Nobody care about Tearaway Unfolded (PS4)?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

I admit the first one completly bypassed me. But then again, vita.

After watching reviews of the first game (MC at 87), the trailer for Unfolded, and finding out it's Media Molecule, i actually like what i see. It looks like a fun little game that and while there's the obvious hadrware gimick design over the DS4, it seems to work well.

Nothing "wow amazing" but definitelly unique.

I see cows hyping up The Order 1886, and yet it's getting mixed impressions, while Tearaway and MM have a more proven track record.

Does nobody really give a shit? Are you simply more interested in other PS4 exclusives liek The Order 1886?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

a port of a vita game? probably not. And there is some decent dislike for LBP on here, idk if that cares over to tearaway

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0

@lostrib said:

a port of a vita game?

Not a port, an actual sequel. Or did i miss something

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 44865 Posts

Another great Sony exclusive you can't play anywhere else. Prepare for hate!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60665 Posts

Tearaway looks great for PS4. I'm certainly interested.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#6 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Tearaway was my favorite game of 2013. It's the best Nintendo game made in a long time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

I do care :o One of the games I keep an eye on, I hope it is as good as the Vita TearAway, and uses the PS4 controller as well as the Vita game used the Vita).

And it is not the same game ;) So overall I am in, far more interrested in this then I am in LBP3.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

@lostrib said:

a port of a vita game?

it's marketed as a retelling of the story from Tearaway with extended/enhanced features so I don't know what it counts as

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts

They could have done a bit more with the lighting. It looks lovely but a more advanced lighting engine would do wonders in convincing fence sitters, considering that PS4 owners are still starved for graphically impressive titles.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

Cows seem to have forgotten about LBP3 and Tearaway Unfolded. They spend more of their time bash the other platforms then they do hyping their own games. lol!! The only one I'm interested in is Tearaway Unfolded. I could care less about LBP3 at this point. Even "The Order 1886" will be a flip a coin decision in the end.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DEadliNE-Zero0

@lostrib said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

@lostrib said:

a port of a vita game?

it's marketed as a retelling of the story from Tearaway with extended/enhanced features so I don't know what it counts as

When you said port i imagined it was straight port of the original game. Looking at videos, it obviously looks almost the same artstyle/graphics wise, but since it's a different game, i don't think it counts.

Right?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I got a Platinum Trophy in Tearaway, I loved the game. I haven't met anyone at Gamespot that got a Platinum in the game back when I got it many months ago. Finding users that even bothered to play Tearaway hasn't been easy, but I did meet a few gamers that did enjoy the game. For as great as the game was, it's a shame more people didn't play it...I guess Assassin's Creeds, Maddens, and CODs were too tempting and Tearaway was on a platform not many people own (although I've met many a Vita owner that didn't bother with Tearaway as well).

Having mastered the game, I saw video's and recognized the levels and things so I know it's a port to a degree. You see, the game was designed for the Vita so a straight up port would be impossible. However, this is basically an expanded retelling of the original Tearaway game, adapted for PS4, and rebuilt from the ground up to use all the unique features of the Dualshock 4, and with a bigger prettier world running at 1080p and targeting 60fps to boot. "Tearaway Unfolded will be a familiar story, but with new ways to play, new places to explore, and a world that looks really rather stunning on PS4!"

I will pick up this "enhanced, retelling" port when it's on sale for the $20-$25 mark. If I never owned and played the Vita version, I would be eagerly awaiting this version. I don't think a formal date is announced though other than I read TBA 2015.

To answer TC, there is less HYPE because of the type of game it is (family friendly) and because it's an enhanced port of an older creative handheld game, albeit it an amazing game.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25930 Posts

The one time we can't say "Because everyone already played it".

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

It's a straight fight between tearaway and Rayman legends for my favourite vita game. A vita is worth getting just for tearaway. I think I'm only about 30% through but it's already a great game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

People care a lot. Had Charizard salty as **** for two weeks.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 44865 Posts

@SolidTy said:

I got a Platinum Trophy in Tearaway, I loved the game. I haven't met anyone at Gamespot that got a Platinum in the game back when I got it many months ago. Finding users that even bothered to play Tearaway hasn't been easy, but I did meet a few gamers that did enjoy the game.

Having mastered the game, I saw video's and recognized the levels and things so I know it's a port to a degree. You see, the game was designed for the Vita so a straight up port would be impossible. However, this is basically an expanded retelling of the original Tearaway game, adapted for PS4, and rebuilt from the ground up to use all the unique features of the Dualshock 4, and with a bigger prettier world running at 1080p and targeting 60fps to boot. Tearaway Unfolded will be a familiar story, but with new ways to play, new places to explore, and a world that looks really rather stunning on PS4!

I will pick up this "enhanced, retelling" port when it's on sale for the $20-$25 mark. If I never owned and played the Vita version, I would be eagerly awaiting this version. I don't think a formal date is announced though other than I read TBA 2015.

