No room for graphical improvement?

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 True_Gamer_
Member since 2006 • 6750 Posts

I read this thing all day here in SW....

Since when games look like this?

If and when we get a game that looks like that AND EVEN THEN there is ALWAYS PLENTY of room for improvement

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58889 Posts

Games are predominantly built for consoles rather than pc, with fixed hardware due to a tiny user-base with powerful machines and a rampant amount of piracy.

It's logical to ignore pc gamer.

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 True_Gamer_

@uninspiredcup said:

Games are predominantly built for consoles rather than pc, with fixed hardware due to a tiny user-base with powerful machines and a rampant amount of piracy.

Is piracy same as last gen lower or worst?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By uninspiredcup

@True_Gamer_ said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Being an older gamer, with experience and vast amounts of chest hair, I remember the days of 56k.

Now, young people can steal huge amounts of data at the click of a button. The console consumer is more reliable to purchase a product rather than steal it using entitlement as an excuse.

Thousands of hours of man work for men and woman who must feed families deserves to be rewarded. Pc gamers do not respect the right to live in the same manner the console consumer does, with humility and dignity.

Instead, it's all about them, them, them.

Fucking hell.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

Drop the framerate to 30 fps, add black bars, use a little fog and maybe some film grain and boom! You will have something one of the consoles could run. For the other console you will have to drop the resolution to 792p or something crazy like that. Then there is actually a 3rd console but nobody really cares about that one..

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

hi, Fox News of gaming.

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 True_Gamer_

@uninspiredcup said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Being an older gamer, with experience and vast amounts of chest hair, I remember the days of 56k.

Now, young people can steal huge amounts of data at the click of a button. The console consumer is more reliable to purchase a product rather than steal it using entitlement as an excuse.

Thousands of hours of man work for men and woman who must feed families deserves to be rewarded. Pc gamers do not respect the right to live in the same manner the console consumer does, with humility and dignity.

Fucking hell.

So if piracy has gotten worst...

Why EA ported one of its FLAGSHIP game ENGINES like FIFA?

Last gen PC gamers had to wait 5 years to get ps360's FIFA ENGINE...

This gen it took 10 months...

How really strange huh?

PS. Oh and from now on ill start calling voyeurism rape. And even looking at a woman Is from now on considered sexual molestation.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#8 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

There's always room for unrealistic art styles too. Almost infinite room, actually.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

yeah people are drunk saying there's no room for improvements. just look at character fingers (blocky fingers in 2015 are still a thing, now that's sad), hair, grass, tree leafs, reflections, water/waves as an example, we're in 2015 and all of it still blows in 95% of games released nowdays. and that's just small details in a game...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By uninspiredcup

@True_Gamer_ said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Fucking hell.

How really strange huh?

PS. Oh and from now on ill start calling voyeurism rape. And even looking at a woman Is from now on considered sexual molestation.

My friend, you just answered the qeastion.

"PORTED".

That is pc gaming now, not pc games, console left-overs. The master-race are very much like a dog under the dining table waiting for the console gamers to finish a meal and leave them scraps.

This is due to piracy. Rather than taking responsibility, everyone is to blame, but them.

Rather than seeing the reality, they run round under some sort of alternate reality; under the impression they have a better gaming experience.

Very odd. Hmm.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jankarcop

@uninspiredcup said:

pc gamers do not respect the right to live in the same manner the console consumer does, with humility and dignity.

wtf are you droning on about.

Almost all multiplats come on PC day 1 and are far better on PC 90% of the time, and if not its because they are too busy making even more improvements and it gets delayed.

And then you have the fact that pc has more upcomming exclusives and devs than any console, and no...not counting shitty 8bit indy games.

But also calculate pc has more gaming sales (software/hardware) than any 1 console...(not including 8bit indy, flash, web).

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 True_Gamer_

@uninspiredcup said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Fucking hell.

How really strange huh?

"PORTED".

That is pc gaming now, not pc games, console left-overs. The master-race are very much like a dog under the dining table waiting for the console gamers to finish a meal and leave them scraps.

This is due to piracy. Rather than taking responsibility, everyone is to blame, but them.

Rather than seeing the reality, they run round under some sort of alternate reality; under the impression they have a better gaming experience.

