no joke wii U only has 2 games released this month

• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

So this month the Wii U is getting the sequel to one of the best platformers of last gen? Terrible news.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#52 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

and there won't be another game for months too.

Also what's releasing on the PS4 and Xbox One this month?

After Feb no games till May - Mario Kart.. really bad...so much for their momentum.

@wiifan001 said:

@kemar7856 said:

@wiifan001: only mario kart 8 has a release date

but most are bound to release this year

Wouldn't count on it...unless Nintendo give them a release date.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#53 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41524 Posts

Unfortunately, putting Wii U sales aside, I don't see Tropical Freeze selling well. Mainly because the announcement of that game at E3 ND last year sparked an anti-Retro Studios attitude because it's either...

a) Not Metroid Prime 4 (a franchise the studio needs a LONG break from)

b) Rehash (what, and Prime 2 and 3 can't be seen as such?)

c) Not a new IP (common Nintendo complaint)

d) All of the above

Also add that Cranky Kong's announcement at VGX made it even worse (as someone who's actually looking forward to Cranky, the VGX wasn't an ideal way of showing, leave that to ND's).

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46170 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Droughts. Droughts everywhere.

next gen people

Draughts awaits.

edit: Waiting awaits

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@nintendoboy16 said:

Man, I'm sure we've discussed this before, but... what has it been 6, or 7 years now? Is that not a LONG break? Historically, the sweet spot for game sequels has been every 3 years... this is double that, or more. And considering that DKCR was their last big title + the fact that they now have two big franchises to work with, it would have made sense to start alternating. It wouldn't even have to be a Prime game, anything Metroid related from Retro would have been good.

Anyways, I doubt sales will be affected by the rantings of random forumites. I do agree that DKTF will likely sell poorly, but not for the reasons that you mention. You're giving a bunch of nobodies on forums way too much credit. Rehash/not new IP arguments never hindered a games commercial success. And the ones that wanted to see more Metroid and came to a forum to bitch about it aren't about to affect the decisions of a million+ potential customers.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#56  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19493 Posts

And how is that any different for the PS4 or X1? The PS4 only has 3 releases this month, and the X1 has 4 releases this month.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#58 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19493 Posts

@speak_low said:

@Jag85 said:

And how is that any different for the PS4 or X1? The PS4 only has 3 releases this month, and the X1 has 4 releases this month.

The PS4 and X1 haven't even seen their 1st "birthday." And both of those consoles have a lot more in March anyways (and far bigger titles like Titanfall and Infamous: Second Son and MGS V, the latter which the Wii U couldn't even get because its pathetic)

Wii U had a sucky lineup last February and March 2013, and it's actually gotten worse this year. The evidence is clear that one console has vanishing third-party support and is in trouble after being out for a full year.

The other two consoles just came out less than 3 months ago and are just warming up. Next February/March 2015, PS4 and X1 will never look as barren as what the Wii U looks like now.

Perhaps. Things aren't looking too good for the Wii U. But it's a bit too soon to say how things will turn out.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 nintendoboy16

@ConanTheStoner said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

Man, I'm sure we've discussed this before, but... what has it been 6, or 7 years now? Is that not a LONG break? Historically, the sweet spot for game sequels has been every 3 years... this is double that, or more. And considering that DKCR was their last big title + the fact that they now have two big franchises to work with, it would have made sense to start alternating. It wouldn't even have to be a Prime game, anything Metroid related from Retro would have been good.

Anyways, I doubt sales will be affected by the rantings of random forumites. I do agree that DKTF will likely sell poorly, but not for the reasons that you mention. You're giving a bunch of nobodies on forums way too much credit. Rehash/not new IP arguments never hindered a games commercial success. And the ones that wanted to see more Metroid and came to a forum to bitch about it aren't about to affect the decisions of a million+ potential customers.

Compared to how long Kid Icarus fans had to wait for a new game, it's nothing. Hell, StarTropics fans are still waiting for a third game and F-Zero has been absent a bit longer than a Retro developed Metroid.

