Nioh sells 1M!

• 137 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#51 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@sts106mat buhuuuu , Nioh sells .. buhuubuhuu

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52  Edited By Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

Lol butthurt sts lem has been REKT! He seemed to think that since he's a noob and he can't handle Nioh no one else could. Lems flop in everything nowadays, including mentally.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#54 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Well deserved.

Kusimeka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Kusimeka
Member since 2007 • 419 Posts

@commander said:
@smearygoose1768 said:

How many copies does a game have to sell to be considered a success?

A lot more than one million lmao, call of duty sells like 20-25 million on consoles

That makes no sense, it is relative to the production costs.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@FastRobby:

Yeah be a total dishonest lemming and compare hi oh, niche game only on ps4 game vs fifa and call of duty total casuals games on multiple systems yeah that seems fare..

Kusimeka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Kusimeka

@tormentos said:

@FastRobby:

Yeah be a total dishonest lemming and compare hi oh, niche game only on ps4 game vs fifa and call of duty total casuals games on multiple systems yeah that seems fare..

Next, they'll be comparing it to mobile games.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts

Knew it would reach a million, but not this fast. Well deserved.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@Kusimeka said:
@commander said:
@smearygoose1768 said:

A lot more than one million lmao, call of duty sells like 20-25 million on consoles

yeah call of duty is sooo hard to make lmao.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Seriously, this really does make me happy to see this game enjoying the success it is. It is truly a high quality game that offers so much. I'm literally digging through every level til I find all of the graves and Yokai World portals. I can't get enough and this may be one of the first games I actually spill money for DLC for.

Kusimeka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Kusimeka

@commander said:
@Kusimeka said:
@commander said:
@smearygoose1768 said:

Over 12,000 posts and still clueless. Maybe at 20,000?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

One million out of a possible 60 million....

Like a fish outta water. lol Cows, a break can't be caught these dayzzz. :P

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@Kusimeka said:
@commander said:
@Kusimeka said:

maybe at 300 posts someone will care about your opinion

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#64 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@tormentos said:

@FastRobby:

I compare it mostly to the install base of PS4 and PS Pro, the two systems that run Ni Oh. Compared to that these sales aren't good at all... Not even 2% of the Sony gaming market is buying this game

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts
@FastRobby said:
@tormentos said:

@FastRobby:

I compare it mostly to the install base of PS4 and PS Pro, the two systems that run Ni Oh. Compared to that these sales aren't good at all... Not even 2% of the Sony gaming market is buying this game

Why are you calling it the PS Pro? As if it's some sort of seperate platform to the PS4? It uses the same interface and API's as the PS4, it plays the same software. it's actually more a PS4 than what the New 3DS is a 3DS since the N3DS has exclusives.

Honestly this all just screams your wishful thinking for this generation to be over. Almost seems your loyalty lies with MS and not your console.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Shewgenja

@FastRobby: ever occur to you that since we actually get exclusives regularly we're not acting like a bunch of starving animals at the shelter praying for every chunk of kibble our masters throw to us like you guys are?

Playstation is a large tent. Lots of games for lots of different gamers. A Japanese centric git gud hack and slash was never going to put up the numbers a generic Xbox bi annual hype train will. These things are not the smwe.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#67 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Very impressive, especially since it's not exactly a mainstream game/genre! Congratulations.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@bobrossperm said:

Why are you calling it the PS Pro? As if it's some sort of seperate platform to the PS4? It uses the same interface and API's as the PS4, it plays the same software. it's actually more a PS4 than what the New 3DS is a 3DS since the N3DS has exclusives.

Because Sony sees it as a different platform.

@Shewgenja said:

@FastRobby: ever occur to you that since we actually get exclusives regularly we're not acting like a bunch of starving animals at the shelter praying for every chunk of kibble our masters throw to us like you guys are?

Playstation is a large tent. Lots of games for lots of different gamers. A Japanese centric git gud hack and slash was never going to put up the numbers a generic Xbox bi annual hype train will. These things are not the same.

Where are we praying for a chunk of kibble? Because we are always hyping our games, and we love playing them. We don't hate on other people's games... Based on the reviews I've read Nioh seems like a great game I'm just saying that cows are overdoing it with hyping these sales. They are just not that good when there are 50-60 million PS4/PS Pro's...

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#69 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

Congratulations to the team. 1 million in short span of time for niche title is something great.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

wtf lems on here said it flopped in sales

welcome to the 1 million club last i check thats greatest hit title

how many xb1 exclusives sold 1 mill and some change I wonder

The problem for Xbox1 is it got no more exclusives

xh117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#71 xh117
Member since 2013 • 152 Posts

Is it just me or does nioh feel easier than when it was in beta? less enemies and the enemies aren't as much of a threat as before, I'm still liking the game though, first level felt very dark souls like.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

@bobrossperm said:
@FastRobby said:
@tormentos said:

@FastRobby:

Honestly this all just screams your wishful thinking for this generation to be over. Almost seems your loyalty lies with MS and not your console.

