Notice how just about every single Nintendo Wii U game

• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Are the games fun? Gotta focus on what's most important.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Shit, I find out this as I just purchased a WiiU, damn ..... what should I do ? ..... well, I´ll just have to sit, relax and enjoy them Ninty games I´m gonna purchase for it.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

@princeofshapeir said:

I thought Bayonetta 2 was proof the Wii U was at least on par with the 360/PS3, lol

This and in fact Watch Dogs has proven that the WiiU is more powerful than 360/PS3 but Watch Dogs isn't a Nintendo game.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 nini200

Eat your heart out TC

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@nini200 said:
@princeofshapeir said:

I thought Bayonetta 2 was proof the Wii U was at least on par with the 360/PS3, lol

This and in fact Watch Dogs has proven that the WiiU is more powerful than 360/PS3 but Watch Dogs isn't a Nintendo game.

STOP spreading misinformation, please. Watchdogs on WiiU is the worst version.

"Put into perspective, the PS4 operates at 30fps throughout most of our tests, while the PS3 runs between 25-30fps during cut-scenes, but can drop lower during gameplay. However, Nintendo's platform struggles to even achieve this level, with matching car chases towards the city holding at between 20-25fps on Wii U- dipping to the high teens when smashing through physics-based objects. Remarkably, a 20fps refresh is often the standard for inner-city driving, making it exceptionally sluggish to control."

"With a visual standard that matches the PS3's in almost every area, the Wii U offers by no means the best way to play Watch Dogs. We're spared the heavy tearing of Sony's last-gen console but the v-synced playback on Nintendo's console comes at a high cost. As is the trend for many of the ports to Nintendo's platform, performance is a genuine issue."

[emphasis mine]

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-vs-watch-dogs-on-wii-u

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 nini200

@locopatho said:
@nini200 said:
@princeofshapeir said:

STOP spreading misinformation, please. Watchdogs on WiiU is the worst version.

"Put into perspective, the PS4 operates at 30fps throughout most of our tests, while the PS3 runs between 25-30fps during cut-scenes, but can drop lower during gameplay. However, Nintendo's platform struggles to even achieve this level, with matching car chases towards the city holding at between 20-25fps on Wii U- dipping to the high teens when smashing through physics-based objects. Remarkably, a 20fps refresh is often the standard for inner-city driving, making it exceptionally sluggish to control."

"With a visual standard that matches the PS3's in almost every area, the Wii U offers by no means the best way to play Watch Dogs. We're spared the heavy tearing of Sony's last-gen console but the v-synced playback on Nintendo's console comes at a high cost. As is the trend for many of the ports to Nintendo's platform, performance is a genuine issue."

[emphasis mine]

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-vs-watch-dogs-on-wii-u

Watch Dogs ISNT a Nintendo game so the point still stands lol

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 locopatho

@nini200 said:

"Watch Dogs has proven that the WiiU is more powerful than 360/PS3" -> "Nintendo's platform struggles to even achieve this[PS3] level"

No, the point does not in any way still stand. Sorry.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 nini200

@locopatho said:
@nini200 said:

"Watch Dogs has proven that the WiiU is more powerful than 360/PS3" -> "Nintendo's platform struggles to even achieve this[PS3] level"

I win you lose XP

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#59 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Notice how every game ever made accommodates hardware limitations into its design? Ye, crazy stuff right?

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 locopatho

@nini200 said:
@locopatho said:
@nini200 said:

I win you lose XP

Damn :(

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#61 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

Your thread about Wii U's lack of retail games was fine but this is a pretty shit thread.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By nini200

@locopatho said:
@nini200 said:
@locopatho said:
@nini200 said:

I win you lose XP

Damn :(

You still get a cookie :D

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@StrongDeadlift said:

Or just generally most Nintendo games in the last several years or so, all have these weird hyper-stylized art styles designed to hide the inferiority of Nintendo's hardware?