Very odd. Hmm.

Last gen EA made PC gamers wait 5 years.

This gen EA made PC gamers wait 10 months.

Why?

Oh and how many GENRES exclusive PS4 games evolve around?

Action Shooters?

If u look at a woman u are raping her.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#13 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@True_Gamer_ said:

Loading Video...

If and when we get a game that looks like that AND EVEN THEN there is ALWAYS PLENTY of room for improvement

This runs on Unreal Engine, even my PC can run it, I've tried. average at about 58 fps with a 970. This is what Unreal Tournament will look like. So yeah.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Nothing outstanding about that demo.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By uninspiredcup

@True_Gamer_ said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Fucking hell.

How really strange huh?

"PORTED".

Very odd. Hmm.

Why?

Action Shooters?

If Hitler was cloned, would he still be evil?

Exactly.

Using a tiny percentage scenario against the vast, overwhelming paradox will not change reality.

Nether will extremist BDSM sadomasochistic nonsensical analogies, my own Hitler analogy was not only logical, but pertinent to the point.

Let me ask you a qeastion, self proclaimed "pc", "gamer".

When was the last time pc gamers had a single player AAA FPS that was specifically built for pc?

As a unbiased onlooker, it seems to me, consoles have all but hijacked the once prominent genre simply through the virtue of... buying games.

They are built for control pads now, not the mouse and keyboard, this control scheme is quite simply (to use another excellent analogy) a flee, on a cat, sucking blood, taking a percentage of the cats nutrients.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jankarcop

@uninspiredcup said:

"PORTED".

Very odd. Hmm.

1. Ports? PC has more 80%+ exclusives than all consoles combined..

2. And many of these "ports" are actually made on PC first or simultaneously.

3. PC has the best upcomming games, and this isn't even all of them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_MY5oP-ks4

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@True_Gamer_:

When was the last time a developer invested a large amount of money into a pc game and then later released it on consoles, with a simplified structure?

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

Real estate agents everywhere just jumped for joy.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

@uninspiredcup said:

"PORTED".

Very odd. Hmm.

1. Ports? PC has more 80%+ exclusives than all consoles combined..

-Shitty indies.

2. And many of these "ports" are actually made on PC first or simultaneously.

-That's not how development works.

3. PC has the best upcomming games, and this isn't even all of them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_MY5oP-ks4

-An opinion.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

Hermits can't handle the facts uninspiredcup is laying down

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jankarcop

@Gue1 said:

1. Your Opinion. I was citing MC/GS. PC is first place factually.

2. Wrong again. Many multiplats are made for PC simultaneously or first. Almost all are better on PC..making this point a really bad thing for you to bring up.

3. An opinion, yes, but will likely be backed up by GS and MC, like the last 10 years. Happy battle for 2nd place in games and gfx!

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 True_Gamer_

@uninspiredcup said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Fucking hell.

How really strange huh?

"PORTED".

Very odd. Hmm.

Why?

Action Shooters?

If Hitler was cloned, would he still be evil?

Exactly.

Using a tiny percentage scenario against the vast, overwhelming paradox will not change reality.

Nether will extremist BDSM sadomasochistic nonsensical analogies, my own Hitler analogy was not only logical, but pertinent to the point.

Let me ask you a qeastion, self proclaimed "pc", "gamer".

When was the last time pc gamers had a single player AAA FPS that was specifically built for pc?

As a unbiased onlooker, it seems to me, consoles have all but hijacked the once prominent genre simply through the virtue of... buying games.

They are built for control pads now, not the mouse and keyboard, this control scheme is quite simply (to use another excellent analogy) a flee, on a cat, sucking blood, taking a percentage of the cats nutrients.

U still avoid to answer this strange change in EA's attitude...

The once scared of piracy console adoring PC avoiding EA is porting a game that took 5 years to appear on PC last gen SUDDENLY it takes them 10 months this gen

Name me one THIRD PARTY exclusive that consoles have...ONE

Anyway me and u both know that if piracy was such a huge issue console devs and PC devs would abandon the platform. (Dreamcast died due to piracy)

As for those single player FPS....where are they on consoles this gen? why they dont score even AA?

So what console people swallow the controller's retardness?

