Numerical proof that the PS4 has no games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@elpresador-911 said:

knack is a fucking masterpiece, probably the Super Mario galaxy of the 8th gen

Secretly, Princess Toadstool wishes Knack would come to save her.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45061 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

Your numerical proof lacks any sound reasoning unfortunately. First off, if you wanted to convince me, you would show the numbers compared to other consoles. Secondly, how many games do you think people play in a matter of 5 months? Common sense wins again.

The other numbers are all in this thread, feel free to read them up and compare them.

Secondly, this is actually historically the lowest (along with Xbox One) that a console's attach ratio has been five months after launch, so there is a clear l ack of games on these two machines.

You didn't include any link besides the PS Blog one which doesn't show what you just said.

2.9 games per PS4 is pretty remarkable considering we just started next gen and last gen is still going very strong (many people owe more than 1 console).

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#53 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

Nope.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#54  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Shewgenja said:

OP, we are six months into a console generation that up til six months ago, we were all told was going to be the death of console gaming and we would all need to bow down to our Android/iPad overlords. Developers and publishers had no idea that these machines, and definitely the PS4, would take off like a rocket headed for Mars.

Lots of the best titles have come out for Gen7 machines, not Gen8, because it takes well over a year to develop these games and next-gen budgets may have been looked at as far too risky. Developers don't just flip a switch and then PS4/XBone/WiiU disks start flying off of assembly lines manned by fairies and elves. It takes planning and strategy to put these games out and the game makers simply have not had quite enough time to react to the overwhelming demand for these next-gen systems.

I get that you would want to see instant returns on a 4-500 dollar purchase and in an ideal world, every publisher would have been ready to bury us with videogames for these things, but that has N-E-V-E-R happened with a new generation of consoles. Not ever. Not everty ever. That's not how the industry works. So, while (maybe not you specifically) some people have been bashing on PS4 for "Indie games and nothing else" it is precisely the indie developers who are small enough and agile enough to come out with regular game releases to keep people playing on their new toys.

People, please, try to remember these things are six months old before talking out of your ass. I mean that with all due respect.

But I am also telling you that no other console has had an attach rate this low (or as low as the XBO's) six months after launch. The WiiU, the thing that launched with no games and cratered at retail, had an attach ratio of over three just 45 days after launch, and it only went up from there. Consoles (or handhelds, even) almost never have attach ratios this low, not even close to launch. That excuse won't fly.

Yes it will. Wii software is nothing like WiiU software. There's no previous gen analog for it the same way that 360 is similar to Xbone or the PS4 is similar to the PS3. Nintendo had to come up with a bevvy of first party titles to even launch the thing but MS and Sony are in no such similar position due to their third party ties.

Think of it another way. If inFamous and Driveclub weren't delayed, BAM, there's your attach rate delivered on a silver platter. Obviously, Sony doesn't operate under the same commercial pressure as the other guys and it affords them the luxury of having better games in the long run.

I am not for even a single moment contesting anything what you are saying... simply because it does not contradict what I am saying. I am saying PS4 is selling in spite of a very clear lack of games. You are explaining why it is selling in spite of a lack of games, and why there is a lack of games in the first place. Which is fine, I know the reasons, anyone with half a brain does, anyone with half a brain also knows five years from now the PS4 will have a formidable library. Great! But as of right now, the thing sells on fumes, and it looks like you don't disagree with me, in which case there is no argument to be had.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#55  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@elpresador-911 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Dumbest thread ever.

What am I popping in a magical BF4 disc everytime I start up my goddamn PS4

A game available on four other platforms.

Animal, you of all people should know that 'no games' doesn't mean a literal no games. Everything launches with some games, the Virtual Boy, the Jaguar, the 3DO all had games. The question is whether there is actually any compelling content worth giving a damn about, and outside of maybe inFamous? There doesn't seem to be much on the PS4, really.

Your trolling needs a bit of work.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@SolidGame_basic said:

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

Your numerical proof lacks any sound reasoning unfortunately. First off, if you wanted to convince me, you would show the numbers compared to other consoles. Secondly, how many games do you think people play in a matter of 5 months? Common sense wins again.

The other numbers are all in this thread, feel free to read them up and compare them.

Secondly, this is actually historically the lowest (along with Xbox One) that a console's attach ratio has been five months after launch, so there is a clear l ack of games on these two machines.