Most of them are 2.5d sidescrollers, or if they're 3d, then they-re sort-of cell-shaded, or they're in some weird either top-down or faux-isometric perspective ala Super Mario 3D Land/World?

Its almost every single Nintendo game on the Wii U. There is no Nintendo franchise installment on the Wii u with a "normal" artstyle and "normal" graphical style with fidelity even at the Xbox 360 level.

So far, we've seen basically no actual proof that the Wii U is even as powerful as the 360, let alone more powerful. (ontop of the fact that pretty much every exclusive on the system follows the criteria above, and almost every multiplat when compared to even 360/PS3 versions of games, runs worse, or performs worse, or has missing features.)

Anyone else notice this?

You have a point there ....

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By AzatiS

@GoldenElementXL said:

What exactly is normal art style and normal graphical style? Is it the grey and brown, blurry, film grained, screen tearing, texture pop in, 30 fps style used by the other consoles?

Yeah, Sheep sure are missing out.

Games speaking , Sheep the last 10-15 years , missing out the best or some of the best games ever created ... just because of hardware limitations. So yeah .. you can talk about Mario and Zelda , Kart and Smash all you want every generation ... but when other consoles having their own exclusives PLUS games like Witcher 3 / MGS 5 / GTA 5 for example ... sheep missing out big time indeed.

And for every single 2D indie like game Nintendo might release there are x10 2D great indie like games to choose from on other platforms. So again ...

The only reason to buy a Nintendo console is ... for 6-7 games max for an entire generation when other platforms offering this amount of must play titles ( or way more ) ... every year. Sheep missing out some of the best experiences from multis-lacking alone and thats because ... of its hardware ( main reason even )... Whos missing out and getting forced to own 2-3 platforms ? Only sheep do.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 locopatho

@nini200 said:

Big cookie :O

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 nini200

@locopatho said:
@nini200 said:

Big cookie :O

See sometimes it's good to lose :D lol

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#67 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Who gives a flying **** if the Wii U isn't stronger than 360\PS3?

People are aware that it's not a powerhouse and I doubt they care

you always rave about pc being stronger than ps4/x1 and I say the same thing. We don't care if pc is stronger it obviously is, you can customize every single chip in there. Console gamers buy them for the exclusives, the ease of use, and the whole experience.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#68 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@locopatho said:
@nini200 said:

Need for speed U

Yeah, but this game is proof that (if it's not a cpu intensive game) that wii u is the more capable console.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#69  Edited By GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9726 Posts

@locopatho: Are you sure about that? The PS3/360 can't handle this. I could post more screenshots.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 locopatho

@Chozofication said:
@locopatho said:
@nini200 said:

Need for speed U

Yeah, but this game is proof that (if it's not a cpu intensive game) that wii u is the more capable console.

That's interesting. I suppose that WOULD fall in line with the better GPU, worse CPU that folks were talking about.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 locopatho

@GameboyTroy said:

@locopatho: Are you sure about that? The PS3/360 can't handle this.

I'm not sure no. Just judging by my own eyes.

We'll see when that game releases. It could very well beat every 360 and PS3 game ever made. I'd welcome that, this is an 8th gen console after all. But so far, I haven't seen it.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@AzatiS said:

Games speaking , Sheep the last 10-15 years , missing out the best or some of the best games ever created ... just because of hardware limitations. So yeah .. you can talk about Mario and Zelda , Kart and Smash all you want every generation ... but when other consoles having their own exclusives PLUS games like Witcher 3 / MGS 5 / GTA 5 for example ... sheep missing out big time indeed.

And for every single 2D indie like game Nintendo might release there are x10 2D great indie like games to choose from on other platforms. So again ...

The only reason to buy a Nintendo console is ... for 6-7 games max for an entire generation when other platforms offering this amount of must play titles ( or way more ) ... every year. Sheep missing out some of the best experiences from multis-lacking alone and thats because ... of its hardware ( main reason even )... Whos missing out and getting forced to own 2-3 platforms ? Only sheep do.

