Numerical proof that the PS4 has no games

#251 Posted by cainetao11 (16462 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@cainetao11 said:

@_Matt_ said:

Wait, isn't the PS4 attach rate slightly higher than the Xbox One attach rate? Thus PS4 owners buy more games? So yes perhaps the PS4 has no games, but neither does the XBO at this point, may as well mention them both :P

EDIT:

PS4 attach rate - 2.93

Xbox One attach rate - 2.90

link

Good point. But that .03 difference cracks me up. Its like 10 pixels of a game. But at least they're in 1080p on PS4, I guess LOL

Yeah the difference is pretty much none existent, I just decided to throw that out there and stir things up more :)

LOL that's why I said the 1080p comment!! No bites though

#252 Posted by lostrib (32987 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@cainetao11 said:

@_Matt_ said:

Wait, isn't the PS4 attach rate slightly higher than the Xbox One attach rate? Thus PS4 owners buy more games? So yes perhaps the PS4 has no games, but neither does the XBO at this point, may as well mention them both :P

EDIT:

PS4 attach rate - 2.93

link

Good point. But that .03 difference cracks me up. Its like 10 pixels of a game. But at least they're in 1080p on PS4, I guess LOL

Yeah the difference is pretty much none existent, I just decided to throw that out there and stir things up more :)

That's because the X1 can do games in 1080p. Just look at Forza 5, you scrub!

#253 Posted by charizard1605 (55330 posts) -

@santoron said:

Terrible thread, even for the low bar set for troll threads. About three games sold per system in the first five months. Same as the XB1. Just how many games do you expect the average consumer to buy a year?

The real story here is the 3DS. An attach rate of only 3.5 three years into launch? Now there's something for Char to chew on awhile.

Handhelds have historically had low attach rates (DS being the only exception). Try again brah. xD

#254 Posted by princeofshapeir (13628 posts) -

@santoron said:

Terrible thread, even for the low bar set for troll threads. About three games sold per system in the first five months. Same as the XB1. Just how many games do you expect the average consumer to buy a year?

The real story here is the 3DS. An attach rate of only 3.5 three years into launch? Now there's something for Char to chew on awhile.

Handhelds have historically had low attach rates (DS being the only exception). Try again brah. xD

xD

#255 Posted by charizard1605 (55330 posts) -

I know you detest me, I only wish I knew why. It keeps me up at night, you know, thinking about princeofshapeir taking issue with so many things that I post on System Wars :(

#256 Posted by MonsieurX (29173 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

@MonsieurX: nobody cares about your gamespot bubble only your daddy

Titanfall didn't flop

TLOU did.

Cry more

#257 Posted by cainetao11 (16462 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@cainetao11 said:

@_Matt_ said:

@cainetao11 said:

@_Matt_ said:

EDIT:

PS4 attach rate - 2.93

link

That's because the X1 can do games in 1080p. Just look at Forza 5, you scrub!

LOL @lostrib "Why do you say this to me? When you know I will kill you for it."-Terrance Stamp, the true ZOD!

#258 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1229 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

lol

with all due respect, 90% of those are indie dlc games....and those don't count, this isn't pc.

#259 Edited by nini200 (9453 posts) -

Char has owned soooo many cows in this thread it's not even funny... To them LOL

Charizard: The PS4 has very little games. Why is this so? *after showing loads of proof*

Cows response: Well the X1 doesn't have games either... The WiiU, wait, what's a WiiU? Um, well 1080P and 4K resolution, no um, but 6 months after the WiiU, The X1 sucks XP

Me: *Crying laughing at all the deflections from the cows* LOL

#260 Posted by aroxx_ab (9204 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

lol

with all due respect, 90% of those are indie dlc games....and those don't count, this isn't pc.

If indie games dont count, hermits have no games to play

#261 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1229 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@Gue1 said:

lol

If indie games dont count, hermits have no games to play

I have been saying that for years lol, and I don't think RTS games count either.

#262 Edited by Priapus10101 (65 posts) -

I agree with TC. There are limited games worth buying on Xbone/PS4 and none that will convince me to buy either system at this current time. The Wii U on the other hand has a much more impressive library with stellar games and backwards compatibility with Wii games.

