Nothing has changed in the PS4 version of TLOU

#201 Posted by rosko123 (554 posts) -

http://wccftech.com/ps4-ps3-screenshot-comparison-shows-mindblogging-differences/

It's night and day. It's fair enough if you think it's "milking" but you can't say it hardly looks better with a straight face it looks stunning.

#202 Posted by rosko123 (554 posts) -

http://wccftech.com/ps4-ps3-screenshot-comparison-shows-mindblogging-differences/ It's night and day. Looks stunning.

#203 Posted by BananaCop (25 posts) -

it was still an amazing game on PS3. I will probably be re-buying it on PS4 because I loved it so much, but not at release. I'll probably wait for it to hit the half price range first.

#204 Posted by Epak_ (8543 posts) -

@inb4uall: So damn excited for it! GTA V and SSB 4 next fall!

#205 Posted by remiks00 (3698 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@-Karmum- said:

While I agree, you made a completely terrible comparison: TLOU was released at the very end of the PS3's life cycle with the PS4 coming around the corner, and in your hypothetical "The Order PS5" example, you'd be waiting like 6-7 years.

"Cash grab?" Maybe, but how many Xbox users who bought a PS4 missed out on TLOU on the PS3? Probably a few, I'm sure.

Yeah, I always see this argument: "Oh, but this is great for the people that missed out on TLOU"

But then I see loads of people saying: "I played TLOU already, but I would really want to play it again" where some are willing to spend 50 dollars again and others think it's an absurd price.

TBH I haven't seen that many lemmings or people that missed out saying they'll buy TLOU HD.

Truth

Avatar image for Infinite_Access
#206 Posted by Infinite_Access (2483 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

"We up-resed textures, we also turned on various graphics features that, on the PS3 we could only afford to turn on here and there in certain spots where it really offered bang for the buck, and in some cases those are turned on across the board now, like the bounce light from the flashlight," they said. "There's better anti-aliasing. Just a host of graphical improvements that bring a lot of crispness and additional quality to the look of the game."

"Our goal with the Remaster was to keep it as a 'true' remaster. Even though we had some ideas, we wanted to really just focus on keeping the same core experience. We dove into a couple things, like the new features with the PS4 controller."

Yeah, guys... that sounds like a very poor excuse to me, if anyone wants to play the original game, it's right there, it exists, it's still being sold, it's barely a year old, it's not even rare to find. With the recent spate of news about this game, The Last of Us on PS4 is increasingly coming off to me as a cynical cash grab made exclusively to pad up the PS4's anemic lineup this year (and maybe to get Naughty Dog familiar with the hardware with a relatively safe project).

SOURCE

Did you ever consider that maybe this wasn't made for you?? But for perhaps people that didn't have a ps3?? I mean sheesh.

#207 Edited by handssss (1905 posts) -

@remiks00 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@-Karmum- said:

While I agree, you made a completely terrible comparison: TLOU was released at the very end of the PS3's life cycle with the PS4 coming around the corner, and in your hypothetical "The Order PS5" example, you'd be waiting like 6-7 years.

"Cash grab?" Maybe, but how many Xbox users who bought a PS4 missed out on TLOU on the PS3? Probably a few, I'm sure.

Yeah, I always see this argument: "Oh, but this is great for the people that missed out on TLOU"

But then I see loads of people saying: "I played TLOU already, but I would really want to play it again" where some are willing to spend 50 dollars again and others think it's an absurd price.

TBH I haven't seen that many lemmings or people that missed out saying they'll buy TLOU HD.

Truth

fanboys on this website and gamers are 2 very different things. Most people don't subscribe to the console wars bullshit, but if they only have 1 console, it was due to financial reasons or other. Afterall, like 90% of these systems' libraries are the same multiplats.

I know 4 people personally who didn't have a ps3 and are hype as hell for Last of Us ps4. There's even some bigger names out there that have never played and now will like Angry Joe for example.

#208 Posted by dommeus (9433 posts) -

They could have at the very least fixed the hilarious friendly AI

#209 Posted by R4gn4r0k (23704 posts) -

@handssss said:

@remiks00 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@-Karmum- said:

Truth

fanboys on this website and gamers are 2 very different things. Most people don't subscribe to the console wars bullshit, but if they only have 1 console, it was due to financial reasons or other. Afterall, like 90% of these systems' libraries are the same multiplats.

