blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16509 Posts

You can't even make a lounge and play with random people, you can't create your own rooms, you can't chat with people, no headset, it is bare minimal service. When you finally start the game, it is lagging like crazy. I was told in the nintendo wii u forums to get better internet....funny, my internet is good enough to play my beastly pc games but its not good enough to play some shitty gfx console game?? I would even be willing to pay for a nintendo online service (NOS) that provided smooth gameplay for their games. Nintendo really needs to get their shit together and move into the 21st century, unfortunately I don't think they ever will. So heres to me hoping Nintendo does the gaming community a solid and go down to hell so that a company like google can pick them up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#2 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Well, unlike Xbox Live and PSN which are both currently down and DDOS'd, it's actually working.

Unlike Xbox Live and PSN, which had games launch with server issues all year long, all Nintendo Network games had fully functional online modes all year with minimal to no issues.

Unlike Xbox Live and PSN, Nintendo Network is also free.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

It's free and working

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52418 Posts

Yeah, it's bad. Especially in this day and age. It's 2014.

It's not even close to Xbox 360's online service.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

It's the only online console service working on Christmas Day, and it's free to boot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

You can't even make a lounge and play with random people

Incorrect. You can do this, you can do this in Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros., Call of Duty... what games have you been playing?

you can't create your own rooms, you can't chat with people, no headset

Incorrect again. You can create your own rooms (Nintendo Network was one of the first services to allow basically custom 'servers' back with Mario Kart 7), you can voice chat, you can use headsets, although admittedly, the latter two are very limited.

it is bare minimal service.

This is true, but it is free, and it works. I'll take that over pointless additions like beacons.

When you finally start the game, it is lagging like crazy.

I have never had a Nintendo Network game (on Wii U, that is) lag on me. Maybe it is your internet?

I was told in the nintendo wii u forums to get better internet....funny, my internet is good enough to play my beastly pc games but its not good enough to play some shitty gfx console game??

Wow, you really don't know what you are talking about. Your PC's specs literally have nothing to do with internet gaming, outside of the internet card you are using.

I would even be willing to pay for a nintendo online service (NOS) that provided smooth gameplay for their games.

You are part of the problem.

Nintendo really needs to get their shit together and move into the 21st century, unfortunately I don't think they ever will. So heres to me hoping Nintendo does the gaming community a solid and go down to hell so that a company like google can pick them up.

Yeah, merry Christmas to you too.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@charizard1605: Burn!

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By blaznwiipspman1

@charizard1605 said:

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

You can't even make a lounge and play with random people

Incorrect. You can do this, you can do this in Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros., Call of Duty... what games have you been playing?

you can't create your own rooms, you can't chat with people, no headset

Incorrect again. You can create your own rooms (Nintendo Network was one of the first services to allow basically custom 'servers' back with Mario Kart 7), you can voice chat, you can use headsets, although admittedly, the latter two are very limited.

it is bare minimal service.

This is true, but it is free, and it works. I'll take that over pointless additions like beacons.

When you finally start the game, it is lagging like crazy.

I have never had a Nintendo Network game (on Wii U, that is) lag on me. Maybe it is your internet?

I was told in the nintendo wii u forums to get better internet....funny, my internet is good enough to play my beastly pc games but its not good enough to play some shitty gfx console game??

Wow, you really don't know what you are talking about. Your PC's specs literally have nothing to do with internet gaming, outside of the internet card you are using.

I would even be willing to pay for a nintendo online service (NOS) that provided smooth gameplay for their games.

You are part of the problem.

Nintendo really needs to get their shit together and move into the 21st century, unfortunately I don't think they ever will. So heres to me hoping Nintendo does the gaming community a solid and go down to hell so that a company like google can pick them up.

Yeah, merry Christmas to you too.

You can make a lounge, but only your friends can join (in super smash bros). You can't make custom 4v4 matches, but are limitted to 1v1 and 2v2 in super smash online. It has been lagging like crazy for every single game that I joined so far, even when it was against my friend who lives in the same freaking city as me. PC games are more graphically intense so they transmit more data over the internet, which means they require pretty fast connections. Why can I run my pc games online fine but not a wii u game?

How am I part of the problem, if Im willing to pay for good service? This is not the pc market, where online servers for game has been established ever since internet was first invented and the competition between companies is intense. I understand that, and the need for console manufacturers to make a profit and im willing to pay so that I can enjoy a decent quality service. The only reason nintendo's online hasn't crashed today is because nobody plays it either way.

Merry christmas!

