No Backward Compatibilty or Block Used Games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ihsanqueen (874 posts) -

Which one do you prefer?

For me I prefer block-used games

Although I'm Sony fan, I really hate the fact that they did not let us play PS3 games in PS4

And come to think about, all games on PC did not support used games because they used CD key, right?

If that was the case I prefer block-used games than no backward compatibility

#2 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27241 posts) -
Take my backwards compatibility? Fine, I'll dig out my older system. Take away my rights to buy used games and end up slowly killing the console's worth for when it becomes retro? That is where I draw the line.
#3 Posted by TheEpicGoat (2006 posts) -

I'm okay with no used games.

#4 Posted by ydnarrewop (2137 posts) -
Well I'm of a similar thought as you tc. However, if the cloud service, Geikei is it?, comes into play then backwards compat. will not be an issue whatsoever. :)
#5 Posted by PAL360 (27008 posts) -

Always online and Block used games to me.

I could live with no bc, since i don't have a PS3 and sold my PS1 and PS2 games, years ago.

#6 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21971 posts) -
i could live without BC since i keep my consles.
#7 Posted by Shinobi120 (5570 posts) -

Even if Sony/Microsoft &/or 3rd party publishers do block used copies of games on PS4/nextbox, Gamestop (as well as certain other places) will find a way around that just like Gamestop found a way around online passes by giving away free online pass codes to people that buy games used from there.

So that's all null & void.

#8 Posted by LadyBlue (3929 posts) -
BC is a non[-issue for me, block used games... no thanks.
#9 Posted by tagyhag (15867 posts) -
No BC. It would still be cheaper buying the older console + games than getting every new game for $60.
#10 Posted by SolidTy (44456 posts) -

Which one do you prefer?

For me I prefer block-used games

Although I'm Sony fan, I really hate the fact that they did not let us play PS3 games in PS4

And come to think about, all games on PC did not support used games because they used CD key, right?

If that was the case I prefer block-used games than no backward compatibility

ihsanqueen

Your poll asks users which one they HATE, then a 180 degree shift, the OP asks which one option they PREFER. It's a bit confusing.

My answer is I own all the machines over many generations, so I would rather have the ability to play used games because I can sell, trade, and use those games across machines (I usually buy multiple machines of the same type). I don't like the idea of BEING FORCED to buy every game NEW, even games I don't think I like that much. I don't like the idea of spending $60+ on a game I can't sell if I beat it, I can't give away if I don't want to play it again. I buy mostly new games at RETAIL, but there are the occasional odd titles I buy used and if I don't like them I get a refund. I would lose that option if I couldn't play used games.

I don't like the idea of wearing out my 720, Wii U, or PS4 on playing old games anyways. If I want to play those games, I will use those machines. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of BC, but I know my playhabits, and I still use a PS2, GC, and Xbox even though I have a PS3, 360, and Wii.

I do use Steam, GOG, Origin...but my rule with DD titles on those services is I ALWAYS buy those games incredibly cheap if it's DD. NEVER full price, because consumers lose way too many options for me to justify paying full price for DD. I apply this rule to E-shop, PSN, and XBLA. If you take my ability to resell my game, I REFUSE to pay full price for that DD game. I wish more people would consider the ramifications of their terrible spending habits.I myself have hundreds of DD only XBLA, PSN, Steam, Origin, Eshop titles that I probably won't ever play again...and yet, I can't sell those titles. It sucks.

As far as SALES go with DD and RETAIL. There are great sales on PSN, XBLA, Steam, Origin, GOG, etc. However, if the game is offered at retail, I prefer that 100% of the time. RETAIL sales happen all the time as well.

Today's Gamespot.com headlines by the way regarding this USED GAMES subject regarding the 720/PS4:

Sony on PS4 used games: 'We are going to do the right thing'

&

Xbox 720 could block used software, says Eidos president
Microsoft's next Xbox will require an always-on internet connection and block pre-owned software, says Ian Livingstone.

#11 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

Take my backwards compatibility? Fine, I'll dig out my older system. Take away my rights to buy used games and end up slowly killing the console's worth for when it becomes retro? That is where I draw the line.nintendoboy16
This is my choice.