I know 4 people personally who didn't have a ps3 and are hype as hell for Last of Us ps4. There's even some bigger names out there that have never played and now will like Angry Joe for example.

Yeah, I'm obviously not talking about what I see on this forum alone, that would be stupid.

With an install base of 80+ million people on PS3 and 10+ million on PS4 do you think those 4 people you know are the majority ?

#210 Edited by kinectthedots (3383 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@handssss said:

Yeah, I'm obviously not talking about what I see on this forum alone, that would be stupid.

With an install base of 80+ million people on PS3 and 10+ million on PS4 do you think those 4 people you know are the majority ?

He made a good point in the very first sentence of his reply.

A fanboy will lie, twist the truth, make up worst case scenarios, and preach idiotic and outlandish arguments to make whatever negative outcome they have painted in their head somehow fact.

Now I have a question for you, so how does this grab you..

With xbox 360 having an install base of 80+ million, PS3 having an install base of 80+ million and wii having an install base of over 100+ million...do YOU think the 7 million that bought TLOU on PS3 are the majority?

Yeah, so much for the silly fanboy questioning to try to make some kind of point.

BTW: There are about a dozen of those so called xbox gamers who never owned a PS3 who said they will pick up the PS4 version of TLOU R in this very thread...

There is around the same amount or even more in the other threads made to bash TLOU R with former xbox, wii or PC gamers who never bought a PS3 who said they want this PS4 version...yet you haven't seen any, lol of course you haven't...I refer back to handssss first sentence of his last reply.

#211 Posted by R4gn4r0k (23704 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@handssss said:

A fanboy will lie, twist the truth, make up worst case scenarios, and preach idiotic and outlandish arguments to make whatever negative outcome they have painted in their head somehow fact.

Now I have a question for you, how does this grab you..

Before I answer any kind of question you ask me I suggest you read the first sentence of my reply.

Because obviously you bolded his part yet fail to grasp what I said in my reply.

#212 Edited by kinectthedots (3383 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@kinectthedots said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@handssss said:

Now I have a question for you, how does this grab you..

Before I answer any kind of question you ask me I suggest you read the first sentence of my reply.

Because obviously you bolded his part yet fail to grasp what I said in my reply.

I read it...and?

To be explicit, I was countering your original comment EVEN about the other owners of different platforms who you say you haven't seen express interest in TLOU R even on this web site which he conceded to without an argument.

This part of your post...

"TBH I haven't seen that many lemmings or people that missed out saying they'll buy TLOU HD."

Is what I am challenging.

I used his first sentence to express this to you, that YOUR original comment about not seeing anyone express interest in TLOU R who had/do owned other systems is typical of the people who he described...fanboys on this website

Yeah, like that. You can proceed with any further comments. If you have any further objections to what I said let me know and I will be sure to clear it up for you deal.

#213 Posted by R4gn4r0k (23704 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

I read it...and?

To be explicit, I was countering your original comment EVEN about the other owners of different platforms who you say you haven't seen express interest in TLOU R even on this web site which he conceded to without an argument.

This part of another posters post...

"TBH I haven't seen that many lemmings or people that missed out saying they'll buy TLOU HD."

Which you highlighted and agree to with, "THIS" is what I am challenging.

I used his first sentence to express this to you, that YOUR original comment about not seeing anyone express interest in TLOU R who had/do owned other systems is typical of the people who he described...fanboys on this website

Yeah, like that. You can proceed with any further comments. If you have any further objections to what I said let me know and I will be sure to clear it up for you deal.

No, you obviously have trouble reading what I wrote.

"YOUR original comment about not seeing anyone express interest in TLOU R who had/do owned other systems is typical of the people who he described"

Where is that comment of mine ?

