No one is fooled when you talk smack about Shadowfall

  • 66 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Shewgenja (9597 posts) -

I know in certain parallel dimensions people are posting from, there are no PS3s.. But for the rest of us, there are PS4 trailers featured at the PSN Store front page. One of those trailers is a Shadowfall gameplay trailer.

So, when you poke fun of this game, please do realize, some of us have seen precisely what it will look like on our bigscreen flat panels and you are looking flat out ridiculous.

#2 Posted by RR360DD (11979 posts) -

Enjoy those graphics.

I'm sure they'll make the game fun to play LOL

#3 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2598 posts) -

I'm afraid there are also people with 'Rigs' that have seen better than KZ:SF.

#4 Posted by Shewgenja (9597 posts) -

@zeeshanhaider said:

I'm afraid there are also people with 'Rigs' that have seen better than KZ:SF.

Derp. I have a gaming PC as well. You entirely miss the point. No one is in a measuring contest with Master Race. That being said, you also have to admit the game looks way better than about 95% of shooters on PC as well.

Is what it is.

#5 Posted by clyde46 (46554 posts) -

Bloom!

#6 Posted by NFJSupreme (5379 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

I'm afraid there are also people with 'Rigs' that have seen better than KZ:SF.

Derp. I have a gaming PC as well. You entirely miss the point. No one is in a measuring contest with Master Race. That being said, you also have to admit the game looks way better than about 95% of shooters on PC as well.

Is what it is.

it definitely looks good graphically but it's still just a generic shooter with new paint. What new element is KZ:SF bringing to the genre? COD, BF, and Halo have all brought innovations to the genre. Maybe it's because I'm not familiar with the game but what is Killzone's own thing that makes it unique.

#7 Posted by Shewgenja (9597 posts) -

@NFJSupreme said:

@Shewgenja said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

I'm afraid there are also people with 'Rigs' that have seen better than KZ:SF.

Derp. I have a gaming PC as well. You entirely miss the point. No one is in a measuring contest with Master Race. That being said, you also have to admit the game looks way better than about 95% of shooters on PC as well.

Is what it is.

it definitely looks good graphically but it's still just a generic shooter with new paint. What new element is KZ:SF bringing to the genre? COD, BF, and Halo have all brought innovations to the genre. Maybe it's because I'm not familiar with the game but what is Killzone's own thing that makes it unique.

Well, that's a slightly off-topic debate. But, it's a good question. In short, KillZone has a very good lore/mythos. The stories tend to be very gritty. Personally, I MUCH prefer KB/M for shooters. One thing I actually like about KillZone games is the (I don't have a better word to describe this, so bear with me) "weightiness" of the controls. Most modern shooters seem to have the protagonist running around like a Kenyan Track and Field runner on meth. In KillZone, you have to chew into territory a lot more. The games have a nice feel to them in that regard and it actually works alright despite using a controller.

Everyone has their own opinion, of course. I almost wonder if I did the Lems a favor making this thread. It was kinda cute watching them act like this game had crosshairs on its forehead.

#8 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (6009 posts) -

The game does stand out graphics wise from the rest of the nextgen games. But I do expect to see much better in a year or 2. Also the game looks a like a lot of fun to play online.

#9 Edited by TheEroica (13692 posts) -

Heres to another ten years of arguing about the only redeeming value in Killzone games being graphics...

#10 Posted by RimacBugatti (1287 posts) -

Based on my $3500 rig in comparison I think Killzone Shadowfall looks insane considering the price of the machine pushing it. I'm a little confused because some videos and screenshots look amazing and then some not so amazing. But judging by the better videos I have seen I'm impressed so hopefully the other videos are just earlier versions. And yes agreed the players feel like they have weight versus some games the players float as if they are running across the moon.

#11 Posted by lostrib (37492 posts) -

wut?

#12 Posted by lowe0 (13692 posts) -

I'm not sure that Killzone is the height of originality, but it sure is fun to play. That's all that matters to me.

Except for KZ1. I've thoroughly enjoyed every other game in the series, even Mercenary, but the first game is just plain bad. Even the remake didn't redeem it.