Besides that, I don't think Retro should be the central Metroid factory. It would be like appointing Rare to do nothing, but Donkey Kong (meaning no Killer Instinct, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Conker, Blast Corps, Jet Force Gemini, Star Fox Adventures, and Banjo)

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 ConanTheStoner

@nintendoboy16 said:

Compared to how long Kid Icarus fans had to wait for a new game, it's nothing. Hell, StarTropics fans are still waiting for a third game and F-Zero has been absent a bit longer than a Retro developed Metroid.

Besides that, I don't think Retro should be the central Metroid factory. It would be like appointing Rare to do nothing, but Donkey Kong (meaning no Killer Instinct, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Conker, Blast Corps, Jet Force Gemini, Star Fox Adventures, and Banjo)

So because some series have ridiculously long gaps, others should too? That makes no sense man. If Retro were to start development on a new Metroid now, it would probably be out in about 3 years. Just for example, that would mean that some kid that played MP3 in 5th grade would finally get to play the sequel while he's approaching the end of a Bachelors program.

Sorry man, your reasoning is way off. You say that they need a long break from the franchise. Relatively speaking, they've had an enormous break from the franchise. If you're not into Metroid then cool, just say it. There is no argument to be had about having a break though.

And I never said Retro should make nothing but Metroid, not sure where you're getting that from. I thought DKCR was fantastic and I'll be getting DKTF day one. I'm just saying that point of view on this seems to very one sided is all.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 nintendoboy16

@ConanTheStoner said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

So because some series have ridiculously long gaps, others should too? That makes no sense man. If Retro were to start development on a new Metroid now, it would probably be out in about 3 years. Just for example, that would mean that some kid that played MP3 in 5th grade would finally get to play the sequel while he's approaching the end of a Bachelors program.

Sorry man, your reasoning is way off. You say that they need a long break from the franchise. Relatively speaking, they've had an enormous break from the franchise. If you're not into Metroid then cool, just say it. There is no argument to be had about having a break though.

And I never said Retro should make nothing but Metroid, not sure where you're getting that from. I thought DKCR was fantastic and I'll be getting DKTF day one. I'm just saying that point of view on this seems to very one sided is all.

Dude, I don't hate Metroid, I actually love the series with a passion. Even with it's flaws, I managed to enjoy Other M (can't say the same for the other game I compare it too though). But it's not the reason why I feel Retro needs a break from the franchise (heck, the fiasco around Other M and the fact that the franchise hasn't been heard from since makes me think Nintendo put it on the backburner with Star Fox and F-Zero).

Not to mention, I brought up Kid Icarus and StarTropics because 6-7 years is nothing compared to 20+. If Kid Icarus fans can wait long for a new game, I'm sure Metroid fans can too, especially when Metroid missed only an ENTIRE console gen while Icarus missed more, but at this rate, I think Metroid may miss another after being re-active for two gens.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

Wii U does not have anything on the PS4 and X1. They have not even been out a year lol.
Titanfall and Infamous are one of the biggest games for next gen and may even RAISE the bar further.
Donkey Kong and Lego and then a drought... The sheep defense force are working hard on damage control for 2 cartoon games.

The hardware for the Wii U is simply not good enough to pump out new next games, developers are not making games for it, nor are the sales there to make it a viable investment. Unless you only like Nintendo stuff.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#63 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@superbuuman said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

After Feb no games till May - Mario Kart.. really bad...so much for their momentum.

I thought they said the momentum will pick up after Mario Kart releases?

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#64 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

PS4 and X1 are not almost 2 years out , ask me what is out after 2 years on these systems to make it fair.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@AzatiS said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

PS4 and X1 are not almost 2 years out , ask me what is out after 2 years on these systems to make it fair.

The Wii U isn't either, but this type of support is still unacceptable and that is why Nintendo is going to merge their console and handheld next gen.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

I wonder sometimes when people complain about lack of games. How fast do you go through games and have you purchased EVERY SINGLE GAME that you can complain there's nothing new?

I'm still catching up on games I haven't played from years ago. I've still got Mario 3D World to 100% on Wii U. What's the rush to pile on games I have no time to play?

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@superbuuman said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

How many teams does Nintendo have working on games? ONE? TWO? What have they done with all this time and money since the Wii was killed years ago?

