Nintendo you simply ****

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by soapandbubbles (3181 posts) -

Butt hurt ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!! So here i go:

Why is it nintendo go on and on about creativity and being different and unique with controller design and how we play games, yet when it comes to games...WHICH IS WHAT MATTERS, they ALWAYS fall short? No variety, more kiddy trash and rehashing the same franchises. Since the cube, Nintendo is a joke of a company..they live in lala land and they can't get over them selves. Make some **** good games that isn't Mario or Zelda...it's the Wii all over again. Zombie WiiU will be the Red steel of this generation...all hype, promises of powerful hardware and when it comes out is more broken and ugly than we can imagine.

Who gives a **** about innovations if you don't have the games to back it up.

Unless you're 12, Wii failed beyond belief with what was promised.

The latest Ninja Gaiden 3 is a good example, the WiiU version can't even keep up with the 360 and PS3 version, hardware that is 6 years old. Not ONLY that, the new controller offers No new unique play abilities..that we can't just enjoy on a standard controller. Gsus f'en christ Nintendo.

So yeah, so far...GIMMICK.

#2 Posted by Newhopes (4699 posts) -

You sound like a 12 year old...

#3 Posted by Heil68 (48451 posts) -
The Wii ruined any chance of me buying another Nintedno console.
#4 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -
TC is mad he didn't reserve a WiiU and can't get one now! Hahaha
#5 Posted by Cheleman (7891 posts) -

I completely agree with you, topic creator.

#6 Posted by Yangire (8795 posts) -

The latest Ninja Gaiden 3 is a good example, the WiiU version can't even keep up with the 360 and PS3 version, hardware that is 6 years old.

soapandbubbles

I know your trolling, but I want to know your reason why you think an early port gives us an understanding of how powerful the console is.

#7 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (28355 posts) -
#8 Posted by PatchMaster (6013 posts) -

2/10

Lacking in humor and originality.

#9 Posted by Mario1331 (8853 posts) -

The Wii ruined any chance of me buying another Nintedno console. Heil68

thats kind of dumb. why would one console ruin anything for something completely different?

im not telling you to buy one but there two completely different machines

#10 Posted by getyeryayasout (8693 posts) -
Next gen will be almost exactly like this gen in regards to units sold. Ninty will sell a ton but won't be as reliant on 3rd party as it's competition.
#11 Posted by soapandbubbles (3181 posts) -

[QUOTE="soapandbubbles"]

The latest Ninja Gaiden 3 is a good example, the WiiU version can't even keep up with the 360 and PS3 version, hardware that is 6 years old.

Yangire

I know your trolling, but I want to know your reason why you think an early port gives us an understanding of how powerful the console is.

Stop using the word Troll because everyone else does, do you even know the definition? I make valid points... as for hardware DON'T use that excuse, that's what was said with the Wii and look what happened, Nothing on Wii looks better than RE4's cube. Nintendo Bragged about the amazing Abilities of the Wii, even used a BS metroid video initially to demo the graphical amazingness and not one game matches that video. What i can't stand is how they have expressed very little interest in the powerful hardware race, yet continue to spit BS about having capable and impressive graphical hardware. Focus on **** different and innovative games, not gimmicks we can't even make use of properly.

#12 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11994 posts) -

c3c.jpg

025.jpg.

#13 Posted by soapandbubbles (3181 posts) -

[QUOTE="Heil68"]The Wii ruined any chance of me buying another Nintedno console. Mario1331

thats kind of dumb. why would one console ruin anything for something completely different?

Because it's been 2 generations of poor titles, cube failed due to the lack of games and milking the same exclusives and Wii did the same, except everyone fell into the hype of the new controller and knowing the ammount of kids and non gamers, the wii became one attractive peice of machinary, that everyone can enjoy, which what worked and nintendo relied on, but sadely for actual gamers...the Wii was a gimmick and a joke.
#14 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26273 posts) -

I'm bored so I'll bite to this piss-poor troll.

No variety soapandbubbles

Wahhhh, Nintendo makes/publishes everything but shooters, wahhh!

more kiddy trash

soapandbubbles

No guns and blood = kiddy. It's not like they ever fund/publish stuff like Resident Evil: Revelations, Bayonetta 2, Ninja Gaiden 3...oh wait.

rehashing the same franchisessoapandbubbles

Says the one with the MGS avatar.

