chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

If you don't want it, don't buy it. Seems that a lot of people do want it so why shouldn't ND make it?

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@pyratrum said:

I don't understand the point of this thread and others bashing HD re-releases/remasters.

These re-releases are for:

A. People who haven't played the game/don't own a PS3

B. People who want a game they enjoyed with better graphics on a more capable platform.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. Simple as that. Stop the unnecessary bitching.

TC doesn't seem to understand...even though he already bitched about the game being a cash grab in other threads he felt it necessary to create this one.

I guess he want's other people to not get the game because of HIS opinion that it's a "cash grab" or whatnot. I guess he is really concerned about what other people do with their money...or rather anyone interested in a PS4 and this game.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Such a topic Char? I would've thought you'd to be above making such SW trash-bait.

Has anyone bitching and moaning actually played the PS3 version? The framerate was truly awful at points. Have they yet to play the PS4 version? Let's all try not to have a cynical premature ejaculate circle-jerk too soon, eh fellas? It's still two weeks away. I know you want to do everything possible to promote the U's library at a time when it's most apt before it soon becomes overwhelmed and forgotten in a year+, but this is not the way to do it. Actually, on second thought, I suppose it's the only way to do it.

And I still don't see the problem with this re-release. This is not a complete remake, it's a remaster. I can't wait until it releases so I can play this as it should be meant to be played.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@chessmaster1989 said:

If you don't want it, don't buy it. Seems that a lot of people do want it so why shouldn't ND make it?

If a studio like ND does it, its pretty much a green light for the rest of the industry that this practice is OK.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

@Desmonic said:

Those look very nice. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#56 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@pyratrum said:

I don't understand the point of this thread and others bashing HD re-releases/remasters.

B. People who want a game they enjoyed with better graphics on a more capable platform.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. Simple as that. Stop the unnecessary bitching.

TC doesn't seem to understand...even though he already bitched about the game being a cash grab in other threads he felt it necessary to create this one.

I guess he want's other people to not get the game because of HIS opinion that it's a "cash grab" or whatnot. I guess he is really concerned about what other people do with their money...or rather anyone interested in a PS4 and this game.

I do want you to point out where else I actually bitched about this being a cash grab. I actually stated I'll just buy this version instead of the PS3 one now to catch up on this game.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By chessmaster1989
@clyde46 said:

@chessmaster1989 said:

If a studio like ND does it, its pretty much a green light for the rest of the industry that this practice is OK.

But only if it brings sales, ie if people want to re-releases. And if consumers actually want re-released on new consoles, maybe they should be made. I know I bought a few HD remakes/remasters (Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts, Tales of Symphonia) and was definitely glad they were re-released in that form.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I am loving the constant crying SW is doing over this. Keep on crying. I will be grabbing this for the PS4 some time down the road and look forward to finally playing it.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Yet another jealous sheep who didn't play TLOU on PS3.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

are u really using a youtube screen cap...have we dipped this low

PyratRum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#61 PyratRum
Member since 2013 • 778 Posts
@charizard1605 said:

@kinectthedots said:

@pyratrum said:

I do want you to point out where else I actually bitched about this being a cash grab. I actually stated I'll just buy this version instead of the PS3 one now to catch up on this game.

Lol. So option A.

So what's the point of this thread? Post count? You're a moderator for crying out loud.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@chessmaster1989 said:
@clyde46 said:

@chessmaster1989 said:

But only if it brings sales, ie if people want to re-releases. And if consumers actually want re-released on new consoles, maybe they should be made. I know I bought a few HD remakes/remasters (Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts, Tales of Symphonia) and was definitely glad they were re-released in that form.