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 44865 Posts

I agree, TC. My smash match was so laggy I had to turn off the system in which Nintendo proceeded to put me in time out for 10 minutes because I left the match

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

No issues with Smash for me. Also it is free and working currently.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lostrib

@SolidGame_basic: filthy leaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@blaznwiipspman1: So your issues are all limited to Smash Bros., not to Nintendo Network.

Now, as for Smash Bros., there is a subset of users who did have problems with it- you are probably in that subset, in which case, yeah, it's shitty that you did. Personally, I recommend getting a Wii Ethernet Adapter, you are playing a fighting game online, you will want minimal latency, a wired connection is better for that than a wireless one.

Btw, to turn on Voice Chat in lobbies with friends, Press -, that turns it on.

What do you mean you can't do 4v4 matches online? Do you mean 8 Man Smash? Because yeah lol, they told us way before they wouldn't put online for that mode. Again, that's on the game, not the service.

For random games online, however, you are wrong, they do allow lobbies, there are even different playlists (casual and competitive) based on what kind of playstyle you want (ranked or unranked).

Again, it's not as full featured as Xbox Live or PSN- I know that, but it is free and it always works (and generally speaking, there is no lag, although yes, you seem to have experienced it), so I'm not going to complain about it.

Also, get Mario Kart 8 if you want to see Nintendo Network with full featured online modes lol.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23706 Posts

Meh, probably. All I know is that it's the only current gen console I've played online and the games I've played (Mario Kart 8 and Smash 4) both played extremely well. I had the occasional minor issues with Smash. The same ones I'd run into with any online game. Mario Kart, surprisingly enough, consistently plays like a local match. That's good enough for me.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

Nintendo Defense Force, ASSEMBLE!

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44485 Posts

Small price to pay to play some great games you can only play on a Nintendo console, for everything else you can get a PS4 or Xbox One or play on a PC.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

Yes its shitty, unranekd and outdated.

Xbox Live and PS Plus wins meanwhile Nintendo online is like 2002 year internet online.

1605 will protect this no matter what. He is ready to burn this thread down for this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Xbox Live and PS Plus wins meanwhile Nintendo online is like 2002 year internet online.

1605 will protect this no matter what. He is ready to burn this thread down for this.

Wrong.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

Yeah it's pretty bare bones, but hey, at least it's working. Probably because there aren't enough people using it to cause such heavy stress on the servers, but it's working nonetheless. >;)

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MonsieurX
@FreedomFreeLife said:

You're a fakeboy,shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By blaznwiipspman1

@FreedomFreeLife said:

lol yes, Ive known charizard for a while, im surprised hes a moderator now but i guess stuff happens. Thanks for suggestion charizard, I will look into getting a 50ft ethernet cable and that usb ethernet port for wii u (eventhough its unpractical) and hope for the best that the games stop lagging. Why again do I have to know my friends to add them to my list charizard?

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FreedomFreeLife

@charizard1605 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Wrong.

Most Nintendo games does not even have online. Ranked means no trophies, no achivements, no cloud or recorded stats you can use online.

Parties and Party chat? Free games every month? Cloud Storage? Video record? Stream? Skype? Watch movies? Music? Store? Achivements/Trophies, Cloud game save, recording, upload, twitch and other stuff. Worst of all is that Wii U has no online community. Dead is dead. It feels like you wanna play some online game but you find out that only 100 players are only playing call of duty and without any dlc, voice video chat. You cant even use voice chat in mario kart 8 while playing.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 14

#22 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41478 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Google + Nintendo = FAIL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

lol yes, Ive known charizard for a while, im surprised hes a moderator now but i guess stuff happens. Thanks for suggestion charizard, I will look into getting a 50ft ethernet cable and that usb ethernet port for wii u (eventhough its unpractical) and hope for the best that the games stop lagging. Why again do I have to know my friends to add them to my list charizard?

You don't? You can add anyone via their usernames.

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@charizard1605 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Wrong.

Most Nintendo games does not even have online. Ranked means no trophies, no achivements, no cloud or recorded stats you can use online.

Parties and Party chat? Free games every month? Cloud Storage? Video record? Stream? Skype? Watch movies? Music? Store? Achivements/Trophies, Cloud game save, recording, upload, twitch and other stuff. Worst of all is that Wii U has no online community. Dead is dead. It feels like you wanna play some online game but you find out that only 100 players are only playing call of duty and without any dlc, voice video chat. You cant even use voice chat in mario kart 8 while playing.

Yo, most of this is right, but you know what, most of this is also irrelevant to actually playing online, which is what this thread was about.

That said, it should have cloud saves, though. Everything else? Free games every month that you have to pay for? Not free. Video recording? It's there, it's on a game by game basis, but it is there, same with video sharing. Skype? It has Wii U Chat, so again, yes, it's there. Watch movies? It has Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, Youtube, CrunchRoll. Music? Remind me how PS4 or Xbox One have DLNA, again? Store? What, is the Nintendo eShop a figment of collective imaginations? Achievements? Via Miiverse.