#263 Posted by santoron (7623 posts) -

@charizard1605: none so low as the 3DS. Now, how about you find me a console that has a demonstrably higher attach rate five months in than the PS4 or XB1?

Your trolling is getting worse, brah.

#264 Posted by charizard1605 (55330 posts) -

@santoron said:

@charizard1605: none so low as the 3DS. Now, how about you find me a console that has a demonstrably higher attach rate five months in than the PS4 or XB1?

PSP and original Gameboy both have a worse attach rate than 3DS... as does GBA, I believe.

And I did. It's called Wii U, I linked to the numbers on the second page of the thread :-3

#265 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (6818 posts) -

Attach rates really don't reflect the quality of the library so much as the type of gamer the system attracts. Mostly hardcore gamers are buying the Wii U. The PS4/Xbone are mostly attracting the casual crowd that buys games like COD/Madden and nothing else.

#266 Edited by Cloud_imperium (2208 posts) -

@Gue1 :

Hmmm , lets see .

Trine 2 = multiplatform , Super Motherload = Multiplatform , Sound Shapes (PS Vita Game on PS4) , Contrast = Multiplatform , Flower (4 years late port from PS3 to PS4) , Knack = Crap , Killzone = Crap , Injustice = Multiplatform ,DC Universe Online = Multiplatform , Warframe = Late port from PC , Backlight Retribution = Late port from PC , Skylanders : Swap force = Multiplatform , Resogun = Cool game (but ponies hate indies , don't they .?) , Need for Speed : Rivals = Multiplatform , NBA 2k14 = Multiplatform , Madden NFL 25 = Multiplatform , Lego Marvel Super Heroes = Multiplatform , Just Dance 2014 (Really .?) = Multiplatform , FIFA 14 = Multiplatform , Call of Duty : Ghosts (We are bragging about COD now .?) = Multiplatform , Battlefield 4 (Lead platform PC) = Multiplatform , AC 4 : Black Flag = Multiplatform , Angry Birds Star Wars = Multiplatform , NBA Live 14 = Multiplatform , Escape Plan = Late port from PS Vita , Tiny Brains (Can't even find what the hell that thing is but whatever it is , it is not exclusive) , Doki Doki Universe (Same here) , Flow (never heard of it) , The Pinball Arcade (Lol) , Don't Starve = Late port from PC , Tomb Raider : DE = Multiplatform , still looks better on PC , Outlast = Late port from PC , Dead Nation = Multiplatform , Putty Squad (BAHAHAHAHA , a port of 1994 SNES game) , Towerfall Accension = Late port from OUYA , MGS : GZ = Multiplatform Glorified Demo , Stealth = Multiplatform , Steamworld Dig = Multiplatform , Dynasty Warrior = Multiplatform , Infamous (Looks boring but debatable) , Fez = Late port from PC and Xbox , Mercenary Kings = Late port from PC .

Octodad , King , Cell Damage , Pure Chess , That Trivia Game , Spiderman , Daylight , Lego Hobbit , Strike Suit Zero , Trails , Child of Light , Final Fantasy , Watch Dogs , MLB , Bound by Flames , Transistor , Wolfestein = All Multiplatforms .

Exclusives : Killzone , Infamous , Resogun , The mighty Knack .

#267 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2208 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames: Ya , anything that is not possible on consoles doesn't count right .? If RTS doesn't count then I would say Action games doesn't count either . Now what you have on consoles apart from Action games again apart from Forza and GT .? Not much .

RTS games are awesome , anyone who hates them is either ignorant or too afraid to play it . I am not even huge RTS fan , yet I do play some of them that are really cool , like COH , Total War , Starcraft , World in Conflict etc .

As far as other exclusives apart from RTS go ; Shadow Warrior (FPS) , Hard Reset (FPS) , Witcher (Western RPG) , The Book of Unwritten Tales(Adventure Game) , X 3 Terran Conflict (Space Sim) , Amnesia : The Dark Decent (Horror), Black Mesa (Half Life HD Remake) , Crysis Warhead and so on . None of them are small indie games like Minecraft , Resogun or Don't Starve etc that PS4 owners are so proud of .

On other hand Halo , Gears , Uncharted , god of war , are all action games with QTEs .

#268 Posted by xhawk27 (7206 posts) -

Are you counting Indies, PC games, Free-to-play games, and PS3 ports?