People want what they are told they want. Yes thats a very odd way of looking at it but if you take DLC for example, when MS brought this in with the 360, they promised it was a way for devs to extend their game after it was released. Fast forward to today and we have new games being made with content that is actually cut from the final release to sell on day one as DLC. Just look at Watchdogs. Look at Capcom and their antics of selling you content that is actually already included on the disc you already paid for. I can see these "HD re-releases" going the same way.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Nice cash grab

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#64 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

it seems Microsoft is the only ones who know how to do a remaster

chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By chessmaster1989
@clyde46 said:
@chessmaster1989 said:
@clyde46 said:

@chessmaster1989 said:

People want what they are told they want. Yes thats a very odd way of looking at it but if you take DLC for example, when MS brought this in with the 360, they promised it was a way for devs to extend their game after it was released. Fast forward to today and we have new games being made with content that is actually cut from the final release to sell on day one as DLC. Just look at Watchdogs. Look at Capcom and their antics of selling you content that is actually already included on the disc you already paid for. I can see these "HD re-releases" going the same way.

I'm not sure how the bolded fits in with the rest, nor do I generally agree with it (it's true to some extent sure). Yup DLC definitely gets abused but it's also used in ways it was originally meant. I'd much rather keep DLC with its abuses than get rid of it entirely. Same goes with HD remakes.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 kinectthedots

@clyde46 said:

@chessmaster1989 said:

lol, weak ass argument.

I can dismiss that line of logic with a simple supply and demand. TLOU was critically acclaimed game top 10 of the generation winning more GOTY awards than any game in history. The very idea that what you are saying is a real complaint is silly.

If people don't want TLOU R version that ND put on PS4 then they won't buy it and they won't make any more. That same line of logic follows with the Halo remasters and GTA4 as well.

"green light for the rest of the industry"? lol that means nothing go ahead and re-release a remastered version of Genji on PS4 and see what happens. They would likely end up like Crytek after making Ryse.

People want those specific games on these new systems and that is why they are being made, don't act like halo remakes haven't been done on xbox systems for the last 2 gens now so plz stop with the outrage act son because ND is doing it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@pyratrum said:
@charizard1605 said:

@kinectthedots said:

@pyratrum said:

Lol. So option A.

So what's the point of this thread? Post count? You're a moderator for crying out loud.

The point is that this is a worrying trend for the industry? Or am I not allowed to point that out?

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

I will be probably getting it since I didn't really play the ps3 version. Its just something to quench the ps4 drought of no games in the summer. And it might lead to a possible sequel of some sorts since it sold 7 mill copies on the PS3.

chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 chessmaster1989
@charizard1605 said:

@pyratrum said:
@charizard1605 said:

@kinectthedots said:

@pyratrum said:

Lol. So option A.

The point is that this is a worrying trend for the industry? Or am I not allowed to point that out?

Why though is it a worrying trend? If it's making games accessible on new platforms and people actually want that, why is that a bad thing?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@chessmaster1989 said:
@charizard1605 said:

@pyratrum said:
@charizard1605 said:

@kinectthedots said:

@pyratrum said:

Lol. So option A.

Why though is it a worrying trend? If it's making games accessible on new platforms and people actually want that, why is that a bad thing?

Because you are spending resources re-releasing a game that released, I repeat, just last year. It's not like the game is inaccessible, it's right there on the market.

Companies are just releasing the same game again for full price and easy money, and actual new projects are becoming rarer and rarer as a result.

vitonemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#71  Edited By vitonemesis
Member since 2006 • 3162 Posts
@kinectthedots said:

@charizard1605 said:

@kinectthedots said:

TC, then don't buy it moron and move on.

Everyone knows what the remaster means so stop being an idiot just because it's not on your platform fanboy.

Cute.

Now if you have a point, try making it again without all the name calling.

If you have a point with this thread why don't you make it. It's a remaster of a game a year old that includes all the DLC. You are acting if they should have added something else. The PS3 version is only a year old and with DLC would cost 45$.

Again, what is the point of this thread other than to scream, "please don't but TLOU R on PS4"? You have no real argument and you aren't telling anyone anything they don't already know, so why did you make this thread?