#214 Edited by remiks00 (3698 posts) -

@handssss said:

@remiks00 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@-Karmum- said:

Truth

Why would you assume I'm only talking about the very few people that go to this website. The fact is, from my perspective, I'm seeing a plethora more people who have already played the game on PS3 that are also wanting to buy it again on PS4 but they hate the $50 price tag. To reiterate what @R4gn4r0k said previously, fanboys are always throwing the "It's for people who missed out on TLoU", and that's only partially true. The fact is, Sony sees a money making opportunity with this gem, and they know that fans will rebuy the game because it's hands down a lot of fan's favorite game on the PS3; and the PS4's 2014 exclusive game selection is dry as ****. #2, people who own a PS4, but haven't played the game will buy it as well. Win/Win. Fact is, Sony knows this, and they are going to capitalize on the milkage. Ask yourself, Why didn't they remaster Uncharted first instead? Those same new Playstation camp joiners most likely didn't play those as well. Would make more sense right since those games are much older. hmmm? Exactly..

#215 Posted by R4gn4r0k (23704 posts) -

@remiks00 said:

Why would you assume I'm only talking about the very few people that go to this website. The fact is, from my perspective, I'm seeing a plethora more people who have already played the game on PS3 that are also wanting to buy it again on PS4 but they hate the $50 price tag. To reiterate what @R4gn4r0k said previously, fanboys are always throwing the "It's for people who missed out on TLoU", and that's only partially true. The fact is, Sony sees a money making opportunity with this gem, and they know that fans will rebuy the game because it's hands down a lot of fan's favorite game on the PS3; and the PS4's 2014 exclusive game selection is dry as ****. #2, people who own a PS4, but haven't played the game will buy it as well. Win/Win. Fact is, Sony knows this, and they are going to capitalize on the milkage. Ask yourself, Why didn't they remaster Uncharted first instead? Those same new Playstation camp joiners most likely didn't play those as well. Would make more sense right since those games are much older. hmmm? Exactly..

Seems like we understand eachother, or rather understand what Sony is doing here: Getting the game to new people ? good. Getting another 50 from people who already paid for the game? Even better

Funny how I'm being called a fanboy, yet some people can't even see (or rather refuse to see) how Sony is milking fans. Hahahahahahaha

#216 Posted by kinectthedots (3383 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@kinectthedots said:

I read it...and?

"YOUR original comment about not seeing anyone express interest in TLOU R who had/do owned other systems is typical of the people who he described"

wait, so it's not you who made this statement?

Why the hell are you backtracking? Those are your words as clear as day, please stop the amnesia act it's pathetic. Are those your words Yes or No? Also when you user terms like "lemmings" you ARE mostly talking bout here at this site.

I take it this is part of your act here to try to cover your butt. So are you talking back your previous claim now?

#217 Posted by handssss (1905 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@handssss said:

@remiks00 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@-Karmum- said:

Truth

nope. but I'd say a fairly reasonable amount of the 1/3 of ps4 owners who didn't have a ps3 will be interested. Afterall, most people who have a ps4 atm are early adopters since it hasn't even had an official price drop yet and early adopters are primarily gamers from what I've seen. Missing this game not once, but twice is something I don't think the majority would do.

#218 Edited by R4gn4r0k (23704 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@kinectthedots said:

I read it...and?

wait, so it's not you who made this statement?

Why the hell are you backtracking? Those are your words as clear as day, please stop the amnesia act it's pathetic. Are those your words Yes or No? Also when you user terms like "lemmings" you ARE mostly talking bout here at this site.

I take it this is part of your act here to try to cover your butt. So are you talking back your previous claim now?

Exactly as I thought, you have trouble reading my words. You say they are as clear as day, yet you equate "not seeing that many people" to "not seeing anyone"

Clear as day LMAO

Hahahahaha, you are comedy gold !

"Also when you user terms like "lemmings" you ARE mostly talking bout here at this site."

Another amazing argument.

#219 Edited by -Karmum- (3776 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@-Karmum- said:

Indeed. Is it millions of Xbox owners? Yeah, no...but it's an "excuse" Naughty Dog can sort of still get behind: plenty of PS4 owners who didn't get to play TLOU on the PS3 for whatever reason. There will also be plenty of people who buy it again as well, so the only way for these sort of things to stop is to have people not want to buy them.

I think it'll sell at least a million. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the sales from the game are just profit for Naughty Dog at this point, I don't think it cost them that much to port TLOU to the PS4.

