Nioh Last Chance Demo Up 1/21 to 1/23

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45506 Posts

https://www.destructoid.com/nioh-is-getting-a-last-chance-demo-that-s-only-live-for-two-days-413152.phtml

I totally recommend it. Awesome game so far. Anyone play it yet? Your thoughts?

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SolidGame_basic

@ConanTheStoner@jgx4champ@freedomfreak

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Was looking for it but where is it? I see it nowhere. How do I even download it?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52452 Posts

@Juub1990: Search for the game using the search function. It's a "Last Chance" demo

WallofTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 WallofTruth
Member since 2013 • 3471 Posts

I've only played the tutorial yet, looks decent.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

@Juub1990: Search for the game using the search function. It's a "Last Chance" demo

Found it. Thanks brosef. Had to go on the game page and scroll down and download the demo.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

Gonna grab it tonight. I'm supposing it'll have the Pro graphics options in the demo. I need to try out some 1080/60fps Ni-Oh.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52452 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

Gonna grab it tonight. I'm supposing it'll have the Pro graphics options in the demo. I need to try out some 1080/60fps Ni-Oh.

Yeah, go for 60FPS. 30FPS in this game feels somehow worse than other games.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

Can you unlock something new for the full game? I played the alpha and beta and already got the mark of the conqueror and the mark of the I don't know what.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lundy86_4

@freedomfreak said:

I tried the first demo, and the choices between "looks like ass and plays okay" and "looks okay and plays like ass" weren't the greatest.

Quicksilver128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Quicksilver128
Member since 2003 • 7075 Posts

Its pretty hard but im loving it. Its like Ninja Gaiden and Dark Souls had a baby.

Quicksilver128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Quicksilver128
Member since 2003 • 7075 Posts

@lundy86_4: It looks respectable on the Pro.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@nethernova said:

Can you unlock something new for the full game? I played the alpha and beta and already got the mark of the conqueror and the mark of the I don't know what.

you do unlock new things since the maps and bosses are different now.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By silversix_

This game will have so much content in the final game that with every trial chance (alpha/beta/demo) they've given us new large maps and bosses, they don't even give a shyte. In another game, it'd be the same map(s) and bosses for all three trials.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23729 Posts

@SolidGame_basic:

Haven't had the time, but I'll be on it tomorrow.

David719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 David719
Member since 2007 • 2187 Posts

If this game turns out good, I just might be tempted to get a PS4.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#17 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

Very pleased with the game's performance and content, even though I believe the demo doesn't actually have Pro-patch enabled.

Now, as long as the rest of the game stays just as competent, Nioh will turn out to be a seriously good game.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

This demo seems to be a little easier than the alpha and beta. Anyway, got the mark of the conqueror, the mark of the strong and now the ogress headgear. As far as I know that's all you can unlock for the full game. I'm ready for release.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9568 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:
@freedomfreak said:

I tried the first demo, and the choices between "looks like ass and plays okay" and "looks okay and plays like ass" weren't the greatest.

It plays great. I'm not sure where you got the impression that it's just "okay" or worse. Frame rate is steady around 60 on action mode, and around 30 (if that's your thing) on other modes.

It also looks alright too on both.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lundy86_4

@X_CAPCOM_X: I'm talking about the first demo on the base PS4.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9568 Posts

@lundy86_4: I didn't play the alpha. I only played the beta and this. Apparently the alpha had frame pacing issues? Glad they cleared that ish up. Can't imagine this game with those issues.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lundy86_4

@X_CAPCOM_X: From what I remember. This looks quite nice on the Pro, and the performance is nice. Gonna get into it more tomorrow.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 silversix_

I played the demo for 13h today. my gawd

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 silversix_

@David719 said:

If this game turns out good, I just might be tempted to get a PS4.

There is not "if" at this point.

DrRollinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DrRollinstein
Member since 2016 • 1163 Posts

Its enjoyable enough, and i enjoy the setting, but its just another souls game to me. And i dont have the patience for souls games. Ill likely pick it up whenever it drops to 20 bucks though.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@silversix_ said:

wow, that's a lot lol. I put in maybe 3 hours yesterday.

@drrollinstein said:

Its enjoyable enough, and i enjoy the setting, but its just another souls game to me. And i dont have the patience for souls games. Ill likely pick it up whenever it drops to 20 bucks though.

to me it felt like Ninja Gaiden + Bloodborne.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#27 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

I ended my demo after lots of co-op, finishing with a full set of purple Warrior of the West soul-matched to level 30-32. Wish I can keep all my loot for the final game!

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

It makes me real happy that other people are excited for this. I've been hyped for Ni-Oh since it was first introduced. For all intents and purposes, this is the last Akira Kurosawa script that we know of and the game plays so damn good!