#269 Edited by santoron (7623 posts) -

@santoron said:

PSP and original Gameboy both have a worse attach rate than 3DS... as does GBA, I believe.

And I did. It's called Wii U, I linked to the numbers on the second page of the thread :-3

Well, this list of Nintendo Attach rates disagrees with you on both the the original GB and the GBA, both coming in comfortably ahead of the 3DS to date.

PSP has been harder to find recent enough data from a reliable source. The closest reference was nearly a year ago and listed PSP at 3.61, which again would edge out the 3DS, but they're close. If it keeps chugging along it should get there someday.

So which tired sw meme shall we apply to this embarrassing development? Does the 3DS have no games? That's your attach rate argument, after all. Or do 3DS owners simply talk about great games instead of buying them? Inquiring minds...

As for the WiiU... yeah, well name ANOTHER ONE! :/

#270 Posted by charizard1605 (55330 posts) -
@santoron said:

@charizard1605 said:

@santoron said:

Well, this list of Nintendo Attach rates disagrees with you on both the the original GB and the GBA, both coming in comfortably ahead of the 3DS to date.

PSP has been harder to find recent enough data from a reliable source. The closest reference was nearly a year ago and listed PSP at 3.61, which again would edge out the 3DS, but they're close. If it keeps chugging along it should get there someday.

So which tired sw meme shall we apply to this embarrassing development? Does the 3DS have no games? That's your attach rate argument, after all. Or do 3DS owners simply talk about great games instead of buying them? Inquiring minds...

As for the WiiU... yeah, well name ANOTHER ONE! :/

I find that quite interesting (and genuinely did not know that), so thanks for linking me to that!

As for why it's happening, if you want my honest opinion, I think it's because, today more than ever before, a lot of 3DSs are sold to an audience that probably wants to play Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, and is genuinely not interested in, or willing to spend money on, the rest of the 3DS's admittedly rich lineup (and the attach rates do seem to support the theory).

If we are to apply SW memes, I have a new one! It's because lol3DS only has Mario, and Mario related shit, and there's only so many times you can buy Mario before you get tired of it.

(to answer your last question, it becomes increasingly hard to find concrete numbers the further back you go- generally, Nintendo does report its cumulative software and hardware sales the best out of the three, because they don't have other divisions to obfuscate the numbers, but even there, I can't find anything prior to the Wii launch; the closest thing I have been able to find is the Xbox 360, which apparently had an attach rate of 4 in the US four months after launch. But given that I already gave you one pretty good example, I think I should get a pass on this one =P)

#271 Posted by melonfarmerz (1072 posts) -

@melonfarmerz said:

So, PC has a sh*t ton of Indie trash. Wow nice.

Keep begging for GTA V though

Way to read my post... LOL. You're actually beyond retarded. I hope you realize that from January to May, the only non indie PS4 exclusive you got was SS.

Out of curiosity, do you have any reason why PS4 is better other than exclusives? Because you are a sad broken record, online 24 hours a day, trying to get everyone's attention that you have better exclusives. Yet, in 5 months, all you've gotten is SS. The only pro PS4 argument you have is highly subjective and opinionated. Ever heard about the Allegory of the Cave?

Lol hermits are so weak.

Both have indie trash, PC takes the crown though.

It's not because you have the most garbage that you have somehow a better library of games.

Keep begging for RDR and GTA V though, PC gaming beggar race

I ask if you have any argument other than exclusives and you keep telling me about your exclusives, which again, are opinionated as fuck. You're an idiot. You also don't have a PC. So you should probably stop talking shit about something you don't own.

#272 Edited by santoron (7623 posts) -

If we are to apply SW memes, I have a new one! It's because lol3DS only has Mario, and Mario related shit, and there's only so many times you can buy Mario before you get tired of it.

I gotta admit, that sounds a lot like SW! ;P

And yeah, your XBox example is pretty solid IMO, though not really necessary since WiiU. I'm honestly rather surprised to see such high attach rates close to launch. With 8-10 being about the norm for attach rates for a console over its entire life, it seems weird to see some systems selling so many launch titles, when the offerings are often limited and of rather dubious quality. I'm guessing it has something to do with the kind of gamer that goes for launch systems, and the PS4 and XB1 being limited by the number of cross gen titles available.