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#68 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

It looks like Wii U is on track to fail harder than Gamecube. Gamecube at least still got decent third party support and timed exclusives (Resident Evil 4). Wii U has virtually zero third party support and it's only going to get worse. Not to mention console sales are actually worse than Gamecube.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#69  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@AzatiS said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

You already know the comparison is quite fair. Had the WiiU started getting games PS3 and 360 were getting in 2013 then heck I would totally understand your logic there, but as it stands the WiiU can't even BUDGE the PS3 or Xbox 360 let alone PS4 and Xbox One. If I'm willing to bet we'll probably see some major 3rd Party PS3 and 360 releases start appearing on Xbox One and PS4 even before a WiiU version would be even mentioned in 3rd Party briefing rooms.

We'll be seeing Definitive Versions of your favorites, Grand Theft Auto, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Metal Gear, Far Cry, Etc, Etc, Etc.

WiiU versions of either of those games? Fat Chance, even though HD Windwaker sold well, Deus Ex did not. No Resells to Nintendo guys, Tomb Raider DE sold more to people who bought the game previously.

@Bread_or_Decide said:

How many teams does Nintendo have working on games? ONE? TWO? What have they done with all this time and money since the Wii was killed years ago?

How many teams?

Well there's Retro, they just finished Donkey Kong, No doubt they're on their Next Project right now.

there's Nintendo EAD which just finished Super Mario 3D World so they're probably on the next Mario now, also EAD consist of MULTIPLE Groups (at least 5), These are the same groups that brought you Gamespot's Game of the Year, The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds and Smash hit Animal Crossing New Leaf. These guys are more than Likely making Animal Crossing U and probably help making one of the two Zelda Games coming up (the Dynasty Warriors clone and the Hyped up Zelda U). They are also bringing us Mario Kart 8 which is coming this May and they would probably be responsible for any other up coming Nintendo Project like Yarn Yoshi or something like that.

There's Monolith Soft which is hard at work with Project X right now.

Then there's Intelligent Systems which got a brand new building and is most likely working on Shin Megami X Fire Emblem with Atlus.

Then there's Project Sora working on Smash Bros.

So as you can see, They are very busy and you should now know why there are so many droughts on Nintendo Platforms. Games take time to develop and when there's no 3rd Party to back up your system there's going to be droughts.

"Please Understand". lol

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#71  Edited By mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

don't care, I don't have time to play games 24/7

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#72 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@mrintro: So its a "good thing" that wii u has huge droughts. As usual.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

Hmm ya but at least DK will probably be an amazing game. :P

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60695 Posts

Only game I want for WiiU this year is Project X.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#75 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

The bias is strong.

@kemar7856 said:

LMAO how do they expect this too sell

The LEGO Movie Videogame Wii U

Action , AdventureWarner Bros. InteractiveFebruary 7, 2014

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Wii U

Platformer , ActionNintendoFebruary 21, 2014

PS4 games this month -

• The LEGO Movie Videogame
  • Rayman Legends
  • Thief

Xbone games this month -

• The LEGO Movie Videogame
  • Plants vs Zombies (lol)
  • Rayman Legends
  • Thief

[Source]

Yeah.. A old ass port and a multiplat that's also going to be released on 7th gen + PC. At least the Wii U has a, presumably, quality exclusive for this month.

Doesn't really matter to me as a consumer what the release date of these consoles are if i'm planning to purchase one based on the lineup of this month.

Wii U is a commercial failure and dropping like a rock after its Hollyday bump. But it is amassing a good lineup of exclusives. This is going to be a good year for the Wii U as far as games, especially exclusives, go. You know, games? The reason consoles exist?

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

Quality not quantity. MK WiiU is the only game I plan on spending full price on this year.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By superbuuman

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@superbuuman said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Nah, started with Pikmin 3 ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIzrdxAlVSQ (starts about 2:20) :P

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

The winter months (post holiday) are generally a gamers nightmare. You get releases but nothing compared to other months.

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

@DocSanchez said:

For my needs, I don't have time to be constantly playing games. I played Super Mario 3D World and Windwaker HD this past Fall/Winter. DK is good timing. I like my Wii U!

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

@mrintro said:

@DocSanchez said:

For my needs, I don't have time to be constantly playing games. I played Super Mario 3D World and Windwaker HD this past Fall/Winter. DK is good timing. I like my Wii U!