You didn't include any link besides the PS Blog one which doesn't show what you just said.

2.9 games per PS4 is pretty remarkable considering we just started next gen and last gen is still going very strong (many people owe more than 1 console).

Here's a link showing that the Wii U attach rate was at 4 less than forty five days after launch.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

remember the last time people made fun of Sony's console for lacking games early on?

remember how that turned out?

The PS Vita? Yes, I do. Damn thing still has no games.

Ouch Lol too much ownage

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#58 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49567 Posts

@Gue1 said:

lol

The Xbox is really slacking in the indie department.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59  Edited By clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

The PS4 may be selling gangbusters at retail, but it has managed to move little to no software units at all, further reinforcing the notion that this console is selling on hype alone- there actually aren't any games that warrant this level of success yet.

For 7 million PS4 units sold, 20.5 million units of software have been cumulatively sold, both at retail and on the PSN Store- that's less than 3 games per console, meaning most folks probably buy their system and then just leave it there, with no games actually warranting a play.

SOURCE

When will the PS4 get some games?

They're picking and choosing the games they buy and play the free ones from PSN. Wolfenstein, Bound By Blood, Dying Light, Destiny & many others that are coming will raise the software sales.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@elpresador-911 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Dumbest thread ever.

Animal, you of all people should know that 'no games' doesn't mean a literal no games. Everything launches with some games, the Virtual Boy, the Jaguar, the 3DO all had games. The question is whether there is actually any compelling content worth giving a damn about, and outside of maybe inFamous? There doesn't seem to be much on the PS4, really.

Trying too hard,are we?

Elpresador-911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#61 Elpresador-911
Member since 2013 • 1096 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

@elpresador-911 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Dumbest thread ever.

Trying too hard,are we?

so you dont agree that ps4 makes the best games?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Shewgenja

@charizard1605 said:

I am not for even a single moment contesting anything what you are saying... simply because it does not contradict what I am saying. I am saying PS4 is selling in spite of a very clear lack of games. You are explaining why it is selling in spite of a lack of games, and why there is a lack of games in the first place. Which is fine, I know the reasons, anyone with half a brain does, anyone with half a brain also knows five years from now the PS4 will have a formidable library. Great! But as of right now, the thing sells on fumes, and it looks like you don't disagree with me, in which case there is no argument to be had.

Well, it does have games, though. It has some good ones. If you own a Gen8 console, though (minus the WiiU, since the Wii is dead), then it is likely the Corvette or 370Z you drive on weekends while your Gen7 console is still the every day driver. It's not going to take four years to make it formidable, either. Every major publisher and developer is on-board now. Remember, it took a year for Xbox 360 to reach a little over 9.5 million sales. PS4 has pushed over 7 in HALF of that time.

This is not going to be as painful a transition for gamers as last gen was. It is, as you say, not hitting hard and fast yet. Sadly, we can thank the WiiUs terribad start for some of that. Lots of industry analysts based a lukewarm Gen8 reception based on how poorly the WiiU launched.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 MonsieurX

@elpresador-911 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@elpresador-911 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Dumbest thread ever.

Trying too hard,are we?

Let's see

Knack

KZ:SF

Infamous

nope

Elpresador-911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Elpresador-911

@MonsieurX: you forgot console exclusive FF14

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By nini200
@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

Here's a link showing that the Wii U attach rate was at 4 less than forty five days after launch.

O.O

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 clr84651

@MonsieurX said:

@elpresador-911 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@elpresador-911 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Dumbest thread ever.

Trying too hard,are we?

Let's see

Knack

KZ:SF

Infamous

nope

It's early on, better games to come. People don't buy a console to only play the games that come out in the first year.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 SolidGame_basic

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

So now you want to compare 45 day data to 5 month data? lol I think I'm going to take a break from your posts. I smell troll bait. You used to do much better than this!

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 MonsieurX

@clr84651 said:

It's early on, better games to come. People don't buy a console to only play the games that come out in the first year.

Then why buy it now?