To answer TC, there is less HYPE because of the type of game it is (family friendly) and because it's an enhanced port of an older creative handheld game, albeit it an amazing game.

I think they should go further and do something with the ps4 camera too.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

It's essentially the same core game. They have to rework , scrap , or add things depending on the controls ... and then they will add , revamp , or change other things in the game to take advantage of the PS4 (or time they have).

I'm interested in both The Order 1886 and Tearaway Unfolded.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SolidTy

@SolidGame_basic said:

@SolidTy said:

I got a Platinum Trophy in Tearaway, I loved the game. I haven't met anyone at Gamespot that got a Platinum in the game back when I got it many months ago. Finding users that even bothered to play Tearaway hasn't been easy, but I did meet a few gamers that did enjoy the game. For as great as the game was, it's a shame more people didn't play it...I guess Assassin's Creeds, Maddens, and CODs were too tempting and Tearaway was on a platform not many people own (although I've met many a Vita owner that didn't bother with Tearaway as well).

Having mastered the game, I saw video's and recognized the levels and things so I know it's a port to a degree. You see, the game was designed for the Vita so a straight up port would be impossible. However, this is basically an expanded retelling of the original Tearaway game, adapted for PS4, and rebuilt from the ground up to use all the unique features of the Dualshock 4, and with a bigger prettier world running at 1080p and targeting 60fps to boot. "Tearaway Unfolded will be a familiar story, but with new ways to play, new places to explore, and a world that looks really rather stunning on PS4!"

That would be neato.

I never bothered getting the PS4 camera, but I might be tempted if they do some cool things with the cam as you suggested.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#20 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@TheGuardian03 said:

@Blabadon said:

Tearaway was my favorite game of 2013. It's the best Nintendo game made in a long time.

I thought it was a sony game?

Exactly

@SolidGame_basic said:

@SolidTy said:

I got a Platinum Trophy in Tearaway, I loved the game. I haven't met anyone at Gamespot that got a Platinum in the game back when I got it many months ago. Finding users that even bothered to play Tearaway hasn't been easy, but I did meet a few gamers that did enjoy the game.

They are, they're using it the same way they're using it on the Vita, making the player the sun.

I platted it a while back.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

Look at Tearaway. Then look at the average PS player. Then look at Tearaway. Now think about why no one cares, it's pretty obvious.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

@ActicEdge said:

Look at Tearaway. Then look at the average PS player. Then look at Tearaway. Now think about why no one cares, it's pretty obvious.

You mean they prefer gritty halfbaked games, with no charm or identity, usually in genres that plays better on other systems? :o

but I kind of agree. A vast section of people are just sitting on thier couches yelling "There is no blood!, no guns! no run of the mill dull Soldier as lead!"

sad really, I remember when gaming was about gameplay -.-

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SolidTy

@Blabadon said:

They are, they're using it the same way they're using it on the Vita, making the player the sun.

I platted it a while back.

Glad to hear it, you are the first I've met inside of Gamespot that platted the title although it's been awhile since I asked so I'm hoping more people hit the mark at this point.

Hopefully more people check out this title when it releases next year.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

a slap in the face to all vita owners.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

@Maddie_Larkin said:

@ActicEdge said:

You mean they prefer gritty halfbaked games, with no charm or identity, usually in genres that plays better on other systems? :o

but I kind of agree. A vast section of people are just sitting on thier couches yelling "There is no blood!, no guns! no run of the mill dull Soldier as lead!"

Well I was really just gonna say they aren't really into cutesy stuff and platformers but that works :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

@ActicEdge said:

@Maddie_Larkin said:

@ActicEdge said:

Well I was really just gonna say they aren't really into cutesy stuff and platformers but that works :P

ah damnit >.<

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

im definitely interested

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

I'm interested but at the right price. $20 is the most I'll drop on it. I supported them with the vita game.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#29  Edited By Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14491 Posts

@Blabadon said:

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I own and love the Vita version, even so, Unfolded would have to have a ton of new content to get me to buy it.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#31 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

I played the Tearaway demo on my vita, and like LBP it was not even remotely my thing, so no. I like the spirit of Media Molecule, but I really don't enjoy their games. I don't fault people who do, though... they make creative use of the Sony hardware.

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

Rabid Cows don't for sure.

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

I'm guessing they dislike childish-looking games.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44485 Posts

Cutesy indie games get old after a while, eventually we must succumb to our base desires as gamers.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

Thats great, I'll play it on the PS4..... for like $10 (or when ever it comes free on PSN+).

Its a good game, and who doesnt want more good games?

Cuz I aint getting no muthahfooqing Vita.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

If its as good as the vita version then I'll he hyped. I'm glad to hear the game will be using the PS camera, I really liked how it was used on the Vita.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#38 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

It's a great game, so I'm sort of glad it gets exposed to a wider audience now that it's coming to the PS4.

That said, **** off Sony.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39  Edited By ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

Too busy with real "next gen" games to waste my money or time on this.