Nintendo should buy capcom

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by gamerdude970 (359 posts) -

That would be HUGE and would make nintendo consoles more appeling.

#2 Posted by bbkkristian (14967 posts) -
I'm pretty sure the Sony fanboys would start a riot. Seriously.
#3 Posted by ConanTheStoner (6876 posts) -

Nah.  Street Fighter being a Ninty exclusive would never settle with me.  Plus Capcom has too much dead weight.

Now if Nintendo could buy some of their IPs like Megaman and Okami, that would be cool.

#4 Posted by Lionheart08 (15533 posts) -

I'm pretty sure the Sony fanboys would start a riot. Seriously. bbkkristian

???

What exclusives does Capcom have for Sony that would lead to rioting.

#5 Posted by Trail_Mix (2579 posts) -

Nintendo can take Capcom, but only if Sony gets Sega. :oops:

#6 Posted by darkspineslayer (20210 posts) -
Nintendo isn't that smart, or they are smarter than we give them credit for and are waiting until the company is worth nothing. They should also absorb Sega, and therefor Atlus.
#7 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34228 posts) -

Nah.  Street Fighter being a Ninty exclusive would never settle with me.  Plus Capcom has too much dead weight.

Now if Nintendo could buy some of their IPs like Megaman and Okami, that would be cool.

ConanTheStoner

Pretty much my thoughts. Nintendo with Megaman or Okami would be incredible, but Nintendo + Street Fighter would NOT work out. Nintendo and competitive gaming hasn't exactly been known to go well together, with the only exception maybe being Pokemon (though I haven't really put much focus or research into competitive pokemon so maybe I'm wrong about that.)

#8 Posted by gamerdude970 (359 posts) -

Nintendo isn't that smart, or they are smarter than we give them credit for and are waiting until the company is worth nothing. They should also absorb Sega, and therefor Atlus. darkspineslayer

They wont whats the point in having so much money when you dont invest it into making your company better. 

#9 Posted by GD1551 (9645 posts) -

Nintendo will never absorb a company that focuses on core gamers this day and age. They would quicker buy Zynga than Capcom.

#10 Posted by Cheleman (7865 posts) -

And Sony should buy Nintendo. And save them from imminent bankruptcy. Because thats the SONY live love learn philosophy.

Shout out to mah boy Heil68. He couldn't be here with us tonight. Too busy playing the inferior version of GTAV. Yes the 360 version LOL

#11 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
street fighter on the wii u? lol **** that..
#12 Posted by bbkkristian (14967 posts) -

[QUOTE="bbkkristian"]I'm pretty sure the Sony fanboys would start a riot. Seriously. Lionheart08

???

None, they just cry about everything exclusive that goes to Nintendo :P
#13 Posted by bbkkristian (14967 posts) -

Trail_Mix
Is it because SEGA has Atlus? :P
#14 Posted by lx_theo (6211 posts) -
[QUOTE="Lionheart08"]

[QUOTE="bbkkristian"]I'm pretty sure the Sony fanboys would start a riot. Seriously. bbkkristian

???

Fanboys will be fanboys, regardless of faction.
#15 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27664 posts) -

[QUOTE="bbkkristian"]I'm pretty sure the Sony fanboys would start a riot. Seriously. Lionheart08

???

None, but Capcom does enough multiplats to start a riot WORSE than Bayonetta 2.

#16 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

As bad as Capcom might be sometimes, I'd like it if Nintendo didn't attempt to buy any studio.

#17 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
sony should just buy nintendo, world dominance. Best first party games + best hardware. Everyone wins.
#18 Posted by ConanTheStoner (6876 posts) -

sony should just buy nintendo, world dominance. Best first party games + best hardware. Everyone wins.campzor

If Nintendo had to be absorbed by another company, that's how I'd want it to go.

#19 Posted by starwolf474 (925 posts) -
I think Sega would be a better choice for Nintendo to buy since Sega games and Nintendo games go well together. I think Microsoft should be the one to buy Capcom since Microsoft has the weakest 1st party of the 3 console makers and buying Capcom would do a lot to make their first party more competitive with Nintendo and Sony's first party. It might even make Xbox more appealing to gamers in Japan. And I'm sure the money spent to buy Capcom would be nothing more than pocket change for Microsoft.
#20 Posted by gamerdude970 (359 posts) -

As bad as Capcom might be sometimes, I'd like it if Nintendo didn't attempt to buy any studio.

treedoor

Them buying more studios would be better than having a system with NO games what was the point on having a year headstart when all the games are delayed till 2014. I swear nintendo is **** stupid.

#21 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

[QUOTE="ConanTheStoner"]

DJ-Lafleur

Pretty much my thoughts. Nintendo with Megaman or Okami would be incredible, but Nintendo + Street Fighter would NOT work out. Nintendo and competitive gaming hasn't exactly been known to go well together, with the only exception maybe being Pokemon (though I haven't really put much focus or research into competitive pokemon so maybe I'm wrong about that.)

No you're right. Competitive pokemon battles are amazing. 

#22 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

[QUOTE="treedoor"]

gamerdude970

Them buying more studios would be better than having a system with NO games what was the point on having a year headstart when all the games are delayed till 2014. I swear nintendo is **** stupid.

That's a fault of Nintendo.

They decided they didn't care about input from 3rd parties in the design of their console.

