Nvidia: geforce titan is ment to kill sony

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

well cows it would appear that ony has awoken a rather big angry behemoth. the mighty nvidia has explained today that AMD is not the target of their new nvidia geforce titan 780 graphics card. rather the titan is geared at renderring consoles event next-gen ones weak and petty from the start. their overall plan would be to crush them in terms of raw horsepower overnight and then sell such technology to developers to make it seem rather empty to invest in weaker primitive technology.
http://www.techpowerup.com/179750/It-s-Sony-Not-AMD-in-GeForce-Titan-s-Crosshair.html 

they seem content on crushing next-gen before next-gen happens and then selling the potential to the source of games. sorry cows you may get flattened by a giant green monster before kaz can throw you a rope

i recommend ducking for the nearest shelter cows.. nvidia has a funny habit of squishing companies like insects on impact if you dont believe me ask voodoo, matrox, and 3dfx

#2 Posted by DISSESHOWEDO (1775 posts) -

well cows it would appear that ony has awoken a rather big angry behemoth. the mighty nvidia has explained today that AMD is not the target of their new nvidia geforce titan 780 graphics card. rather the titan is geared at renderring consoles event next-gen ones weak and petty from the start. their overall plan would be to crush them in terms of raw horsepower overnight and then sell such technology to developers to make it seem rather empty to invest in weaker primitive technology.
http://www.techpowerup.com/179750/It-s-Sony-Not-AMD-in-GeForce-Titan-s-Crosshair.html 

they seem content on crushing next-gen before next-gen happens and then selling the potential to the source of games. sorry cows you may get flattened by a giant green monster before kaz can throw you a rope

i recommend ducking for the nearest shelter cows.. nvidia has a funny habit of squishing companies like insects on impact if you dont believe me ask voodoo, matrox, and 3dfx

ionusX

Yeah a 1000$ GPU will crush 400-500 dedicated to gaming hardware, good luck !

#3 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (9342 posts) -

I can't wait for the Titan, but seriously Nvidia needs to focus on making me give them my money instead of talking trash about consoles.

#4 Posted by clyde46 (47610 posts) -
I don't know where Nivida is going. The 680/70 are really gimped in terms of cuda cores. Maybe this new card will actually be a full blown Kelpher.
#5 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

DISSESHOWEDO

atm on paper its looking to be twice as good. so in reality its worth about the same

#6 Posted by gpuking (3096 posts) -
Good luck selling it to 50 PC die hard while PS4 gamers enjoy a slew of nextgen 1st party exclusives.
#7 Posted by Idontremember (934 posts) -

I don't know where Nivida is going. The 680/70 are really gimped in terms of cuda cores. Maybe this new card will actually be a full blown Kelpher. clyde46

They were the based on the GK104 chip, it wasn't even their high-end GK110.

At least, with the GF100\110, they were in the 470\480\570\580 right from the start and GF104\114, were in the 460\560 and lower too.

It's about time we get to see the TRUE high-end Kepler, and what I sort of consider the true GTX680.

#8 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (5247 posts) -

I don't get it, Nvidia are putting out another expensive high end card, hows that affect Sony?

Also, shouldn't the Geforce x60 (460, 560 and so on) mid range cards that make performance affordable be the competition for consoles.

Even AMDs future Fusion range has to be the main competition to consoles. Highly affordable, ever more powerful APUs. I'm aware that the next gen will use them but a year later more powerful ones will be out already.

It's certainly the x60s and APUs which interest me.

I don't think high end graphics cards affect consoles or the industry, the majority of gamers these days aren't really enthusiasts.

#9 Posted by osirisx3 (2032 posts) -

I bet that gpu will cost as much as ps4 and will only really shine in 1 or 2 games like crysis did.

#10 Posted by Heirren (18981 posts) -
The problem is developers won't even bother upping the assets. Even right now the only difference is higher resolution and effects--the geometry and game design is still relatively the same.
#11 Posted by Bladebri (239 posts) -

I think it's a safe bet that more people will be drawn to a dedicated gaming / media machine where they just plug and play then go buy an expensive video card for a desktop they may not even have at all anymore. 

#12 Posted by fueled-system (6340 posts) -
Well they are an embodiment of sadly some of these blind fans, some of which post on this forum. Just shut up and release it and stop getting cocky
#13 Posted by Animal-Mother (27137 posts) -

[QUOTE="DISSESHOWEDO"]

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

ionusX

atm on paper its looking to be twice as good. so in reality its worth about the same

I'm all for powerful PC hardware. But what reality do you live in. $1000 dollars is still twice that of what consoles are still going to be. Being $1000 does not make it "twice as good" :lol:
#14 Posted by hexashadow13 (5157 posts) -
Someone is pissed consoles didn't go with Nvidia cards this gen. :P
#16 Posted by KungfuKitten (21423 posts) -
[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="DISSESHOWEDO"]

Animal-Mother

I'm all for powerful PC hardware. But what reality do you live in. $1000 dollars is still twice that of what consoles are still going to be. Being $1000 does not make it "twice as good" :lol:

That is actually not exactly true, but we'll see soon after they all played their cards.
#17 Posted by JohnF111 (14122 posts) -
Yeah just like every PC these days crushes consoles yet they seems to keep missing.
#18 Posted by Peredith (2289 posts) -

Nvidia, how about funding some game development to take advantage of that power? I don't plan on spending £1000 for a GPU to play console ports and low budget indie games.

