NPD | April 2014

#151 Posted by Truth_Hurts_U (9246 posts) -

Over hyped Titanfall can't save XBO yet again.

#152 Edited by MBirdy88 (8225 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

infamous dropped like a sack of shit. thought it would do better. let this me a lesson to any lem out there who think sun set overdrive is going to be a system seller

Lems actually think SO will sell systems? LOL

Cows actually thought infamous was anything more than a b-grade reptitive tech demo that would be any match for Titanfall? "L OH L"

And lems thought Titanfall was the savior of the XB1 that it would outsell the PS4 in march.

It has almost done nothing for the console

Indeed, still clearly a game for gamers... not a game for graphic whoring repetitive movie watchers.

Did you play second son? Because I certainly did.

Also who are you to declare what's a game and what's not?

I did.... I platinum it then traded it in for the far superior in every aspect except "teh graphcs" Assassin's Creed 4.

PSN tag MBirdy88 ... incase you have your doubts on that.

both are games.... one is clearly treated more of a game for those that like gameplay, competition and teamwork.... I don't make the rules, I just observe them.

hows the dust on your infamous copy? did you notice next to no difficulty increase from easy to expert too? its like the game was rushed out of the doors with no substance... oh wait, it was.

#153 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

@I_can_haz: @Animal-Mother: Yeah at least I proudly embrace my bias. Fake manticores like blackface are a joke because he clearly prefers Xflop and wants it to do better than PS4. Owning a PS4 does not absolve him of being a lemming.

#154 Posted by blackace (20743 posts) -

@super600 said:

@blackace said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Xbone sold 115k LOL

PS4 probably sold 117K lol!!

Who cares. Both systems are outselling last generation, which is great in developers eyes.

@ghostwarrior786 said:

infamous dropped like a sack of shit. thought it would do better. let this me a lesson to any lem out there who think sun set overdrive is going to be a system seller

I don't think anyone has ever said that. New IP's usually aren't system sellers.

The PS4 sold anywere from 190K-220K this month in the US. It's most likely on the lower end of this scale.

It's like 70-90K less then last month. So sales are dropping.

#155 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (4641 posts) -

the console war in us so far: ms wont be happy, this is there turf. ps4 sales are defo slowing though, they need to release a BIG game

#156 Posted by MBirdy88 (8225 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:

@I_can_haz: @Animal-Mother: Yeah at least I proudly embrace my bias. Fake manticores like blackface are a joke because he clearly prefers Xflop and wants it to do better than PS4. Owning a PS4 does not absolve him of being a lemming.

problem with your bias is half the stuff you say is made up to suit yourself. so no, your no better than him. don't even hold dellusions of otherwise.

#157 Edited by blackace (20743 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@blackace said:

@I_can_haz said:

Where is blackace and his lem friends? I find it hard to believe that xhawk27 is the only lem representing the lemming faction in this thread. I guess those guys will surface a few days later. It's a pity though that they were so confident that the gap was closing. I do hope they are alright, these are trying times for the lemming brotherhood.

You still think I'm a lem. lmao!! I don't represent any fraction. I don't kiss corporation's ass like you and your Cow friends. I'm sure the gap will start closing some after the E3 and then again after the XB1 launches in the other 30+ countries in Sept. It's not really a big deal at this point since both systems are outselling last gen systems. The PS4 won't outsell the Wii's first year which was just over 20 million. The Wii did it with continue supply constraints. The PS4 has none of that anymore.

What about this fraction?

Let's see if you can figure out this fraction.

http://media.giphy.com/media/KzGCAlMiK6hQQ/giphy.gif

#158 Edited by hoosier7 (3823 posts) -

@blackace said:

@super600 said:

@blackace said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Xbone sold 115k LOL

Who cares. Both systems are outselling last generation, which is great in developers eyes.

@ghostwarrior786 said:

I don't think anyone has ever said that. New IP's usually aren't system sellers.

The PS4 sold anywere from 190K-220K this month in the US. It's most likely on the lower end of this scale.

There weren't many titles in April, only Final Fantasy.

There'll be a boost with Watchdogs for this month i reckon, Sony have been pushing it hard and i think it's been viewed as the first of the real next gen titles so will pull over some 360/PS3 users who haven't made the jump.

#159 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (4641 posts) -

for everyones peace of mind BLACKACE IS NOT, I REPEAT NOT, A LEM. he just defends the console thats getting its ass kicked

#160 Edited by MBirdy88 (8225 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

the console war in us so far: ms wont be happy, this is there turf. ps4 sales are defo slowing though, they need to release a BIG game

Problem is everything being announced even so far is getting last-gen releases.

