No Man's Sky , confirmed for PC .

• 108 results
#1 Edited by Cloud_imperium (2510 posts) -

Dsogaming reports :

In the latest issue of Edge, Hello Games’ Sean Murray confirmed that No Man’s Sky will be coming to the PC after the PS4 release. While the game will be timed exclusive on PS4 for a while, there is no doubt that it will hit our platforms at a later date (though we don’t know whether it will be three, six, nine or twelve months).

As Sean Murray told EDGE, Hello Games always had PC in mind. And while Murray describes his game console-y, he did shed some light on that term:

“I actually got in a bit of trouble for saying that we wanted the game to deel really console-y” says Murray. “We’ve always had PC in mind but in my head (console-y) means solid framerate and immediate controls. I think a PC game can be ‘console-y’ and it’s intended as a compliment, but I get in trouble for saying it.”

So there you have it everyone; official confirmation that No Man’s Sky is coming to the PC after the game’s release on PS4.

Kudos to NeoGAF for spotting it!

Source

Now as we know , we got following big Space Sims on PC (along with few others like Limit Theory and stuff) :

Elite Dangerous : 2014 (First expansion : 2015)

No Man's Sky : 2015

Squadron 42 (Star Citizen's Standalone SP-Campaign) : 2015

Star Citizen : 2016

On other hand , alot of people thought that No Man's Sky is going to be exclusive to PS4 . Turns out , it is not .

Thoughts .?

#2 Posted by gameofthering (10127 posts) -

Good. The game has my interest.

#3 Posted by Blabadon (25927 posts) -

We all knew it was coming on PC but I had no idea it was coming as a times exclusive to PS4

#4 Edited by EasyComeEasyGo (584 posts) -

No Man's Sky was never a PS4 exclusive from the gek-go, we already know it was coming to PC for a while now but I don't play Indie games on PC so I'm still getting PS4 version. Transistor was the same way so No Man's Sky was obviously coming to PC.

#5 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3368 posts) -

I hope it's good, it certainly looks intriguing.

#6 Posted by SYSTEM-REBOOT (646 posts) -

i knew it will be out for PC.

#7 Posted by Heil68 (43446 posts) -

Still getting for PS4.

#8 Posted by foxhound_fox (87640 posts) -

Let's hope it actually does well enough on the PS4 to justify the exclusivity. Knowing cows, they talk big about exclusives, but then don't really ever buy them outside Sony first party. I can see this game doing quite well on PC. Especially if it drops after Elite: Dangerous and before Star Citizen.

#9 Posted by sts106mat (19021 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Still getting for PS4.

#10 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3762 posts) -

But still, us PlayStation players will get to experience the magic first and formost. That's all that matters to me.

#11 Posted by uninspiredcup (7820 posts) -

Is the man who is making this game like rain man or something?

#12 Posted by MBirdy88 (7679 posts) -

But still, us PlayStation players will get to experience the magic first and formost. That's all that matters to me.

it will take mods to make it actually good probably, looks like nothing special as it is.... if it isn't vapourware.... the video wasn't even gameplay.

#13 Edited by SteXmaN (370 posts) -

Domination continues.

#14 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3852 posts) -

well after playing the shitfest that is destiny im looking forward to this game more. will buy the pc version

#15 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2510 posts) -

Let's hope it actually does well enough on the PS4 to justify the exclusivity. Knowing cows, they talk big about exclusives, but then don't really ever buy them outside Sony first party. I can see this game doing quite well on PC. Especially if it drops after Elite: Dangerous and before Star Citizen.

You made some good points there .

#16 Posted by 7MDMA (274 posts) -

Well, this was a PC game all along until Sony stepped in and tried to make it appear otherwise. Naughty Dog really is the only thing Playstation has going for it in terms of exclusives, aside from Bloodborne which would have ended up on PC too if there was no Sony payout.

#17 Posted by TheEroica (13305 posts) -

Congrats to pc owners... if this game is what they say it is, I hope every gamer gets a chance to play it.

Will be getting it on ps4 and steam.

#18 Posted by Bishop1310 (985 posts) -

annnddd this means i can get rid of my ps4. For real this is awesome news. The only reason ive hung onto it until now is for this game.

Really excited to play this on pc.

#19 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2510 posts) -
@7mdma said:

Well, this was a PC game all along until Sony stepped in and tried to make it appear otherwise. Naughty Dog really is the only thing Playstation has going for it in terms of exclusives, aside from Bloodborne which would have ended up on PC too if there was no Sony payout.

Sony often picks up PC projects and funds it for Playstation port , and then advertises it as Playstation exclusive . Just look at Grim Fandango remake .

#20 Posted by stizzal13 (602 posts) -

Greatness awaits...but for a limited time only...?

In all seriousness, I am glad that it will come to multiple platforms. The game is intriguing to say the least.

#21 Edited by freedomfreak (39139 posts) -

It was timed from the get-go.

#22 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3762 posts) -
@MBirdy88 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

it will take mods to make it actually good probably, looks like nothing special as it is.... if it isn't vapourware.... the video wasn't even gameplay.

It was gameplay. The creator even stated that he tried to find a place in the game to show it off. As the game is randomly generated with different monsters and aliens everywhere.

It looks really good. I don't care if another Titandrone hates it.

#23 Posted by uninspiredcup (7820 posts) -

well after playing the shitfest that is destiny im looking forward to this game more. will buy the pc version

Agreed. Truly the shittyest of shit.

#24 Edited by blangenakker (2220 posts) -

Awesome. Hopefully the game meets its ambitions

#25 Posted by tormentos (17082 posts) -

Dsogaming reports :

In the latest issue of Edge, Hello Games’ Sean Murray confirmed that No Man’s Sky will be coming to the PC after the PS4 release. While the game will be timed exclusive on PS4 for a while, there is no doubt that it will hit our platforms at a later date (though we don’t know whether it will be three, six, nine or twelve months).

