NPD January 2013 - Holy f*cking sh*t Wii U at 57K lol - Vita around 35K

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by fernandmondego_ (3170 posts) -

[QUOTE="fernandmondego_"][QUOTE="SuperFlakeman"]

Everything is back to normal:

• 3DS doing pre-DS numbers
  • Dedicated gaming handheld monopoly (Vita out)
  • N64/Gamecube level home console sales

Possibly we'll see 3rd console curse for Microsoft, 720 to do significantly worse than 360. And a return to the glory days of Playstation.

I can't see the last two happening but will be interesting if true xD

Thefatness16

Gamecube and 64 were not this bad.

Wii U is only doing 4K less than Gamecube at this time. So yeah, it's doing Gamecube #'s.

GC only put up 59K it's 3rd month? I don't remember it starting off that bad but still, worse than GC.

#52 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

[QUOTE="Thefatness16"]

[QUOTE="fernandmondego_"]Gamecube and 64 were not this bad.fernandmondego_

Wii U is only doing 4K less than Gamecube at this time. So yeah, it's doing Gamecube #'s.

GC only put up 59K it's 3rd month? I don't remember it starting off that bad but still, worse than GC.

Yup, 59K.

#53 Posted by Speedzilla (1732 posts) -

[QUOTE="Desmonic"]55K for WiiU?! It's doing Vita numbers! :o Ninty better get their sh!t straight!fernandmondego_

You take that back damn it. It's doing just fine, all consoles go through this. It's selling better than 720 and PS4 combine, just outsold them by 55K last month:evil: I swear people just hate on Nintendo:x

What's done is done.

#54 Posted by fernandmondego_ (3170 posts) -

[QUOTE="fernandmondego_"]

[QUOTE="Thefatness16"]

Thefatness16

Yup, 59K.

Well, I guess the selling better at this point than PS3, 360 and even GC just went down the drain. Now I wish we had Dreamcast numbers.
#55 Posted by TheEroica (14381 posts) -

Congrats to MS for the GDC... Godbox dominitation continuation.  Also, kudos to Ubi Montreal and Far Cry 3, easily a top ten of gen for me... maybe top 5.  Really enjoyed that game and it deserves those sales.

#56 Posted by Neon_Noir (1466 posts) -
YES! YES! Die Nintendo. DIE!
#57 Posted by NineTailedGoku (1977 posts) -

[QUOTE="spiderluck"][QUOTE="Speedzilla"]

North America loves last place consoles.

Speedzilla

No they don't ...they hate the ps3

spiderduck :|

Replace that u for an i and I think we'll have an appropriate name for him. 

#58 Posted by BPoole96 (22811 posts) -
Damn Nintendo needs to step their game up or they're fvcked :?
#59 Posted by tonitorsi (8613 posts) -

55K does not bodes well for Nintendo.

Early Wii sales were never this substandard.

#60 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

[QUOTE="Thefatness16"]

[QUOTE="fernandmondego_"] GC only put up 59K it's 3rd month? I don't remember it starting off that bad but still, worse than GC.

fernandmondego_

Yup, 59K.

Well, I guess the selling better at this point than PS3, 360 and even GC just went down the drain. Now I wish we had Dreamcast numbers.

PS3 and 360 did around 250K, so it's actually doing 5X worse.

#61 Posted by fernandmondego_ (3170 posts) -

tonitorsi
Wii sales? Wii was sold out for 2 years, it put up 10X that a average month.
#62 Posted by Slashkice (13591 posts) -

tonitorsi

Early Wii was a beast, claims of sold out stock were actually legit with that system.

But yeah, even the PS3, the butt of many doomed jokes in '07, never sold this low.

#63 Posted by spiderluck (2405 posts) -
Looks like it will be ps4 or 720 this genHeil68
Yep...although I wonder if 720 and ps4 will pick up the slack left by wii or wiiu"s absence...Maybe a bit of gamer fatigue setting in..Wouldn't surprise me if next gen we end up with very similar numbers overall for the big 2..Will either of them benefit from having the market more or less to themselves remains to be seen
#64 Posted by BPoole96 (22811 posts) -

[QUOTE="Speedzilla"]

[QUOTE="spiderluck"] No they don't ...they hate the ps3NineTailedGoku

Replace that NineTailedGoku with KINGBOBI and we'd have a name more appropriate for you ;)
#65 Posted by TheEroica (14381 posts) -
[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]Things will improve with this line-up. 02/14 Wii Street U 03/05 The Amazing Spider-Man: Ultimate Edition 03/18 LEGO City Undercover 03/19 Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Need for Speed: Most Wanted - A Criterion ... The Croods: Prehistoric Party! 03/26 The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct 04/16 Injustice: Gods Among Us 05/21 Resident Evil: Revelations 05/24 Sniper Elite V2

you sarcastic sum'biitch... :P
#67 Posted by TheEroica (14381 posts) -
YES! YES! Die Nintendo. DIE!Neon_Noir
Links tunic will match perfectly on a green xbox case... *how many sheep did that statement just piss off? :P
#68 Posted by Speedzilla (1732 posts) -

[QUOTE="Speedzilla"]

:lol:

The man blindly follows M$ in every thread. He's a delusional specimen.