Shrug.

#220 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (6444 posts) -

@rosko123 said:

http://wccftech.com/ps4-ps3-screenshot-comparison-shows-mindblogging-differences/ It's night and day. Looks stunning.

No offense but, that didn't look much better. I'm not really surprised. I expected it to be like Tomb Raider DE, with bumped up res and fps, and abit better textures, but not much. Sucks, but i'll be waiting to see the final build.

#221 Edited by -Karmum- (3776 posts) -

@deadline-zero0:

Honestly, I think that small comparison is better than what I've been seeing so far. Certainly not monumental, but everything does look sharper. Even buildings in the background look pretty sharp and not just a semi-blurry mess.

#222 Edited by kinectthedots (3383 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

Seems like we understand eachother, or rather understand what Sony is doing here: Getting the game to new people ? good. Getting another 50 from people who already paid for the game? Even better

Funny how I'm being called a fanboy, yet some people can't even see (or rather refuse to see) how Sony is milking fans. Hahahahahahaha

Really...also the same guy who is saying.

@R4gn4r0k said:

don't see lemmings and people who missed out say they will buy TLOU R huh?

Well let's look and see what I can find in THIS thread alone--never mind the 8+ other TLOU R threads that are floating around the front page of SW......................................................................

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

I am loving the constant crying SW is doing over this. Keep on crying. I will be grabbing this for the PS4 some time down the road and look forward to finally playing it.

@mister-man said:

It's quite simple. I look forward to buying the shit out of this game. Why? Because I only got to try it on a friends PS3, and never owned the game for myself. I didn't have the money to purchase the game before, and year later now I do...

What's your beef with the demographic this remake is targeting? Should I take your advice and never experience the game because your diluted opinion says it's a cash grab? A bunch of my friends have yet to play this game, and now they get to experience it in a much better way than playing it with outdated graphics on an older system.

Get your head out your arse, man. You make yourself look so bad

@ps4hasnogames said:

I will be probably getting it since I didn't really play the ps3 version. Its just something to quench the ps4 drought of no games in the summer. And it might lead to a possible sequel of some sorts since it sold 7 mill copies on the PS3.

@noahproa said:

I haven't played it yet, so I think I'll give it a try

@littlestreakier said:

I'll be picking it up on PS4. Last generation I gamed primarily on 360 and did not have a chance to play it. I let my fiance's brother borrow my PS3 and haven't seen it in 3 years...so I'd be cheaper for me to buy this instead of buy another PS3 and then the game.

@PAL360 said:

I understand theres no reason for PS3 owners to get this game again. For me its a day one.

@jer_1 said:

Probably well worth it if you never played the game...

I will find out soon I'm sure. =P

@nethernova said:

I expect it to be the game it was meant to be. Didn't buy it for PS3 because it was obvious there would be a PS4 version. Same for GTA5. If you were stupid enough to get it early, good for you. I assume you enjoyed the game anyway. Nobody forces you to buy it again.

@TwistedShade said:

You say it's a cash grab Char but what about all the people who never had PS3's to play the game? I just bought a PS4 not long ago and I'll definitely be buying this and since a lot of 360 owners moved to the PS4 maybe they haven't played the original either.

WOW, and you and remiks00 say you don't see any lemmings or other people who missed TLOU saying they will buy TLOU R????...Yet right here are a bunch of people who fit your description saying that...IN THE VERY SAME THREAD YOU ARE POSTING IN...LMFAO That is amazing, I must have superhuman eyes.

Blind fanboys tend not to see anything other than their self made reality.

And those are people ONLY in this thread, on a single game forum, in a single website...multiply these cases to a broad spectrum and it's clear there is a huge market for non-ps3 owners and people who never played the original who want to play this game on PS4. Only a couple of idiot fanboys trying to dance in some kind of fellowship circle jerk would challenge that notion.

So two fanboy clowns are saying only previous TLOU R owners want the game, except evidence I provided even in this single thread proves that wrong.

Handssss said: fanboys on this website and gamers are 2 very different things.

TRUE

You two fanboys are an exception to the views and opinions of real gamers on any stage even this website as it is clear that even former non-playstation owners and previous fans of other systems want the game. You had your chance to back out and amend you comments but it's too late now, weak damage control is all either of you fanboys are left to reply with...