#13 Edited by lamprey263 (24130 posts) -

I'm disappointed by how different it is from other Killzone games. The original games were a war between two large galactic empires, involving armies in large military campaigns. This game involves just a single overpowered recon soldier single handedly taking on what remains of the Helghan refugees. And fighting the remnants of what's left of the Helghan, which exists in an oppressive apartheid world, I can see this game taking a predictable moral highground at some point... I mean a single recon soldier going out into Helghan territory alone, he'll eventually get captured, learned how he was fighting for the wrong side the entire time, then turned loose to fight against the oppressive ISA with all his advanced recon shit; it's gonna be a Haze story all over again, but it will look prettier.

#14 Edited by snugenz_irl (31 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

I'm afraid there are also people with 'Rigs' that have seen better than KZ:SF.

Derp. I have a gaming PC as well. You entirely miss the point. No one is in a measuring contest with Master Race. That being said, you also have to admit the game looks way better than about 95% of shooters on PC as well.

Is what it is.

Killzone better than 95% of shooters on PC, you have that backwards me thinks.

Oh and what are the specs of this so called gaming PC you have, and whats your Steam id?

#15 Edited by Shewgenja (9597 posts) -

@snugenz_irl said:

@Shewgenja said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

I'm afraid there are also people with 'Rigs' that have seen better than KZ:SF.

Derp. I have a gaming PC as well. You entirely miss the point. No one is in a measuring contest with Master Race. That being said, you also have to admit the game looks way better than about 95% of shooters on PC as well.

Is what it is.

Killzone better than 95% of shooters on PC, you have that backwards me thinks.

Oh and what are the specs of this so called gaming PC you have, and whats your Steam id?

I'm doing a rebuild of my rig in a month or two. Current rig is about three to four years old.

I said KillZone looks better. Way to spin. I'm sorry your loyalty to XBox makes you a jerk who acts like a politician.

No Steam ID for you. I have my reasons. No, I won't tell you my reasons, either. Please, proceed to hunt me down in threads and say I'm a liar or whatever. It will change not-a-goddamn thing.

#16 Edited by snugenz_irl (31 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@snugenz_irl said:

@Shewgenja said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

I'm afraid there are also people with 'Rigs' that have seen better than KZ:SF.

Derp. I have a gaming PC as well. You entirely miss the point. No one is in a measuring contest with Master Race. That being said, you also have to admit the game looks way better than about 95% of shooters on PC as well.

Is what it is.

Killzone better than 95% of shooters on PC, you have that backwards me thinks.

Oh and what are the specs of this so called gaming PC you have, and whats your Steam id?

I'm doing a rebuild of my rig in a month or two. Current rig is about three to four years old.

I said KillZone looks better. Way to spin. I'm sorry your loyalty to XBox makes you a jerk who acts like a politician.

No Steam ID for you. I have my reasons. No, I won't tell you my reasons, either. Please, proceed to hunt me down in threads and say I'm a liar or whatever. It will change not-a-goddamn thing.

I have no loyalty to Xbox never have never will, why is it that disliking cows on SW somehow translates to being a lemming?.

Another thing you're wrong about is that i don't think you're a liar, i know you're a liar, so by all means don't share your android quality game ridden steam id or non-existent gaming PC specs i won't hunt you down anywhere, i'll leave you to stew in your own usual bullshit.

#17 Edited by SUD123456 (4486 posts) -

Your not fooling anyone when you are reduced to defending Shadowfall's graphics, when no one is attacking the graphics except a few uber trolls.

The game will be pretty, but probably mediocre in gameplay. If you feel compelled to do something to earn your Sony merit badge then address the gameplay.

On the other hand, there really is no need to defend your favourite piece of plastic so much in the first place.

#18 Posted by NameIess_One (559 posts) -

@lowe0 said:

I'm not sure that Killzone is the height of originality, but it sure is fun to play. That's all that matters to me.

Except for KZ1. I've thoroughly enjoyed every other game in the series, even Mercenary, but the first game is just plain bad. Even the remake didn't redeem it.

Killzone and fun... these two may go together only in some parallel dimension, as the TC puts it.

I still remember my first time playing KZ2... it was late at night, I was tired, but I still wanted to give it a go. Played for half an hour, and it nicely lulled me to sleep. Was such a nice nap... slept like a baby...

#19 Posted by HaRmLeSS_RaGe (1270 posts) -

You know cows are grasping when they are having to use Killzone and indie games as "ammo" lmfao

#20 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (16313 posts) -

@lowe0 said:

I'm not sure that Killzone is the height of originality, but it sure is fun to play. That's all that matters to me.