As Sean Murray told EDGE, Hello Games always had PC in mind. And while Murray describes his game console-y, he did shed some light on that term:

“I actually got in a bit of trouble for saying that we wanted the game to deel really console-y” says Murray. “We’ve always had PC in mind but in my head (console-y) means solid framerate and immediate controls. I think a PC game can be ‘console-y’ and it’s intended as a compliment, but I get in trouble for saying it.”

So there you have it everyone; official confirmation that No Man’s Sky is coming to the PC after the game’s release on PS4.

Source

Now as we know , we got following big Space Sims on PC (along with few others like Limit Theory and stuff) :

On other hand , alot of people thought that No Man's Sky is going to be exclusive to PS4 . Turns out , it is not .

Thoughts .?

After the PS4.?

The master beggers...lol

#26 Edited by clyde46 (44877 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

Dsogaming reports :

Source

Thoughts .?

After the PS4.?

The master beggers...lol

Umm, it was always coming to PC......

#27 Edited by Wasdie (49626 posts) -

That's great. We already kind of knew that but it's nice to hear it again.

I'll probably still just get it for my PS4 so I don't have to wait. I've got Elite Dangerous on my PC already. No Man's Sky doesn't look like a game that really requires a PC to enjoy. The movement of the ships feels very arcady with no sim elements. I don't see how a joystick would really improve the experience much.

#28 Edited by OhSnapitz (18107 posts) -

..um.. if that one statement is all they're going on.. that's not "confirming" that is coming to the PC (although we all know it is).

#29 Edited by RR360DD (11605 posts) -

Once again, cows will be beta testing the game for everyone else. Thanks

#30 Posted by pyro1245 (540 posts) -

sounds about right

#31 Edited by PonchoTaco (1967 posts) -

Still not buying.

#32 Posted by NFJSupreme (5150 posts) -

Only Fanboys are shocked

#33 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (3852 posts) -

also forgot to say this game better support controller on pc otherwise i aint buying it

#34 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (1332 posts) -

@tormentos: Keep crying tomato

Anyway, this was obvious. The game started on PC. Sony picked it up, and then people got all excited for it sudenly. I'm still not 100% they call pull it of. But i'm just happy tht if it's good, i can atleast play with K/M. Freaking hate using a controller for first person games

BTW, is it not coming to the xbone?

#35 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2510 posts) -

After the PS4.?

The master beggers...lol

How old are you .? 12 .?

You shouldn't take platform wars too seriously IMO .

#36 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (1332 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

also forgot to say this game better support controller on pc otherwise i aint buying it

I imagine it'll get a dualshock controll scheme since it's releasing on the playstation first.

#37 Posted by Gamerno6666 (487 posts) -

@-Damien- Where are you buddy? are you still crying in a corner?

#38 Posted by blackace (20258 posts) -

Good. The game has my interest.

Mine too. Most gamers (excluding cows) knew this game wasn't going to be exclusive. I won't be surprised if it ends up on the XB1 in the future as well. I'll wait and see how the game actually turns out. The game looks great, but I'm hoping there is a LOT of things to do in the game besides flying from planet to planet and walking around.

#39 Posted by mems_1224 (46510 posts) -

TCHBO

#40 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1926 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

We all knew it was coming on PC but I had no idea it was coming as a times exclusive to PS4

This. It was PC only, then announce for PS4, now it comes PS4 first. Maybe it come to xbox after PC if xbone still alive end of 2015/16.

#41 Edited by Alcapello (775 posts) -
#42 Posted by lostrib (34374 posts) -

Was wondering how long it would take. I'd prefer something a bit more official

#43 Posted by Cobra_nVidia (1441 posts) -

“I actually got in a bit of trouble for saying that we wanted the game to feel really console-y” says Murray. “We’ve always had PC in mind but in my head (console-y) means solid framerate and immediate controls. I think a PC game can be ‘console-y’ and it’s intended as a compliment, but I get in trouble for saying it.”

I don't know...the more the merrier I guess, but if it's possible for associate "solid framerate" and "immediate controls" with consoles (the land of sub 30-fps disasters) in their head, what kind of game are they going to create?

#44 Edited by cfisher2833 (1576 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

Dsogaming reports :

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Solid framerates!? Immediate controls!? Is that a fucking joke!!?

#45 Edited by aroxx_ab (9265 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

So this is what PC gaming has come to, kinda sad to hear you need search for mods on interwebz to make your PC games playable...

#46 Posted by tormentos (17082 posts) -

Anyway, this was obvious. The game started on PC. Sony picked it up, and then people got all excited for it sudenly. I'm still not 100% they call pull it of. But i'm just happy tht if it's good, i can atleast play with K/M. Freaking hate using a controller for first person games

Oh please lemming drop your act..lol

Yeah the master beggers which are not part since you are a lemming..

#47 Edited by MonsieurX (29491 posts) -

Poor @-Damien- :(

#48 Edited by lostrib (34374 posts) -

@deadline-zero0 said:

Oh please lemming drop your act..lol

Yeah the master beggers which are not part since you are a lemming..

What are you talking about?

#49 Posted by adamosmaki (9449 posts) -

I love big worlds with lots of exploration in games but i still have my doubts about this game. Procedural generation in games so far hasnt been that good and it might as well end been countless levels identical to each other with barely anything to do and the combat from that short gameplay video didnt seem anything special . I do hope though it will turn out great ( and hopefully they will implement some RPG elements like ship upgrades )

#50 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3852 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

I imagine it'll get a dualshock controll scheme since it's releasing on the playstation first.

to hell with dualshock i want x360