Nioh sells 1M!

• 137 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

Very good.......and a masterpiece for the PS4.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9726 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@davillain- said:

@cainetao11: At least I made the Zero Dawn hype thread since none of these Sony Fanboys don't have the guts to create there own exclusive hype games and this is coming from a Manticore.

I know and I enjoyed your work, dude. Its pathetic these days around SW. You got a Lem that always owns his PS consoles as well and manticore's stepping up for the PS exclusive games that they are looking forward to buying. Cows just talk a bunch of shit and add zilch to the community here anymore. Last hype thread I remember from a cow was Casharmy's KoF hype thread.

Its annoying when a Lem makes a hype thread for a Sony exclusive game. I miss Casharmy because of some of his threads. Now people should understand why I miss him.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#103 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@GameboyTroy said:
@cainetao11 said:
@davillain- said:

@cainetao11: At least I made the Zero Dawn hype thread since none of these Sony Fanboys don't have the guts to create there own exclusive hype games and this is coming from a Manticore.

I know and I enjoyed your work, dude. Its pathetic these days around SW. You got a Lem that always owns his PS consoles as well and manticore's stepping up for the PS exclusive games that they are looking forward to buying. Cows just talk a bunch of shit and add zilch to the community here anymore. Last hype thread I remember from a cow was Casharmy's KoF hype thread.

Its annoying when a Lem makes a hype thread for a Sony exclusive game. I miss Casharmy because of some of his threads. Now people should understand why I miss him.

Well that's the status quo here now. Be annoyed. Call them out for not putting into the community.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#104 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

@pyro1245: It's sad that I know the exact spot, cos I did the same thing lol.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#107 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts
@getyeryayasout said:

Has there been much in the way of advertising for Nioh? I haven't seen anything on TV and I don't recall seeing many splash ads on websites I visit. Nioh is selling well and it's doing it largely by word of mouth. Happy to see a great game sell well.

I haven't seen a single commercial for it. This is proof that reviews really can make or break games these days.

Quicksilver128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Quicksilver128
Member since 2003 • 7075 Posts

Loved the game.. finished all main missions and sude missions yesterday.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@FastRobby said:

I compare it mostly to the install base of PS4 and PS Pro, the two systems that run Ni Oh. Compared to that these sales aren't good at all... Not even 2% of the Sony gaming market is buying this game

You didn't say only on PS4 or specify and still is wrong Fifa and COD are long established franchises which appeal to casuals all over the world unlike Ni Oh.

When sun set over drive flopped and sold like shit you say nothing.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#110 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@commander said:
@smearygoose1768 said:

How many copies does a game have to sell to be considered a success?

A lot more than one million lmao, call of duty sells like 20-25 million on all platforms

Do you think Nioh costs as much as CoD to make or has even a fraction of the marketing budget? Use your brain. Chances are Nioh is already profitable.

well to be fair. COD is made in 3 years. Nioh took 10+ years to develop so i'm sure it cost a pretty penny

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#111  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@darkangel115 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@commander said:
@smearygoose1768 said:

A lot more than one million lmao, call of duty sells like 20-25 million on all platforms

Do you think Nioh costs as much as CoD to make or has even a fraction of the marketing budget? Use your brain. Chances are Nioh is already profitable.

well to be fair. COD is made in 3 years. Nioh took 10+ years to develop so i'm sure it cost a pretty penny

Didn't Nioh get canceled on PS3 as well back in 2005?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcINfBplvRI

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 darkangel115

@remiks00 said:
@darkangel115 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@commander said:
@smearygoose1768 said:

Didn't Nioh get canceled on PS3 as well back in 2005?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcINfBplvRI

it was never canceled but it change change development teams a few times

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#113 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@darkangel115 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@commander said:
@smearygoose1768 said:

It's quite obvious when you look at nioh's artwork that this was not a cheap game to make. The gameplay is on point as well and for a game like this it is not that easy. There's even pvp later on. Still not all call of duties costs the same, some costs more than other. Call of duty mw2 is actually considered one of the most expensive games because of it's high marketing costs, but all the others are quite average (or just above avarage) when it comes to production costs.

But even the most expensive call of duty is considered a major success, when I said 20-25 million I was of course not talking about the most expensive call of duty. Since that one sold a lot more. But heck it is ridiculous I have to explain myself like this, I was just giving an example.

1 million sales for a game with the production costs like nioh is not considered a success at all. But I'm sure it will sell a lot more. The game only released like a month ago.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 darkangel115

@commander said:
@darkangel115 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@commander said:
@smearygoose1768 said:

It's quite obvious when you look at nioh's artwork that this was not a cheap game to make. The gameplay is on point as well and for a game like this it is not that easy. There's even pvp later on. Still not all call of duties costs the same, some costs more than other. Call of duty mw2 is actually considered one of the most expensive games because of it's high marketing costs, but all the others are quite average (or just above avarage) when it comes to production costs.

But even the most expensive call of duty is considered a major success, when I said 20-25 million I was of course not talking about the most expensive call of duty. Since that one sold a lot more. But heck it is ridiculous I have to explain myself like this, I was just giving an example.