#19 Posted by Animal-Mother (27137 posts) -
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="ionusX"] atm on paper its looking to be twice as good. so in reality its worth about the sameKungfuKitten

That is actually not exactly true, but we'll see soon after they all played their cards.

I understand the concept. But the immediate surface idea i saw was. It's a $1000 dollars so it has to be twice as good.
#20 Posted by GunSmith1_basic (9891 posts) -

Well its meant to crush consoles in graphics performance, not market performanfe. As usual

#21 Posted by Kinthalis (5340 posts) -

Is $1,000 the confirmed price tag?  Seems very steep for a single GPU solution, even if it does perform like an SLI system.

I'd be interested ina  single GPU solutiont o power my 2560x1440 monitor, or for full frame 60 FPS 3D, but it's gotta be priced at aorund $400 less than that.

#22 Posted by Tessellation (8844 posts) -
Nvidia needs to enter the console market
#23 Posted by LadyBlue (3985 posts) -
Nvidia needs to enter the console marketTessellation
I can see it... nvidia optimized games... so gross. :lol:
#24 Posted by KungfuKitten (21423 posts) -
Nvidia needs to enter the console marketTessellation
Why would you move to the mountain when the mountain moves... to... you... It sounded better in my mind. But then my mind is awesum.
#25 Posted by LadyBlue (3985 posts) -
[QUOTE="Tessellation"]Nvidia needs to enter the console marketKungfuKitten
Why would you move to the mountain when the mountain moves... to... you... It sounded better in my mind. But then my mind is awesum.

Si Mahoma no va a la montaña, la montaña va a Mahoma...
#26 Posted by Wasdie (50651 posts) -

I can't wait for the Titan, but seriously Nvidia needs to focus on making me give them my money instead of talking trash about consoles.

FireEmblem_Man

This isn't Nvidia talking trash about console, this is an editorial from TechPowerUp that sounds like it was written by a high school kid that can't see past pretty graphics.

#27 Posted by jhonMalcovich (5290 posts) -

Honestly, low-priced GTX670/680 and ATI´s 8950/70 have better chances to kill consoles than any new 1000$ card. Those card will last for other 2 years and they already are offering better graphics and performance than any nex-gen console will.

#29 Posted by BlbecekBobecek (2740 posts) -

nVidia's crushing PR... yawn

#30 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

[QUOTE="DISSESHOWEDO"]

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

ionusX

Only if games use every ounce of it, which they won't. 

#31 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

Nvidia, how about funding some game development to take advantage of that power? I don't plan on spending £1000 for a GPU to play console ports and low budget indie games.

Peredith

Bingo bango.

Even now with Crysis 3 coming out a 680 will totally max it. What's the point of pushing hardware if the games are playing catch up all the time. Slow down and make some games that truly push every ounce in the cards. Then again you do have idiots upgrading every chance they get

#32 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -
sounds good to me
#33 Posted by musicalmac (23637 posts) -
Oh 3DFX... How fondly I remember your Voodoo 2 in my G3 PowerMac... Unreal ran like a dream. :P
#34 Posted by tormentos (20243 posts) -

ionusX
WTF..:lol: ""Advocates of consoles falsely compare the cost of an entire PC (approaching or crossing $1,000) with a $300 console."" Falsely.? So top of the line GPU aren't $500+ i can buy a TOP not middle or bottom a TOP of the line GPU for less than $400.? But wait if i get one for $400 what do i do with it.? I need a PC for it.? Most top of the line card are power hungry,so a walmart 400 dollar PC with a 400 watts power supply and a single PCIE port will not do. But wait a damn second the winner of this gen is using hardware which perform like 2001 GPU..:lol: This article is so full of sh** is basically pathetic is was written by a 45 year basement nerd who hate consoles.
#35 Posted by Wasdie (50651 posts) -

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

tormentos

WTF..:lol: ""Advocates of consoles falsely compare the cost of an entire PC (approaching or crossing $1,000) with a $300 console."" Falsely.? So top of the line GPU aren't $500+ i can buy a TOP not middle or bottom a TOP of the line GPU for less than $400.? But wait if i get one for $400 what do i do with it.? I need a PC for it.? Most top of the line card are power hungry,so a walmart 400 dollar PC with a 400 watts power supply and a single PCIE port will not do. But wait a damn second the winner of this gen is using hardware which perform like 2001 GPU..:lol: This article is so full of sh** is basically pathetic is was written by a 45 year basement nerd who hate consoles.