Also, do you have a PS4

The PS3 game is still 40 bucks in some places. Still the whole DLC that comes with the PS4 version is 40 dlls on PS3.

Left Behind: 15, Map pack 1: 10, Map pack 2: 10, Grounded mode: 5

The PS4 version is just a steal.

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#73 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@chessmaster1989 said:
@charizard1605 said:

@pyratrum said:
@charizard1605 said:

@kinectthedots said:

@pyratrum said:

Lol. So option A.

Because you are spending resources re-releasing a game that released, I repeat, just last year. It's not like the game is inaccessible, it's right there on the market.

Companies are just releasing the same game again for full price and easy money, and actual new projects are becoming rarer and rarer as a result.

Those are probably resources that would simply go to waste anyway in experimental development. They are going to a new platform, and learning that new platform via a port is just as good as doing so on a bunch of minor research projects that will never see publication.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@speak_low said:

Even the moderators think this moderator thread is pointless

I'm just one person, I don't speak for a collective

PyratRum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 PyratRum
Member since 2013 • 778 Posts

@chessmaster1989 said:
@charizard1605 said:

@pyratrum said:
@charizard1605 said:

@kinectthedots said:

@pyratrum said:

Lol. So option A.

That's what I can't wrap my head around. It gives people a chance to revisit old games with updated graphics while younger players get a chance to experience it for the first time on their current platform.

I played through Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater/Subsistence on PS2 more times than I can count and was ecstatic when the HD Collection was released. It's my favorite game of all time so I played that bitch some more. Bought it initially on the 360 as my PS3 was out of commission and then bought it again once I got a replacement PS3 as part of the Legacy Collection and I played that bitch some more.

I essentially bought the same game 3 times and I have absolutely no problem with it. Why would anyone do that? Because I fucking love Metal Gear and especially Metal Gear Solid 3. People vote with their wallets and HD re-releases/remaster/whateverthefuckyouwanttocallit are something that gamers are genuinely interested in.

****... I think I'm going to go play some Metal Gear Solid 3 right now.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@lostrib said:

wait, what were people expecting besides better graphics?

What are people expecting in a full price re-release of a game that is just a year old, with copies of the original release widely found just about everywhere?

I don't know.

It's not full price

_SWAG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 _SWAG_
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

lulz total meltdown becoz this is the best remake not like that halo chief. the funny part is that ps3 tlou still look better than any xbone game imho facts

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#78 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts
@pyratrum said:

@chessmaster1989 said:
@charizard1605 said:

@pyratrum said:
@charizard1605 said:

@kinectthedots said:

@pyratrum said:

Lol. So option A.

That's what I can't wrap my head around. It gives people a chance to revisit old games with updated graphics while younger players get a chance to experience it for the first time on their current platform.

I played through Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater/Subsistence on PS2 more times than I can count and was ecstatic when the HD Collection was released. It's my favorite game of all time so I played that bitch some more. Bought it initially on the 360 as my PS3 was out of commission and then bought it again once I got a replacement PS3 as part of the Legacy Collection and I played that bitch some more.

I essentially bought the same game 3 times and I have absolutely no problem with it. Why would anyone do that? Because I fucking love Metal Gear and especially Metal Gear Solid 3. People vote with their wallets and HD re-releases/remaster/whateverthefuckyouwanttocallit are something that gamers are genuinely interested in.

****... I think I'm going to go play some Metal Gear Solid 3 right now.

Yea don't see any issue with it..just don't buy it if you already played it. I did the same with RE4 have it on GC, Wii, PS2, PS3, & PC HD Ultimate version. :P

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

Actually, quite a bit has changed. The 60 fps being the most obvious, but jellies will deny this, as they deny it being the most awarded game of all time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@speak_low said:

This thread backfired in full 60fps. I've sent a link to Neil Druckmann and Yoshida. They'll know what to do with it.