1 million sales for a game with the production costs like nioh is not considered a success at all. But I'm sure it will sell a lot more. The game only released like a month ago.

I never said it wasn't. 1 mil for a niche game exclusive is very good. I just said that it did probably cost a ton to make because it went though development hell

Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Blazed
Member since 2005 • 2947 Posts

@commander said:
@darkangel115 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@commander said:
@smearygoose1768 said:

NiOh released on Febuary 7 this month ( a few weeks ago). It literally sold off word of mouth and a few advertisements. If that ain't impressive I don't know what is.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Lems don't want to accept the success of this Demon's Souls 2.0. They'll make a good profit off of this game and the sequel, which will be a ps4 exclusive, is only gonna be better in every way.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

Noice.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#118 PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

@ellos said:

Seems like its tracking to do Bloodborne numbers perhaps a bit better. Can see easily 2.5-3 mill life time sales on ps4 alone. Now all it needs is a steam release and correct 1-2 mill and Koei-Tecmo has a major hit on there hand.

I will get it eventually, I'm not to rushed to play a dark souls style game though but I liked the demo.

Yakuza 0 was my last ps4 purchase, getting alienation soon probably for myself. Persona 5 is upcoming.

The games that interest me the most this year overall are yakuza 0, yakuza kiwami, persona 5, ni no kuni 2, and maybe something like warhammer 40k: Dawn of war 3.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Glad to see it doing well, Team Ninja really earned it. Definitely in my top 10 for the gen, possibly top 5, and I haven't even finished it yet.

Ninja Gaiden next pls.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#120 ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

1 million in less than 2 weeks for a new niche Japanese IP exclusive. Eat it, nerds!

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

How can a niche masterpiece sell so much?!? Life ain't fair, i tell ya!!!! /S

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

I feel like i spent more hours playing this game than what it sold worldwide. F*ck.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

Very glad to see a niche game doing so well.

I'll pick it up down the line after I get Horizon.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Considering there has been next to no marketing for this game, it is a sleeper hit. Just the kind of game I bought a PS4 to play.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Great, now bring it to XBO/PC and see it sell even more.

WallofTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 WallofTruth
Member since 2013 • 3471 Posts

@ellos said:

Seems like its tracking to do Bloodborne numbers perhaps a bit better. Can see easily 2.5-3 mill life time sales on ps4 alone. Now all it needs is a steam release and correct 1-2 mill and Koei-Tecmo has a major hit on there hand.

Too bad Koei-Tecmo can't get their PC releases right.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#127  Edited By GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9726 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

Great, now bring it to XBO/PC and see it sell even more.

Its not coming to the XBO.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@GameboyTroy said:

Its not coming to the XBO.

It's not coming to PC yet either, technically.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

This is one of the games that really make me want a PS4 but I'll admit that I would really like a PC port of this game. :(

I'm so glad games like this are selling! :)

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#132 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@jumpaction said:

This is one of the games that really make me want a PS4 but I'll admit that I would really like a PC port of this game. :(

I'm so glad games like this are selling! :)

Yeah they should just release it on Switch/PC we would treat it right. It would have sold out the wazoo.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@KungfuKitten: I'm not sure if I would buy the Switch version. Maybe I would, but I would definitely be interested in a PC version of this game.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 KungfuKitten

@jumpaction: If there would also be a PC version, I would also go for the PC version.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

@KungfuKitten said:

Wow I expected them to be well past a million sales. The game deserves more sales. Congratulations and I hope the Sony fans will wake up and buy it.

This was 6 months ago :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@KungfuKitten: I have heard only great things about the combat system. Fingers crossed that this is the start of a new franchise. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#137  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Idk, 1M seems... low, for 6 months on the market, I mean. That barely qualifies as a success at this day and age... On the other hand, Kamyia said NieR saved Platinum with little over than 1M in sales aswell, so I guess the budget for Nioh was also really low

anyway, it could have been 1M and 1, but the game never seems to come down in price where I live. I guess Tecmo Koei is waiting for the Complete Edition before having it on sale

@FastRobby said:
@ProtossRushX said:

wtf lems on here said it flopped in sales

welcome to the 1 million club last i check thats greatest hit title\

Alright so 1 million is the new standard for the forum. Once a game sells more than 1 million, it sold great. Even though it's much less than for example CoD, or FIFA, 1 million is a lot, and when a new game sells 1 million copies they did good.

It highly depends on the game's budget. If you have a game who cost 500M to make (including marketing, wich CoD's, FIFA's, etc, is defintely high on their budget) and only sell 2M than that wont definitely see a profit. Now if a game costs 10M to make and barely has a marketing budget (wich were the case of game's like Nioh and NieR) if they sell 1M than they'll definitely see a profit, especially when they still have legs to sell even more

edit: necrothread. goddamnit

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By KungfuKitten

@pinkanimal: Oh ok... That explains a lot. Damnit necromancers! I don't know who bumped this but it's very confusing when you do.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#139  Edited By mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

@Pray_to_me: or caugh forza

Meanwhile switch has arms Mario kart 8 Zelda Splatoon 2 Mario rabbits bomber man super street fighter 2 and PS4 has crash and a whole lot of rpg type games that xbox one doesn't get lol sucks for Xbox one only user's don't it