Zombie WiiU will be the Red steel of this generation...all hype, promises of powerful hardware and when it comes out is more broken and ugly than we can imagine. soapandbubbles

Red Steel was by a subpar Ubisoft studio. ZombiU comes from Ubisoft Montpellier, creators of Rayman and Beyond Good & Evil.

Who gives a **** about innovations if you don't have the games to back it up. Unless you're 12, Wii failed beyond belief with what was promised. soapandbubbles

Yeah it only promised a unique way to play and delivered upon it. It also delivered the best console exclusives. One of which is the highest rated game of all time.

The latest Ninja Gaiden 3 is a good example, the WiiU version can't even keep up with the 360 and PS3 version, hardware that is 6 years old. Not ONLY that, the new controller offers No new unique play abilities..that we can't just enjoy on a standard controller. Gsus f'en christ Nintendo.

soapandbubbles

Says IGN and no one else. Developers fault they do anything interesting with the Gamepad, not Nintendo's. Also the developers fault of the game doesn't manage a stable framerate.

1410-taking-control-60s-spiderman.jpg

#15 Posted by mariokart64fan (19805 posts) -

lol wii isnt the console with 1000s of first person shooters!

wii covers every genre, like a boss,

want proof here it goes

fps

1. red steel
  2. conduit 2
  3. red steel 2
  4. goldeneye

open world

1. scarface
  2. god father
  3. bully se

platformer 3d

1. super mario galaxy 2
  2. super mario galaxy
  3. rayman origins
  4. sonic unleashed

2d platformer(side scroller)

1. donkey kong country returns
  2. nsmb u
  3. super mario all stars
  4. kirby epic yarn
  5. kirby return to dreamland

rpg

1. the last story
  2. xenoblade
  3. ff cc echoes of time
  4. ffcc chochobos dungeon

racing

1. mariokart wii
  2. excite truck
  3. excite bots trick racing
  4. ford racing off road
  5. mini desktop racers

adventure

1. zelda tp
  2. zelda skyward sward
  3. metroid prime-can also be considered fps/action

family/board

1. mario party 8
  2. fortune street
  3. mario party 9
  4. monopoly
  5. family fued 2010/decades/2012
  6. wii sports
  7. wii sports resort
  8. wii play
  9. wii party
  10. wii play motion

music/rythm

1. guitar hero
  2. just dance
  3. rockband

sports

1. mario sports mix
  2. mario super sluggers
  3. mario strikers charged
  4. mario power tennis
  5. wwe series
  6. madden
  7. nba 2k series

ya no variety huh and theres still tons more

butthurt fanboy lol

#16 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4365 posts) -

want proof here it goes

fps

1. red steel
  2. conduit 2
  3. red steel 2
  4. goldeneye

open world

1. scarface
  2. god father
  3. bully se

platformer 3d

1. super mario galaxy 2
  2. super mario galaxy
  3. rayman origins
  4. sonic unleashed

2. nsmb u
  3. super mario all stars
  4. kirby epic yarn

rpg

1. the last story
  2. xenoblade
  3. ff cc echoes of time

racing

1. mariokart wii
  2. excite truck
  4. ford racing off road
  5. mini desktop racers

adventure

1. zelda tp
  2. zelda skyward sward

family/board

1. mario party 8
  2. fortune street
  3. mario party 9
  4. monopoly
  6. wii sports
  7. wii sports resort
  8. wii play
  9. wii party
  10. wii play motion

music/rythm

1. guitar hero
  2. just dance
  3. rockband

sports

1. mario sports mix
  2. mario super sluggers
  4. mario power tennis
  5. wwe series
  6. madden
  7. nba 2k series

butthurt fanboy lol

mariokart64fan

Aside from platformers that list is just embarrassing.