TL,DR? I R Owned, all hail WiiU. PS4 suxxxors.

#273 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

It really has no games. I just use it as a blu ray player. It's like the cheapest BP you can buy.

#274 Posted by PSP107 (11665 posts) -

lol@ early adopters.

#275 Edited by WallofTruth (1323 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

@melonfarmerz said:

Hey man. I hate to be that guy but... (and before you say "most of them are indies", you should probably realize 90% of the PS4 games coming out are indies I've never heard of.)

So yes, relatively, the PS4 statistically "has no games"

Way to read my post... LOL. You're actually beyond retarded. I hope you realize that from January to May, the only non indie PS4 exclusive you got was SS.

Out of curiosity, do you have any reason why PS4 is better other than exclusives? Because you are a sad broken record, online 24 hours a day, trying to get everyone's attention that you have better exclusives. Yet, in 5 months, all you've gotten is SS. The only pro PS4 argument you have is highly subjective and opinionated. Ever heard about the Allegory of the Cave?

Just don't bother with him, he can never handle the facts.

#276 Posted by Suppaman100 (3693 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

@melonfarmerz said:

Lol hermits are so weak.

Both have indie trash, PC takes the crown though.

It's not because you have the most garbage that you have somehow a better library of games.

Keep begging for RDR and GTA V though, PC gaming beggar race

I ask if you have any argument other than exclusives and you keep telling me about your exclusives, which again, are opinionated as fuck. You're an idiot. You also don't have a PC. So you should probably stop talking shit about something you don't own.

Lol fool, I have a gaming PC and unlike you I can handle the truth. If PC has so many good games, why can't it win GOTY these last years?

Now go back to crying hermit

#277 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2555 posts) -

remember the last time people made fun of Sony's console for lacking games early on?

remember how that turned out?

And Sony couldn't pay people to take ps3's the first year it was out.

#278 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2555 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@Shewgenja said:

OP, we are six months into a console generation that up til six months ago, we were all told was going to be the death of console gaming and we would all need to bow down to our Android/iPad overlords. Developers and publishers had no idea that these machines, and definitely the PS4, would take off like a rocket headed for Mars.

Lots of the best titles have come out for Gen7 machines, not Gen8, because it takes well over a year to develop these games and next-gen budgets may have been looked at as far too risky. Developers don't just flip a switch and then PS4/XBone/WiiU disks start flying off of assembly lines manned by fairies and elves. It takes planning and strategy to put these games out and the game makers simply have not had quite enough time to react to the overwhelming demand for these next-gen systems.

I get that you would want to see instant returns on a 4-500 dollar purchase and in an ideal world, every publisher would have been ready to bury us with videogames for these things, but that has N-E-V-E-R happened with a new generation of consoles. Not ever. Not everty ever. That's not how the industry works. So, while (maybe not you specifically) some people have been bashing on PS4 for "Indie games and nothing else" it is precisely the indie developers who are small enough and agile enough to come out with regular game releases to keep people playing on their new toys.

People, please, try to remember these things are six months old before talking out of your ass. I mean that with all due respect.

But I am also telling you that no other console has had an attach rate this low (or as low as the XBO's) six months after launch. The Wii U, the thing that launched with no games and cratered at retail, had an attach ratio of over three just 45 days after launch, and it only went up from there. Consoles (or handhelds, even) almost never have attach ratios this low, not even close to launch. That excuse won't fly.

Yes it will. Wii software is nothing like WiiU software. There's no previous gen analog for it the same way that 360 is similar to Xbone or the PS4 is similar to the PS3. Nintendo had to come up with a bevvy of first party titles to even launch the thing but MS and Sony are in no such similar position due to their third party ties.

Think of it another way. If inFamous and Driveclub weren't delayed, BAM, there's your attach rate delivered on a silver platter. Obviously, Sony doesn't operate under the same commercial pressure as the other guys and it affords them the luxury of having better games in the long run.

Infamous was never delayed. Any belief that Infamous was a launch title was pure assumption on the part of the consumer.

#279 Posted by melonfarmerz (1072 posts) -

@Suppaman100: I asked you "I ask if you have any argument other than exclusives and you keep telling me about your exclusives, which again, are opinionated as fuck". You have dodged the question for the 5th time in a row. So I'm taking that as a no. You have no other arguments.