Nintendo's Weekly eShop Sale: Zelda, Fire Emblem, F-Zero

• 52 results
#1 Edited by charizard1605 (56256 posts) -

In celebration of the upcoming Super Smash Bros. game, Nintendo has announced a 'massive eShop weekly sale,' where it will be putting a new set of games on sale every week.

This week is Mario games, and these are the games that are on sale:

Super Mario Bros 3 (3DS/Wii U) - $3.49

Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS/Wii U) - $3.49

New Super Mario Bros U (Wii U) - $39.99

Super Mario 3D Land (3DS) - $19.99

Super Mario 3D World (Wii U) $39.99

Yoshi's New Island (3DS) - $29.99

Punch Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream (3DS/Wii U) - $3.49

For the following weeks, we have this roadmap:

Week 2 9/11 - 9/18:

Games based on The Legend of Zelda, Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, F-Zero, Mega Man, and Sonic The Hedgehog

The Legend of Zelda™: A Link Between Worlds (3DS) - $29.99

The Legend of Zelda™: Oracle of Ages (3DS) - $3.99

The Legend of Zelda™: Oracle of Seasons (3DS) - $3.99

The Legend of Zelda™: The Minish Cap (Wii U) - $4.99

The Legend of Zelda™: A Link To The Past (Wii U) - $4.99

F-Zero (Wii U) - $4.99

Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS) - $29.99

Sonic the Hedgehog (3DS) - $3.49

Mega Man (3DS) - $3.49

Mega Man 2 (3DS) - $3.49

Mega Man X (Wii U) - $4.99

Mega Man X 2 (Wii U) - $4.99

Kid Icarus (Wii U) - $3.49

Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS) - $24.99

Week 3 9/18 - 9/25:

Games based on Pokemon, Metroid, Wii Fit, and Miis

Week 4 9/25 - 10/2:

Games based on Donkey Kong, Kirby, Pikmin, Star Fox, Pac-Man and Animal Crossing

Yo, if you all don't have Mario 3D Land or Mario 3D World yet... jump in. Seriously, those are great, great games, and considering they are Nintendo first party games, this is actually probably the cheapest you will find them for a good while.

#2 Posted by Maroxad (8138 posts) -

Nintendo be making sales on the hype of recent games, not only is there the Hyrule Warriors hype sale, but now this.

Gotta applaud Nintendo's Marketing department, maybe they can do something right from time to time.

#3 Edited by Seabas989 (10136 posts) -

I may get 3D Land but for 3D World I might as well buy the retail copy instead.

#4 Posted by Blabadon (26011 posts) -

I would wholeheartedly recommend staying away from 3D Land.

#5 Posted by The_Deepblue (543 posts) -

@Blabadon: But it's the second best 3DS game (A Link Between Worlds is the greatest).

#6 Posted by Blabadon (26011 posts) -

@The_Deepblue: LOLNO

It's the most disappointing 3DS game I've played, yes. But VLR, Link Between Worlds, Fire Emblem, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Luigi's Mansion, and other games are all much better.

#7 Edited by Maroxad (8138 posts) -
@The_Deepblue said:

@Blabadon: But it's the second best 3DS game (A Link Between Worlds is the greatest).

3D Land was just uninspired. 3D World was excellent however and deserves its high scores.

The three greatest 3DS games are Kid Icarus: Uprising, Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and Rune Factory 4.

Sorry Awakening fans, Fire Emblem 7 was just so much better and Awakening felt like such a large step down from previous FE games.

#8 Edited by MonsieurX (29703 posts) -

Nothing worth grabbing currently for me on the Wii U

#9 Edited by lamprey263 (23292 posts) -

Kid Icarus Uprising might have my attention if it's at a good price. New copies haven't gone down in price (in many cases finding new copies that haven't gone up in price is hard). It should really be $20 on eShop and $15 on sale, if not I can wait it out, it'll eventually see a good deal somewhere down the line, if not I can live without playing it.

Yoshi's New Island for $30 isn't much of a sale, you can get a new tangible copy for less, digital should be cheaper, like say $20 would be a sale.

#10 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

I wish the eshop wasn't such poop to navigate through.