YOU ARE DONE/

#223 Posted by inb4uall (6564 posts) -

@Epak_ said:

@inb4uall: So damn excited for it! GTA V and SSB 4 next fall!

You mean this Fall. Anyway, same.

#224 Posted by Wasdie (52431 posts) -

Good. For people who haven't bought TLoU on the PS3 it's a no brainer to buy this version instead. Those who loved it on the PS3 but want to experience it in 1080p60 glory can buy this too.

I'm not sure why so many people have a beef with this.

#225 Posted by TwistedShade (3139 posts) -

What further confuses me about this thread is how I could have sworn you said you were going to be buying this game Char. That being said why not just play the PS3 version and what's the point of making a thread bashing it and saying it's a cash grab when you're planning to buy it anyway?

#226 Posted by g0ddyX (3914 posts) -

Dont buy into the fanboy hate crap.

TLOU is a game that should be on any gamers radar.
PS4 is a good option for those who have not played it yet or who want to replay it.

#227 Edited by cainetao11 (28141 posts) -

@remiks00: I bought it day one last year and enjoyed and the dlc. But no. Not one year after. Maybe on PS5 super ultra 4k edition.

#228 Posted by cainetao11 (28141 posts) -

@Infinite_Access: "Did you ever consider that maybe this wasn't made for you?? But for perhaps people that didn't have a ps3?? I mean sheesh."

You think that a bunch of corporate suits sat in a think tank knowing TLOU sold over 6 million, also seeing how gamers buy basically the same game every year. See madden and cod. Then with pure intentions said" we should do this for the ones that didn't play it".

If the game only sells to one third of previous owners its over 2 million sold at this point. The rest is gravy. Come on dude, this is corporate business.

#230 Posted by heretrix (37738 posts) -
@charizard1605 said:

"The Last of Us on PS4 is increasingly coming off to me as a cynical cash grab made exclusively to pad up the PS4's anemic lineup this year (and maybe to get Naughty Dog familiar with the hardware with a relatively safe project)."

Yes. And with people jizzing all over themselves about this it's a smart move; they get people to pay for what is basically a training project that isn't taking up much resources.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
#231 Posted by ShepardCommandr (4197 posts) -

and the cows will still buy it of course

#232 Edited by Speak_Low (2249 posts) -

@TwistedShade said:

What further confuses me about this thread is how I could have sworn you said you were going to be buying this game Char. That being said why not just play the PS3 version and what's the point of making a thread bashing it and saying it's a cash grab when you're planning to buy it anyway?

He did say he will buy the Remastered version, and he has also said the PS4 has no games and isn't worth a purchase now, but he has a PS4. It's one thing to have realistic concerns and complaints about a system that we own ourselves, but these 'cautionary' complaints about the "PS4's lack of games/not worth a purchase" and "TLOU:R is cheap cash grab and bad industry practice" seem odd when the users go out and drop hundreds of dollars and buy the PS4 and TLOU:R anyways. Wouldn't that contribute to the very things they railed against? Wouldn't that also diminish the strength of their own arguments? (buying "sleazy cash grab" game for a system that they said was not worth a purchase).

I also don't think "Remastered Editions" will be a common and abused thing in the industry at all. Where are the announcements of these editions? Out of the hundreds of games released these past few years, we should easily be seeing over 20-30 of them (at least) announced to take advantage of the "slow launch period" and high PS4's sales right now, and yet we can't even name more than five Remastered editions coming out. Unless publishers are waiting to see how GTA V/TLOU:R perform in sales and letting them test the waters first, I still think a majority of publishers going down this path will take a worse financial hit because many of those other games just aren't on the same level of demand as these two games. Borderlands 2, Skyward Sword, Far Cry 3, Dead Island and lots of other games wouldn't do very well as Remastered Editions because the PC version exists, or the consumer demand isn't exactly "frothing" and has quieted down a lot.

