NPD | April 2014

#251 Edited by Sollet (7379 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@super600: You're kidding? Under 5K in the US? Jeez louise.

Sony should just bundle it with the PS4 for 500 dollars XD

#252 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1363 posts) -

@lostrib: I'm sorry

#253 Posted by lostrib (36918 posts) -

@PinkieWinkie said:

@lostrib: I'm sorry

that I don't visit GAF?

#254 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2416 posts) -

Xbox 360 - 71k

Wii U - ~48k

lol

#255 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1363 posts) -

@lostrib: Do you always ask questions about obvious answers?

#256 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

"Believe the hype" "This is Xbox One's killer app" "Biggest game of the generation"

Beaten by Infamous Second Son LMAO

MS can take their manufactured hype and shove it.

#258 Posted by lostrib (36918 posts) -

@PinkieWinkie said:

@lostrib: Do you always ask questions about obvious answers?

don't know why you would be sorry

#259 Posted by lostrib (36918 posts) -

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

"Believe the hype" "This is Xbox One's killer app" "Biggest game of the generation"

Shhhh, no need to be upset that Infamous lost on the NPD

#260 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05/15/sony-reacts-to-april-npd-victory-for-ps4-infamous-second-son-best-selling-next-gen-game/

It was the best selling next gen game.

#261 Edited by lostrib (36918 posts) -

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

@lostrib said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05/15/sony-reacts-to-april-npd-victory-for-ps4-infamous-second-son-best-selling-next-gen-game/

And yet nowhere to be found in the top 10

Shhh, no more tears, maybe you'll get to play Titanfall 2

#262 Edited by lglz1337 (3739 posts) -

we lowered the price ladies titanfall did nothing for us, don't panic, pricecut will LOL!

... wait what infamous SS outsold titanfall ? bahahagahGa

#263 Edited by lostrib (36918 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

we lowered the price ladies titanfall did nothing for us, don't panic pricecut will LOL!

it would seem kind of sexist to only talk to the ladies

#264 Edited by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

@lostrib said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Adorable. Another lemming who doesn't understand how the NPD works.

I played the Titanfall beta on my PC in 1080p btw. It blows.

#265 Posted by lostrib (36918 posts) -

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

@lostrib said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

@lostrib said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Lol

Sure you did. However you got to rationalize it. Mad cuz bad

#266 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25692 posts) -

The PS Morte's sales could be 10 times higher and they would still be utterly terrible.

#267 Edited by KungfuKitten (21053 posts) -

Titanfall doesn't deserve those sales, and the lack of Wii U sales is sad.

#268 Posted by Sollet (7379 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

@lostrib said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

@lostrib said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Lol

Sure you did. However you got to rationalize it. Mad cuz bad

Ugh, what's up with consolites hiding behind PC.

#269 Posted by misterpmedia (3387 posts) -

If damage control was food, then lems could serve all the hungry and cure world hunger in a matter of hours with how much they're producing in here. Hilarious.

#270 Posted by finalstar2007 (25183 posts) -

Congrats to Sony and Sucker Punch for the PS4 being the best selling hardware last month and for infamous for being the best selling next gen title!

best of luck guys i hope this keeps up :)

PlayStation where great games are at!

#271 Edited by Sollet (7379 posts) -

I have to say I am a bit surprised this thread isn't livelier.

#272 Posted by lglz1337 (3739 posts) -

hahahahaha infamous outselling titancrap Xbone version really made my day! haha

#273 Posted by Krelian-co (10929 posts) -

@Sollet said:

I have to say I am a bit surprised this thread isn't livelier.

is not funny when lems crawl to their holes

#274 Posted by MonsieurX (30218 posts) -
@lglz1337 said:

Why do you call it titancrap? Mad cuz bad at the game?

Outscored Infamous :(

#275 Posted by sts106mat (19845 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

lol, that is some serious sony spin. the game maybe the best selling next gen software title.....but only if you don't include titanfall because it's also available on 360.

#276 Posted by Slashkice (13159 posts) -
@sts106mat said:

lol, that is some serious sony spin. the game maybe the best selling next gen software title.....but only if you don't include titanfall because it's also available on 360.