Stupidity between lems is contagious. He leaves out the 4 from PS4 Pro with hopes that his stupidity will stick with others and people start thinking the PS4 has no exclusives like the xbone. You see, no other fanboy group in the history of gaming has reached such levels of butthurt that they have to damage control language itself to avoid ownage. Luckily only lems are as feeble minded as to reach those levels of idiocy, the rest of people can use both brain hemispheres at the same time.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Shewgenja

@FastRobby said:
@bobrossperm said:

Because Sony sees it as a different platform.

@Shewgenja said:

Playstation is a large tent. Lots of games for lots of different gamers. A Japanese centric git gud hack and slash was never going to put up the numbers a generic Xbox bi annual hype train will. These things are not the same.

Where are we praying for a chunk of kibble? Because we are always hyping our games, and we love playing them. We don't hate on other people's games... Based on the reviews I've read Nioh seems like a great game I'm just saying that cows are overdoing it with hyping these sales. They are just not that good when there are 50-60 million PS4/PS Pro's...

Well, I think any time a niche exclusive does well, the lems, like clockwork, start elevating sales numbers to giraffe pussy levels. It's simply not the MO of the Playstation console to bet the farm on all of these games but to have an ecosystem where they are profitable and successful. 1 million out the gate is damn good!

Sales like this start franchises, for a point of reference.

I apologize if I find the assertion that 1M in the first month for a new IP is poor as rather disingenuous all things considered.. Frankly, I think that fans of SafeBetBone get accustomed to the idea of nutty attach rates over games because they find it more convenient to conceptualize the fanbase of a console as having some kind of cohesion. Time and again, the most successful consoles in any given generation lack that cohesion, though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@Shewgenja said:
@FastRobby said:

Well, I think any time a niche exclusive does well, the lems, like clockwork, start elevating sales numbers to giraffe pussy levels.

How can something be niche, and at the same time sell really well? Or do you guys suddenly mean that it's selling well for its category? But I thought Nioh wasn't a niche game, it was for the general public, which made it so amazing and we should thank Sony for funding it? You can't have both, and this is typical cow hypocrisy. Always twisting the outcome so that it's just perfect for them. You've got two choices:

• It's a niche game like lems were saying, and the sales are good for it.
  • It's not a niche game, and sales are bad.

In both cases cows actually lose, because you were saying it wasn't a niche game, and sales were good.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Shewgenja

@FastRobby said:
@Shewgenja said:
@FastRobby said:

Well, I think any time a niche exclusive does well, the lems, like clockwork, start elevating sales numbers to giraffe pussy levels.

How can something be niche, and at the same time sell really well? Or do you guys suddenly mean that it's selling well for its category? But I thought Nioh wasn't a niche game, it was for the general public, which made it so amazing and we should thank Sony for funding it? You can't have both, which is typical cow hypocrisy. Always twisting the outcome so that it's just perfect for them. Or it's a niche game like lems were saying, and the sales are good for it. Or it's not a niche game, and sales are bad. In both cases cows actually lose, because you were saying it wasn't a niche game, and sales were good.

You must not have played the beta. It is a git gud hack-n-slash. I would love for it to sell a zillion copies but in a day and age where Call of Duty hand-holding corridor shooters are all the rage, it would be silly for anyone to tout Ni-Oh as mainstream. That's just honestly speaking.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#76 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

The game deserves it. I'm up to the ninja mansion, and damn can this game get frustrating.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@Shewgenja said:

You must not have played the beta. It is a git gud hack-n-slash. I would love for it to sell a zillion copies but in a day and age where Call of Duty hand-holding corridor shooters are all the rage, it would be silly for anyone to tout Ni-Oh as mainstream. That's just honestly speaking.

I agree. I also think it's a very niche game. A very good niche game nonetheless though, and these sales for such a niche market are really well. It's just that most cows didn't call it niche, and now I can call them out on their hypocrisy.

Kusimeka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Kusimeka

@commander said:
@Kusimeka said:
@commander said:
@Kusimeka said:

maybe at 300 posts someone will care about your opinion

Most of the time, it takes a special kind of person to make me post, a special kind of fool. You have earnt 3 of my 272 posts in 10 years. Congratulations, you are in the hall of fools.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

@FastRobby: This is the kind of market for this game. Link They will be looking relative to that and Bloodborne sales which last we heard was 2 mill in less then a year as an exclusive very comparable to the souls games sales. Come on they are off to a successful start. Koei Sony aren't stupid enough to ship this game like UC4 for example. This fascination about install base does not really add up through out the history of games. Sometimes selling a mill this quickly is a big deal because that is the reality for what kind of market the game is on.

There have been games that are now being sold to even bigger install base then ps4 and people have had different reactions to there sales.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#80 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

The game deserves it. I'm up to the ninja mansion, and damn can this game get frustrating.