You'll see exactly what you want to see- people who aren't sipping the Sony Kool Aid agree with the general idea that it's overpriced, people who are are continuing to argue that this is a good deal.

As for the bolded, just lol. Like, what do you even say to something like that?

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

TLOU in 1080P already shits on Crysis 3 so whats the problem charred turd?

slaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#83 slaves
Member since 2004 • 1443 Posts

I like cookies with my milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Pray_to_me said:

And your point is...

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

@charizard1605: "sipping the Sony koolaid?"

Dude...you have your face firmly planted in the Nintendo casserole dish everyday. What brand of wtf you smoking?

Thread backfire.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 kinectthedots

@charizard1605 said:

@speak_low said:

This thread backfired in full 60fps. I've sent a link to Neil Druckmann and Yoshida. They'll know what to do with it.

You'll see exactly what you want to see- people who aren't sipping the Sony Kool Aid agree with the general idea that it's overpriced, people who are are continuing to argue that this is a good deal.

As for the bolded, just lol. Like, what do you even say to something like that?

"the Sony kool Aid"

And thus we see the true agenda behind this dumb and unneeded fanboy thread. Take a bow Char bu but it's Sony???

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 UnbiasedPoster
Member since 2013 • 1134 Posts

No different from Twilight Princess at Wii's launch.

Or GTA V, when it comes to the PC.

If you don't want it, don't buy it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
@amazonangry said:

@charizard1605: "sipping the Sony koolaid?"

Dude...you have your face firmly planted in the Nintendo casserole dish everyday. What brand of wtf you smoking?

Sure, now when did I deny that?

I admit to being a Nintendo fan, albeit one that can at least call Nintendo out on their shit

@kinectthedots said:

"the Sony kool Aid"

And thus we see the true agenda behind this dumb and unneeded fanboy thread. Take a bow Char bu but it's Sony???

What's the agenda?

Since you seem to know so much about my agenda, why don't you tell me what it is? I see you still haven't answered my previous question, btw.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@Desmonic: TLOU on PS3 cows: "Best looking game eva!"

TLOU on PS4: "TLOU was a blurry mess before, look at it now, totally worth buying again for teh textures!"

I jest I jest!

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 kinectthedots

@UnbiasedPoster said:

Excellent point.

And it's funny no one even made a big deal about that game bing on the Wii. I guess it just takes another level of fanboy to campaign so vigorously to promote hate on something that no one have ever bothered to raise an eye brow about before.

Seriously UnbiasedPoster, thank you for bringing that most revealing piece of history back to the forefront.

The SAME exact situation happened with Twilight Princess for the wii. What say you TC?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@kinectthedots said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

Excellent point.

And it's funny no one even made a big deal about that game bing on the Wii. I guess it just takes another level of fanboy to campaign so vigorously to promote hate on something that no one have ever bothered to raise an eye brow about before.

Seriously UnbiasedPoster, thank you for bringing that most revealing piece of history back to the forefront.

The SAME exact situation happened with Twilight Princess for the wii. What say you TC?

You realize Twilight Princess on Wii was the first release of the game?

You realize you keep dodging every single question I ask you?

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Mister-Man
Member since 2014 • 616 Posts

OP: Your argument is weak, man. Sorely disappointed that you're a moderator that seems to enjoy stoking the fanboy-wars

It's quite simple. I look forward to buying the shit out of this game. Why? Because I only got to try it on a friends PS3, and never owned the game for myself. I didn't have the money to purchase the game before, and year later now I do. There is obviously demand for a remastered version, because there are people out there that are like me who haven't played the game yet. There are also people out there that love the game that much and haven't gotten the expansion pack, and most likely want a remastered version of the game that runs in high-res textures, higher polygons and the whole 1080p60 thing.

What's your beef with the demographic this remake is targeting? Should I take your advice and never experience the game because your diluted opinion says it's a cash grab? A bunch of my friends have yet to play this game, and now they get to experience it in a much better way than playing it with outdated graphics on an older system.