Party and party chat? Missing, agreed.

Not a lot of Nintendo games have online. A lot of them do. Mario Kart 8. Hyrule Warriors. Super Smash Bros. Bayonetta 2. Two of those offer ranked play.Super Smash Bros. has an entire game mode dedicated to ranked online play. Just because you don't know what you are talking about doesn't mean it's not there.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FreedomFreeLife

@nintendoboy16 said:

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Google + Nintendo = FAIL

Nintendo = Windows 98

Sad. Even 2004 year Xbox Live had more features and stuff than Wii U online 2014(soon 2015).

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lostrib

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Google + Nintendo = FAIL

Nintendo = Windows 98

Sad. Even 2004 year Xbox Live had more features and stuff than Wii U online 2014(soon 2015).

Don't act like you play games

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MonsieurX
@FreedomFreeLife said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Google + Nintendo = FAIL

Nintendo = Windows 98

You had to pay for Xbox Live,no wonder it has more features

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

lol this guy made the same topic about his internet lag on the nintendo forum.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

It's the worst. Not sure why charizard is damage controlling so hard trying to defend it lol. It may not be as bad as people say, but at the end of the day: yeah it's easily the worst

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

I prefer it over the other two. It is simple. You hit 'online multiplayer' and there ya go. All you really need, plus it is free. Never really have issues with any game i've ever used on it, either. Personally cannot stand achievements and it is annoying having a popup in the middle of the dang game.

My only issue with Nintendo Eshop is the slow release schedule of VC titles, and the double dipping with 3ds--which seems illegal as you are paying for a license, not software.

MikeHockbourns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MikeHockbourns
Member since 2014 • 754 Posts

its free, and not down every day like PSN and XBL

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

While it would never be my first choice for anything, it is the only console service online running at the moment.

BUT-

That's kind of like saying that your PC never gets hacked because it doesn't have the internet, or your mac never gets viruses. The target simply isn't attractive enough.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 14

#32  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41478 Posts

@Couth_ said:

It's the worst. Not sure why charizard is damage controlling so hard trying to defend it lol. It may not be as bad as people say, but at the end of the day: yeah it's easily the worst

He's not denying the Wii U's online is behind. What he's doing is correcting misinformation. Just because something is crap, doesn't mean it gives the right to spread misinformation (oh memories of me being pissed off at an AVGN review for the first time when he reviewed Castlevania 64).

And no, don't take this as me ass-kissing charizard. When he and I talk, we fight most of the time.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Bigboi500

@Couth_ said:

And how would you know? Recent experience for any subject matter is a pretty important step in correctly discussing it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#34 deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
Member since 2011 • 2103 Posts

Doesn't work too bad for me, bit slow today due to the holiday rush, not as bad as last year when it went down due to the swarm of new users. Glad they got more servers for this year. Nintendo Network is missing a lot of essential features, (especially on the 3DS) but it works for what it is.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Couth_

@Bigboi500 said:

@Couth_ said:

And how would you know? Recent experience for any subject matter is a pretty important step in correctly discussing it.

What are you the verification police? Why are you worried about how I would know?

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Couth_

@nintendoboy16 said:

@Couth_ said:

He's not denying the Wii U's online is behind. What he's doing is correcting misinformation. Just because something is crap, doesn't mean it gives the right to spread misinformation (oh memories of me being pissed off at an AVGN review for the first time when he reviewed Castlevania 64).

And no, don't take this as me ass-kissing charizard. When he and I talk, we fight most of the time.

Yeah this is a reasonable response.. lol at big boys butthurt response

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60665 Posts

It's not very good imo and the only thing it has going for it is it's free. My bet is there will be some sort of premium online in the future because like it or not, online and the servers and the manpower, hardware and software to run them takes money.

I tried Mk8 and in my experience the lag, lack of unified chatting and party system makes me not want to try much else.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Bigboi500

@Couth_ said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@Couth_ said:

What are you the verification police? Why are you worried about how I would know?

Knowledge and experience of the product in question is important.

But then again this is System Wars. Guess I should start talking out of my ass about gaming PC hardware because we're all experts here.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Couth_

@Bigboi500 said:

@Couth_ said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@Couth_ said:

But then again this is System Wars. Guess I should start talking out of my ass about gaming PC hardware because we're all experts here.