FPS and Strategy were both on PC...I dont see piracy pushing RTS to consoles? How strange?

And I agree with u piracy = theft this confines with my analogy voyeurism= rape

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 True_Gamer_

@Heirren said:

@True_Gamer_:

When was the last time a developer invested a large amount of money into a pc game and then later released it on consoles, with a simplified structure?

Translation:

PC getting ports from consoles is bad thing

Consoles NOT getting ports from PC is a good thing

Hmm strange...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@True_Gamer_ said:

@Heirren said:

@True_Gamer_:

Translation:

Hmm strange...

PC getting console ports is not a bad thing. Part of the issue is that the large budget games--and I am not strictly speaking "movie game" terms--are designed around consoles and it is a let down that the PC is not being fully utilized to its strengths(not strictly graphics).

Consoles NOT getting ports from pc is a good thing? I don't understand. I fully believe that if Blizzard were to release Starcraft on consoles and bundle it with a mouse/kb for $80 to $100, that the console community would embrace it. The deal here is that the up and coming console crowd gives the impression of being completely brain dead.

Something pc gamers seem to be consistent with is that they are never bummed out about potential. Here we have the most powerful hardware with the most robust and open input command options, yet pc gamers are content with what is put out. When I was younger I'd use an NES and would wonder what was to come. Same thing with the systems that followed, even the pc at a time. I remember playing Perfect Dark and how that opening level somehow represented the future of first person shooters.

To this day it is one of the most well structured and thought out infiltration missions ever developed--and this was 15 years ago. 15 years ago a developer wanted to give the impression of entering a building which was a sound structure. Not every room was important but it was the illusion that mattered. And even then I thought about how hardware limitations must have factored into the overall level design. I know this isn't on pc gamers completely and moreso the general popular trends, but people got to support what they like about their format.

Sorry for rambling but darn it just goes back to the real problem and thats the gaming community.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@Heirren said:

@True_Gamer_:

Diablo 3, it appeared on PC a whole year and 4 months before consoles and was stripped down somewhat for consoles gamers, and there's minecraft as well.

ArunsunK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26 ArunsunK
Member since 2014 • 335 Posts

@Heirren:

Consoles NOT getting ports from pc is a good thing? I don't understand. I fully believe that if Blizzard were to release Starcraft on consoles and bundle it with a mouse/kb for $80 to $100, that the console community would embrace it. The deal here is that the up and coming console crowd gives the impression of being completely brain dead.

From what I have seen one of the primary reasons that console gamers are turned off of PC gaming is because of the M+K. If you take Diablo III as an example of a Blizzard game ported to consoles it was not embraced as well as it was on the PC. It was well received but it barely scratched the embrace the game had on the PC.

Their is a stigma toward anything PC among the console crowd that isn't easily bypassed.

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#27 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

I think of PC being in an offset gen. I agree there aren't many games to test the power of mid-high end GPUs and it's an unfortunate side effect of lowest common denominator. XO is running BF4 at 720p/High. How the **** is a multiplat dev going to cater to that if they're trying to push cards that offer 3-10x the performance?

Like I said, true next-gen on PC hasn't started yet. It's close with UE4 going free, but it will take a uniform lighting implementation like VXGI. Lighting and texture work needs the extra kick.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jankarcop

@uninspiredcup said: When was the last time pc gamers had a...

FPS Made with PC in mind? Sure:

Arma, Hard Reset, Stalker, Crysis, Metro, BattleField, CS:GO

Many more this gen: Unreal Tournament, Toxikkk, OverWatch, CyberPunk, etc.

These 2 lists surely destroy the trash known as CoD,Halo,Killzone. lol console fps.

Metacritic and Gamespot disagree (scoress). As do DFC/JPR (sales). You are not as reputable as those 4 sources.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44551 Posts

I think people get too hung up on graphic performance needing to amount to photorealism rather than the expression of visually aesthetics as a product of the creative process.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

That is actually the new Gears of War trailer. It just has Marcus Fenix cut out, where he comes busting through the wall. :P

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 True_Gamer_

@Heirren said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@Heirren said:

@True_Gamer_:

Translation:

Hmm strange...