#11 Posted by SakusEnvoy (4259 posts) -

Not bad actually by Nintendo sale standards. I might pick up 3D Land finally.

#12 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24993 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

easily the worst Mario game I have ever played.

Not that the game is actually bad, it's just soulless.

#13 Posted by freedomfreak (39372 posts) -

"sales"

#14 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (24993 posts) -

"sales"

Yeah Nintendo sales are usually the worst.

It would be cool if 3D world was $19.99 and 3D land was $9.99 and Yoshi's New Island was $14.99 and all VC titles were $.99.

#15 Posted by Heirren (16639 posts) -

Games based on Starfox.............maybe snes starfox is finally coming.

#16 Posted by Slashkice (13057 posts) -

It'd be nice if Kid Icarus: Uprising actually got a nice discount next week, but knowing Nintendo, it won't.

#17 Posted by CountBleck12 (22693 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

Pretty much, once I beat the game I didn't even bother to play it again either.

#18 Posted by REVOLUTIONfreak (18107 posts) -

I keep waiting for Luigi's Mansion to go on sale, to no avail.

#19 Edited by PimpHand_Gamer (315 posts) -

I hate..hate the controls for Kid Icarus. I tried both ways and I can't stand it. $3.49 for SMB3..etc isn't bad per say but when you can play the rom on a hacked PSP for free it's little reason to bother. I just wish they would release Super Metroid for 3DS as well.

#20 Posted by SolidGame_basic (16979 posts) -

Played 3D Land three years ago.. they still want $19.99 for it? crazy

#21 Posted by kingjazziephiz (2409 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic: they're still selling super Mario 64 DS for 30 bucks, it's a Nintendo thing sadly

#22 Posted by Celsius765 (666 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@Blabadon said:

I think I got bored with it around world 4 or 5 and had to force myself to finish it because I spent $40 on it

#23 Edited by SakusEnvoy (4259 posts) -

@pimphand_gamer: Well, you could probably say the same about any game really. Why pay when you can play something without paying? The answer is so we don't have to play it illegally. With that said, there's no actual legal way to play SMB3 for cheaper than $3.50 short of dumping our own cartridges, and the cartridges are all over $10, so it's kinda a steal for that price.

I do wish the virtual console games were cheaper so I could rationalize buying more of them, but honestly Nintendo does price them well below market value.

#24 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24993 posts) -

@pimphand_gamer: Well, you could probably say the same about any game really. Why pay when you can play something without paying? The answer is so we don't have to play it illegally. With that said, there's no actual legal way to play SMB3 for cheaper than $3.50 short of dumping our own cartridges, and the cartridges are all over $10, so it's kinda a steal for that price.

I do wish the virtual console games were cheaper so I could rationalize buying more of them, but honestly Nintendo does price them well below market value.

I wouldn't really call $3.50 for Super Mario Bros. 3 a "Steal". That's garage sale price for the game. I got my NES copy for about $5.

A real steal for the digital game would be about $.99. For a Physical copy, $.50.

$3.50 - $5 is about expected for Physical.

#25 Edited by SakusEnvoy (4259 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart: Well, I just did a quick check on amazon and eBay for the $10 price. I suppose if one were lucky enough to have a garage sale going on at the exact same time, then it would be a more competitive comparison without paying shipping costs. But you'd still have to hook up an NES to play or go through the process of dumping a cartridge. Digital is all about convenience. (This is also the only legal way to play with restore points).

#26 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24993 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart: Well, I just did a quick check on amazon and eBay for the $10 price. I suppose if one were lucky enough to have a garage sale going on at the exact same time, then it would be a more competitive comparison without paying shipping costs. But you'd still have to hook up an NES to play. Digital is all about convenience. (This is also the only legal way to play with restore points).

Well you don't have to have a NES to play. There are plenty of 3rd Party brand consoles out there that can play NES games. But I see what you're getting at, Buying SMB3 on the Wii, WiiU, or 3DS would be simpler for you if you had one of those systems than going out and buying the cart and a $99 system to play the game. Not to mention the game's quality would be better too.