#17 Posted by CleanPlayer (9822 posts) -
Too early to tell to quit on the Wii U and it's never too late to hop on the bandwagon :)
#18 Posted by getyeryayasout (8693 posts) -
How old do you think users are when they refer to Nintendo as "kiddy"? I usually peg them about 15 or so.
#19 Posted by Cheleman (7891 posts) -

[QUOTE="mariokart64fan"]

want proof here it goes

fps

1. red steel
  2. conduit 2
  3. red steel 2
  4. goldeneye

open world

1. scarface
  2. god father
  3. bully se

platformer 3d

1. super mario galaxy 2
  2. super mario galaxy
  3. rayman origins
  4. sonic unleashed

2. nsmb u
  3. super mario all stars
  4. kirby epic yarn

rpg

1. the last story
  2. xenoblade
  3. ff cc echoes of time

racing

1. mariokart wii
  2. excite truck
  4. ford racing off road
  5. mini desktop racers

adventure

1. zelda tp
  2. zelda skyward sward

family/board

1. mario party 8
  2. fortune street
  3. mario party 9
  4. monopoly
  6. wii sports
  7. wii sports resort
  8. wii play
  9. wii party
  10. wii play motion

music/rythm

1. guitar hero
  2. just dance
  3. rockband

sports

1. mario sports mix
  2. mario super sluggers
  4. mario power tennis
  5. wwe series
  6. madden
  7. nba 2k series

butthurt fanboy lol

JohnnyCageMK

x2

#20 Posted by Sphensen (814 posts) -

[QUOTE="Yangire"]

[QUOTE="soapandbubbles"]

soapandbubbles

Stop using the word Troll because everyone else does, do you even know the definition? I make valid points... as for hardware DON'T use that excuse, that's what was said with the Wii and look what happened, Nothing on Wii looks better than RE4's cube. Nintendo Bragged about the amazing Abilities of the Wii, even used a BS metroid video initially to demo the graphical amazingness and not one game matches that video. What i can't stand is how they have expressed very little interest in the powerful hardware race, yet continue to spit BS about having capable and impressive graphical hardware. Focus on **** different and innovative games, not gimmicks we can't even make use of properly.

1080P 60fps, what more capable do you want? that's going to be a game standard for a while. you obviously have no imagination to not see the possibilities of a second screen. MS has (smart glass) the Wii U version of NBA 2k13 is going to use the screen as aGatorade Biometrics Scan system, by moving the screen over the players on the tv you will be able to tell who's getting tired, who's on a hot streak, cold streak, etc. ZombieU uses the controller to give you a more "panicky" feel by giving you a sense of urgencywhen going through your enventory. By using the controller as a scope while snipping in a FPS it gives you the ability to keep an eye on what's going on around you instead of just seeing what's through the scope. The WiiU has some good specs and everything about the nextbox/PS4 is all rumors, so until there's an offical announcement about the specs of the next gen you can't say the WiiU won't have the third party support like last gen, They're already off to a good start in that arena. Ubisoft is all over them

#21 Posted by OreoMilkshake (12825 posts) -

getloose2.gif.

#22 Posted by hippiesanta (10012 posts) -
don't worry ... nintendo is already fail.... in terms of what they present to the world
#23 Posted by svetzenlether (3082 posts) -

[QUOTE="Mario1331"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"]The Wii ruined any chance of me buying another Nintedno console. soapandbubbles

Because it's been 2 generations of poor titles, cube failed due to the lack of games and milking the same exclusives and Wii did the same, except everyone fell into the hype of the new controller and knowing the ammount of kids and non gamers, the wii became one attractive peice of machinary, that everyone can enjoy, which what worked and nintendo relied on, but sadely for actual gamers...the Wii was a gimmick and a joke.

Yeah Super Mario Galaxy 2 was so bad that it got a 10... :roll:

#24 Posted by darkspineslayer (20664 posts) -
0/10, that was simply horrible. You should never attempt this again.
#25 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34367 posts) -

Can one not say suck in thread titles on GS, hence the astericks?

Any curse word wouldn't make much sense there.

#26 Posted by soapandbubbles (3181 posts) -

[QUOTE="soapandbubbles"][QUOTE="Mario1331"]

svetzenlether

Yeah Super Mario Galaxy 2 was so bad that it got a 10... :roll:

Wait, just ONE game? common sense tells you that atleast 1 game will be good for a platform...LOL. gsus the people on these boards are hilarious.

#27 Posted by soapandbubbles (3181 posts) -

Can one not say suck in thread titles on GS, hence the astericks?

Any curse word wouldn't make much sense there.

DJ-Lafleur
Will keep that in mind :)
#28 Posted by Cheleman (7891 posts) -

why are you people calling the TC a troll?

He speaks nothing but the truth.

#29 Posted by GamerZem (526 posts) -

[QUOTE="soapandbubbles"]

Yangire

*you're

Also, TC, you have no idea what you are talking about.