Look at Destiny? could of been a MASSIVE next gen push... but nope.. PS3/360 included. Far Cry 4... 360/PS3 included....

Quite a unique gen in that sense.... but it means the new consoles are less desirable... until the old console cut off... but then.... those old machines still generate tons of profit in ways that PS2/XONE/Gamecube could not... so when will support be dropped?

Heh... maybe like PC upgrades to people now... just to get better graphics and play SOME new games....

#161 Edited by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

@blackace said:

@super600 said:

@blackace said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Xbone sold 115k LOL

@ghostwarrior786 said:

There were no notable releases in April. MLB The Show and the superior version of Watch Dogs will give PS4 another shot in the arm to boost May sales. Xbone has nothing this month.

#162 Edited by Animal-Mother (26951 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

Lems actually think SO will sell systems? LOL

Cows actually thought infamous was anything more than a b-grade reptitive tech demo that would be any match for Titanfall? "L OH L"

And lems thought Titanfall was the savior of the XB1 that it would outsell the PS4 in march.

It has almost done nothing for the console

Indeed, still clearly a game for gamers... not a game for graphic whoring repetitive movie watchers.

Did you play second son? Because I certainly did.

Also who are you to declare what's a game and what's not?

I did.... I platinum it then traded it in for the far superior in every aspect except "teh graphcs" Assassin's Creed 4.

PSN tag MBirdy88 ... incase you have your doubts on that.

both are games.... one is clearly treated more of a game for those that like gameplay, competition and teamwork.... I don't make the rules, I just observe them.

hows the dust on your infamous copy? did you notice next to no difficulty increase from easy to expert too? its like the game was rushed out of the doors with no substance... oh wait, it was.

But it's still a game no matter how you spin it :D

I also platinumed it and there is no dust. I keep my place clean.

#163 Posted by the330and419 (223 posts) -

Yikes @ the xbone numbers. You can see why Microsoft announced the price cut. E3 is going to be amazing. Either Microsoft turns it around, or Sony is going to bury them. Gonna be a good show.

#164 Edited by Animal-Mother (26951 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@blackace said:

@I_can_haz said:

Where is blackace and his lem friends? I find it hard to believe that xhawk27 is the only lem representing the lemming faction in this thread. I guess those guys will surface a few days later. It's a pity though that they were so confident that the gap was closing. I do hope they are alright, these are trying times for the lemming brotherhood.

You still think I'm a lem. lmao!! I don't represent any fraction. I don't kiss corporation's ass like you and your Cow friends. I'm sure the gap will start closing some after the E3 and then again after the XB1 launches in the other 30+ countries in Sept. It's not really a big deal at this point since both systems are outselling last gen systems. The PS4 won't outsell the Wii's first year which was just over 20 million. The Wii did it with continue supply constraints. The PS4 has none of that anymore.

What about this fraction?

Let's see if you can figure out this fraction.

#165 Posted by sibu_xgamer (339 posts) -

Wow, poor lemmings. Their machine is doing badly. But then again it's deserved in my view. The xbone is bad and should do badly.

#166 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (4641 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

Problem is everything being announced even so far is getting last-gen releases.

Look at Destiny? could of been a MASSIVE next gen push... but nope.. PS3/360 included. Far Cry 4... 360/PS3 included....

Quite a unique gen in that sense.... but it means the new consoles are less desirable... until the old console cut off... but then.... those old machines still generate tons of profit in ways that PS2/XONE/Gamecube could not... so when will support be dropped?

Heh... maybe like PC upgrades to people now... just to get better graphics and play SOME new games....

next gen will really take off this fall if uncharted and halo release. last gen console sales have fallen off the cliff though, during x360 first april ps2 outsold it but both nextgen consoles this year have easily outsold ps3+x360. software sales are still pretty strong though but it usually takes 1 year for next gen to fully kickin

#167 Edited by blackace (20743 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

@blackace: dat denial. Lying about being the most recognized lem on SW. I guess when your faction is getting owned left and right it's okay to deny belonging to them.

"B...bu....bu...but I am not a lem, BELIEVE ME!!!1" LOL

Too bad tour post history says otherwise. You are so far up M$'s ass that if they sneezed your head would pop out of their nostrils.

I have no fractions besides manticore. Youi're so far up Sony's ass you can taste their piss. lmao!! Meantime I own a PS4 & PSVita and have praised and pre-ordered their games. What have you done on the XB1 sides of things? LMAO!! You're a #%$&^! joke with childish views and a delusional demeanor. Most SW vets ignore your crappy comments the same way as El Tormo.

