NPD Oct 2012: 37% hardware sales decline, NBA, RE, and Pokemon takes the top.

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6736 posts) -

Well, since you haven't played the games, I can tell you that a) You aren't eligible to comment on the games b) The games have experienced numerous changes over the last decade. Like I said, I could list them all for youcharizard1605

I'll play your game (If my eligibility doesn't count, then we'll just default on ol' gamespot SW standard, the review), already addressed actually :wink::

How about that, after looking at the Black/White 2 review the game was marked down for recycled contentlol.gif
#52 Posted by Shinobi120 (5570 posts) -

this generation is losing steam, not saying I'm displeased with the games we got in October I actually liked many of them and even ones people didn't like but commercially it's winding down... this might end up being the perfect time for the Wii U to be launching, gamers probably have money to burn and Nintendo's coming in at just the right timelamprey263

Agreed. People want newer consoles now. Wii U should fill in that spot.

#53 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6736 posts) -

Damn, first caption from gamespot review:

"Pokemon White Version 2 is the same Pokemon youve come to know, year in, year out."

Boy that is telling. It is as if my whole argument is validated.

#54 Posted by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -

[QUOTE="MrYaotubo"]Regardless,for a country that "apparently" doesn´t care about the sport is still pretty amusing. :Psenses_fail_06

True. From what I've read, soccer is increasing in popularity. Not so much at the professional level, but little league's (or whatever the soccer equivalent is) are getting higher enrollments each and every year.

I personally can't watch it. It is boring as all hell, but playing it is fun and soccer games are actually pretty fun...even if I don't really care about the leagues.

same can be applied to fifa, boring to watch but tons of fun to play.Career mode will suck you in no matter if your casual joe or the avid follower.

#55 Posted by nervmeister (15267 posts) -
It's almost been 2 years since the wii or ps3 has even sniffed the top spot. That's a reason to celebrate. Good job MS. I'm going to turn on my Kinect and hopefully Major Nelson can see me pi$$ on my dualshock 3. todd2r_Partdeux
Keep up the hard work, and you may even get to suck Major Nelson's dick someday. :)
#56 Posted by el3m2tigre (4232 posts) -

Damn, first caption from gamespot review:

"Pokemon White Version 2 is the same Pokemon youve come to know, year in, year out."

Boy that is telling. It is as if my whole argument is validated.

senses_fail_06

Except, the last pokemon you played was a decade ago? Surely, this would all be new and refreshing for you...

#57 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

Pokémon B/W 2 is surprisingly good.

#58 Posted by spiderluck (2376 posts) -
[QUOTE="todd2r_Partdeux"]It's almost been 2 years since the wii or ps3 has even sniffed the top spot. That's a reason to celebrate. Good job MS. I'm going to turn on my Kinect and hopefully Major Nelson can see me pi$$ on my dualshock 3. nervmeister
Keep up the hard work, and you may even get to suck Major Nelson's dick someday. :)

Hey Todd...you caught another one....here fishy fishy fishy
#59 Posted by todd2r_Partdeux (780 posts) -
[QUOTE="todd2r_Partdeux"]It's almost been 2 years since the wii or ps3 has even sniffed the top spot. That's a reason to celebrate. Good job MS. I'm going to turn on my Kinect and hopefully Major Nelson can see me pi$$ on my dualshock 3. nervmeister

U mad bro?
#60 Posted by Obviously_Right (5101 posts) -

Pretty sure he is already.

#61 Posted by Heil68 (45145 posts) -
RE6 at #2 is kind of surprising with all the bad reviews out.
#62 Posted by Newhopes (4582 posts) -

RE6 at #2 is kind of surprising with all the bad reviews out. Heil68

The RE name alone guarantees a certain amount of sales.

#63 Posted by SuperFlakeman (7342 posts) -

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-11-09-moh-warfighter-sells-300k-in-us-debut-week

867K for Pkmn B/W 2.

Vita 35k in October, oh my.

#64 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7482 posts) -
EA needs to learn to not release shooters so close to CoD. They really want to take the crown away from CoD and they keep doing this. It does not matter if the game is good or not since the last Battlefield had a ton of hype but paled in sales. It is even worse this year since they are releasing next to Halo 4 also.
#65 Posted by ZIMdoom (8355 posts) -

Meh. Not surprising that a drop is happening right now. The Wii U is almost out which will impact Wii sales. ANd with Black Friday and the holiday sales just around the corner, I suspect more people are going to wait a bit in case they get a console for a gift, or just want to see if there is a crazy deal.

#66 Posted by jessejay420 (3836 posts) -

LOL
#67 Posted by spiderluck (2376 posts) -

Hahaha...cows avoiding this thread like the plague...Bumped for giggles

#68 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27866 posts) -

Hahaha...cows avoiding this thread like the plague...Bumped for giggles

spiderluck
Its been a bad few weeks for them :(
#69 Posted by charizard1605 (58128 posts) -
Gogo Pokemon. Also, blue_hazy_basic, why does your chart not have any Nintendo? :cry: Will you at least update it to include Wii U once it launches?
#70 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27866 posts) -
[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Gogo Pokemon. Also, blue_hazy_basic, why does your chart not have any Nintendo? :cry: Will you at least update it to include Wii U once it launches?

Have there been any releases for the Wii this year worth putting in there? I'll update if someone tells me! Up until last month it was easy cos the PC had bunches and the 360 and PS3 hadn't changed in 6 months with 1 each :P
#71 Posted by charizard1605 (58128 posts) -
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="charizard1605"]Gogo Pokemon. Also, blue_hazy_basic, why does your chart not have any Nintendo? :cry: Will you at least update it to include Wii U once it launches?

Have there been any releases for the Wii this year worth putting in there? I'll update if someone tells me! Up until last month it was easy cos the PC had bunches and the 360 and PS3 hadn't changed in 6 months with 1 each :P

Wii had Xenoblade and The Last Story, both AAAE, and there were a couple of AAE games as well: Project Zero 2, Pandora's Tower, and Rhythm Heaven Fever.
#72 Posted by MrYaotubo (2709 posts) -
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="charizard1605"]Gogo Pokemon. Also, blue_hazy_basic, why does your chart not have any Nintendo? :cry: Will you at least update it to include Wii U once it launches?

Wii had Xenoblade and The Last Story, both AAAE, and there were a couple of AAE games as well: Project Zero 2, Pandora's Tower, and Rhythm Heaven Fever.

Aren´t most of those like 2010 or 2011 games though?
#73 Posted by charizard1605 (58128 posts) -
[QUOTE="MrYaotubo"][QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] Have there been any releases for the Wii this year worth putting in there? I'll update if someone tells me! Up until last month it was easy cos the PC had bunches and the 360 and PS3 hadn't changed in 6 months with 1 each :P

Aren´t most of those like 2010 or 2011 games though?

All released 2012.