@elpresador-911 said:

"console exclusive"

lolz

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

@Gue1 said:

lol

lol tc got owned. Saving this image.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Shewgenja

Lots of friends and people I know bought a next-gen system for stuff like Watch Dogs. Since PS4s aren't exactly easy to find, they buy one when they can get it and wait for the games to come in while doing most of their gaming on PS3 or 360.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#71  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

Charizard is still making bad threads it seems. Probably jelly of Sony's success last generation and is in denial.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@SolidGame_basic said:

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

So now you want to compare 45 day data to 5 month data? lol I think I'm going to take a break from your posts. I smell troll bait. You used to do much better than this!

I'm not understanding- you realize attach rates go up with time, and not down? You realize that if I pulled up Wii U data from 5 months in, it would make the PS4 look even worse, that I am doing the PS4 a favor here?

But you know what, here's one from June 30, 2013. We're still at an attach rate of over 4 at this point mind you, and now we're seven months into the console's launch.

What's your next excuse?

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 clr84651

@charizard1605 said:

The PS4 may be selling gangbusters at retail, but it has managed to move little to no software units at all, further reinforcing the notion that this console is selling on hype alone- there actually aren't any games that warrant this level of success yet.

For 7 million PS4 units sold, 20.5 million units of software have been cumulatively sold, both at retail and on the PSN Store- that's less than 3 games per console, meaning most folks probably buy their system and then just leave it there, with no games actually warranting a play.

SOURCE

When will the PS4 get some games?

It's getting them. The same thing was said about the PS3. Fans of other systems always do this to PS consoles every time one releases. I realize it's surprising for me to tell you that games take 1-3 years to develop. Don't get too shocked by me telling you this. You act as if it should already have over a hundred disc games.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By nini200

@MonsieurX said:

@clr84651 said:

Then why buy it now?

@elpresador-911 said:

"console exclusive"

lolz

The savagery continues through MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Shewgenja said:

@charizard1605 said:

Well, it does have games, though. It has some good ones. If you own a Gen8 console, though (minus the WiiU, since the Wii is dead), then it is likely the Corvette or 370Z you drive on weekends while your Gen7 console is still the every day driver. It's not going to take four years to make it formidable, either. Every major publisher and developer is on-board now. Remember, it took a year for Xbox 360 to reach a little over 9.5 million sales. PS4 has pushed over 7 in HALF of that time.

This is not going to be as painful a transition for gamers as last gen was. It is, as you say, not hitting hard and fast yet. Sadly, we can thank the WiiUs terribad start for some of that. Lots of industry analysts based a lukewarm Gen8 reception based on how poorly the WiiU launched.

Sure it does! If you don't already own an Xbox 360/PS3/Xbox One, or PC though. Most of its good games are already on other platforms. That is my point- no compelling exclusive content yet.

And yes, I do agree with your overall point- all said and done, this generation will see very healthy software sales, because now we have three established ecosystems with none of the growing pains (Xbox, PlayStation, Steam). I'm not contesting that! But as it stands now, the PS4 hardware is clearly outpacing PS4 software.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By clr84651

@charizard1605 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

remember the last time people made fun of Sony's console for lacking games early on?

And you have no brains to bash a console that has only been out for 5 months for not having a lot of games yet. LOL!

So go get yourself a brain so it can tell you that it takes time for games to get developed. Then you'll see things clearly as you should. LOL!

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Shewgenja

@charizard1605 said:

Sure it does! If you don't already own an Xbox 360/PS3/Xbox One, or PC though. Most of its good games are already on other platforms. That is my point- no compelling exclusive content yet.

And yes, I do agree with your overall point- all said and done, this generation will see very healthy software sales, because now we have three established ecosystems with none of the growing pains (Xbox, PlayStation, Steam). I'm not contesting that! But as it stands now, the PS4 hardware is clearly outpacing PS4 software.

I guess I agree with that. It's really crazy to see a console sell simply because people don't think there will be one on a store shelf when the game they really want for it launches. It is a real thing. Even outside of the hardcore super devout fanbases, but actual people I know see it that way. I can't really speak for the XBone fans, though. I only have two friends that have one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@clr84651 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

And you have no brains to bash a console that has only been out for 5 months for not having a lot of games yet. LOL!

Seriously, read what Nengo said. Read what I said.