PC getting console ports is not a bad thing. Part of the issue is that the large budget games--and I am not strictly speaking "movie game" terms--are designed around consoles and it is a let down that the PC is not being fully utilized to its strengths(not strictly graphics).

Something pc gamers seem to be consistent with is that they are never bummed out about potential. Here we have the most powerful hardware with the most robust and open input command options, yet pc gamers are content with what is put out. When I was younger I'd use an NES and would wonder what was to come. Same thing with the systems that followed, even the pc at a time. I remember playing Perfect Dark and how that opening level somehow represented the future of first person shooters.

To this day it is one of the most well structured and thought out infiltration missions ever developed--and this was 15 years ago. 15 years ago a developer wanted to give the impression of entering a building which was a sound structure. Not every room was important but it was the illusion that mattered. And even then I thought about how hardware limitations must have factored into the overall level design. I know this isn't on pc gamers completely and moreso the general popular trends, but people got to support what they like about their format.

Sorry for rambling but darn it just goes back to the real problem and thats the gaming community.

The graphical advanced were made in 3 genres last gen:

MMO, FPS, Strategy

You can only complain about FPS....

MMOs are at the forefront of technical ONLINE graphics...

Strategy genre is growing strong too and pushing the envelope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@True_Gamer_ said:

@Heirren said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@Heirren said:

@True_Gamer_:

Translation:

Hmm strange...

MMO, FPS, Strategy

That is part of the point. Some genres have actually taken a step backwards, design wise. I mention fps for this reason.

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 True_Gamer_

@Heirren said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@Heirren said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@Heirren said:

@True_Gamer_:

Translation:

Hmm strange...

MMO, FPS, Strategy

That is part of the point. Some genres have actually taken a step backwards, design wise. I mention fps for this reason.

Thats all matter of preference. Either way the hardware envelope is being pushed.

Its not like things are stagnant.

Even look at the new Unreal game.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@True_Gamer_ said:

I don't think that's rendered, it's possible though but it simply to expensive for games today.

Virtual reality will ask for this quality though and people will pay for it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@True_Gamer_:

That is still just graphics(Unreal). I'm not discussing that.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

People were saying this a long time ago. My brother claimed in the early 2000s that they would never get trees right, and that we had reached a peak with shenmue.

Imbeciles on here were claiming we would never better the original Crysis. It is, of course, balderdash.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

@Chozofication said:

Nothing outstanding? It's the most visually realistic 'game' in existence running on real game engine technology that you can actually interact with. This demo almost completely bridges the uncanny valley, if you stop and put your view in one spot and step back from your monitor the simulation peels away, your brain starts to accept what you're seeing as something real.

Nothing outstanding? Everything about this is outstanding, it's incredible.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@Heirren: Console users would not embrace Starcraft along with a $100 price tag.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@nyadc said:

@Chozofication said:

Nothing outstanding? It's the most visually realistic 'game' in existence running on real game engine technology that you can actually interact with. This demo almost completely bridges the uncanny valley, if you stop and put your view in one spot and step back from your monitor the simulation peels away, your brain starts to accept what you're seeing as something real.

Nothing outstanding? Everything about this is outstanding, it's incredible.

It is still so static. I think that is the issue a few might have. People make the assumption that all the lighting and textures look this good so the animation must match--we don't know if that is the case or not, yet.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@clyde46 said:

@Heirren: Console users would not embrace Starcraft along with a $100 price tag.

Console users have payed premium numerous times, either with a bundled accessory or cart additions.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13663 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Fucking hell.

How really strange huh?

"PORTED".

Very odd. Hmm.

lol the PC gets all console games on top of it's own stuff. It's consoles which are left with nothing but a few retail exclusives a year. It's a pathetic situation.

The more console games come to the PC, the less use there are for consoles.

We do have the better experience we don't have to fight over games, while console gamers have to fight over "console exclusives" and "timed exclusives" and nonsense like that, we get your console exclusives (Xbox/PC, PS4/PC), just about all the multiplats, just about all the indies and we still get PC games. And our games are cheap and we can play on any hardware we like. Don't mind about graphics, good for that person, they can get an affordable low-mid PC if they like.

