to the market I think.
#80 Posted by clyde46 (46795 posts) -

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

[QUOTE="gpuking"]Good luck selling it to 50 PC die hard while PS4 gamers enjoy a slew of nextgen 1st party exclusives. ryangcnx-2

there are some people who actually work in the real world (and are more than 50) that can afford it and don't have to beg to their parents for a console.

There are also people in this world who have hardly anything left at the end of the month once rent, utility bills, gas, car insurance, any other type of insurance, phone bills, internet bills all absorb 80% of a months pay.

And no, not everyone is lucky enought to be making 50 bucks and hour expecially in this crappy economy when companies don't even want to hire full time, and stick you with part-time.

So no, it's mainly kids who are still living with their parents who have next to no bills are who can afford a $1000 GPU and well the really rich people.

Then video gaming is normally last on the list. Don't bring personal economics into this, video games are a luxury.
#81 Posted by yellosnolvr (19302 posts) -

Honestly, low-priced GTX670/680 and ATI´s 8950/70 have better chances to kill consoles than any new 1000$ card. Those card will last for other 2 years and they already are offering better graphics and performance than any nex-gen console will.

jhonMalcovich
this. nobody seems to understand that there's a slim chance those consoles are going to be doing what my pc (which is old by today's standards) is doing. bf3, x8aa, x16af, ultra, 1080p, 60fps and never under. even on 64 player metro spamfests. i dont see any console doing that until there is some massive optimization.
#82 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

That will have no effect on console sales.

#83 Posted by Primordialous (1276 posts) -
Can't wait for this card, it will probably be way out of my price range though.
#84 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4440 posts) -
[QUOTE="ryangcnx-2"]

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

clyde46

Then video gaming is normally last on the list. Don't bring personal economics into this, video games are a luxury.

But even if you can spend a $1000 on a whim, it's still a pretty poor investment to squander it all on a chip that can do nothing by itself. A lot of multiplatform games are console ports. If you are prepared to waste $1000 just to go from 30 FPS to 60+...and 720p to 1080p+...that's just really dumb. A $1000 would net you a powerful PC rig, capable of running games on max. settings. Heck, that $1000 would net you all three consoles combined and access to a lot of exclusives. A $1000 on a single card is a waste. Just buy mid to high range cards at a discounted price when the next series of cards are hyped to be the doom and gloom of consoles. And lolNvidia. I'm surprised how they're still around when AMD actually has affordable solutions that also perform decently. Don't get me started on their drivers. :lol:
#85 Posted by clyde46 (46795 posts) -
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="ryangcnx-2"]

DrTrafalgarLaw

But even if you can spend a $1000 on a whim, it's still a pretty poor investment to squander it all on a chip that can do nothing by itself. A lot of multiplatform games are console ports. If you are prepared to waste $1000 just to go from 30 FPS to 60+...and 720p to 1080p+...that's just really dumb. A $1000 would net you a powerful PC rig, capable of running games on max. settings. Heck, that $1000 would net you all three consoles combined and access to a lot of exclusives. A $1000 on a single card is a waste. Just buy mid to high range cards at a discounted price when the next series of cards are hyped to be the doom and gloom of consoles. And lolNvidia. I'm surprised how they're still around when AMD actually has affordable solutions that also perform decently. Don't get me started on their drivers. :lol:

Take off those fanboy goggles and actually at where that card is positioned. Its a enthusiasts card aimed at enthusiasts, that is why the price is so high. Also, we still do not have any more information on this card.
#87 Posted by AM-Gamer (4116 posts) -

So im going to pay 4x the money to build a pc with that GPU that will do nothng but run the same quality of graphics at higer resolutions and better frames.  The next consoles will be pushing the best assets at 1080p around 30 to 60fps and thats all I and most gamers will care about as long as they have far improved assets the next consoles will be all they need. 

#88 Posted by Wasdie (50265 posts) -

If you think a cheap and fast GPU can kill consoles, then you don't understand the point of video game consoles. It's that simple.

PC gamers lose focus on why people play games too easily. The whole point of a console is that you plug it in, buy a game, and play. That's it. No amount of cheap horsepower on the PC is going to kill consoles. The console market exists outside of the realm of PC gaming and is self sufficient. 