#69 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

Oh my god, this has been the same list of games for basically the past year with one or two more changes. I know next month probably won't have Metal Gear, Fire Emblem, Etrian Odyssey, or Sly Cooper 4, but can we please be open to new games?SonicNextGen2

Preaching to the choir man. The problem is the general public who buys Call of Duty or Halo and then plays that and only that for the rest of the year.  

#70 Posted by spiderluck (2405 posts) -

[QUOTE="Speedzilla"]

Damn..that ps3 mojo is working wonders for your wit
#71 Posted by Speedzilla (1732 posts) -

[QUOTE="NineTailedGoku"]

[QUOTE="Speedzilla"]

spiderluck

spiderdick :lol:

#72 Posted by Neon_Noir (1466 posts) -
Is your body ready now sheep? Spread them cheeks.
#73 Posted by spiderluck (2405 posts) -

[QUOTE="NineTailedGoku"]

[QUOTE="Speedzilla"]

Speedzilla

Yeah and you're a real beacon of impartiality...Being called delusional by you is like Air Supply calling Led Zeppelin hacks
#74 Posted by super600 (31017 posts) -

Is your body ready now sheep? Spread them cheeks.Neon_Noir

I will laugh if the WiiU starts to increase it''s sale number soon.:P

#75 Posted by fernandmondego_ (3170 posts) -
With the WiiU selling so bad in Japan as well (and we all know about EU) would Nintendo have the balls to drop the price and take massive losses ala Sony (PS3) and MS (Xbox)?
#76 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: What a bombastic console. Even the casuals know its not worth investing in and are waiting for the TRUE next gen machines
#77 Posted by Advid-Gamer (4642 posts) -

I wonder when the Wii owners will finially admit the wiiu is garbage.  Why would nintendo release a console that MS and sony released 7 years ago with a gimmicky touch screen controller, like everyone dosent have a touch screem device of some kind by now, its nothing, old, stale. Its doing this bad now wait till the new xbox and Ps are released and the wiiu cant get any of the new MultiPlaits, its a sad joke.

#79 Posted by TheEroica (14381 posts) -

[QUOTE="Neon_Noir"]Is your body ready now sheep? Spread them cheeks.super600

[obligitory]TheyCantGetMuchLower[/obligitory]
#80 Posted by TwistedShade (3138 posts) -

Damn those WiiU sales are horrible. And given the NintendoDirect, focus on the 3DS, it makes me think they know how much trouble they're in and are trying to bank off the 3DS's success.

#81 Posted by Slashkice (13591 posts) -

With the WiiU selling so bad in Japan as well (and we all know about EU) would Nintendo have the balls to drop the price and take massive losses ala Sony (PS3) and MS (Xbox)? fernandmondego_

They could drop the price, but the game library is still going to be an issue for several months.

#82 Posted by Speedzilla (1732 posts) -

[QUOTE="Speedzilla"]

[QUOTE="NineTailedGoku"]

spiderluck

Yeah and you're a real beacon of impartiality...Being called delusional by you is like Air Supply calling Led Zeppelin hacks

That stung, bro. Like a bumblebee.

#83 Posted by BPoole96 (22811 posts) -
[QUOTE="Neon_Noir"]YES! YES! Die Nintendo. DIE!TheEroica
Links tunic will match perfectly on a green xbox case... *how many sheep did that statement just piss off? :P

Cold blooded :P
#84 Posted by spiderluck (2405 posts) -

[QUOTE="spiderluck"][QUOTE="NineTailedGoku"]

Speedzilla

spiderdick :lol:

Looks like we have two new candidates for the next iteration of the pinhead triumvirate..Kuraimen seems to be appropriately busy during NPD threads but I'm sure you two numbskulls can round up a worthy successor..Anybody named Shemp will do quite nicely I think
#85 Posted by SuperFlakeman (7411 posts) -

[QUOTE="tonitorsi"]

Slashkice

Early Wii was a beast, claims of sold out stock were actually legit with that system.

But yeah, even the PS3, the butt of many doomed jokes in '07, never sold this low.

77 million userbase is not "doomed", but Sony stock and their money lost is.

Nintendo will survive no matter what because: Japan and handhelds. PS4 is make or break for the entire company. 

#86 Posted by SuperFlakeman (7411 posts) -

Damn those WiiU sales are horrible. And given the NintendoDirect, focus on the 3DS, it makes me think they know how much trouble they're in and are trying to bank off the 3DS's success.

TwistedShade

You must have missed the Wii U Direct 2 weeks ago.

The 1st party lineup is on par with previous Nintendo systems, and panic mode seems to have drawn Aonouma out of his cave to announce Zelda U.

#87 Posted by Advid-Gamer (4642 posts) -

[QUOTE="Slashkice"]

[QUOTE="tonitorsi"]

SuperFlakeman

Nintendo will survive no matter what because: Japan and handhelds. PS4 is make or break for the entire company. 