Buying Capcom wouldn't cure Nintendo's stupidity in that matter. Yeah, they might get an extra game or two a year, but what'd be better is if Nintendo would just listen to what devs wanted, make a system that is appealing to develop for, and then watch as 3rd parties flock  to the system (Capcom included).

#23 Posted by bbkkristian (14967 posts) -
[QUOTE="bbkkristian"][QUOTE="Lionheart08"]

???

lx_theo

Fanboys will be fanboys, regardless of faction.

Amen to that.
#24 Posted by gamerdude970 (359 posts) -

[QUOTE="gamerdude970"]

[QUOTE="treedoor"]

treedoor

That's a fault of Nintendo.

They decided they didn't care about input from 3rd parties in the design of their console.

Buying Capcom wouldn't cure Nintendo's stupidity in that matter. Yeah, they might get an extra game or two a year, but what'd be better is if Nintendo would just listen to what devs wanted, make a system that is appealing to develop for, and then watch as 3rd parties flock  to the system (Capcom included).

This ^^ 

#25 Posted by Yo-SUP (357 posts) -
no no. We want to SAVE CAPCOM guys, not kill them
#26 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6620 posts) -
The fighting game community would riot.
#27 Posted by gamerdude970 (359 posts) -

The fighting game community would riot.Capitan_Kid

They will suck it up and buy nintendo consoles if nintendo bought capcom.

#28 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27664 posts) -

The fighting game community would riot.Capitan_Kid
Yeah, them too. Outside of that streaming incident, many in that community just don't even like their consoles, as for games, it's a bigger case for Smash.

#29 Posted by lamprey263 (24963 posts) -
No, Capcom is perfectly okay taking losses making Nintendo exclusives without any financial accommodation from Nintendo. Think of like a girl that let's guys who like her take her out and buy her things and pay to get her flat tire fixed and help her pay rent in hopes that she puts out, and she leads them on and won't... that's like what Nintendo has going for it, if Nintendo took Capcom under their wing that would be like having to put out and being tied down and helping the guy to pay off his student loans and credit card debt.
#30 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -

???

everything is linked with Sony and cows in bbkkristian's world.
#31 Posted by silversix_ (15546 posts) -
Capcom should buy Nintendo
#32 Posted by bbkkristian (14967 posts) -
[QUOTE="Lionheart08"]

[QUOTE="bbkkristian"]I'm pretty sure the Sony fanboys would start a riot. Seriously. rjdofu

???

everything is linked with Sony and cows in bbkkristian's world.

"I can't see me loving nobody but you (cows) for all my liiiiiiiiiiiiifffeeeee!!!" :D I'm keeping the SW fire alive.
#33 Posted by TilxWLOC (1163 posts) -

silversix_

Isn't Capcom dying, or something? That's what I thought I'd heard.

#34 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -
MS should buy Nintendo
#35 Posted by drekula2 (2930 posts) -

Nintendo should buy Capcom's IP's but lay off it's employees.  Mitt Romney style

#36 Posted by Newhopes (4654 posts) -

And Sony should buy Nintendo. And save them from imminent bankruptcy. Because thats the SONY live love learn philosophy.

Shout out to mah boy Heil68. He couldn't be here with us tonight. Too busy playing the inferior version of GTAV. Yes the 360 version LOL

Cheleman

Nintendo has more cash than Sony.....

#37 Posted by Trail_Mix (2579 posts) -
[QUOTE="Trail_Mix"]

bbkkristian
Is it because SEGA has Atlus? :P

Maaaybe :P
#38 Posted by locopatho (20523 posts) -
Ew no. Dead Rising is one their best franchises and that'd suck on Nintendo hardware.
#39 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7754 posts) -
I think it would be great. We would see a new Megaman shortly after.
#40 Posted by Netret0120 (2862 posts) -
Oh gosh i hope not. I actually like some Capcom games and would want it left 3rd party
#41 Posted by Netret0120 (2862 posts) -
MS should buy Nintendorjdofu
That would guarantee MS the console race
#42 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7851 posts) -

Nintendo should buy some of Capcom's IPs, but not the company. That's too much extra baggage.

#43 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27664 posts) -

[QUOTE="rjdofu"]MS should buy NintendoNetret0120
That would guarantee MS the console race

Uh... no. I think rjdofu is just trolling, but MS buying Nintendo doesn't guarantee s***. Sony can still siege the hell out of them.

#44 Posted by Lumpy311 (2009 posts) -

MS should just buy Sony

#45 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

Nintendo should buy Sega and Ubisoft as well.

#46 Posted by dobzilian (2817 posts) -
Apple should buy Nintendo.
#47 Posted by princeofshapeir (14907 posts) -
Nintendo should buy the rights to the Megaman franchise. The way Capcom is using it, they'd rather make Super Street Fighter IV Ultra X Hyper Turbo Ranch Supreme than Mega Man Legends 3.
#48 Posted by Lumpy311 (2009 posts) -

Nintendo should buy the rights to the Megaman franchise. The way Capcom is using it, they'd rather make Super Street Fighter IV Ultra X Hyper Turbo Ranch Supreme than Mega Man Legends 3. princeofshapeir

Hey!

I loved Super Ultra Mega Street Fighter  Extreme Arcade Edition 2210!

#49 Posted by super600 (30947 posts) -

No.That would be one of the weirdest moves ever.Capcom and nintendo will suffer financially.

#50 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

[QUOTE="silversix_"]

TilxWLOC

Isn't Capcom dying, or something? That's what I thought I'd heard.

Capcom only has 152 Million in the bank currently.