Also, had TLOU:Remastered been simply called TLOU: GOTY Edition there would far less complaints. "GOTY Edition" would be accepted because, well, TLOU won so many GOTY awards and earned the right to have a re-released edition. But since this isn't being re-released on the PS3, and is getting a visual upgrade that other GOTY editions don't even bother with, and is coming out on a new system, 'Remastered' would be more fitting here. But the criticisms/hate seems exponentially more savage, even when what Naughty Dog/Sony is doing isn't that much of a departure from the countless other GOTY releases. One would almost think Naughty Dog/Sony was recklessly opening the gateway to the Portal of Hell itself by making TLOU for the PS4, as if industry angels reside everywhere else in the industry and their friendlier, modest actions are required to wake the greed-obsessed Sony/Naughty Dog and us paying gamers up from our 'stupor.'

I think we should leave the dramatics to Naughty Dog's excellent cutscenes. No crime has been committed and no devilish precedent is being laid here. We've had GOTY editions all the time (you see them all over Steam sales). Remastered Edition isn't that much different from what we've been getting for years for popular, award-winning titles, and the industry isn't going to grow overnight into a grotesque monster of publisher greed when the practice isn't that abnormal or even overdone (if it is, the publishers will learn fast when it bites them right back).

One last thing - Sony said this about TLOU and how many people have not played it yet (people keep forgetting that other gigantic group of gamers that this Remastered version is for):

“The Last of Us is considered one of the most significant titles of the last console generation, winning countless awards,” Sony Computer Entertainment Europe product manager Josh Walker told MCV in an interview. “It would be almost unfair for all our new fans to never play a game like this.”

Walker didn't share exact numbers, but said that Sony can see how many PS4 owners have played The Last of Us by looking at its PlayStation Network data.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/a-huge-proportion-of-ps4-owners-never-played-the-l/1100-6420923/

Unless you have better and more accurate numbers than what Sony sees on our PSN IDs, I like to believe them when they say that there is still a large potential audience who have yet to experience TLOU. They could've just bought the PS3 version, yes, but they went out and bought a PS4 for a reason too. Whether they just want to move on and drop last-gen, or whether many of them are Wii, Xbox 360 and even Wii U owners, who knows. They just noticed that many have yet to play this game for whatever reason, and seeing that the hardware/software launch right now for PS4 is far better than the slow PS3 launch, I think Naughty Dog/Sony have earned a right to make this Remastered Edition to take advantage of the timing, popularity and glowing prestige of this certain title and the success of the PS4. This is actually a good match right now. Trust me - I've seen far worse abuse for games far less worthy, released on systems far less successful (who am I thinking about here?).

#233 Edited by VendettaRed07 (14012 posts) -

What a pitiful year from sony.

There was NEVER a worse year of gaming releases on the ps3 than the first year of the ps4. At least with the ps3 in the first year we got Resistance: FOM, Warhawk, Uncharted 1, and Heavenly Sword.

The first year of the PS4 we aren't getting jack Sh#t. Two, year old ports of games everyone has already played with absolutely NO differences, a last gen sequel port of LBP3, and drive club, aka NOT Grand Turismo.

What is going on at Sony? They have soo many first party studios.. What the hell are they all doing? ls what's plaguing the Last Guardian devs spreading to everyone else like a disease? Ugh.

#234 Posted by rosko123 (554 posts) -

@deadline-zero0: Open the images in a new window there is no way you could possibly think that it doesn't look considerably better...

#235 Edited by remiks00 (3698 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

WOW, and you and remiks00 say you don't see any lemmings or other people who missed TLOU saying they will buy TLOU R????...Yet right here are a bunch of people who fit your description saying that...IN THE VERY SAME THREAD YOU ARE POSTING IN...LMFAO That is amazing, I must have superhuman eyes. - cool assumption. For starters, I never said that I didn't see newcomers wanting the game. Man you're an idiot.

Blind fanboys tend not to see anything other than their self made reality. - lol wut?

And those are people ONLY in this thread, on a single game forum, in a single website...multiply these cases to a broad spectrum and it's clear there is a huge market for non-ps3 owners and people who never played the original who want to play this game on PS4. Only a couple of idiot fanboys trying to dance in some kind of fellowship circle jerk would challenge that notion. -lol wut?