In reality, the console and PC markets do not compete with each other at all. We can fight over which one we think is better all we want, but the two are almost completely seperate from each other. 

Even if there was a gaming PC for $300 that was as powerful as a $1500 rig, there would still be game consoles and they would thrive on their own.

#89 Posted by GarGx1 (2868 posts) -

Where are people getting the $1000 for the GTX 780 from? The chances are it'll be priced in the same range as the 580, 680 etc were at launch (around $600)

The only mention I see in the link is

It's no news that PC graphics have always trumped consoles, but lost out on the "cost factor." Advocates of consoles falsely compare the cost of an entire PC (approaching or crossing $1,000) with a $300 console.

#90 Posted by ronvalencia (15175 posts) -

well cows it would appear that ony has awoken a rather big angry behemoth. the mighty nvidia has explained today that AMD is not the target of their new nvidia geforce titan 780 graphics card. rather the titan is geared at renderring consoles event next-gen ones weak and petty from the start. their overall plan would be to crush them in terms of raw horsepower overnight and then sell such technology to developers to make it seem rather empty to invest in weaker primitive technology.
http://www.techpowerup.com/179750/It-s-Sony-Not-AMD-in-GeForce-Titan-s-Crosshair.html 

they seem content on crushing next-gen before next-gen happens and then selling the potential to the source of games. sorry cows you may get flattened by a giant green monster before kaz can throw you a rope

i recommend ducking for the nearest shelter cows.. nvidia has a funny habit of squishing companies like insects on impact if you dont believe me ask voodoo, matrox, and 3dfx

ionusX
"8800 GTX" re-run...
#91 Posted by AznbkdX (3227 posts) -

If you think a cheap and fast GPU can kill consoles, then you don't understand the point of video game consoles. It's that simple.

PC gamers lose focus on why people play games too easily. The whole point of a console is that you plug it in, buy a game, and play. That's it. No amount of cheap horsepower on the PC is going to kill consoles. The console market exists outside of the realm of PC gaming and is self sufficient. 

In reality, the console and PC markets do not compete with each other at all. We can fight over which one we think is better all we want, but the two are almost completely seperate from each other. 

Even if there was a gaming PC for $300 that was as powerful as a $1500 rig, there would still be game consoles and they would thrive on their own.

Wasdie

Yep. Matches my sentiments exactly.

If you wanted to say that either are holding one another back games wise, then their will be a whole separate conversation that I don't think anybody would like to step into. On the hardware front though, they are of their own worlds and are built for different things at least to the consumer.

#92 Posted by Timstuff (26837 posts) -
As excited as I am about new toys, I just bought a GTX 680, and even on sale that was already tough on my wallet. The 780 is going to be prohibitively expensive for quite a while, and by the time I would even consider upgrading from the GTX 680, the 880 will be out.
#93 Posted by ShadowriverUB (5515 posts) -

Well its meant to crush consoles in graphics performance, not market performanfe. As usual

GunSmith1_basic
So i don't get what this fuss is all about? PC always will evolve faster as consoles upgrade rarely with big steps :p they plan to put that titan to SteamBox that they traget Sony?
#94 Posted by madskills6117 (4024 posts) -

With a $1000 price tag the only thing this is crushing are people's wallets. 

#95 Posted by percech (5237 posts) -
Seems pointless when the games won't be taking advantage of it.
#96 Posted by ronvalencia (15175 posts) -

[QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"]

Well its meant to crush consoles in graphics performance, not market performanfe. As usual

ShadowriverUB

So i don't get what this fuss is all about? PC always will evolve faster as consoles upgrade rarely with big steps :p they plan to put that titan to SteamBox that they traget Sony?

Current SteamBox prototype is running with an AMD APU i.e. quad-core AMD R-464L APU.

#97 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
lol @ anything pc killing sony.
#98 Posted by percech (5237 posts) -
lol @ anything pc killing sony.campzor
Sony is just gonna kill itself so don't worry about it.
#99 Posted by Heil68 (45735 posts) -
Lol, yeah ok..lol
#100 Posted by Primordialous (1276 posts) -

Lol, yeah ok..lolHeil68

Typical cows, living in denial. Can't ever accept that PC is the superior platform.