Nintendo VS Valve/Blizzard

• 73 results
Posted by samanthademeste (1232 posts) 1 year, 10 days ago

Poll: Nintendo VS Valve/Blizzard (73 votes)

Nintendo 48%
Valve/Blizzard 41%
they all suck 11%

Which one is better?

#1 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

why combine valve and blizzard?

#2 Posted by MonsieurX (31552 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:

Because it's op

He's a bit derp,look at all his threads

#3 Posted by melonfarmerz (1278 posts) -

This confuses me. I'm assuming you want to compare Nintendo to the two largest PC companies but you might as well make it Nintendo vs Microsoft vs Sony vs Valve

#4 Posted by Ballroompirate (23667 posts) -

Out of the list, Nintendo.

Personally I'd go with ND = Bioware = R* = Rocksteady = CD PROJEKT RED > the three you listed

#5 Edited by samanthademeste (1232 posts) -

I noticed that the new and improved gamespot is actually lemmingspot, with people who post here have little to no experience with gaming outside of the Xbox series of consoles.

#6 Posted by getyeryayasout (8332 posts) -

Bologna vs. tongue depressor. Go.

#7 Posted by MonsieurX (31552 posts) -

@samanthademeste said:

I noticed that the new and improved gamespot is actually lemmingspot, with people who post here have little to no experience with gaming outside of the Xbox series of consoles.

-4/10

#8 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (7817 posts) -

Nintendo, easily. Blizzard makes great games, but they don't make very many of them. Does Valve even make games anymore?

#9 Posted by charizard1605 (60802 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:

#10 Posted by lostrib (41934 posts) -

@samanthademeste said:

what the derp?

#11 Edited by Spartan070 (16377 posts) -

@samanthademeste said:

#12 Edited by santoron (7960 posts) -

I don't even...

#13 Posted by jg4xchamp (49886 posts) -

Legacy=Nintendo followed by Blizzard.

Currently=Valve as they actually have funded fresher and unique experiences where as Nintendo and Blizzard have done their absolute best maintaining their status quo(with some exceptions such as Mario Galaxy)

#14 Posted by Jankarcop (10435 posts) -

Currently valve/blizz by miles.

#15 Posted by HaloinventedFPS (4736 posts) -

I hate how people combine all Nintendo studios into one "Nintendo"

There is multiple Nintendo EAD teams & of course all their first party devs

#16 Posted by stationplay_4 (444 posts) -

@samanthademeste said:

yea there are no sony fanboys anywhere i noticed that too.

#17 Posted by uninspiredcup (12257 posts) -

Naughty Dog made Uncharted and The Road. Two of the most original high concept influential games in history.

Why they no listed?

#19 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2722 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: Uncharted is a third person cover shooter with pretty graphics. Great games, but not exactly revolutionary.

#21 Edited by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2722 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@uninspiredcup: Uncharted is a third person cover shooter with pretty graphics. Great games, but not exactly revolutionary.

he was bieng sarcastic

Ahhh... Sarcasm is hard on the internet... Also, lots of people are stupid.

#22 Posted by inb4uall (6310 posts) -

@samanthademeste said:

Are you blind? There are cows everywhere you look.

#23 Posted by ConanTheStoner (7203 posts) -

@samanthademeste said:

I guess you're posting this message from some time around 2006/2007. Keep your chin up, Sony starts turning things around in 08.

#24 Posted by Vaasman (11751 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

he was bieng sarcastic

You probably know that because it's your alt.

#25 Posted by Litchie (16627 posts) -

Nintendo, no contest. Valve makes incredible games. Too bad they make very, very few of them. Blizzard is not what they once were. And if they were, Nintendo is still better. Nintendo manages to spit out gem after gem and have been doing this since the freaking NES.

#26 Posted by Cloud_imperium (5713 posts) -

Half Life 3 is the most anticipated game in the world , nuff said .

On other hand Nintendo exclusives are better than other consoles in my opinion . Their games are exactly what console gaming was all about , having fun . Now every overrated franchise is about QTEs and shooting , no more gems like Dino Crisis , Shenmue etc .

#27 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2722 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

Half Life 3 is the most anticipated game in the world , nuff said .

On other hand Nintendo exclusives are better than other consoles in my opinion . Their games are exactly what console gaming was all about , having fun . Now every overrated franchise is about QTEs and shooting , no more gems like Dino Crisis , Shenmue etc .