I'm in the same boat. I don't have all the time in the world to binge on games. I also game on like 5 different platforms so it's not like I need one console to constantly crank out gold for me. These Wii U titles seem to be dropping at the perfect time for me, I'm just now finishing up 3D World.

And no Sanchez, I'm not saying droughts are good. Every Nintendo console has droughts and I guess that would suck if the Wii U was the only platform you owned and you were someone that likes to game constantly. Honestly though, does anyone like that even exist? If you needed a steady stream of good games would you only own a Wii U? Doubtful.

I know this is System Wars and you're only going with the natural order of things around here. In reality though? It's an insignificant argument that applies to nobody.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178831 Posts

I don't see much coming out for any console TBH.....

kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts

@Lucianu: which has been out more then a year

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Wiimotefan

@kemar7856 said:

@Lucianu: which has been out more then a year

The Wii U library is definitely lacking for a console that's been out this long. It has good games, but not nearly enough. Obviously due to a lack of 3rd party support which is no surprise, it's been like this for over a decade lol.

But you're talking about this months releases in particular which has zilch to do with how long a console has been out. Barring holiday season, weak months are always scattered throughout the life span of any console. And like Lucianu said, Tropical Freeze will more than likely be a quality exclusive.

It looks like the Wii U is at least tied with the other platforms this month and depending on how DKTF turns out, it might even be better. Pretty much renders your topic useless.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#84 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

There's really not much coming out for any of the new consoles right now. Wii U gets Donkey Kong in February, ps4 gets Infamous and Xbox One gets TItanfall in March.

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts

The dismal state of the Wii U has me worried that X from Monolith wont see a release outside of JP.

tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

It's shockingly bad for a console which has been out for over a year. Even the PS4 and Xbox One have more coming this month.

For comparison, the PS3 has 15 listed for the month.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 superbuuman

@22Toothpicks said:

The dismal state of the Wii U has me worried that X from Monolith wont see a release outside of JP.

will see release but may be a 2015 release..as Nintendo may spread out their release. :P

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

At least Donkey Kong is shaping up to be awesome... And I sort of have a mini backlog with the WiiU, so it's not gonna be terrible waiting for May. Although in actuality it will be.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#90 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

@princessgomez92 said:

Still better than the XBone and PS4.

No. Xbone gets Thief, Rayman, Strider, Garden Warfare, Ground Zero, Kinect Sports Rivals, and Titanfall in the next 2 months.

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Wiimotefan
@speak_low said:

No it doesn't make the topic useless. Sheep could use more reminders since they always fudge the facts. And Wii U is not tied - is it really that hard for Sheep to count to figures less than five? LOL

1. I'm a cow you idiot.

2. You have god damn terrible reading comprehension.

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Wiimotefan

@speak_low said:

@Wiimotefan said:
@speak_low said:

No it doesn't make the topic useless. Sheep could use more reminders since they always fudge the facts. And Wii U is not tied - is it really that hard for Sheep to count to figures less than five? LOL

1. I'm a cow you idiot.

2. You have god damn terrible reading comprehension.

You have a Wii U - so you are part Sheep. Deal with it. Just look at that screenname, and those hilariously bad justifications you typed.

This incognito Sheep above me doesn't know how to use the word "tied"

Well I figured you were an alt, but I guess you really are new here. I'm one of the biggest cows you'll find on this board. My name is a fakeboy name, what kind of douche actually likes the Wiimote so much to proclaim himself a fan? XD... You're not too bright bud. There used to be a loser on this board called ProjectNatalFan. This account was started as a joke to poke fun at him.

All that said, I may be a cow, but I'm not an idiot. I'm a Sony fan first and foremost, but I'm also a guy that just likes good games and I'll game on any platform. Yeah I like Nintendo developed games. Outside of that they make shitty hardware and they run their business like idiots.

I bought a Wii U 2 months ago. Not exactly what I would call a hardcore Nintendo supporter. Shit, I don't even own a 3DS.

Anyways, you're just another brain dead subordinate in my faction. You can't even form an argument, or comprehend the most basic concepts. You'll be kissing my ass soon enough since cows like you need someone to lead the way. Until then stay bitter.

And try reading a book or two, lord knows you need it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Ironically one of those games matches or beats any of the other next gen games.... lol

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#96  Edited By speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

@Evo_nine said:

Still has more games than sony lol

This.