Get your head out your arse, man. You make yourself look so bad

NoahProa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 NoahProa
Member since 2014 • 70 Posts

I haven't played it yet, so I think I'll give it a try

Avatar image for littlestreakier
littlestreakier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 littlestreakier
Member since 2004 • 2950 Posts

I'll be picking it up on PS4. Last generation I gamed primarily on 360 and did not have a chance to play it. I let my fiance's brother borrow my PS3 and haven't seen it in 3 years...so I'd be cheaper for me to buy this instead of buy another PS3 and then the game.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Pray_to_me

@charizard1605 said:

@Pray_to_me said:

And your point is...

And your point is? That pic btw is a cutscene and they're now using the cutscene models ingame. So improved character models, improved lighting and graphical effects and textures one million one hundred and fifty two thousand more pixels per frame at nearly double the framerate; and you're trying to say it looks "teh same". Ok buddy.

FFS Gamespot I know you're a MS shill site but that's enough fanboy hater mods don't cha think?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#96  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I don't know what to say in another TLOU thread that I haven't reiterated before. I feel like this is the 30th SW TLOU thread, this topic is getting out of control.

Those that want the game remastered with all DLC go for it. I already beat it four times so I'm waiting on a price drop...same for The Masterchief Collection, Metro Redux, Tomb Raider, Diablo III Ultimate, and Zelda Wind Waker HD.

I know a LOT of previous 360 owners that got a PS4 and are dying to play this game. I meet them all the time online on PS4. The fact this is the ultimate version with all the DLC, bells and whistles has them incredibly excited to finally play this game. It's got a great MP as well. I want the DLC, but I am waiting on either a deal on PS3 DLC or the PS4 version for $20.

On the flipside, I see people all the time love these things so I can't blame companies for using old assets and reselling the merch if there is a demand. As long as it helps pay for Uncharted 4, Tomb Raider Deux, Halo 5, Metro 3, Zelda Wii U, Diablo 4, etc.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@mister-man said:

OP: Your argument is weak, man. Sorely disappointed that you're a moderator that seems to enjoy stoking the fanboy-wars

It's quite simple. I look forward to buying the shit out of this game. Why? Because I only got to try it on a friends PS3, and never owned the game for myself. I didn't have the money to purchase the game before, and year later now I do. There is obviously demand for a remastered version, because there are people out there that are like me who haven't played the game yet. There are also people out there that love the game that much and haven't gotten the expansion pack, and most likely want a remastered version of the game that runs in high-res textures, higher polygons and the whole 1080p60 thing.

What's your beef with the demographic this remake is targeting? Should I take your advice and never experience the game because your diluted opinion says it's a cash grab? A bunch of my friends have yet to play this game, and now they get to experience it in a much better way than playing it with outdated graphics on an older system.

Get your head out your arse, man. You make yourself look so bad

Look, you are entitled to buy this game if you want. I know I am. I'm not saying don't buy it. I'm saying, the game is a blatant cash grab, and the existence of these makes me sad, it makes me sad that we're seeing so many of these around.

I'm not stoking fanboy wars, I'm trying to have a pretty even headed discussion. People keep attacking me, I will eventually have to respond. Moderators are also people, I do want to remind you that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Pray_to_me said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Pray_to_me said:

And your point is...

And your point is? That pic btw is a cutscene and they're now using the cutscene models ingame. So improved character models, improved lighting and graphical effects and textures one million one hundred and fifty two thousand more pixels per frame at nearly double the framerate; and you're trying to say it looks "teh same". Ok buddy.

FFS Gamespot I know you're a MS shill site but that's enough fanboy hater mods don't cha think?

Where in the world did I say this game looks the same?

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Pray_to_me

But Nintendo pushes an X360 with a bootleg ipad controller and thats not a cash grab right?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Cows getting milked for another gen,nothing new.