Legend.

DaHater7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DaHater7
Member since 2008 • 170 Posts

Game is so dam cool. I loved Ninja Gaiden I love Bloodborne and Darksouls this game has a little of all these games and has its own identity. Really rad game cant wait.

DaHater7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DaHater7
Member since 2008 • 170 Posts

@silversix_: LoL you're a beast

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 silversix_

when you get familiar with the game, stance swapping mid combo becomes so damn good. daul katana ftw.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1615 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Got that Nioh fever. I played it for 8 hours straight after waiting for it to go live (I have a video of me pressing start the second it went live).

A Korean streamer played the game for 26 hours straight and spent 22 hours trying to beat Muneshige. She streamed the whole thing.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By mazuiface

@Shewgenja said:

It makes me real happy that other people are excited for this. I've been hyped for Ni-Oh since it was first introduced. For all intents and purposes, this is the last Akira Kurosawa script that we know of and the game plays so damn good!

Legend.

It really does have the feel of an Akira Kurosawa film even through the gameplay -- especially when you get to the heart of each mission and the soundtrack kicks in along with the amrita memories giving a better picture of the tragedy that occurred in whatever place you are in.

Sony should have spent all of that marketing money on this game instead of Uncharted -- these demos got more play time than ND games and the atmosphere, soundtrack, etc are intensely well fused into the gameplay so much that it doesn't need to be a movie-game to tell the story.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 silversix_

@mazuiface said:
@silversix_ said:

Got that Nioh fever. I played it for 8 hours straight after waiting for it to go live (I have a video of me pressing start the second it went live).

A Korean streamer played the game for 26 hours straight and spent 22 hours trying to beat Muneshige. She streamed the whole thing.

Muneshige is the guy that spams the stun spirit? I was stuck on this guy (i knew about the rock cheese but refused to do it) for longer than any boss in a Souls game since Dark Souls 1. At least 2 hours on it. Good thing is, after i was done with him, i respeced and got rid of that crappy scythe on a chain weapon. Gave it a chance played from lev1 to 20 with it and hated that thing.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mazuiface

@silversix_ said:
@mazuiface said:
@silversix_ said:

Muneshige is the guy that spams the stun spirit? I was stuck on this guy (i knew about the rock cheese but refused to do it) for longer than any boss in a Souls game since Dark Souls 1. At least 2 hours on it. Good thing is, after i was done with him, i respeced and got rid of that crappy scythe on a chain weapon. Gave it a chance played from lev1 to 20 with it and hated that thing.

Yeah I spent 4-5 hours on that guy until changing my strategy up a little. That Raiken move he does is so OP. The Kusarigama is actually a good tool for fighting bosses and large enemies, and some of its moves are good for cheesing Muneshige. I first tried fighting him with a spear but I used counters with a sword to beat him -- he does not defend very well. Beat him with my character at level 24.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By silversix_

@mazuiface said:
@silversix_ said:
@mazuiface said:
@silversix_ said:

Yeah I spent 4-5 hours on that guy until changing my strategy up a little. That Raiken move he does is so OP. The Kusarigama is actually a good tool for fighting bosses and large enemies, and some of its moves are good for cheesing Muneshige. I first tried fighting him with a spear but I used counters with a sword to beat him -- he does not defend very well. Beat him with my character at level 24.

I feel like that weapon is too slow. With low stance, its quick but it has no range. With that weapon, mid stance with the skill that pulls the enemy to you (hold square) and then into a heavy attack (triangle) x 2 worked well enough. But i beat him by dodging his charge attack and then light attack his ass with the low stance. it was difficult at level 18, he has plenty of one shots.

Its much easier with dual katanas. When he's down, stab him and do the spin2win (block+triangle spam while in high stance) on wake up. Drains his hp nicely. Unless they add new weapon styles, dual katana is certainly the weapon i'll be going with in the final game.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#38 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

anyone know when this demo ends?

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mazuiface

@LegatoSkyheart: It ends tonight. In the midwest in USA, it ends at 2am Monday.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

based on my limited time with the trial i think it's excellent. the combat is ridiculously deep with an intimidatingly high skill ceiling; souls games don't compare imo. the level provided in the trial wasn't particularly interesting and just felt like a bunch of restrictive corridors filled with enemies, which has me worried about the final game. then again this was one small level in a trial so it's probably unfair to make a conclusion just yet, and i guess this game is focusing on its mechanics and loot system rather than worldbuilding. it definitely had that diablo-style ARPG vibe.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13672 Posts

Cool, pretty good exclusive I'm sure. Any Xbox One exclusives coming?