#27 Posted by Smallville0608 (50 posts) -

Just downloaded SMB3. Sure it could of been cheaper, but happy for the sale. Jumped on it right after this thread.

#28 Posted by MirkoS77 (7208 posts) -

Accounts still tied to hardware?

Next time, Nintendo.

#29 Posted by Litchie (16238 posts) -

@CountBleck12 said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@Blabadon said:

I think I got bored with it around world 4 or 5 and had to force myself to finish it because I spent $40 on it

What the fuck! Mario 3D Land is one of the best 3DS games there is. It was awesome.. Haven't seen a game yet with better 3D either..

#30 Posted by lamprey263 (23292 posts) -

Okay, this might be a stretch but I've a sneaking suspicion Nintendo has a surprise in store for the third week of sales, and I feel that they will be releasing METROID: ZERO MISSION on the GBA section of the eShop. I suspect that much because the game is supposed to be coming, but nothing was mentioned at PAX when it would have been a good time to do so. I didn't think much of it until I saw the Smash Sale page and on the third week page it shows both Samus and Zero Suit Samus. Considering they have Metroid, Metroid 2, Super Metroid, and Metroid Fusion on the eShop already, it'd make sense that they'd have a Samus pic to associate with that game, but why the Zero Suit Samus pick. My guess, they're releasing ZERO MISSION. If so, it's about time, Japan has had it since June.

#31 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24993 posts) -

@Litchie said:

What the fuck! Mario 3D Land is one of the best 3DS games there is. It was awesome.. Haven't seen a game yet with better 3D either..

The 3D effect doesn't help 3D land's Mediocrity.

#32 Edited by Celsius765 (666 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

Next time, Nintendo.

Well no they're not, they're linked to your Nintendo network ID, but you have to call Nintendo to get your ID amd games linked to a new piece of hardware should the old hardware break

#33 Posted by PimpHand_Gamer (315 posts) -

And who determines the market value if you can't rationalize buying them? Their always inflated anyway and the digitals are no different, both will sell for those demanding because lack of alternatives and that is the market value which is fake really cause it's about profits for what is often in very high circulation, not speaking of rare or low circulation carts. It's not so much about legality to most but rather the means to play it on the platform you want. Those of us who have played them in recent times might have a harder time justifying the only reason to pay for it being just to have it on a non hacked 3DS without the benefits the emulators can provide. If I or you would pay .99 to have it on 3DS then there is the real market value for a digital version of a cartridge that is to this day, technically still being manufactured in Asia factories for sale abroad as brand new copies because retro stuff is a mega million dollar business in the past few years. In fact these fake remake of boxed carts are being priced at over $200 since they are boxed but are in fact replica's made recently...so the market value is pure B.S imo. It is what you make it to be.

#34 Posted by MirkoS77 (7208 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

Next time, Nintendo.

Well no they're not, they're linked to your Nintendo network ID, but you have to call Nintendo to get your ID amd games linked to a new piece of hardware should the old hardware break

Same difference. The power's in Nintendo's hands on whether to allow MY content to be done with as I see fit. I can't just punch in a user/pass if I get new hardware. I have to call nanny Nintendo. It's bullshit, and I'll never spend one cent on anything digital from them until they get their control-freaking heads out of their asses and take a step towards consumer rights....just like every other digital distribution company has been doing for years now.

And while they're at it, how about not charging me each time for the same game on different hardware? I often have to remind myself how thankful I am Nintendo's not some money grubbing, greedy company like Sony or MS, and truly works for us, the gamer. It's a good thing they're around to keep their business ethics in check.

#35 Edited by SolidTy (42538 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

@Celsius765 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

Next time, Nintendo.

Same difference. The power's in Nintendo's hands on whether to allow MY content to be done with as I see fit. I can't just punch in a user/pass if I get new hardware. I have to call nanny Nintendo. It's bullshit, and I'll never spend one cent on anything digital from them until they get their control-freaking heads out of their asses and take a step towards consumer rights....just like every other digital distribution company has been doing for years now.

