NPD prediction thread (update: numbers are in!!)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

ok gentlemen make your predictions, npd results will be release in a few hours.

i think ps4 will have sold more than x1 through out 2013. ps4 at 2.5m and x1 at 2.1m

dont get it twisted lems the only reason its even close it because ps4 are not readily available like x1 is

wii u - who cares, its dead

rules - only those that make predictions can serve said ownage.

here are the numbers for 2013 for euro countries, maybe this will help u when making prediction because m$ claims to have sold 3m and sony 4.2m

uk: ps4- 530k, x1- 364k

germany: ps4-250k, x1-100k

spain: ps4-157k, x1-35k

numbers released at 6:30pm est

*update: Xbox One and Xbox 360 were the top selling consoles for each generation in the US in December. 908k (Xbox One) and 643k (Xbox 360).

"According to the latest NPD report, PlayStation 4 remains the cumulative leader for next gen console sales in the US since the launch on November 15," said Sony's senior director of corporate communications, Dan Race.

ps4 sold an estimated 865k in dec

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/445719/npd-xbox-one-tops-us-hardware-sales-in-december/

3DS, the best selling system of 2013--not just December

"Hardware sales of the Wii U were also positive with December 2013 marking its highest month for unit sales month so far," NPD analyst Liam Callahan noted. Guess having great games does sell hardware, huh?

wiiu sold an estimated 400k

http://www.shacknews.com/article/826...-3ds-comes-out

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ghostwarrior786

come on lems, be brave. face the music

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ghostwarrior786

@Desmonic said:

TC, I'll laugh so much at this thread if that backfires.

the only people who can claim ownage is those who make predictions. if they are not brave enough to make one their ownage is worthless

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

I have already gone on record and said The One would outsell the PauperStation4 in NA so I am ready to either crow or eat it.

Lets go!

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ghostwarrior786

@kuu2 said:

I have already gone on record and said The One would outsell the PauperStation4 in NA so I am ready to either crow or eat it.

Lets go!

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ghostwarrior786

@Desmonic said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Desmonic said:

TC, I'll laugh so much at this thread if that backfires.

the only people who can claim ownage is those who make predictions. if they are not brave enough to make one their ownage is worthless

Ownage and laughing at backfiring threads are two very different things ;) IF it happens of course. I've even heard some buzz around the web that the WiiU performed great during December. Time will tell I suppose.

oh ok i see. in that case yes everyone can go ahead and laugh at me if it backfires but it wont. sony always delivers. wiiu joking aside will have its best month of the year.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

If it's close cows will make excuses, if PS4 is ahead cows will claim the X1 is finished....that's my prediction.

LOL!! Pretty much. No matter what happens, we can all expect excuses and damage control throughout this thread if it stays active. As long as both systems keep selling millions, I'm happy.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@blackace said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

If it's close cows will make excuses, if PS4 is ahead cows will claim the X1 is finished....that's my prediction.

LOL!! Pretty much. No matter what happens, we can all expect excuses and damage control throughout this thread if it stays active. As long as both systems keep selling millions, I'm happy.

Me too

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ghostwarrior786

@blackace said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

^^^example of lem always talking big game but not backing it up hahahahhaha wats the matter blackace, no black friday this month? hahahaha 'bu-bu-bu- black friday!!!' haha that was quite epic

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@kuu2 said:

Lets go!

Yeah, same here. For the of December I believe the One outsold the PS4 here in the states. If I'm wrong, meh, lol. 3 and 4.2 million consoles strong means both had a great launch.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@blackace said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

^^^example of lem always talking big game but not backing it up hahahahhaha wats the matter blackace, no black friday this month? hahahaha 'bu-bu-bu- black friday!!!' haha that was quite epic

What!?!?! Both consoles sold 2+ million during Black Friday. nothing wrong with that. Yes it was EPIC. Several sales records were broken that week.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ghostwarrior786

@shawn30 said:

@kuu2 said:

Lets go!

Yeah, same here. For the of December I believe the One outsold the PS4 here in the states. If I'm wrong, meh, lol. 3 and 4.2 million consoles strong means both had a great launch.

to be clear your prediction is x1 has outsold godstation 4 in 2013? in the states

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#17 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Wii U will dominate, followed by Xbox One. Lol PlayStation.

BlessedChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BlessedChill
Member since 2013 • 697 Posts

Ps4 likely ahead in us

Avatar image for BattlefieldFan3
BattlefieldFan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BattlefieldFan3
Member since 2012 • 361 Posts

@blackace said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

If the Xbone loses, there are no excuses. It was overstocked and readily available in every retail store.

If the PS4 loses, there is a legitimate excuse, as the PS4's demand still exceeds its supply.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

PS4 will win.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ghostwarrior786

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@blackace said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

If the Xbone loses, there are no excuses. It was overstocked and readily available in every retail store.

If the PS4 loses, there is a legitimate excuse, as the PS4's demand still exceeds its supply.

even with the limited supply i think they beat x1.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PinkieWinkie
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

I think the x1 will sell more in NA in Dec, there just hasn't been enough ps4 availability.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

The Shitbox Done will have sold more than the PS4 in December but not enough to have overtaken the PS4 in total sales.

Lems will cry tears of frustrated joy while us cows smile and whisper "4.2 million"

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

NPD tracks sales to actual retail customers, so I am going to say that the XBox One got beat by a small margin in the US. Not significantly high, but PS4 will edge out a victory.

BattlefieldFan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BattlefieldFan3

@Shewgenja said:

NPD tracks sales to actual retail customers, so I am going to say that the XBox One got beat by a small margin in the US. Not significantly high, but it will edge out a victory.

Today is the day we find out if Microsoft was stating sold-through numbers or shipped numbers.

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Syn_Valence  Online
Member since 2004 • 2139 Posts

Doesn't matter what the Xbox1 does, it still a horrible tv remote

Edit: ps4 all the way

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#27 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

@ghostwarrior786:

I am going to say Xbone sold more in us in December 2013... Because of the following:

1. Ps4 is out of stock in most places

2. There are thousands of brainwashed idiots out there who still think Xbox live is better and who only know what the media tells them. Either by tv, ads, Doritos, and misinformed idiots.

- just look at the xbaux360 sales and u can see this. People in my country are down right dumb!!! (Meanwhile in my ancestors countries of Germany, England and Netherlands the people are smart and think for themselves, hence why ps brand reigns surpreme!

3. People in the states buy it for American football. People here are obsessed with a sport that shouldn't even have the word "foot" in it.

Now if ps4 was fully stocked, it would be ps4 ahead, maybe... Worldwide and Europa, no doubt the playstation brand reigns supreme!

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Shewgenja

I live in one of the most diverse cities in the US and it happens to be in a red state. I saw firsthand how the 360 took off here. XBox One did not emulate that success whatsoever. In fact, at our Galleria mall, there were plenty of XBox Ones just sitting by the entrance to the Microsoft store all through December.

I think MS did a good job of keeping retail stocked for people who wanted one, but as far as actually pushing demand, they fell short. It's way harder to get a read on the PS4, though. Stores got weekly shipments all over the place, but I never saw a unit just sitting on a shelf anywhere. Still don't, in all honesty. So, whatever they shipped here, they sold through pretty quickly. What I will say is, in a war where one item is in stock versus an item in demand, the item in demand almost always wins.

How big that victory will be, though, remains to be seen. This NPD report will probably be the only real interesting NPD report for this whole next-gen. So, we might as well put our bets in.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ghostwarrior786

@Midnightshade29 said:

@ghostwarrior786:

I am going to say Xbone sold more in us in December 2013... Because of the following:

2. There are thousands of brainwashed idiots out there who still think Xbox live is better and who only know what the media tells them. Either by tv, ads, Doritos, and misinformed idiots.

- just look at the xbaux360 sales and u can see this. People in my country are down right dumb!!! (Meanwhile in my ancestors countries of Germany, England and Netherlands the people are smart and think for themselves, hence why ps brand reigns surpreme!

3. People in the states buy it for American football. People here are obsessed with a sport that shouldn't even have the word "foot" in it.

Now if ps4 was fully stocked, it would be ps4 ahead, maybe... Worldwide and Europa, no doubt the playstation brand reigns supreme!

the only regions that show brand loyaly in gaming are mainland europe and japan, the 2 markets where ps3, despite being 1 year late to the party and at ridiculous price point it still dominated x360. america does not show brand loyalty, its a price sensitive region, and m$ 2nd strong hold was uk where ps3 and x360 was pretty much neck and neck. x1 stand no chance

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Shewgenja

@kuu2 said:

Lets go!