Sit and spin on this.

uKVIeyh

#168 Edited by blackace (20743 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:

You mad?!?!? Can't be a True Gamer like myself and play all the systems. Manticores rule!!

#169 Edited by gago-gago (9484 posts) -

Wheres Infamous Second Sons at? Why the fuck are PS4 owners not buying and playing games? They just fall for the hype, buy a PS4 then realized theres nothing to play and just twiddle their thumbs and stick it up their butts. Lol.

Pretty crazy how the 360 still outselling the PS3. Shows you lots of people were disappointed by the PS3 and hope and gave the PS4 a chance.

#170 Edited by Stevo_the_gamer (42883 posts) -

It's never surprising to see how invested consolites get into sales wars.

#171 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (4641 posts) -

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

master race be mad yoo. console wars serious business

@gago-gago said:

Wheres Infamous Second Sons at? Why the fuck are PS4 owners not buying and playing games? They just fall for the hype, buy a PS4 then realized theres nothing to play and just twiddle their thumbs and stick it up their butts. Lol.

Pretty crazy how the 360 still outselling the PS3. Shows you lots of people were disappointed by the PS3 and hope and gave the PS4 a chance.

infamous was best selling next gen game last month. read the thread, hawk got owned pretty bad like always

#172 Edited by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

@gago-gago said:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05/15/sony-reacts-to-april-npd-victory-for-ps4-infamous-second-son-best-selling-next-gen-game/

#173 Posted by Chutebox (37223 posts) -

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Ya, herms never bring sales into the discussion.

#174 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@gago-gago: don't get too excited. Sony said Infamous was the highest selling nextgen game last month on their twitter page. It outsold Titanfall on the Xflop. NPD is combining sales for multiple platforms that's why Infamoua isn't charting. The Titanfall numbers you see here are 360, PC and Xbone numbers lol.

#175 Posted by intotheminx (672 posts) -

So, sales dipped for both consoles and there are more previous gen games in top 10 than any other. What does that tell me? Either the new systems don't have shit to play or there are a lot more people that haven't jumped shit yet.

#176 Posted by _SWAG_ (2595 posts) -

lulz xbone is fuckin dead! ps4 n infamous are number 1. titanflop didn't save the xbone at all lulz. if I was a xbone owner I would take a dump on it then smash it witha sledge hammer then bury it with et game. If u buy a xbone now ur brain got mental problems imho facts

#177 Edited by gago-gago (9484 posts) -

Lemme get this straight, every source are saying Titanfall is number one but a Sony twitter says Infamous is number one lol. Sony got exposed with lies and twisting numbers with PR again.

#178 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@gago-gago: IGN is also reporting it as well as other sources. I know this must be terrible news for you but you're just gonna have to deal within the fact that Titanflop got outsold on the Xbone.

#179 Posted by Desmonic (14064 posts) -

@gago-gago said:

Lemme get this straight, every source are saying Titanfall is number one but a Sony twitter says Infamous is number one lol. Sony got exposed with lies and twisting numbers with PR again.

Gago-gago can't read am confirmed. Smh.

#180 Edited by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

@gago-gago said:

The NPD combines every SKU of the game. Infamous outsold the Xbone version of Titanfall. Its not hard to understand.

#181 Posted by Desmonic (14064 posts) -

@Stevo_the_gamer: You speak of it as if hermits never do it either :P

#182 Edited by kunal_anand50 (79 posts) -

@gago-gago said:

Lemme get this straight, every source are saying Titanfall is number one but a Sony twitter says Infamous is number one lol. Sony got exposed with lies again.

Titanfall is no 1 if you combine all the platforms. However, if you only combine individual platform, than Infamous on ps4 outsold Titanfall on xbox 1.

#183 Edited by B4X (4796 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

@gago-gago: don't get too excited. Sony said Infamous was the highest selling nextgen game last month on their twitter page. It outsold Titanfall on the Xflop. NPD is combining sales for multiple platforms that's why Infamoua isn't charting. The Titanfall numbers you see here are 360, PC and Xbone numbers lol.

Really dude? Infamous isn't charting because it isn't selling enough copies to chart. Grasping a little aren't we?

So exclusives don't chart now? I can haz a hit off of what your smoking? Sony, business as usual. Maybe infamous sold 1080p 60fps copies?

Microsoft once again destroyed Sony in software sales, for the how many, I can't count, months.