And consolites need to take responsibility for everyone getting raped with DLC. Because that is a direct result on the rampant 2nd hand market on consoles. Spend £40 - £50 on a game and £25 on a season pass, console developers can **** themselves. Gaming on consoles is like getting mugged, daily.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By clyde46

@Heirren said:

@clyde46 said:

Console users have payed premium numerous times, either with a bundled accessory or cart additions.

Its not so about price, its the type of game. Look at Steel Battalion on the original Xbox, a niche game that only appealed to a small fraction of the audience.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@clyde46 said:

@Heirren said:

@clyde46 said:

Its not so about price, its the type of game. Look at Steel Battalion on the original Xbox, a niche game that only appealed to a small fraction of the audience.

You are talking about a $200 game which was put against $50 at the time. It also received some criticism and took up a lot of space. Including a ms/kb is more akin to a $99 "limited edition" of today that gives you nothing, or the rumble pack or expansion pack or any of the more expensive console game--Street Fighter, Starfox, Virtua Racing, etc.

In an arena as big as videogames where porting starcraft 2 would be fairly easy, cost next to nothing, have zero competition, and potentially garner a large following? Even if risky it seems worth it to me. I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet and I'm also surprised Microsoft has not released a version of Minecraft with a ms/kb on xbox one.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 clyde46

@Heirren said:

@clyde46 said:

@Heirren said:

@clyde46 said:

You are talking about a $200 game which was put against $50 at the time. It also received some criticism and took up a lot of space. Including a ms/kb is more akin to a $99 "limited edition" of today that gives you nothing, or the rumble pack or expansion pack or any of the more expensive console game--Street Fighter, Starfox, Virtua Racing, etc.

In an arena as big as videogames where porting starcraft 2 would be fairly easy, cost next to nothing, have zero competition, and potentially garner a large following? Even if risky it seems worth it to me. I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet and I'm also surprised Microsoft has not released a version of Minecraft with a ms/kb on xbox one.

But the people who already want to play SC2 have already played SC2. Blizzard knows this and makes their games run on just about anything. Why bother including a KB/M that can only be used for *one* game and even then it would have to be certified by MS and Sony for use on their machines which goes against the idea of having everyone use the same control scheme thus having a level playing field....

Steering wheels and light guns can be used for hundreds of games yet the KB/M could only be used for one. As soon as you allow the use of a KB/M on a console then you are taking away one of the things that make console unquie, you then open the floodgates for a KB/M in FPS games which would have a hugely damaging effect on the player base. If you put a KB/M player in with a group of controller wielding players its like putting the cat amongst the pigeons. It would be a bloodbath.

Porting wise, sure it can be done. You can look at D3 when Blizzard ported that over but SC2 is different from D3.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@clyde46 said:

@Heirren said:

@clyde46 said:

@Heirren said:

@clyde46 said:

But the people who already want to play SC2 have already played SC2. Blizzard knows this and makes their games run on just about anything. Why bother including a KB/M that can only be used for *one* game and even then it would have to be certified by MS and Sony for use on their machines which goes against the idea of having everyone use the same control scheme thus having a level playing field....

Steering wheels and light guns can be used for hundreds of games yet the KB/M could only be used for one. As soon as you allow the use of a KB/M on a console then you are taking away one of the things that make console unquie, you then open the floodgates for a KB/M in FPS games which would have a hugely damaging effect on the player base. If you put a KB/M player in with a group of controller wielding players its like putting the cat amongst the pigeons. It would be a bloodbath.

Porting wise, sure it can be done. You can look at D3 when Blizzard ported that over but SC2 is different from D3.

Because it is a means to revenue. Rockband, Guitar Hero, DDR, Rumble Pack, etc. A massively sold game/accessory bundle doesn't just give the option for future use, it creates an entirely new accessory category. What is something massively overpriced in the console space? Accessories. People eat up all this limited edition stuff and variants. I'd go as far as saying releasing a ms/kb would better accentuate Sony/MS marketing ability in terms of correlating their box to social media/upoading to youtube or whatever.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#46 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

There is plenty of room for improvements.

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

Easily next gen if they stick with 30 fps and/or 1080 (or sub 1080p).

Yes there will still be room for improvement.. "Matrix" is the end all be all for games IMO.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

Easily done and then some on PS4.

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points