Let it go on record that, so far, only Kuu2 has made a prediction for the Lem faction. (Good sport of you, by the way).

We need more Lems. Come on guys, this is the US we're talking about! Can no one but Kuu2 defend the homeland?

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@Shewgenja said:

NPD tracks sales to actual retail customers, so I am going to say that the XBox One got beat by a small margin in the US. Not significantly high, but it will edge out a victory.

Today is the day we find out if Microsoft was stating sold-through numbers or shipped numbers.

This does not even make sense, NPD only for one region.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@blackace said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

So the PS4 can't lose.....my point exactly

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ghostwarrior786

@Shewgenja said:

@kuu2 said:

Lets go!

Let it go on record that, so far, only Kuu2 has made a prediction for the Lem faction. (Good sport of you, by the way).

We need more Lems. Come on guys, this is the US we're talking about! Can no one but Kuu2 defend the homeland?

shawn and kuu2 are the only lems brave enough. haha lems are all talk

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

@kuu2: That's the spirit! I say ps4 by less than 100k

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

After the last selfownage thread from lems I'm not expecting any bold predictions from them.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

TC has a point.

Xbox 1 is available on amazon

PS4 is not

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Jakandsigz

Wii U outsold Vita, The Xbox One and PS4 are 1ft apart in total NA sales, however Xbox One won december. 3DS and 360 will be the best selling hardware overall.

This is from the NPD.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Xbone- 3 million

PS4- 600K

Wii U- no one cares

Vita- 2 million

3DS- 800K

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Shewgenja

@Jakandsigz said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@Shewgenja said:

It is the XBoxes biggest territory. Especialy since the UK fell to the Playstation Nation.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Jakandsigz

@Shewgenja said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@Shewgenja said:

It is the XBoxes biggest territory. Especialy since the UK fell to the Playstation Nation.

I don't think you understand how selling 3 million in one country when you are in more than one country is not possible.

BattlefieldFan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BattlefieldFan3

@Midnightshade29 said:

@ghostwarrior786:

To be frank, the average European scores maybe 1-2 points higher than the average American on an IQ exam. If you abide by the principle that IQ measures your "true intelligence" then I guess Europeans really are smarter than Americans.

To me, that 1-2 points isn't really significant, as that difference isn't going to strew out into anything worthwhile. It's not like the average European is smart enough to get a Physics PhD while the average American is only smart enough to do janitorial work. All things being equal, the average American and the average European aren't smart enough to pass an engineering, math or physics major.

I will say this though: The reason why Europeans will never surpass Americans in math, science and technology is because Americans have the smartest people in the world.

BattlefieldFan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BattlefieldFan3

@Jakandsigz said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@Shewgenja said:

We have the official numbers for Germany, France, Spain, Brazil and the UK.

We have estimations for the other European countries, Canada and Mexico as well with good margins of error.

If US sold-through isn't high enough, then Microsoft stated shipped numbers.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

PS4: 2.5 million

XB1: 1.5 million

Wii U: like twelve

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

TEH NPD salez thread warz!!!

hamster3_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 hamster3_3
Member since 2007 • 130 Posts

Xbox to have sold 1mil and PS4 700k in December. Why not?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@blackace said:

What!?!?! Both consoles sold 2+ million during Black Friday. nothing wrong with that. Yes it was EPIC. Several sales records were broken that week.

No....

The xbox one sold 2 million in 18 days,not in the black friday.

In fact in NA the xbox one sold 900k in the first 9 days of its launch.

The PS4 sold 1 million in 24 hours.

The only reason the xbox one outsold the PS4 on black friday was because sony had no units to sell,it is pretty easy to see.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Jakandsigz

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@Shewgenja said:

We have the official numbers for Germany, France, Spain, Brazil and the UK.

We have estimations for the other European countries, Canada and Mexico as well with good margins of error.

If US sold-through isn't high enough, then Microsoft stated shipped numbers.

We do not have December sales for anything outside of Canada, U.K. and Germany.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#49 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@blackace said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

It's still an excuse. If you need to be excused for something it's usually not a good thing.