They did include Titanfall, just not the 360/PC versions.

#277 Posted by sts106mat (19845 posts) -

@Slashkice said:
@sts106mat said:

They did include Titanfall, just not the 360/PC versions.

how do you know?

#278 Posted by Slashkice (13159 posts) -
@sts106mat said:

how do you know?

It's what Sony specifically said:

“Infamous: Second Son was the top-selling new-gen software title in April,” PlayStation brand boss Guy Longworth said in a statement. Of course, that only includes physical retail games sold in the U.S. But we double checked with Sony, and it confirmed that, according to the NPD, Infamous outsold the Xbox One SKU of Titanfall.

http://venturebeat.com/2014/05/15/april-2014-npd-playstation-4-outsells-xbox-one-again/

#279 Posted by sts106mat (19845 posts) -

@Slashkice said:
@sts106mat said:

how do you know?

It's what Sony specifically said:

“Infamous: Second Son was the top-selling new-gen software title in April,” PlayStation brand boss Guy Longworth said in a statement. Of course, that only includes physical retail games sold in the U.S. But we double checked with Sony, and it confirmed that, according to the NPD, Infamous outsold the Xbox One SKU of Titanfall.

http://venturebeat.com/2014/05/15/april-2014-npd-playstation-4-outsells-xbox-one-again/

that's interesting then, i guess it's just down to the fact that there are way more PS4's in the US. that article also says it doesn't include online sales either? wow, what a pile of shit the NPD is then...I'd have though they tracked online sales....

#280 Posted by finalstar2007 (25183 posts) -
@sts106mat said:

@lglz1337 said:

Ah thats exactly what it means that Infamous was the best selling next gen title so it outsold Titanfall XOne version not the 360 included as 360 is a last gen game.

Titanfall only doing well because of the 360 version and PC which im assuming includes a smaller amount of sales since most of PC is sold via digitally.

#281 Posted by sts106mat (19845 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:
@sts106mat said:

@lglz1337 said:

Ah thats exactly what it means that Infamous was the best selling next gen title so it outsold Titanfall XOne version not the 360 included as 360 is a last gen game.

Titanfall only doing well because of the 360 version and PC which im assuming includes a smaller amount of sales since most of PC is sold via digitally.

Since i just learned that the NPD doesn't track online sales (like amazon) etc, i have just realised how pointless all these sales threads are.

#282 Posted by finalstar2007 (25183 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@finalstar2007 said:
@sts106mat said:

@lglz1337 said:

Since i just learned that the NPD doesn't track online sales (like amazon) etc, i have just realised how pointless all these sales threads are.

They are extremely pointless yes.. NPD dosent include digital sales, amazon sales, ( i believe Wallmart sales arent included also ) or any other smaller video game stores and NPD dosent even include Canada at all ( which is a part of North America ).

#283 Posted by Sollet (7379 posts) -

It feels like NPD was all the craze last generation.
But now that the Xbox is not fairing too well in their home market, NPD is "shit" and "irrelevant" etc.

Funny how it works :)

#284 Edited by Slashkice (13159 posts) -
@sts106mat said:

They track Amazon. It's digital sales over PSN/XBL that aren't counted.

edit: @finalstar2007 Walmart is counted.

#285 Edited by sts106mat (19845 posts) -

@Slashkice said:
@sts106mat said:

They track Amazon. It's digital sales over PSN/XBL that aren't counted.

edit: @finalstar2007 Walmart is counted.

well your very own link disagrees

An important thing to keep in mind is that these NPD numbers only keep track of new physical games sold at brick-and-mortar retailers. It doesn’t include online or digital sales, which means that these figures merely represent a snapshot of a larger picture.

#286 Edited by Slashkice (13159 posts) -
@sts106mat said:

An important thing to keep in mind is that these NPD numbers only keep track of new physical games sold at brick-and-mortar retailers. It doesn’t include online or digital sales, which means that these figures merely represent a snapshot of a larger picture.

