Now we know why MS wouldn't show any Titanfall 360 gameplay

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by MikeMoose (3074 posts) -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhhbFW6j_PU

It looks almost identical to the Xbox one version. Titanfall was supposed to be the "Killer App" for the Xbox One for 2014. Microsoft knew that if the public saw that the only difference between the Xbone and the Xbox 360 version was a very small graphics upgrade, nobody would want to shell out $500 to play the "next gen" version. Smart on their part, wont lie.

#2 Posted by MonsieurX (28652 posts) -

Considering this

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/df-performance-analysis-titanfall-xbox-360-31196887/#34

#3 Posted by melonfarmerz (1009 posts) -

That's a pretty fair assumption. Had the Xbox 360 / One versions been shown at the same time, not that many people would have spent 500 on an Xbox One just for Titanfall. To be fair though, development for this game started a LOOOOONG time ago and I'm assuming the game was originally intended for 7th gen consoles.

#4 Posted by freedomfreak (38165 posts) -

ya dabme sluts dfsqdffdfs d

#5 Posted by MikeMoose (3074 posts) -

Considering this

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/df-performance-analysis-titanfall-xbox-360-31196887/#34

Sorry, didn't know somebody had already made a similar thread. I just saw the video and felt the need to post it. Lol

#6 Posted by xhawk27 (7076 posts) -

Do you really believe that? MS could have cancelled the 360 version if they wanted to. They are going to make money on Titanfall on each system from XBL Gold subscriptions. Also people buy a system for more than one game.

#7 Edited by lglz1337 (3009 posts) -

titanfall LOL

#8 Posted by lostrib (31520 posts) -
#9 Edited by xhawk27 (7076 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

titanfall LOL

Still sad it's not on the PS4. LOL

#10 Posted by MikeMoose (3074 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

Do you really believe that? MS could have cancelled the 360 version if they wanted to. They are going to make money on Titanfall on each system from XBL Gold subscriptions. Also people buy a system for more than one game.

Then why not make bundles for other games? If you don't think Titanfall is the selling point for the Xbox one and this point, you're ignorant. I know they're going to make more money off of the Xbox 360 version as well, but I'm saying it's pretty obvious why they delayed the game and didn't show as much as a screenshot before the game was released.

#11 Edited by lundy86_4 (42648 posts) -

So "almost identical" this generation, are "huge differences" last generation? Do you remember the debates over resolution, between 360/PS3? Do you?

Also, I'd rather discern the differences outside of Youtube videos.

#12 Posted by xhawk27 (7076 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

Then why not make bundles for other games? If you don't think Titanfall is the selling point for the Xbox one and this point, you're ignorant. I know they're going to make more money off of the Xbox 360 version as well, but I'm saying it's pretty obvious why they delayed the game and didn't show as much as a screenshot before the game was released.

So you know for a fact that Bluepoint games delayed it for that reason instead of needing more time to polish the game and fix bugs in the game?

#13 Edited by j2zon2591 (2235 posts) -

Can't the Cloud help the 360 graphics or increase max human player count?

#14 Posted by MikeMoose (3074 posts) -

So "almost identical" this generation, are "huge differences" last generation? Do you remember the debates over resolution, between 360/PS3? Do you?

Also, I'd rather discern the differences outside of Youtube videos.

I said absolutely nothing about the 360 vs PS3. And no, I don't remember because I didn't really go on system wars much during last gen. I actually haven't really been around on Gamespot for the past few years, I just recently started frequenting the site again.

#15 Posted by lostrib (31520 posts) -

Can't the Cloud help the 360 graphics or increase max human player count?

The max player count is 6v6

#16 Edited by MikeMoose (3074 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

@MikeMoose said:

@xhawk27 said:

So you know for a fact that Bluepoint games delayed it for that reason instead of needing more time to polish the game and fix bugs in the game?

No, I don't "know for a fact" they did, but you don't know for a fact they didn't. It's not the hard to put two and two together. A screenshot would have been nice.

#17 Posted by Desmonic (12659 posts) -

@lundy86_4: Those were the best man.

"Bu-bu-but the PS3 has 0.5% less jaggies! ZERO POINT FIVE PERCENT!! :O "

"Bu-bu-but the X360 has 20 more pixels! 20 MORE PIXELS!! :O "

lulz

Now it's not as amusing as the differences are (or were with the first couple of games) far bigger and hard to ignore by any measure.

#18 Posted by mems_1224 (45737 posts) -

The X1 and PC versions are still waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the 360 version, especially the PC version. Stop lying to yourselves fanboys.

#19 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3223 posts) -

Why didn't they show any PS4 footage?

#20 Posted by Alucard_Prime (2600 posts) -

There is quite a difference between both versions based on some streams I saw. Watching compressed videos sometimes you cannot see some of the more subtle diffrences, like texture quality and other effects for particles. The framerate is lower, the resolution is lower....it's not as much that the Xbox One version is only slightly better, it's more that the dev did a great job porting it on the 360.

#21 Posted by MikeMoose (3074 posts) -

Why didn't they show any PS4 footage?

Because the game isn't on the PS4.

#22 Edited by pelvist (4466 posts) -

Has better frame rate and MUCH less screen tearing than the XBone version. The textures and resolution are obviously lower though and I thought i saw some corpses disappearing instantly, im not sure if that happens in the XBone version but I never saw that in the PC version. They probably held it back for the same reason they hold the PC version of multiplats back: To sell more on another platform.

#23 Edited by LJS9502_basic (149474 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

@MikeMoose said:

@xhawk27 said:

It's not like MS couldn't have told them to delay the 360 game. Not saying they did....just saying if that were the motivation...it wouldn't be Bluepoint but MS that made that call.

#24 Edited by I_can_haz (6454 posts) -

LOL at the dumb lems that spent $500 to play this 360 port at 792p with screen tear at 45fps. Dat nextgen leap.

#25 Posted by lostrib (31520 posts) -

LOL at the dumb lems that spent $500 to play this 360 port at 792p with screen tear at 45fps. Dat nextgen leap.

it wasn't a port of the 360 version.

#26 Posted by ZoomZoom2490 (3934 posts) -

it has gone to the point where if you own x1 you look like a goat, soon people will deny they own one rofl.

#27 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3022 posts) -

Already a thread regarding this video.