I am willing to bet 70 million of those have a 4 inch layer of dust on there wiis. Lol user base.

#88 Posted by TwistedShade (3138 posts) -

[QUOTE="TwistedShade"]

SuperFlakeman

The 1st party lineup is on par with previous Nintendo systems, and panic mode seems to have drawn Aonouma out of his cave to announce Zelda U.

No 3rd party support at all, and I don't think Nintendo can carry it like the Gamecube with their first party title's. And even worst most of those games aren't coming out until the end of the year and by then the Nextbox/Ps4 will steal all the hype.

#89 Posted by fernandmondego_ (3170 posts) -
Maybe it wasn't Origins that got EA to back off support. Now how bad will the WiiU do now if EA in fact dropped support.
#90 Posted by SuperFlakeman (7411 posts) -

[QUOTE="SuperFlakeman"]

[QUOTE="Slashkice"]

Advid-Gamer

I am willing to bet 70 million of those have a 4 inch layer of dust on there wiis. Lol user base.

That's the PS3 userbase

#91 Posted by TheEroica (14381 posts) -

Is there anyone really shocked by this? Lets not pretend that Mario and Zelda drove 100 million consoles for the Wii... It was WiiSports that put that console in peoples home. People, including myself have been saying for months that the WiiU lacks that compelling gimmick the wii did... in fact, to be honest, the tablet controller to me looks more like one of those knock off copycat type tablets they sell at ocean state job lot or Big Lots... Not saying the WiiU can't rebound to have some type of respectible generation, but really who is gonna argue that it wont be an uphill battle given the competition that is knocking at the door.

#92 Posted by super600 (31017 posts) -

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="Neon_Noir"]Is your body ready now sheep? Spread them cheeks.TheEroica

They will get lower sales until actual games release in a month or two.

#93 Posted by Wild_man_22 (704 posts) -
Nintendo pretty much no one to blame but themselves for this. Ruining the wii brand by releasing more or less nothing for the last 2 years of the consoles life, and not supporting their own games. Then release it's successor with the same name and little to no content to back it up. Hopefully monster hunter and my 3ds keep me busy or my wii u will more or less be a web browser/stream box for the next 6 months.
#94 Posted by TheEroica (14381 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="Neon_Noir"]YES! YES! Die Nintendo. DIE!BPoole96

Cold blooded :P

:lol: couldn't resist... :P
#95 Posted by SuperFlakeman (7411 posts) -

[QUOTE="SuperFlakeman"]

[QUOTE="TwistedShade"]

TwistedShade

No 3rd party support at all, and I don't think Nintendo can carry it like the Gamecube with their first party title's. And even worst most of those games aren't coming out until the end of the year and by then the Nextbox/Ps4 will steal all the hype.

Q2 has a solid release schedule, it's Q1 that's fcked. Everything got postponed in order to make Fiscal Year 13' look better. Launch Window lineup basically got delayed to Q2.

Wii Fit, Wii Party, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Game & Wario, Monster Hunter 3, Lego GTA; they are all slated for spring/summer.

#96 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8458 posts) -

isX0yCNHEjBVA.gif

#97 Posted by Giancar (19069 posts) -
Maybe it wasn't Origins that got EA to back off support. Now how bad will the WiiU do now if EA in fact dropped support.fernandmondego_
EA is like every business. It is now a SW child poster. They go where they can see a profit. They would have loved Origins on the WiiU, but they could n ´t do so. That doesn´t mean they are on a rampage mode against Nintendo. They just don´t see the WiiU as a viable system atm.
#98 Posted by TheEroica (14381 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="super600"]

super600

They will get lower sales until actual games release in a month or two.

Yeah, maybe... I mean, I can't see anyone being ignorant enough to believe that Ninty doesnt have strong system selling franchises, but as I stated above, without the "wow!" factor in the motion control craze, nintendo is on a level playing field... except their console is curent, by todays console standards and I'm sorry, but the online component of WIIU is a misstep.
#99 Posted by TwistedShade (3138 posts) -

[QUOTE="TwistedShade"]

[QUOTE="SuperFlakeman"]

SuperFlakeman

Q2 has a solid release schedule, it's Q1 that's fcked. Everything got postponed in order to make Fiscal Year 13' look better. Launch Window lineup basically got delayed to Q2.

Wii Fit, Wii Party, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Game & Wario, Monster Hunter 3, Lego GTA; they are all slated for spring/summer.

Minus WiiFit since it's pretty much a rehash for sales, that does look like an "Ok" line up but nothing there is a huge System Seller. And again minus Monster Hunter, and Lego, that is all first party games and they had to pay to develop Lego City. Also not alot of insight for the rest of the year.

#100 Posted by finalstar2007 (25842 posts) -

Amazing news to see NNK almost to the top 10.. it came out at the end of the month and still was close to making it to the top 10.. it scored the second best game on PSN and best selling game in EU PSN and EU