Unless this changed recently, they've been tracking Amazon since '07:

"In any given year, we typically add a few retailers and lose one or two," explained Martin Zagorsek, Vice President, Games & Software at The NPD Group. "This year both the adds (e.g. amazon.com) and the losses (Toys R Us) were a bit larger than usual, but overall our market coverage has not changed very much compared to last year."

http://web.archive.org/web/20071118182457/http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/news/npd-defends-integrity-of-its-video-game-data/18586/

#287 Edited by sts106mat (19845 posts) -

@Slashkice said:
@sts106mat said:

"In any given year, we typically add a few retailers and lose one or two," explained Martin Zagorsek, Vice President, Games & Software at The NPD Group. "This year both the adds (e.g. amazon.com) and the losses (Toys R Us) were a bit larger than usual, but overall our market coverage has not changed very much compared to last year."

http://web.archive.org/web/20071118182457/http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/news/npd-defends-integrity-of-its-video-game-data/18586/

So they stopped getting data from toy's R Us (brick and mortar) but track amazon.....yet, they dont track other online sales though..

pointless arguing about it, for anything other than a guess, I'll leave it for the publishers official announcements

#288 Posted by finalstar2007 (25183 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@Slashkice said:
@sts106mat said:

So they stopped getting data from toy's R Us (brick and mortar) but track amazon.....yet, they dont track other online sales though..

pointless arguing about it, for anything other than a guess, I'll leave it for the publishers official announcements

Thats what everyone been telling xboxfans ( lems ) during the entire time of last generation to not get excited over the 360 being on top only in the U.S but they they kept getting excited for NPD and note NPD didnt count wallmart last gen ( seems like they started doing it this gen).

#289 Posted by Slashkice (13159 posts) -
@finalstar2007 said:

Thats what everyone been telling xboxfans ( lems ) during the entire time of last generation to not get excited over the 360 being on top only in the U.S but they they kept getting excited for NPD and note NPD didnt count wallmart last gen ( seems like they started doing it this gen).

They didn't start counting Walmart this gen, they started in early 2012.

#290 Edited by finalstar2007 (25183 posts) -

@Slashkice said:
@finalstar2007 said:

They didn't start counting Walmart this gen, they started in early 2012.

O_O

o about two years now didnt know.. my bad

#291 Posted by sts106mat (19845 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

@sts106mat said:

@Slashkice said:
@sts106mat said:

Well, i dont know, cause i rarely posted in NPD threads, it is what it is. If i ever got involved in sales discussions it was probably due to all those nonsense PS3 has passed Xbox360 threads that were always wrong and full of fail.

One thing i do remember is "NPD =/= world".

#292 Edited by iloveatlus (262 posts) -

Wow, 360 is still growing strong. If Microsoft were smart, they'll release the exclusive on the Xbone to the 360. 360 owners are still buying games and leading the software chart. I have no idea what folks are using the Xbone for.

#293 Edited by Evo_nine (1728 posts) -

@iloveatlus:

Um games?

#294 Posted by _Matt_ (8911 posts) -

Wow the fallout in this thread.

What I don't understand is, how does anyone reach the numbers for the PS4 hardware units? I've not seen the number stated officially anywhere?

Or is it just using the maths of the percentages from the NPD report?

#295 Edited by Indicud (739 posts) -

Why don't lems buy games.

Just sit around hyping things they can't afford.

#296 Edited by Indicud (739 posts) -

@sts106mat: so basically you're just covering your ears and staying ignorant about the NPD.

The UK weekly chart iirc doesn't track digital sales and you jump up and down for those numbers.

Stay hypocritical and ignorant.

#297 Edited by sts106mat (19845 posts) -

@Indicud said:

@sts106mat: so basically you're just covering your ears and staying ignorant about the NPD.

The UK weekly chart iirc doesn't track digital sales and you jump up and down for those numbers.

Stay hypocritical and ignorant.

I am happy that titanfall is selling well, yes. I also enjoy proving wrong, those people who said titanfall would be forgotten about in 2 weeks...

stay butthurt and mad

#298 Posted by Blabadon (26315 posts) -

Apparently the Vita sold.3.3K lol

#299 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (7096 posts) -

Congratulations to all the people who purchased a console that month!

#300 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Congratulations to all the people who purchased a console that month!

Amen :)

Game on at E3