Hahah that area got me good in a few areas. Sometimes more than once with the same trick. Damn those ninjas and their traps.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

That's great, Congratulations to Team Ninja on selling Nioh over $1 million sold. Wish I had the patience to play this type of game, but I quit after Dark Souls 3 so I'm kinda taking on hiatus from these types of games but nevertheless, glad tosee everyone's enjoying Nioh and new IP games are always great to here they are selling well, hope we see the same for Horizon: Zero Dawn.

Congratulations, Team Ninja and Koei Tecmo!

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Shewgenja

@FastRobby said:
@Shewgenja said:

I agree. I also think it's a very niche game. A very good niche game nonetheless though, and these sales for such a niche market are really well. It's just that most cows didn't call it niche, and now I can call them out on their hypocrisy.

Ahh, yes, Cows can say silly shit. I do know that since this game is based off of an Akira Kurosawa script, it has some appeal outside of being a videogame but that thread appears to be thin. They ditched a lot of those elements of the story leading up to the PS4 era production.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#83 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

I know of a few people that will avoid the hell out of this thread...lol

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

@pyro1245 said:
@lundy86_4 said:

Hahah that area got me good in a few areas. Sometimes more than once with the same trick. Damn those ninjas and their traps.

It gets me frustrated on occasion, but it's always due to stupid errors on my part lol. I'll get greedy and then i'll get reamed.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#85 cainetao11  Online
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@drrollinstein said:

@ProtossRushX: Probably a good few considering a lot of the Xbox exclusives are huge franchises. Try to tell me Halo 5 and fh3 didn't sell at least that many.

Good for Nioh. Glad an excellent exclusive managed to gain some ground on the ps4.

Exactly. Noticing more stupidity on this forum from all sides then ever.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@commander said:
@smearygoose1768 said:

A lot more than one million lmao, call of duty sells like 20-25 million on all platforms

Do you think Nioh costs as much as CoD to make or has even a fraction of the marketing budget? Use your brain. Chances are Nioh is already profitable.

Asking too much of a lem, LOL.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 cainetao11  Online

@Pray_to_me said:

Lemmings are still salty stuck playing Halo Warz lol

LMAO

Halo wars is great fun. But how am I "stuck playing" it? There was no sign telling me I couldn't buy my PS4 Pro.

Not only am I also playing Nioh, but it was me, a Lem that made the hype thread because bitch ass cow-turds don't have the nuts to make hype threads anymore. Instead I have PS4 only owners PMing me to make hype threads.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

@commander said:
@Kusimeka said:
@commander said:
@smearygoose1768 said:

Are you a moron or just pretending to be one ? lol

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#89 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:
@pyro1245 said:
@lundy86_4 said:

It gets me frustrated on occasion, but it's always due to stupid errors on my part lol. I'll get greedy and then i'll get reamed.

Hahah yup. That's why I like it though. Usually when I die it's totally my fault. Like loosing 100000+ souls (amrita or whatever) in the ninja level and hastily trying to get back to them but instead falling off a bridge and getting teamed by 4-5 ninjas that I knew were down there.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

@dynamitecop@nyadc

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

@Douevenlift_bro said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@commander said:
@smearygoose1768 said:

A lot more than one million lmao, call of duty sells like 20-25 million on all platforms

Do you think Nioh costs as much as CoD to make or has even a fraction of the marketing budget? Use your brain. Chances are Nioh is already profitable.

Asking too much of a lem, LOL.

He is asking for the impossible.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

@cainetao11: At least I made the Zero Dawn hype thread since none of these Sony Fanboys don't have the guts to create there own exclusive hype games and this is coming from a Manticore.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#93 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

Nice, I think Nioh is probably my favourite PS4 exclusive to date

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#94 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts
@flyincloud1116 said:
@Zero_epyon said:

@dynamitecop@nyadc

but that's just one person ;)

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 cainetao11  Online

@davillain- said:

@cainetao11: At least I made the Zero Dawn hype thread since none of these Sony Fanboys don't have the guts to create there own exclusive hype games and this is coming from a Manticore.

I know and I enjoyed your work, dude. Its pathetic these days around SW. You got a Lem that always owns his PS consoles as well and manticore's stepping up for the PS exclusive games that they are looking forward to buying. Cows just talk a bunch of shit and add zilch to the community here anymore. Last hype thread I remember from a cow was Casharmy's KoF hype thread.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

@carlquincy said:

Congrats and well deserved!!

Well it sold ok, but remember this is on a console with an install base of 57 million gamers. So for all the hype 56 million people still never touched the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Nice, one of the only games im considering getting on the PSBore.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#98 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

That's the only game, Japanese people have to buy something.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@loe12k: A new IP, a game that's in a pretty niche genre, that's exclusive to one platform, selling a million copies in under a month is just OK? That lem logic.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@fedor said:

@loe12k: A new IP, a game that's in a pretty niche genre, that's exclusive to one platform, selling a million copies in under a month is just OK? That lem logic.

That logic is why they only get 3 franchises rehashed over and over while Sony constantly takes risks with new IP and funds sequels to games like Gravity Rush.