1 - So does 2D= Indie now? What "indie like games" does Nintendo release and what makes them "indie?"

2 - So Sheep are forced to purchase a 2nd console huh? If this is the case who is really "missing out?" Those with 2 consoles, or those with 1?

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#73  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@93BlackHawk93 said:

Could the 360/PS3 handle Xenoblade Chronicles X well?

Just curious.

Probably not without any downgrades because of the size of the world in the game/draw distance and the streaming technology used to render the world from what I have been reading.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#74  Edited By parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

"normal artstyle"

what the ****?

Get outta here

(but nintendo really should make another realistic Zelda ala Twilight Princess, it's fresh as ****)

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#75 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@parkurtommo: right? RIGHT?

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By AzatiS

@GoldenElementXL said:
@AzatiS said:

1 - So does 2D= Indie now? What "indie like games" does Nintendo release and what makes them "indie?"

2 - So Sheep are forced to purchase a 2nd console huh? If this is the case who is really "missing out?" Those with 2 consoles, or those with 1?

1) Easily ANY platform can counter Nintendos myriads of 2Ds . Thats my main point , "indies" if you like.

2) Yes they are ... Nintendos consoles the last 2 generations cant stand as a standalone gaming experience as the other platforms can/could. Period. Nintendo is missing x100 the amount of AAA/AA titles every generation and not the owners of the other platforms that are missing 6-8 great games at max.

Dont act like multis dont count or doesnt matter and dont get me started with a list ! Because it does , if you cant play some epic games therefore you getting forced to buy a second platform that providing all those games Nintendo consoles missing . So its not 1 console vs 2 or vice versa . Its which console is the best for its money which providing great games every single year of its life up to next - gen.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#77  Edited By GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9726 Posts

@super600 said:
@93BlackHawk93 said:

Just curious.

Probably not without any downgrades because of the size of the world in the game/draw distance and the streaming technology used to render the world from what I have been reading.

Probably not without any downgrades? The Wii U has more power than the PS3/360. The size of the world is very massive. I don't understand the streaming tech. It can do that? I could post more screenshots or videos.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@GameboyTroy said:
@super600 said:
@93BlackHawk93 said:

Just curious.

Probably not without any downgrades? The Wii U has more power than the PS3/360. The size of the world is very massive. I don't understand the streaming tech. It can do that? I could post more screenshots or videos.

Yeah. The size of the world is massive and the streaming technology(I'm talking about what is used to load objects into the environment) used most likely prevents the game from running on the last gen consoles without any downgrades. I said probably because I'm not 100% sure if the last gen consoles can handle this game. It does look kinda bad at times from what I heard also.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#79 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@MirkoS77: Not saying that the WiiU isn't weak (cause it is).

Just saying that Even with it's weak power the WiiU can still sing.

Sylveon128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Sylveon128
Member since 2015 • 99 Posts

And I still like wifi u

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#81 leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

back in 1996 in mario 64 you had to keep going back to the same stages instead of getting to new places like in the PS1 games (that had much ugglier visuals but had large CD memory)

also because of the lack of memory mario games had written text instead of voices, this became "mario games style" created out of hardware limitation

so its nintendo since the days on N64

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#82 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

@AzatiS: Good thing I own more than one platform, right?

Owning only one platform at a time isn't loyalty, it's stupidity. You (and everyone here) owe the companies nothing. They owe you nothing. For them to expect you to be a loyal customer while they backstab you by taking away features and making promises that are meant to be broken means that loyalty is a double standard.

I used to think Nintendo is the best company ever. After all, I grew up on Pokemon and Mario. Their games forever have a place in my heart. Nowadays, I find there are many ways to get a fantastic experience, irresponsible which company. Nintendo still proves that they can create such experiences. CD Projeckt Red brought low fantasy and grey morality with major consequences to video gaming.

Nobody should own one platform, it limits your choices and makes you limited as a result. Open your mind, and build a PC (yes, I am being ironic).