Except for KZ1. I've thoroughly enjoyed every other game in the series, even Mercenary, but the first game is just plain bad. Even the remake didn't redeem it.

I agree. I had fun playing KZ2 and KZ3. But, the only thing that stood out were the Helghast. They're so likeable I just wanted to shoot them on sight.

#21 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@lowe0 said:

I'm not sure that Killzone is the height of originality, but it sure is fun to play. That's all that matters to me.

Except for KZ1. I've thoroughly enjoyed every other game in the series, even Mercenary, but the first game is just plain bad. Even the remake didn't redeem it.

Remake? Did not know that. Is it less broken than the original because I might get it.

#22 Edited by NFJSupreme (5379 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@NFJSupreme said:

@Shewgenja said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

I'm afraid there are also people with 'Rigs' that have seen better than KZ:SF.

Derp. I have a gaming PC as well. You entirely miss the point. No one is in a measuring contest with Master Race. That being said, you also have to admit the game looks way better than about 95% of shooters on PC as well.

Is what it is.

it definitely looks good graphically but it's still just a generic shooter with new paint. What new element is KZ:SF bringing to the genre? COD, BF, and Halo have all brought innovations to the genre. Maybe it's because I'm not familiar with the game but what is Killzone's own thing that makes it unique.

Well, that's a slightly off-topic debate. But, it's a good question. In short, KillZone has a very good lore/mythos. The stories tend to be very gritty. Personally, I MUCH prefer KB/M for shooters. One thing I actually like about KillZone games is the (I don't have a better word to describe this, so bear with me) "weightiness" of the controls. Most modern shooters seem to have the protagonist running around like a Kenyan Track and Field runner on meth. In KillZone, you have to chew into territory a lot more. The games have a nice feel to them in that regard and it actually works alright despite using a controller.

Everyone has their own opinion, of course. I almost wonder if I did the Lems a favor making this thread. It was kinda cute watching them act like this game had crosshairs on its forehead.

my thing is where is the innovation. COD innovated in multiplayer with the whole prestige/xp and leveling thing that every shooter went and copied. Halo made rechargeable hp vogue. Halo also brought in game video recording to shooters without the need for motion capture. Then there was forge. Battlefield is bring cross platform play between people on console/pc and mobile devices. BF4 has levelution as well. When I look at killzone its calling card is graphics and that's it. It's all people ever talk about.

#23 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

It's fun watching lems try to bask KZ's graphics when it runs and looks better than any game on Xbone while being 1080p/60fps. By saying KZSF looks bad they are indirectly saying their games look like turds.

#24 Posted by NineTailedGoku (1927 posts) -

@clyde46: Nothing better to do than antagonize Cows while their calling Lems out on their bull? I smell a lem in hermits clothing.

#25 Posted by JohnF111 (14093 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

It's fun watching lems try to bask KZ's graphics when it runs and looks better than any game on Xbone while being 1080p/60fps. By saying KZSF looks bad they are indirectly saying their games look like turds.

bu bu but RYSE!!

Seriously, Killzone Shadowfall looks good and is definitely the biggest title available at launch so if you can't handle it being criticised by lems then stop listening. Simple.

#26 Edited by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

HUH? just because you watched a trailer on your t.v makes no difference then if you watched it on your phone, tablet, computer

#27 Edited by NineTailedGoku (1927 posts) -

@SUD123456: Mediocre in gameplay? Do not try to pass your opinion as fact. The PS3 games was well reviewed so you and all the other Lems can stop using that card.

#28 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14401 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

Enjoy those graphics.

I'm sure they'll make the game fun to play LOL

Are you talking about Ryse?

#29 Posted by Shewgenja (9597 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

It's fun watching lems try to bask KZ's graphics when it runs and looks better than any game on Xbone while being 1080p/60fps. By saying KZSF looks bad they are indirectly saying their games look like turds.

In all honesty.

#30 Posted by freedomfreak (40875 posts) -

Yes. It's a pretty game.

Quite the revelation. Keep up the good work.

#31 Posted by RR360DD (11979 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@RR360DD said:

Enjoy those graphics.

I'm sure they'll make the game fun to play LOL

Are you talking about Ryse?