And while they're at it, how about not charging me each time for the same game on different hardware? I often have to remind myself how thankful I am Nintendo's not some money grubbing, greedy company like Sony or MS, and truly works for us, the gamer. It's a good thing they're around to keep their business ethics in check.

Thanks for saving me time with your post.

#36 Edited by DocSanchez (1576 posts) -

They're selling 8 bit games to you as part of a sale for a price more expensive than you should be getting them anyway. Most of you have played these games to death already.

Nintendo's idea of a sale, a 2D platformer for $40 and a handheld game for $30. That's not a sale, it's Tuesday.

#37 Posted by coasterguy65 (5889 posts) -

I would definitely buy SMB3 if the price were where it should be for an 8 bit game...$.99. $3.49 for an 24 year old game is blatant robbery, even for a Mario game.

#38 Posted by The_Deepblue (543 posts) -

@Heirren: I wonder why Nintendo has waited so long to re-release that game? They brought Earthbound to the west, why not reintroduce a classic that was already here years ago, especially since fans have been clamoring for a new Star Fox (which is supposedly coming in '15).

#39 Posted by bunchanumbers (508 posts) -

Still waiting for SNES games to make it onto the 3DS. I still think that LTTP should be on it.

#40 Posted by charizard1605 (56256 posts) -

Still waiting for SNES games to make it onto the 3DS. I still think that LTTP should be on it.

They might actually put them on the N3DS, since the bottleneck to SNES emulation on the existing 3DS was the CPU, and the new model apparently has a much faster one.

#41 Posted by Desmonic (13506 posts) -

So...uh...where is this "sale" you speak of?

#42 Posted by Nuck81 (5839 posts) -

Super Mario 3D Land is brilliant. If you like Mario Games it's a must play, piss on the bitches hating it.

Kid Icarus is great as well, but I couldn't imagine playing it without the stand the Retail version came with. I use that stand all the time when I play my 3DS.

#43 Posted by charizard1605 (56256 posts) -

Okay, here's what's on sale this week:

Week 2 9/11 - 9/18:

Games based on The Legend of Zelda, Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, F-Zero, Mega Man, and Sonic The Hedgehog

The Legend of Zelda™: The Minish Cap (Wii U) - $4.99

The Legend of Zelda™: A Link To The Past (Wii U) - $4.99

F-Zero (Wii U) - $4.99

Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS) - $29.99

Sonic the Hedgehog (3DS) - $3.49

Mega Man (3DS) - $3.49

Mega Man 2 (3DS) - $3.49

Mega Man X (Wii U) - $4.99

Mega Man X 2 (Wii U) - $4.99

Kid Icarus (Wii U) - $3.49

Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS) - $24.99

The Zelda games are all worth it, so I'd jump on that. As for Mega-Man, @darkspineslayer is probably a better judge there for the prices and quality than I am.

Kid Icarus is great, but it's a little iffy thanks to the controls. Maybe you want to look it up before you get it.

#44 Posted by bunchanumbers (508 posts) -

Damn! was hoping that they were going to up 4 swords up on the eshop for a week.

#45 Posted by Maroxad (8138 posts) -

Time to plug in the Wii U. I guess I will be playing on it despite the fact that I forgot to bring my games over >.>

#46 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (1546 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

Came out 10 months ago. it's 33 new at amazon. "Sale". I like Nintendo, but, lol consoles sales.

On the other hand, it's amazing how to this day i haven't played Oracle of Ages, only Seasons on my old Color

#47 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16685 posts) -

Cool for folks who have yet to play the games. Those Zelda games in particular are amazingly priced (but I already own them all).

#48 Posted by darkspineslayer (19562 posts) -

@charizard1605: Nintendo want's 3.50 for each Megaman game and $5 for each X title, on sale.

Meanwhile, over at amazon, each series almost in their entirety can be had for less than $25 with shipping for one of the most prevelant consoles of all time (PS2)

#49 Posted by Maroxad (8138 posts) -

Just checked the Eshop. Appearantly this sale does not apply in europe, at least not the Mega Man games.

#50 Posted by yokofox33 (29400 posts) -

25 for Kid Icarus ain't bad considering the physical copy is downright impossible to find for a decent price. Might bite on that one.