Nintendo won't be at PAX East this year.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3388 posts) -

Sauce

*silenty waits for the next Nintendo Direct*

#2 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22346 posts) -

Apparently sony isn't gonna be there either

#3 Posted by charizard1605 (55278 posts) -

I guess they're saving the big guns for E3 now. There's only so many times you can show off Mario Kart, Smash Bros., X, and Bayonetta and expect people to still be excited.

#4 Posted by charizard1605 (55278 posts) -

I guess they're saving the big guns for E3 now. There's only so many times you can show off The Order and DriveClub and expect people to still be excited.

#5 Posted by Joedgabe (5091 posts) -

At least this year's E3 might be entertaining. Or at least I hope so.

#6 Posted by LanceX2 (305 posts) -

poor ninty,

#7 Posted by charizard1605 (55278 posts) -
#8 Posted by limpbizkit818 (15033 posts) -

Shame they couldn't put together a small booth. Last year I got a great picture with the Giant Pikachu

#9 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9504 posts) -

Guess Nintendo and Sony are waiting until E3 to show off what they have, which actually increases my interest in E3.

#10 Edited by limpbizkit818 (15033 posts) -

Guess Nintendo and Sony are waiting until E3 to show off what they have, which actually increases my interest in E3.

They didn't show off anything new at any of the past PAX East events. There is no reason to believe that the lack of presences at Pax will translate into more at E3.

#11 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (9466 posts) -

@Demonjoe93 said:

They didn't show off anything new at any of the past PAX East events. There is no reason to believe that the lack of presences at Pax will translate into more at E3.

The Last of Us was at PAX East last year. I remember it vividly because it was nearly impossible to get into the line.

Sony may not officially be there but there will be next gen games at PAX and I suspect the majority of them to be showcased on the PS4.

#12 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6719 posts) -

Nintendo is doomed.

Seriously though, the game market is pretty dry from all major companies.

#13 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9504 posts) -

@Demonjoe93 said:

Oh, well, then that kinda just makes this a non-story then.

#14 Posted by Heil68 (43147 posts) -

Only game I care about is Project X, so not a real loss.

#15 Posted by VendettaRed07 (13998 posts) -

I guess they're saving the big guns for E3 now. There's only so many times you can show off Mario Kart, Smash Bros., X, and Bayonetta and expect people to still be excited.

After last years debacle honestly I don't understand why.

They don't seem to want to treat e3 as something special anymore.. So why are all the Nintendo fans who are starving for content told to wait till e3? I thought the whole point of this Nintendo direct thing was so that they didn't have to wait.

My only guess is that this e3 will be the same as the last. We expect the moon because Nintendo has done so poorly that all the logical thinkers are left to assume that they have to be hiding something under their sleeve.. Yet all there is, is more disappointment. And nintendo delivering the bare minimum necessary to keep afloat. I want to be optimistic but this is the same story every single year now. I don't get what they are doing anymore.

#16 Posted by MirkoS77 (6974 posts) -

I swear, Nintendo better do a PC this year. If they decide to have a Direct focus same as last year, all my last remaining hope for the company will vanish.

#17 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26066 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

I swear, Nintendo better do a PC this year. If they decide to have a Direct focus same as last year, all my last remaining hope for the company will vanish.

It hasn't before? I remember you absolutely losing it when Nintendo announced Quality of Life, to the point of saying ""F*** NIntendo!"

#18 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34111 posts) -

Perhaps Nintendo is skipping out because they have a direct planned instead?

#19 Posted by MirkoS77 (6974 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

It hasn't before? I remember you absolutely losing it when Nintendo announced Quality of Life, to the point of saying ""F*** NIntendo!"

Nope. Well, you'll be in for one of my rants if this happens. I don't think it will though, they're announcing Zelda. What's worse than Nintendo not showing up with a PC are people defending them not showing up with a PC.

#20 Posted by Desmonic (13179 posts) -

@Shinobishyguy said:

I guess they're saving the big guns for E3 now. There's only so many times you can show off The Order and DriveClub and expect people to still be excited.

DriveClub + excited? Clearly you are thinking of a different game :P