#30 Posted by silversix_ (16628 posts) -
wtf were you expecting with three Wii's taped together? Lower your expectations. Every console after N64 is made for those nostalgic Nintendo fanboys and they haven't tasted good games in over a decade, they completely forgot what is a good game. Give them Epic Mikey and they'll tell u its awesome. Give them The Condtuit and its best fps on this gen so lol
#31 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11690 posts) -
 .sammyjenkis898
That ending was pretty damn crazy
#32 Posted by Pikminmaniac (9541 posts) -

Lol, looks like somebody lost a bet :P

But in the very off chance you actually mean what you just said, I feel sorry for you.

#33 Posted by mrmoeone (520 posts) -

I'm bored so I'll bite to this piss-poor troll.

[QUOTE="soapandbubbles"]

No variety ChubbyGuy40

Wahhhh, Nintendo makes/publishes everything but shooters, wahhh!

more kiddy trash

soapandbubbles

No guns and blood = kiddy. It's not like they ever fund/publish stuff like Resident Evil: Revelations, Bayonetta 2, Ninja Gaiden 3...oh wait.

rehashing the same franchisessoapandbubbles

Says the one with the MGS avatar.

Zombie WiiU will be the Red steel of this generation...all hype, promises of powerful hardware and when it comes out is more broken and ugly than we can imagine. soapandbubbles

Red Steel was by a subpar Ubisoft studio. ZombiU comes from Ubisoft Montpellier, creators of Rayman and Beyond Good & Evil.

Who gives a **** about innovations if you don't have the games to back it up. Unless you're 12, Wii failed beyond belief with what was promised. soapandbubbles

Yeah it only promised a unique way to play and delivered upon it. It also delivered the best console exclusives. One of which is the highest rated game of all time.

soapandbubbles

Says IGN and no one else. Developers fault they do anything interesting with the Gamepad, not Nintendo's. Also the developers fault of the game doesn't manage a stable framerate.

1410-taking-control-60s-spiderman.jpg

:D ownage nice one hopefully that will shut the troll up :lol:

#34 Posted by trollop_scat (2655 posts) -

I agree with TC - who the hell keeps buying Nintendo systems? You guys are just encouraging them keep doing more of the same, which is totally lame unless you're between 8-12 years old. Gamecube had a few great games like Eternal Darkness and the revamped RE games, but I don't see anything like that happening on Wii or WiiU - they're 100% casual and family friendly which leaves me 100% out.

The only way Nintendo will go back to ensuring its systems get real games again is if you people vote with your wallets and refuse to pay for under-powered consoles with no games, period. Lets make it happen people, boycott WiiU...

#35 Posted by jeffster85 (2286 posts) -

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]

[QUOTE="mariokart64fan"]

want proof here it goes

fps

1. red steel
  2. conduit 2
  3. red steel 2
  4. goldeneye

open world

1. scarface
  2. god father
  3. bully se

platformer 3d

1. super mario galaxy 2
  2. super mario galaxy
  3. rayman origins
  4. sonic unleashed

2. nsmb u
  3. super mario all stars
  4. kirby epic yarn

rpg

1. the last story
  2. xenoblade
  3. ff cc echoes of time

racing

1. mariokart wii
  2. excite truck
  4. ford racing off road
  5. mini desktop racers

adventure

1. zelda tp
  2. zelda skyward sward

family/board

1. mario party 8
  2. fortune street
  3. mario party 9
  4. monopoly
  6. wii sports
  7. wii sports resort
  8. wii play
  9. wii party
  10. wii play motion

music/rythm

1. guitar hero
  2. just dance
  3. rockband

sports

1. mario sports mix
  2. mario super sluggers
  4. mario power tennis
  5. wwe series
  6. madden
  7. nba 2k series

butthurt fanboy lol

Cheleman

x2

i actually agree with johnnycage for once. though there's some better examples he could have used, the other systems would have a better list than that. it wouldn't be bad for halfway through a gen, but at the end its just laughable. especially one that lasted this long.
#36 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
another bad soapandbubbles thread.... i didnt see that coming /sarcasm
#37 Posted by lild1425 (6757 posts) -

Haha, yep. Me too. The Wii was my first and planned on being my only. Needless to say I ended up getting rid of it. It was absolutely terrible.

But the TC does have a point. Nintendo isn't directly competing with Nintendo or Sony and going the gimmicky route because they know they can't compete head to head with the other two with such a limited narrow library.