Now, carefully think about this, and riddle me this: how the **** did what you just say follow at all from what we were talking about? If you wanted to make an unprovoked ad hominem, then dude, do it, why the **** would you pointlessly quote those posts?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By MonsieurX

@xboxdone74 said:

@Gue1 said:

lol

Buy a new console for indies and multiplats,yay!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Shewgenja said:

@charizard1605 said:

I guess I agree with that. It's really crazy to see a console sell simply because people don't think there will be one on a store shelf when the game they really want for it launches. It is a real thing. Even outside of the hardcore super devout fanbases, but actual people I know see it that way. I can't really speak for the XBone fans, though. I only have two friends that have one.

It's happened before, though- it happened with the PS2, it happened with the Wii. Of course, the scale of the PS4's sales here outpaces either of those, but it has happened before. It's fascinating to watch.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

I'm not understanding- you realize attach rates go up with time, and not down? You realize that if I pulled up Wii U data from 5 months in, it would make the PS4 look even worse, that I am doing the PS4 a favor here?

But you know what, here's one from June 30, 2013. We're still at an attach rate of over 4 at this point mind you, and now we're seven months into the console's launch.

What's your next excuse?

Dude, you made a very bold statement in the OP. Saying that the Wii U's attach rate is higher is meaningless. It's apples and oranges. I was simply attacking your method of persuasion, I didn't even actually get into the facts.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#82 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@GreySeal9: Is Killzone 2 still worth playing?

And yeah, I hear all sort of awful things about it campaign. People say that Killzone Mercenary has a better campaign and that one is straight shit, so ShadowFall has to be horrendous.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Someone lead the sheep back to their cages already.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@SolidGame_basic said:

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

What's your next excuse?

Dude, you made a very bold statement in the OP. Saying that the Wii U's attach rate is higher is meaningless. It's apples and oranges.

So now the Wii U comparison doesn't apply, when it clearly demonstrates that your counter argument was wrong?

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#85 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

Aint titanfall basically a 360 game anyway just with better lighting a textures. The work respawn put into the X1 version was minimal at best. It looks like they're using the MW2 engine. Is this what next gen multiplayer is suppose to look like?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@jdc6305 said:

Aint titanfall basically a 360 game anyway just with better lighting a textures. The work respawn put into the X1 version was minimal at best. It looks like they're using the MW2 engine. Is this what next gen multiplayer is suppose to look like?

...?

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Eddie-Vedder said:

TC got owned and should feel bad.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#88 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@Blabadon said:

And yeah, I hear all sort of awful things about it campaign. People say that Killzone Mercenary has a better campaign and that one is straight shit, so ShadowFall has to be horrendous.

Killzone 2 is brilliant.

And Shadow Fall isn't really THAT bad, it's just... bland. The shooting feels good, but there's just no spark.

Sorry guys, I know that question was for GreySeal really :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
@Krelian-co said:

@Eddie-Vedder said:

TC got owned and should feel bad.

Sony Delusion Continuation

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

And yet I've been playing a bunch of stuff on it. Must be my imagination.

SteXmaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#91  Edited By SteXmaN
Member since 2012 • 550 Posts

Infamous Saints Row V is a freaking masterpiece,don't dare to say that PS4 has no games

Elpresador-911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Elpresador-911

@_Matt_ said:

@Blabadon said:

Killzone 2 is brilliant.

And Shadow Fall isn't really THAT bad, it's just... bland. The shooting feels good, but there's just no spark.

Sorry guys, I know that question was for GreySeal really :P

Guerilla ruined the singleplayer by making it way too open. They should have stuck to making it linear like KZ2/KZ3, imho

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#93 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@_Matt_: It's okay, we were talking about the dull shooter that is BioShock Infinite this morning, I trust your opinion.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

@elpresador-911 said:

PC?

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

@xboxdone74 said:

@Gue1 said:

lol

But at least WoW won goty in '04.

Elpresador-911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Elpresador-911

@xboxdone74 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@xboxdone74 said:

@Gue1 said:

lol

lmao, monsuer destroyed

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#97 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

And the Wii U has an attachment rate of slightly over 5? Kinda sad for ps4/xbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@intotheminx said:

@elpresador-911 said:

PC?

PS3?

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

Anyway, the OP is right, no matter how you try to spin it. Less people are buying games at this time then they were last generation. I always felt like this was too soon for new consoles to be released and it's kind of showing. Things will pick up with time, though.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 MonsieurX

@elpresador-911 said:

@xboxdone74 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@xboxdone74 said:

@Gue1 said:

lol

lmao, monsuer destroyed

Not sure how is this relevant