So two fanboy clowns are saying only previous TLOU R owners want the game, except evidence I provided even in this single thread proves that wrong. -lol, just wrong

Handssss said: fanboys on this website and gamers are 2 very different things. -cool story

TRUE

You two fanboys are an exception to the views and opinions of real gamers on any stage even this website as it is clear that even former non-playstation owners and previous fans of other systems want the game. You had your chance to back out and amend you comments but it's too late now, weak damage control is all either of you fanboys are left to reply with...

YOU ARE DONE/ -very lame

...Talk about wall of garbage assumptions, and name calling lol. This is why I rarely read your posts anyway, you've always been biased as hell towards Sony, and you're calling others "blind" fanboys when they disagree with your opinion. So now I'm a fanboy? Of what exactly? lol. Please do tell.

Allow me to reiterate and waste my time with you (Since you seem to have a comprehension problem.). Nowhere in my post did I say that "only previous TLOU R owners want the game.." (talk about delusion.). I said that I've seen more people, from "my" perspective, saying they wanted to rebuy the game on PS4 (myself included) but they didn't like the $50 price tag, than I've seen new PlayStation camp joiners saying they were going to buy it. see below

remiks00: "Why would you assume I'm only talking about the very few people that go to this website. The fact is, from my perspective, I'm seeing a plethora more people who have already played the game on PS3 that are also wanting to buy it again on PS4 but they hate the $50 price tag."

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

Also, the main point I was making, which you failed to grasp, was this. see below

remiks00: To reiterate what @R4gn4r0k said previously, fanboys are always throwing the "It's for people who missed out on TLoU", and that's only partially true. The fact is, Sony sees a money making opportunity with this gem, and they know that fans will rebuy the game because it's hands down a lot of fan's favorite game on the PS3; and the PS4's 2014 exclusive game selection is dry as ****. #2, people who own a PS4, but haven't played the game will buy it as well. Win/Win. Fact is, Sony knows this, and they are going to capitalize on the milkage.

It's just business. Sure, not EVERY fan will rebuy it at $50, or even rebuy it at all. I'm not generalizing. But most people will eventually to be honest. So how am I wrong exactly?

Oh, and I know you felt like you "claimed ownage" with your "YOU ARE DONE" or some lame shit like that at the end of your post lol. You really didn't. Instead, you went off on a tangent about "blind fanboys" which is completely derailing & ironic coming from you. I'll be the better adult here, and not continue ragging on you. You really need to stop assuming shit, and jumping to conclusions.

@Wasdie said:

Good. For people who haven't bought TLoU on the PS3 it's a no brainer to buy this version instead. Those who loved it on the PS3 but want to experience it in 1080p60 glory can buy this too.

I'm not sure why so many people have a beef with this.

I'm not sure either, I have no beef with it. They are a business, and they see a win/win opportunity to make money. Simple.

@cainetao11 said:

@Infinite_Access: "Did you ever consider that maybe this wasn't made for you?? But for perhaps people that didn't have a ps3?? I mean sheesh."

You think that a bunch of corporate suits sat in a think tank knowing TLOU sold over 6 million, also seeing how gamers buy basically the same game every year. See madden and cod. Then with pure intentions said" we should do this for the ones that didn't play it".

If the game only sells to one third of previous owners its over 2 million sold at this point. The rest is gravy. Come on dude, this is corporate business.

Exactly bro. Well said. But there's so many "blind fanboy"/ damage controlling cows on this topic that it's a shame. Really says a lot about the average intelligence within their faction.

#236 Posted by ActicEdge (24492 posts) -

Of course it's a cash grab. That said, did you play TLOU on a 1080p screen? The game is fucking atrocious.

#237 Posted by cainetao11 (28141 posts) -

@remiks00: "Allow me to reiterate and waste my time with you (Since you seem to have a comprehension problem.). Nowhere in my post did I say that "only previous TLOU R owners want the game.." (talk about delusion.). "

Dude I went through this yesterday. He kept making stuff up that wasn't said. Go easy, he may be schizophrenic. They see and hear (I guess read also) shit that isn't there.

#238 Posted by remiks00 (3698 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

@remiks00: "Allow me to reiterate and waste my time with you (Since you seem to have a comprehension problem.). Nowhere in my post did I say that "only previous TLOU R owners want the game.." (talk about delusion.). "

Dude I went through this yesterday. He kept making stuff up that wasn't said. Go easy, he may be schizophrenic. They see and hear (I guess read also) shit that isn't there.