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 LegatoSkyheart

@leandrro said:

back in 1996 in mario 64 you had to keep going back to the same stages instead of getting to new places like in the PS1 games (that had much ugglier visuals but had large CD memory)

also because of the lack of memory mario games had written text instead of voices, this became "mario games style" created out of hardware limitation

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By AzatiS

@hiphops_savior said:

@AzatiS: Good thing I own more than one platform, right?

Owning only one platform at a time isn't loyalty, it's stupidity. You (and everyone here) owe the companies nothing. They owe you nothing. For them to expect you to be a loyal customer while they backstab you by taking away features and making promises that are meant to be broken means that loyalty is a double standard.

I used to think Nintendo is the best company ever. After all, I grew up on Pokemon and Mario. Their games forever have a place in my heart. Nowadays, I find there are many ways to get a fantastic experience, irresponsible which company. Nintendo still proves that they can create such experiences. CD Projeckt Red brought low fantasy and grey morality with major consequences to video gaming.

Nobody should own one platform, it limits your choices and makes you limited as a result. Open your mind, and build a PC (yes, I am being ironic).

You going away of my point ... how not to since there no valid argument to begin with when boss himself called his product secondary.

Calling stupid Literally million of gamers that having fun with a single console or platform ( im a PC gamer for example the last 15 years ) is laughable to say the least !

The ideal would be to have all 4 platforms every single gen right ? So if you have 3 you are a bit stupid , if you have 2 even more ... and if you having 1 ... stupid to the bone ? Wtf ...

The whole point im making is if Nintendo consoles can stand alone as a primary video gaming experience which it cant !! Nothing more , nothing less. ... Everything else is irrelevant to the point im making .. entirely irrelevant. Besides .. not everyone in the world can afford wasting 5k dollars to have all platforms etc for video gaming alone so you wont call em ... stupids!!! Come on now !

The big problem with Nintendo consoles is the lack of multis .. The core gaming experience for majority are multis rather than exclusives even if it seems otherwise at times ( when something big gets a release ). Thats why Wii / Wii U never can stand as a primary video gaming experience , will NEVER be or feel enough for a gamer ! Not like NES felt , not like SNES felt .. Thats all there is to it

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 leandrro

@LegatoSkyheart said:
@leandrro said:

i was a nintendo fanboy before you were even born

this is my first mario bros

Loading Video...

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 LegatoSkyheart

@leandrro: Likely story, but It's amusing for you to think None of Playstation's games had backtracking or that N64 games couldn't offer different stages.

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#87  Edited By TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

Uhh... So? Nintendo has their style just like any another dev.

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 leandrro

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@leandrro: Likely story, but It's amusing for you to think None of Playstation's games had backtracking or that N64 games couldn't offer different stages.

the history of nintendo hardware limitations started there on N64, because of the stupid insistence on harder to pirate cartridges instead of cd, before that it was only a very expensive vs reasonable prices difference like snes vs neo geo, today all nintendo 1st party designs is based on hardware limitations, it became nintendo's trademark

Loading Video...

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#89 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

@AzatiS: I'm a PC gamer as much as the next person, and I think we both agree that the Wii U is a perfect secondary console. My apologies if I didn't make that apparent. Another angle about Nintendo's lack of third party support, however, is the compromised quality of games like Kirby and the Rainbow Curse and Yoshi's New Island. Those are two games that clearly needed more time, but was rushed in a bid to pad a lacking lineup. That is a problem that would not have happened if the Wii U had even decent third party support.

No company can singlehandedly support a platform without seeing their quality diminish. Back to the topic at hand, I think the artstyle of Nintendo's games is just Nintendo being smart. I don't mind the likes of Battlefield overwhelming you with sheer power, but even such games can only hold a suspension of disbelief for so long.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 LegatoSkyheart

@leandrro: Which is COMPLETELY irrelevant to what you said.

For starters, That very same game you talked about, Mario 64, actually had voice acting.

Peach Talked, Bowser Laughed, Mario even said "Thanks for Playing My Game!"

