Now that Halo 2 is coming to the PC wil...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 alfy13
Member since 2004 • 3600 Posts

PC gamers like my self think halo 2 is going to be the ugliest game out on the pc? Also will halo 2 flop for the pc version? i really think MS should not even bother porting this game over to the PC, but that is just my opinion.

darklord888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 darklord888
Member since 2004 • 8382 Posts
I don't have vista but even if I didn't I wouldn't get halo 2. BF2, BF2142, CS: S...they all have better multiplayer. I dunno if console standards are really low or something but I found halo 2's online to be really nothing great at all. It was more of a "oh yeah thats cool, halo online yeah this is fun" then I got bored after like a week.
Yoruichii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Yoruichii
Member since 2006 • 565 Posts
I only want Live Anywhere to finally come out
ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#4 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts
I agree, even though I love Halo I gotta admit the action and feel is abit too slow paced for PC, but fits perfectly with a controller/console even though you gain some aiming with the mouse it still doesn't feel right plus the visual will probably feel a bit outdated. I'm possetive it will still be a great game though that many will enjoy...or hate :P
alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 alfy13
yah i remember when i first played halo 2. I played it on my friends xbox and me and him both wehre like why are ppl so hyped about this game. doesnt bring anything new to the fps genre, my friend soon returned his xbox and game and just bought a new vcard and UT that was out duing halo 2 period.
Teh_kenTa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Teh_kenTa
Member since 2007 • 58 Posts
It's going to be a flop.
tacomh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tacomh
Member since 2003 • 1847 Posts
why are they even porting this game, if you havent played Halo 2 by now its because you have no interest for the game. and by the way i think Halo 3 is going to flop, just my opinion.
alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 alfy13
i think its because MS thinks pc gamers are easy to milk off of. but yah i just do not see this game selling at all. they should just not even try to port it over. Pc gamers are going to have a field day dogging the crap out of this game when it comes out.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
They should know by now that PC gamers are the hardest to milk. No ones going to use their crap live anywhere service unless we ALREADY have a live account, I doubt many people will bother with Halo 2 on the PC (I mean Halo 2 console is already a ghost town), and we expect quality new games.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#10 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

They should know by now that PC gamers are the hardest to milk. No ones going to use their crap live anywhere service unless we ALREADY have a live account, I doubt many people will bother with Halo 2 on the PC (I mean Halo 2 console is already a ghost town), and we expect quality new games.Vandalvideo

Halo 2 console is a ghost town? It's still the 2nd most played game on Xbox Live after Gears of War.

laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts
two questions. do you have to pay for both Xbox live and MS live? and will you have to have MS live to play halo 2 online. because if both are true I'm not going to buy halo 2 for PC
Baird-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Baird-06
Member since 2006 • 3511 Posts
It's going to be a flop.Teh_kenTa
Is it even hyped AAA for the PC? :?
darklord888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 darklord888
two questions. do you have to pay for both Xbox live and MS live? and will you have to have MS live to play halo 2 online. because if both are true I'm not going to buy halo 2 for PClaughingman42
1. No(at least thats what I've heard) 2. Probably but silver still lets you play online, only PC vs PC.
ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#14 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts

two questions. do you have to pay for both Xbox live and MS live? and will you have to have MS live to play halo 2 online. because if both are true I'm not going to buy halo 2 for PClaughingman42

for the first question you can use the same account for both, as for the second you can use Live Silver just to play standard PC Mulitplayer, for cross-platform and other features Gold is required

laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts
[QUOTE="laughingman42"]two questions. do you have to pay for both Xbox live and MS live? and will you have to have MS live to play halo 2 online. because if both are true I'm not going to buy halo 2 for PCdarklord888
1. No(at least thats what I've heard) 2. Probably but silver still lets you play online, only PC vs PC.

thanks
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Vandalvideo

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]They should know by now that PC gamers are the hardest to milk. No ones going to use their crap live anywhere service unless we ALREADY have a live account, I doubt many people will bother with Halo 2 on the PC (I mean Halo 2 console is already a ghost town), and we expect quality new games.The_Game21x

Halo 2 console is a ghost town? It's still the 2nd most played game on Xbox Live after Gears of War.

Yeah, I was lpaying around on it yesterday and in comparison to GEOW there was like no one. :o
pins_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 pins_basic
Member since 2003 • 11521 Posts
Doesn't matter the game is 3 years old. They probably figure any more porfits we could pull out of this game is a good thing.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#18 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]They should know by now that PC gamers are the hardest to milk. No ones going to use their crap live anywhere service unless we ALREADY have a live account, I doubt many people will bother with Halo 2 on the PC (I mean Halo 2 console is already a ghost town), and we expect quality new games.Vandalvideo

Yeah, I was lpaying around on it yesterday and in comparison to GEOW there was like no one. :o

That's probably because no one was in matchmaking. A lot of people set up games over live with their friends in lieu of using matchmaking.

darklord888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 darklord888
[QUOTE="Teh_kenTa"]It's going to be a flop.Baird-06
Is it even hyped AAA for the PC? :?

No but it'll flop in sales.
CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CwlHeddwyn
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts
They should know by now that PC gamers are the hardest to milk. No ones going to use their crap live anywhere service unless we ALREADY have a live account, I doubt many people will bother with Halo 2 on the PC (I mean Halo 2 console is already a ghost town), and we expect quality new games.Vandalvideo
PC gamers are the hardest to milk lol- a brand new game gets released for £30.... then u find out to get decent graphics at a decent framerate u need to spend £300 on a graphics card- u can just hear the tills jingle in the background.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Vandalvideo
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]They should know by now that PC gamers are the hardest to milk. No ones going to use their crap live anywhere service unless we ALREADY have a live account, I doubt many people will bother with Halo 2 on the PC (I mean Halo 2 console is already a ghost town), and we expect quality new games.The_Game21x

That's probably because no one was in matchmaking. A lot of people set up games over live with their friends in lieu of using matchmaking.

Hence it felt like a ghost town.