As I said, the article sounds like it was written by a high school kid. 

#36 Posted by Krelian-co (13098 posts) -

Good luck selling it to 50 PC die hard while PS4 gamers enjoy a slew of nextgen 1st party exclusives. gpuking

there are some people who actually work in the real world (and are more than 50) that can afford it and don't have to beg to their parents for a console.

#37 Posted by l34052 (3329 posts) -

Its ridiculous to suggest that will happen because the many millions of console gamers the world over wont suddenly ditch their consoles in favour of a complicated and expensive pc no matter what the pc die hards would have you believe.

Sony and indeed MS will be just fine next gen, this is just nvidia tryin to drum up some hype for their next cards.

#38 Posted by clyde46 (47610 posts) -

Its ridiculous to suggest that will happen because the many millions of console gamers the world over wont suddenly ditch their consoles in favour of a complicated and expensive pc no matter what the pc die hards would have you believe.

Sony and indeed MS will be just fine next gen, this is just nvidia tryin to drum up some hype for their next cards.

l34052
You think we actually believe Nvidia's PR hype?
#39 Posted by KillzoneSnake (1868 posts) -

Sounds like a waste of money to me. Who cares if its a stronger GPU, PC optimizing is horrible. Development cost are gonna be way too high next gen. Devs aren't gonna be making avatar quality 1 billion dollar games that take 20 years to make. With PSnext there really is no point to for anything stronger unless you have a problem where 1080p is not enough for a small pc screen :lol::lol:

#40 Posted by Wasdie (50651 posts) -

Sounds like a waste of money to me. Who cares if its a stronger GPU, PC optimizing is horrible. Development cost are gonna be way too high next gen. Devs aren't gonna be making avatar quality 1 billion dollar games that take 20 years to make. With PSnext there really is no point to for anything stronger unless you have a problem where 1080p is not enough for a small pc screen :lol::lol:

KillzoneSnake

Generally throwing more hardware at something is how you get around poor optimization. DX and OpenGL are more optimized than you think. Sony and Microsoft need to focus on insane optimization because they throw weaker hardware in their machines. They have to get the most out of what they got, they can't just upgrade whenever.

As for your last statement, about 1080p on small screens, I'm just confused becuase you make absolutly no sense.

#41 Posted by tormentos (20243 posts) -
As I said, the article sounds like it was written by a high school kid. Wasdie
That require me to change my description,sound to me like a 16 year old virgin nerd that hates consoles. hahaha
#43 Posted by jhonMalcovich (5290 posts) -

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

tormentos

Well,  a 400$ walmart PC with the single PCIE will do. You just need to spend additional 60$ for a 650W power supply.  And, of course, a good video card will cost you additional 340$. You may already get GTX670 for 320$. So it leaves us with a high-range gaming PC for arround 800$, 200$ below of 1k that pc would cost a few years ago. 

This cost can be pushed even lower if you custombuild it by yourselves.

#44 Posted by daveg1 (20343 posts) -
a good card now will be better than the next gen consoles..
#45 Posted by KillzoneSnake (1868 posts) -

[QUOTE="KillzoneSnake"]

Wasdie

Generally throwing more hardware at something is how you get around poor optimization. DX and OpenGL are more optimized than you think. Sony and Microsoft need to focus on insane optimization because they throw weaker hardware in their machines. They have to get the most out of what they got, they can't just upgrade whenever.

As for your last statement, about 1080p on small screens, I'm just confused becuase you make absolutly no sense.

Maybe it was hard to understand. Let me explain... next gen PC games will not look better than PSnext games. You can run what ever multiplat game you want on a future PC at higher res than 1080p and people will not care cuz normal ppl cant tell the difference. No one is gonna make a real time avartar quality game for PC that would cost a billion to make and half our life span xD

This is it bro. Buy 2 680's or buy the 780, it wont matter anymore :P COD 25 can run at 1555555266x4484158 res and i still wont tell the difference lolol

#46 Posted by aroxx_ab (10799 posts) -

To bad PC gamers not get much use for that superior hardware when all they get is console ports. See Dead space 3 for an example, devs/EA do not want to make PC versior any better than console versions, they want do same experience on all systems :lol:

I think it just fine to use some midrange/old graphic card to be on pair with consoles...

#47 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

DISSESHOWEDO

This. I'm laughing my ass off at this stupidity. 

#48 Posted by jhonMalcovich (5290 posts) -

a good card now will be better than the next gen consoles..daveg1

Actually yes. A 400$ walmart PC specs destroy anything next gen will have regarding CPU´s cores and clocks, DDR memory and HD storage. The only thing they lack is a good power supply and video card. 

Well... what I am trying to say is that the gaming power of PCs always resides in its powerful video cards.

#49 Posted by Chutebox (38346 posts) -

[QUOTE="DISSESHOWEDO"]

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

ionusX

missed the point...
#50 Posted by GioVela2010 (4301 posts) -
Thought it was supposed to cost around $700