Either. They both look equally mediocre

.... just a pity Killzone is the PS4s flagship franchise LOL

#32 Edited by Pelon208 (3348 posts) -

I have enjoy all KZ games for the PS3, I'm sure I will enjoy this one too

#33 Edited by NineTailedGoku (1927 posts) -

@snugenz_irl: To answer your question, Lems and Cows are both fanboys, both groups can be obnoxious. Disliking one but being cool with another group that acts the same way makes one a hypocrit or a Lem. I dislike Lems and I can admit I prefer Sony and Sony fans. I find it hilarious how many posters here try to act neutral when they do nothing but bash Cows and speak up for Lems. Posters like CanyouDigit, Blackace, Lundy, Suds, Clyde, etc.

#34 Edited by Bigboi500 (29999 posts) -

Another mindless and over-hyped crap shooter with pretty graphics being over praised by System Wars cows. Nothing new here, move along.

#35 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14401 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@RR360DD said:

Enjoy those graphics.

I'm sure they'll make the game fun to play LOL

Are you talking about Ryse?

Either. They both look equally mediocre

.... just a pity Killzone is the PS4s flagship franchise LOL

So is Ryse, lol.

#36 Posted by ankor77 (984 posts) -

Killzone always looks pretty but the gameplay has never impressed me. I bought the last 2 on ps3 and couldn't get into them. I have a ps4 on pre-order but i'm skipping KZ for now unless the reviews are great.. I have my pc for FPS and will be busy with bf4.

#37 Edited by clyde46 (46554 posts) -

@NineTailedGoku said:

@snugenz_irl: To answer your question, Lems and Cows are both fanboys, both groups can be obnoxious. Disliking one but being cool with another group that acts the same way makes one a hypocrit or a Lem. I dislike Lems and I can admit I prefer Sony and Sony fans. I find it hilarious how many posters here try to act neutral when they do nothing but bash Cows and speak up for Lems. Posters like CanyouDigit, Blackace, Lundy, Suds, Clyde, etc.

he thinks I'm a lemming. Cute.

#38 Edited by Newhopes (4579 posts) -

Boring game is boring, who cares about graphics which aren't even that impressive to begin with.

#39 Edited by TheEroica (13692 posts) -

Does anyone else think the title screams, unquenchable butthurt? It is possible, shewi, that people just don't really care for the franchise and graphics on par with what pc is already doing may not overly impress everyone.

#40 Posted by Tessellation (8803 posts) -

Gotta love the upset camp when they try to pass KZ as 1080p/60fps when only the multiplayer is 60fps and not locked,SP is 30fps and not locked either

#41 Edited by Xaero_Gravity (8748 posts) -

Honestly, as pretty as it looks, I think I'm more excited to finally play a Killzone game with proper triggers.

#42 Posted by NineTailedGoku (1927 posts) -

@clyde46: Demonizing Cows but not Lems seems to point to that.

#43 Posted by ActicEdge (24492 posts) -

Fooling? Its possible they have PS3s AND think its meh. That's a very real option sir.

#44 Posted by thedork_knight (877 posts) -

no one is fooled by the pretty graphics

#45 Posted by Tighaman (971 posts) -

it looks good but not your best game at launch good and not $400 good. I wanted to play resistance at launch on ps3 more than i wanna play.

#46 Posted by Lumpy311 (673 posts) -

KZ is a shit franchise, tough.

#47 Posted by NineTailedGoku (1927 posts) -

@Lumpy311: Naw, got AAA and AA here, try again.

#48 Edited by waltefmoney (18030 posts) -

The worst Halo game will always be better than the best Killzone game.

#49 Posted by Syn_Valence (1350 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

@snugenz_irl: To answer your question, Lems and Cows are both fanboys, both groups can be obnoxious. Disliking one but being cool with another group that acts the same way makes one a hypocrit or a Lem. I dislike Lems and I can admit I prefer Sony and Sony fans. I find it hilarious how many posters here try to act neutral when they do nothing but bash Cows and speak up for Lems. Posters like CanyouDigit, Blackace, Lundy, Suds, Clyde, etc.

he thinks I'm a lemming. Cute.

You are one, so stop acting

#50 Posted by Magescrew (523 posts) -

From the videos I've seen Shadowfall looks pretty amazing graphically. Gameplay wise, the stuff I saw in multiplayer looked very Halo 3-esque, what with deployable shields and such. I'd even contend that if all you want is pure multiplayer fun, Halo 4 would be a better bet. If I had to choose between a remastered Halo 4 at 1080p and 60fps for the X1 or SF for the PS4, I'd probably go for the former based on what I've seen.