You're already talking out of your ass and it has nothing to do with what I even posted.. Assuming is bad, son. When you assume you already lose

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

It has never been taken offline for me, I have no issues with the eshop, it has great online deals, and its free. What are you complaining about? Did you complain about this for ps3?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Heil68

@Bigboi500 said:

@Couth_ said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@Couth_ said:

I would agree with Couth and I have all 3 consoles. Nintendo easily has the worst online and features out of all 3 and at this point it should since its free.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#42  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Well, unlike Xbox Live and PSN which are both currently down and DDOS'd, it's actually working.

Unlike Xbox Live and PSN, which had games launch with server issues all year long, all Nintendo Network games had fully functional online modes all year with minimal to no issues.

DDOSd happening from hackers and individuals that getting paid for OR for other political or society matters. If they want to DDOs Nintendo they can do it like a charm and beleive me , the consequences will be the same or even worse. So dont bring this example as an excuse. If any hacker , paid or not , wants to fap Nintendos network up ...he can do it as easily as Sonys.

Other than that heavy load traffic on networks means also more problems. Its not the same bandwidth , servers loading etc etc needed for 5-10-20million players that are online at any given time with mere thousands to 1M max ? Things getting complicated as numbers getting higher and higher and something servers downtimes and crashes are not entirely X companys fault but also the companies behind them that providing their services as well.

And yes , can you imagine Nintendo Network being a pay to play service ? How many would have paid for it ? Lets not discuss about it .. I think would have been a disaster.

So to topics main question. Yes Nintendo online service is the worst between all other platforms , even Mobile phones or Smart Tvs having better , but i wouldnt say ever. Just one of the worse right now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@AzatiS said:

@charizard1605 said:

DDOSd happening from hackers and individuals that getting paid for OR for other political or society matters. If they want to DDOs Nintendo they can do it like a charm and beleive me the consequences will be the same or even worse. So dont bring this ridiculous example as an excuse. If any hacker , paid or not , wants to **** Nintendos network up ...he can do it as easily as Sonys.

Other than that heavy load traffic on networks means also problems. Its the same bandwidth , servers etc etc needed for 5-10-20million players that are online at any given time and the same for like mere thousands of 1M max ? Dont think so.

And yes , can you imagine Nintendo Network being a pay to play service ? How many would had paid for it ? Lets not discuss about it.

So to topics main question. Yes Nintendo online service is the worst between all other platforms , even Mobile phones or Smart Tvs but i wouldnt say ever. Just one of the worse right now.

I agree with everything you said, it's a very reasonable post.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Bigboi500

@Couth_ said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@Couth_ said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@Couth_ said:

You're already talking out of your ass and it has nothing to do with what I even posted.. Assuming is bad, son. When you assume you already lose

You've been an irrational Nintendo hater for years. I find it very hard to believe you've suddenly lost your fanboy stupidity over night, but hey, if true good for you.

I use all three console services regularly, and they're pretty much equal across the board in download speeds and reliability (except for lately with XBL and PSN always crashing). About the only thing XBL and PSN have over NN are a few oddball features here and there that some never use. Hardly worth the price of $50-$60 per year.

Some are brainwashed in to believing that paying automatically makes a service better. It doesn't.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Bigboi500

@Heil68 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

I would agree with Couth and I have all 3 consoles. Nintendo easily has the worst online and features out of all 3 and at this point it should since its free.

We're all entitled to our own opinions, and I respect yours, but I'd like to ask what specifically makes you think it's so bad compared to the others?

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47 TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

Meh. Its free, so I'm not expecting a premium service.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Heil68

@Bigboi500 said:

@Heil68 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

We're all entitled to our own opinions, and I respect yours, but I'd like to ask what specifically makes you think it's so bad compared to the others?

I would rate MS first as they have been doing it well for years and have the software and knowledge behind it. I choose Sony second as they are trying to play catch up with the party, message and friends system as well as cloud saves.

Nintendo is last imo because there really isn't a unified friends service that's easy to use. The lack of chat, party and friends features really hurts them. I agree with you on d/l speeds for games/demos as they are all pretty much the same, but even last gen when PSN was free, I feel it was still better than Nintendo online.

I think part of the issue is Nintendo fears becoming home to trolls and abusive people which fills up MS/PSN servers and games, but they have to get over that and get their online to where you can chat easily and make/join parties because for me, that's what Online is all about.

Now you have to also have lag free games or all that goes out the door and each of them have had big games that lag and generally make playing online a chore.

I feel Nintendo will sooner or later have to charge for online not only to keep up with competition but to invest in infrastructure. technology, hardware and software because that stuff isn't free for them nor cheap.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#49 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

Well, it's free, and, apparently, it's the only that's currently working on Christmas.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

It's not like Nintendo is doing anything modern or special with its online services. It would be actually insulting if they charged money for it.