Lastly, Wii U is the worst name for a console of all time. It even confused me at first. Was this just a better version of the Wii? If it confused me, clueless mom's will find it even more difficult.

#38 Posted by NirdBerd (2116 posts) -

Fun example fact: Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario Sunshine (two of some of the best in the franchise) are severely underrated because of how drastically different they are to a what would otherwise be described as a traditional Mario game.

#39 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
Only children, or those with the intellectual capacity of children, see "adult" as a term of approval rather than merely a stage in life.
#40 Posted by nintendoboy16 (28386 posts) -

I agree with TC - who the hell keeps buying Nintendo systems? You guys are just encouraging them keep doing more of the same, which is totally lame unless you're between 8-12 years old. Gamecube had a few great games like Eternal Darkness and the revamped RE games, but I don't see anything like that happening on Wii or WiiU - they're 100% casual and family friendly which leaves me 100% out.

The only way Nintendo will go back to ensuring its systems get real games again is if you people vote with your wallets and refuse to pay for under-powered consoles with no games, period. Lets make it happen people, boycott WiiU...

trollop_scat

Too bad Eternal Darkness BOMBED so hard, it helped Nintendo prevent themselves from publishing M rated games of their own, having another M rated game (that wasn't Perfect Dark) be financial suicide. They have to rely on third parties who sell their M rated products (even on Nintendo systems) much better than Nintendo themselves ever will (explain their partnership with Capcom, Tecmo, and SEGA/Platinum).

Oh and by the way, Resident Evil games aren't made by Nintendo. Capcom did them (and what do you know, all individual RE games on the GameCube sold much better than Eternal Darkness, and knowing how GameCube struggled with third party products that weren't SEGA's Sonic the Hedgehog, that's saying a lot). Not to mention, the Wii has several M rated products from, again, THIRD PARTIES (major players being Activision, Capcom, and Grasshopper).

#41 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26633 posts) -

Y5ivl.png

Good job OP.

#42 Posted by ArchoNils2 (6288 posts) -

I know puberty is a hard time for every boy and you try to be as manly as you can, be trust me, once you've actually become a man, you can find yourself enjoying more than just adult games. Just last weekend I played with a friend, we're both, Resident Evil 6 AND Donkey Kong at the same evening.

#43 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (5466 posts) -

[QUOTE="Heil68"]The Wii ruined any chance of me buying another Nintedno console. Mario1331

So, different machine same company. I agree with him.

#44 Posted by chocolate1325 (32652 posts) -

Could be another system where Mario,Zelda and Smash Bros bail them out.

#45 Posted by soapandbubbles (3181 posts) -

ZombieU 4.5/10 ...:lol:

Told yous!

#46 Posted by ArisShadows (22698 posts) -

Still using those kiddy arguements, are we?

tumblrm8is3enag61rc2qiz.gif

#47 Posted by soapandbubbles (3181 posts) -

Still using those kiddy arguements, are we?

tumblrm8is3enag61rc2qiz.gif

ArisShadows
Yeah, what do you think the majority of Nintendo's titles and library are made of? The dude who makes them has the mind of a 10 year old....lol. Hell the cube was designed after a lunch box...is that kiddy enough for ya? Hell...even the discs were made for small hands....oh god should i go on? But srsly, your arguement....is what, exactly? yeah i suggest you make one.
#48 Posted by TheEroica (14621 posts) -
Agreed... i may take a look a few years from now, but the wiiu is currently off the table. I need to see more from nintendo i think.
#49 Posted by KillzoneSnake (1882 posts) -

[QUOTE="soapandbubbles"]

Yangire

He not trolling. Wii U is a console realeased in 2012 how in the world can a PORT look WORSE than a version from a 6-7 year old console? LOL

Super outdated graphics aside... the games are terrible. Maybe them 2D rayman and mario games are good... o.O

#50 Posted by mark1982 (557 posts) -

I see the Wii or Wii U as a secondary console... people who own a Wii play on other platforms, either PC or the HD twins. Same goes for the Wii U, there is a high chance people who will get a Wii U will be on PC/720/PS4 next gen. Playing on a Wii U exclusively means missing out on a lot of great gaming the other platforms have to offer. And not having a Wii U means the same, if you're into Nintendo exclusives.

So in short Wii / Wii U = secondary console for that Nintendo fix, not too hard to comprehend here... that's why I'm getting one, along with a 720/PS4.