At the same time, Half Life 3 is so highly anticipated because Valve ended their last expansion pack for Half Life 2 on a cliffhanger that they never answered.

#28 Posted by Suppaman100 (4324 posts) -

Valve is overrated and so is Blizzard.

Nintendo it is.

#29 Posted by Heirren (18706 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:

Valve. nintendo is childish developer make games for 5 year old kids like mario and zelda

Valve is real gaming developer

Valve has made how many games? Nintendo is above all.

#30 Posted by Priapus10101 (117 posts) -

All three companies listed continue to deliver amazing games however I would rank Valve above them all. I am simply too addicted to Dota 2 and CS:GO.

#32 Edited by NFJSupreme (5403 posts) -

Valve vs blizzard would have been a much better thread.

#33 Posted by nutcrackr (12829 posts) -

Valve don't really make games anymore. They have DOTA 2 to live off for a few years and Steam profits to keep them alive for another 50.

#34 Posted by Heirren (18706 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:

@Heirren said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

Valve. nintendo is childish developer make games for 5 year old kids like mario and zelda

Valve is real gaming developer

Valve has made how many games? Nintendo is above all.

Half life series is better than all nintendo games combine.

plus they have counter strike and tf2 best MP experience

Statements like this give the impression that you have no intelligence.

#36 Posted by Cloud_imperium (5713 posts) -

@NFJSupreme said:

Valve vs blizzard would have been a much better thread.

No . That's just Evil . I can't choose one of them .

#37 Posted by nutcrackr (12829 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:

@nutcrackr said:

Valve don't really make games anymore. They have DOTA 2 to live off for a few years and Steam profits to keep them alive for another 50.

they are working on source engine 2

gabe himself said

"waiting for a game to roll it out with".

it either be Half life 3 or new ip whatever source engine 2 game will be biggest game since Half life 2.

Vague Gabe once again. We've heard rumors of HL3 but absolutely nothing concrete or any leaks. It could be they are making an engine only and don't have any game to go with it yet. I believe nothing until I see it.

#38 Posted by happyduds77 (1554 posts) -

Nintendo beats pretty much every studio in existence.

#39 Posted by happyduds77 (1554 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:

Because Nintendo is that good.

#40 Posted by princeofshapeir (15058 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium: I''ll make it easy for you: Valve, because Blizzard is set to ruin WoW with the next expansion and is placing more focus on D3 and their F2P games.

#41 Edited by zeeshanhaider (2859 posts) -

Valve is the only right answer. Nintendo is not just one developer.

#42 Posted by Vecna (3402 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

Nintendo it is.

Riiiiight.

It must hurt when you try and think. Do us all a favor and don't.

#43 Posted by TheFadeForever (2186 posts) -

Need HL3 than it would be all over

#44 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27884 posts) -

@HaloinventedFPS said:

I hate how people combine all Nintendo studios into one "Nintendo"

There is multiple Nintendo EAD teams & of course all their first party devs

Because they are owned by the same company and the fact that the likes of EAD and R&D have the same name. Not that hard to figure out.

#45 Posted by Suppaman100 (4324 posts) -

@Vecna said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Nintendo it is.

Riiiiight.

It must hurt when you try and think. Do us all a favor and don't.

Nintendo's legacy >>>>>>> Valve/Blizzard

*looks at poll*

Hmm, seems most agree. Truth must hurt doesn't it?

#46 Posted by cainetao11 (19108 posts) -

Not sure why this is being compared, or the combo, but Nintendo doesn't have this nostalgic love from me that many gamers I know have for them.

#47 Posted by Pikminmaniac (9343 posts) -

nintendo, to this day, continue to create some of the best games in the industry with a focus on timeless design, creativity, and unmatched variety.

Valve and Blizzard have some strong offerings, but their output is a lot smaller and has less genre coverage. Also, Valve's output seems to have sloweddown greatly and Blizzard has stuck to just a couple franchises now.

#48 Posted by Heil68 (46716 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

Not sure why this is being compared, or the combo, but Nintendo doesn't have this nostalgic love from me that many gamers I know have for them.

Me either. That ship has sailed.

#49 Edited by cainetao11 (19108 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@cainetao11 said:

A wind waker? LOL.

#50 Posted by Heil68 (46716 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

@Heil68 said:

@cainetao11 said:

A wind waker? LOL.

hahaha