The Banjo games had everyone saying some sort of noise, The Zelda games had grunts and yells, Mortal Kombat had voices, James Bond games had voices, Did you even play N64 games?

Also Playstation had Limitations too, It was more capable than the N64 sure, but I don't think it was by too much. Levels in Spyro were about as big as Super Mario 64 and So was a game like Ape Escape.

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#91 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

that's a good thing though.

it forces the developers to make games that won't be ugly in 3 years.

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#92 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts

Bayonetta 2 kinda null and voids your point, but okay.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By AzatiS

@hiphops_savior said:

@AzatiS: I'm a PC gamer as much as the next person, and I think we both agree that the Wii U is a perfect secondary console. My apologies if I didn't make that apparent. Another angle about Nintendo's lack of third party support, however, is the compromised quality of games like Kirby and the Rainbow Curse and Yoshi's New Island. Those are two games that clearly needed more time, but was rushed in a bid to pad a lacking lineup. That is a problem that would not have happened if the Wii U had even decent third party support.

No company can singlehandedly support a platform without seeing their quality diminish. Back to the topic at hand, I think the artstyle of Nintendo's games is just Nintendo being smart. I don't mind the likes of Battlefield overwhelming you with sheer power, but even such games can only hold a suspension of disbelief for so long.

Totally agree with everything you saying.

And yes , nothing wrong with the artstyle Nintendo uses. Its cute , it works and it lasts in time !

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Playstation was more capable than the N64 sure,

Lol Noooo it wasn't.

Don't get caught in this lunatic's ramblings

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 leandrro

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@leandrro: Which is COMPLETELY irrelevant to what you said.

For starters, That very same game you talked about, Mario 64, actually had voice acting.

Peach Talked, Bowser Laughed, Mario even said "Thanks for Playing My Game!"

The Banjo games had everyone saying some sort of noise, The Zelda games had grunts and yells, Mortal Kombat had voices, James Bond games had voices, Did you even play N64 games?

Also Playstation had Limitations too, It was more capable than the N64 sure, but I don't think it was by too much. Levels in Spyro were about as big as Super Mario 64 and So was a game like Ape Escape.

yes, n64 games had voices, as much voices as snes games, and a little more voices than nes games, wich is pretty ridiculos comparing to ps1 games

but ps1 was shit on everything else, the hardware on ps1 was about 1/3 of the graphics capacity on n64, but it had cd

nintendo advertised their games as full 3d games because they had better hardware

ps1 games were mostly 2d/3d and fixed camera 3d; but they invested in games with deep narratives and long stories (only possible on cd) for a audience that was getting older, they also made it easy for piracy; it worked much better for the ps1

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

I give the TC's trolling a 5/10. Needs more paragraphs. Better then AtariKidX but could learn from Speak_low.

What a dumb thread.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 LegatoSkyheart

@Chozofication: I was talking about the disc swapping. Why did you think PS1 got the most support back in the day?

Hardware it was lacking behind N64 but it was more capable of holding more space.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 deactivated-57d8401f17c55

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@Chozofication: I was talking about the disc swapping. Why did you think PS1 got the most support back in the day?

Hardware it was lacking behind N64 but it was more capable of holding more space.

I know, but that other guy was crazy saying N64 games didn't have varied environments. You got 2 benefits of CD back then - higher quality sound and FMV. The latter, I couldn't give a shit less about because none of that 90's cg looks good today anyways.

Well, a third benefit was cost, but those are the 2 technical benefits. Cartridges are vastly superior than discs from a development perspective, cost aside.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#100 thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts

The Wii U is more powerful than the 360. When you factor in that you have to allocate processing power to a second screen over a wireless signal, you are going to lose that power gap. The Wii U does not have a harddrive like the competing two last gen consoles, which are used to stream data and improve performance.

Additionally Nintendo is the only one who has a proper understanding of their hardware. They do not give sufficient development tools to their third parties like MS and Sony do for their partners.