Lol, thanks for the heads up.

#239 Posted by MirkoS77 (11057 posts) -

@speak_low: A great post that I agree completely with, pity that most who oppose such a rationale view will probably not even bother reading it. Your talents are wasted here. :)

#240 Posted by Shielder7 (5191 posts) -

Why would you buy this version just for slightly better graphics if you already bought the PS 3 version?

It honestly wouldn't be worth it to me to play through it again if the game was free, it was a good game don't get me wrong but I'm not going to grind through it just to see better lighting.

If you never played it you should pick it up, if you have why would you waste your money even if you did get a discount?

#241 Edited by Shielder7 (5191 posts) -

@ActicEdge said:

Of course it's a cash grab. That said, did you play TLOU on a 1080p screen? The game is fucking atrocious.

No it isn't

#242 Posted by ActicEdge (24492 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@ActicEdge said:

No it isn't

Yeah, it is.

#243 Posted by allthatdown (1229 posts) -

So the people who are complaining about this being a cash grab are the same people who were happy to pay full price for Windwaker on Wii U?

#244 Posted by CDWJUSTIN (2078 posts) -

Who cares if its a cash grab if you dont want it dont buy it.. quit your bitching.. for some people who have not played it and dont have a ps3 and DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO have a ps4 its a great time to play it... my friend skipped it and sold his ps3 for a ps4 now hes ACTUALLY going to play it because they made it a cash grab. i suppose you dont want him to play it because if he wanted to he should go back and buy a ps3 again

#245 Posted by kingjazziephiz (2548 posts) -

@allthatdown: windwaker HD was 50$. Plus the original windwaker was released like in 2004 or something

#246 Edited by MirkoS77 (11057 posts) -

Let me ask you people who are so adamantly against this remaster something....

What do you care what I spend my money on? Why is this so objectionable to you? Is it such a sin I want to play TLoU at a frame rate that does not appear to slog through the mud at times (down to 22 fps watching Digital Foundry's analysis) and became a detriment to gameplay? Is it such a sin I want it to appear at a higher resolution with better textures and shadows? Or that I want all the DLC in one place on physical media? That I care for faster loading times? Or am interested in the new features the DS4 will allow? That I would enjoy the insight developer commentary will grant me into the game's making during cutscenes?

Do you forget (or simply refuse to acknowledge) that all of these are indeed objective improvements, and is it that difficult to grasp that some people find that worth $50 (less, considering I'm trading in my original copy)? Don't presume you perception of value says anything on mine, and especially don't sit there and attempt to act like this is just being ported to the PS4 with no changes with an almost full retail asking price. It's not, and if that were the case I'd fully agree with the "cash grab" accusation. But not considering the above alterations. Hell, I'd be tempted to pay something just for a frame rate increase--that's how badly it affected the game at points.

But for ****'s sake's guys, get a grip, live your lives, and let me live mine. I don't appreciate being labelled a "corporate shill" or whatever other juvenile name-of-the-day you claim me under simply where I perceive value where you do not. TLoU is one of the better games to come out in the last decade in my estimation, and is most deservedly warranted the attention it's getting in this re-release, and as much as I'd like to admit otherwise the PS3 version is NOT perfect and its technical limitations were a unfortunate blemish on an otherwise outstanding product. I'm glad that they are being addressed and that Sony is taking the effort to do so, not only to help introduce this game to those who may have missed it prior, but are giving it the opportunity to be released fully as it was envisioned and deserves to be realized.

I don't mean to be overly harsh, but really, mind your own fucking business on where I choose to spend my money. This level of bemoaning is getting past ridiculous. It's really none of your concern and I don't understand why this is causing such an uproar. This is not going to turn into some ungodly evil trend that will ruin gaming as we know it. Speak Low brought up an excellent point, if this were labelled "GotY Edition" all of you whiners I doubt would have one thing to say.

#247 Edited by legendofsense (242 posts) -

@MirkoS77: completely agree, why people love to bitch about trivial matters is baffling.