MineCraft 360 > All

The bionic legs of the true champion that is Minecraft!!!

Hey fanboy what do you think will be the number 1 selling game in May.. I have a hint for ya. It starts with a T and ends with a L.

#184 Posted by SambaLele (5418 posts) -

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Hey, don't feel excluded, please.

#185 Posted by GearsOfWarLover (583 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

The game is not very fun...it's okay to look at but no lasting appeal.

Couldnt agree more, platinum'ed and sold to gamestop

#186 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42883 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Hermits are not even close to being obsessed like cows and lemmings are with sales.

#187 Posted by Animal-Mother (26951 posts) -

@Stevo_the_gamer: Didn't you use to make a bunch of pie and bar graphs recording sales and scores?

#188 Edited by gago-gago (9484 posts) -

So when Watch Dogs comes out and if it becomes number 1 on NPD, people will now separate the sales for each platform to see where it sold more. How fun. Actually why wait then, which version of CoD, NBA, Lego, Spiderman sold more on this NPD?

#189 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42883 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: Didn't you use to make a bunch of pie and bar graphs recording sales and scores?

Games, yes.

Sales, never.

I play games, not sales.

#190 Posted by B4X (4796 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

Sales are very critical and should be followed. It hinges on the success of your hobby. It's a damn shame I can't play them though.

#191 Posted by blackace (20743 posts) -

@_SWAG_ said:

lulz xbone is fuckin dead! ps4 n infamous are number 1. titanflop didn't save the xbone at all lulz. if I was a xbone owner I would take a dump on it then smash it witha sledge hammer then bury it with et game. If u buy a xbone now ur brain got mental problems imho facts

Another mad cow. Seems to be a lot of them on here today. The disease os spreading.

#192 Posted by B4X (4796 posts) -

@blackace said:

@_SWAG_ said:

Another mad cow. Seems to be a lot of them on here today. The disease os spreading.

Careful bro. There could be lawsuits involved when replying to such a mentally skilled lingual tactician.

#193 Edited by gago-gago (9484 posts) -

Too bad they don't include digital. MS promoted the hell out of digital and features like Instant Switching that works for digital games only. They should find a way to track down digital sales for those who like watching sales.

#194 Edited by GearsOfWarLover (583 posts) -

@blackace said:

@I_can_haz said:

Are you trying to convince us, or yourself?? Cause everybody already knows your a lemming. You're kind of like a closet homosexual tbh....

#195 Edited by Desmonic (14064 posts) -

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@Desmonic said:

Hermits are not even close to being obsessed like cows and lemmings are with sales.

I'm gonna go on a limb and say that the fact that the amount of sales data on consoles vs sales data on PC has a big role on that :P Even still, on our little SW, we've had (and still have) some hermits that like to use sales.

#196 Edited by PS4hasNOgames (1768 posts) -

@Stevo_the_gamer:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@Desmonic said:

thats because they can't measure how much people bought a gaming pc, and they know all pc games get pirated to death and real sales are abysmal.

#197 Posted by B4X (4796 posts) -

@gago-gago said:

So when Watch Dogs comes out and if it becomes number 1 on NPD, people will now separate the sales for each platform to see where it sold more. How fun. Actually why wait then, which version of CoD, NBA, Lego, Spiderman sold more on this NPD?

WD will have 5 days to chart for may. WD will have a lot of June carry over sales numbers. It might number one though for May. We'll see.

#198 Edited by Chutebox (37223 posts) -
@Desmonic said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@Desmonic said:

I'm gonna go on a limb and say that the fact that for the most part the amount of sales data on consoles vs sales data on PC has a big role on that :P Even still, on our little SW, we've had (and still have) some hermits that like to use sales.

Ya, that's what I was thinking. Does anything report PC sales? The few times they did, herms love to post it.

#199 Edited by blackace (20743 posts) -

@GearsOfWarLover said:

@blackace said:

@I_can_haz said:

Are you trying to convince us, or yourself?? Cause everybody already knows your a lemming. You're kind of like a closet homosexual tbh....

LOL!! No. I know what I am. You idiots are the clueless ones and that's because your head up far up one fractions ass. You can't see what's in front of your face because there's too much sh!t in the way.

#200 Edited by Animal-Mother (26951 posts) -

@Stevo_the_gamer: I'm willing to bet in your 7 years of posting you've talked about sales...

So.

Here's one example.

"Wii had the sales, PC had the games. The only losers are the Xbox and PS3, although at least the Xbox greatly improved from the previous generation where as the PS3 stumbled."

I'm willing to be there are more.....