Nintendo Sends Final Wii U Devkits To Developers; The Next Generation Has Begun

• 138 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by charizard1605 (58152 posts) -

SOURCE

The final specifications of the Wii U are rumored to be much more powerful than the E3 model, bumping up its power from ~3x the PS3 to ~5x the PS3 (making it just 20% weaker than the rumored Xbox 720, which is less than the difference between the original Xbox and the Gamecube).

While we won't know the final specs and details for ourselves until E3, this is it, folks. The next generation has begun.

#2 Posted by mmmwksil (14383 posts) -

Next Gen begins when Sony says so, you know that!

#3 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

I can't wait to see what the Wii U looks like.

I also want to see what games they show off and what they look like compared to last E3.

#4 Posted by DigitalExile (16049 posts) -

And the rumoured 720 is rumoured to use hardware that came out for PC a year ago... How is playing catch up the beginning?

#5 Posted by peterw007 (3653 posts) -

I can't wait to see what the Wii U looks like.

I also want to see what games they show off and what they look like compared to last E3.

Nintendo_Ownes7

Agreed. I too am very excited for this E3.

#6 Posted by charizard1605 (58152 posts) -

And the rumoured 720 is rumoured to use hardware that came out for PC a year ago... How is playing catch up the beginning?

DigitalExile
It is also supposed to be about as powerful as the Wii U. People who expect a full generation leap from the next generation consoles visually speaking are idiots. We have reached a point of diminishing returns as far as hardware power and graphics with respect to economic and financial investment is concerned- the leap next generation will be modest at best, and the Wii U will be competitive enough to keep pace and retain all its third party support even after the 720 and PS4 release.
#7 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9626 posts) -

This E3 should be quite interesting then.

#8 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8453 posts) -
The year before next gen is always exciting.
#9 Posted by Kingpin0114 (2599 posts) -

Okay I'm starting to get really hype about the WiiU. Please please please don't dissapoint us Nintendo.

#10 Posted by charizard1605 (58152 posts) -
The year before next gen is always exciting. MFDOOM1983
I still remember 005, leading up to the reveal of the Wii and the PS3... it was insane.
#11 Posted by PillyChickle (1031 posts) -

Hype for next generation.... building... :D

I honestly was quite worried about the Wii-U, but it does seem that Nintendo are getting serious this time after the mixed reception they received last year at E3.

#12 Posted by Shinobi120 (5570 posts) -

[QUOTE="DigitalExile"]

charizard1605

It is also supposed to be about as powerful as the Wii U. People who expect a full generation leap from the next generation consoles visually speaking are idiots. We have reached a point of diminishing returns as far as hardware power and graphics with respect to economic and financial investment is concerned- the leap next generation will be modest at best, and the Wii U will be competitive enough to keep pace and retain all its third party support even after the 720 and PS4 release.

This. If you want more greater graphics, get a good gaming PC.

Plus I see that Cows are laughing about this rumor, but if the rumors are true that the Wii U & the next Xbox are similar to each other in power, & if Sony goes WAY overboard them both with the PS4, then guess who 3rd party developers are going to be paying more attention to? It certainly won't be the PS4. Then both the Wii U & the next Xbox owners will be having the last laugh then. :lol:

#13 Posted by trugs26 (5572 posts) -

This year's E3 will be awesome. It's always exciting seeing new consoles, and hopefully we'll get to see the WiiU in action as well as the new Xbox too.

#14 Posted by Vortexshadowray (110 posts) -

The final specifications of the Wii U are rumored to be much more powerful than the E3 model, bumping up its power from ~3x the PS3 to ~5x the PS3 (making it just 20% weaker than the rumored Xbox 720, which is less than the difference between the original Xbox and the Gamecube).

While we won't know the final specs and details for ourselves until E3, this is it, folks. The next generation has begun.

charizard1605
It can;t begin if no system is out to next gen game on what are you talking about?
#15 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8453 posts) -
[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]The year before next gen is always exciting. charizard1605
I still remember 005, leading up to the reveal of the Wii and the PS3... it was insane.

*insert body is ready pic here
#16 Posted by Eponique (17859 posts) -

DigitalExile

I don't know about the 720, but I'd say the Wii U brings plenty of new, non-PC like experiences to the table :)

HYPED for Wii U :D

#17 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -
Next gen starts when the system gets released. :P I'm glad it's a big step from last gen.
#18 Posted by charizard1605 (58152 posts) -

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]The year before next gen is always exciting. MFDOOM1983

*insert body is ready pic here

meme

#19 Posted by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

AWESOME!!!!!!!

Who do we love? NINTENDO! Why do we love them? BECAUSE THEIR GAMES AREN'T CINEMATIC PIECES OF SH*T!!!

Yay Nintendo!!!!

#20 Posted by DigitalExile (16049 posts) -

[QUOTE="DigitalExile"]

Eponique

I don't know about the 720, but I'd say the Wii U brings plenty of new, non-PC like experiences to the table :)

HYPED for Wii U :D

Personally I hope it reminds me of the N64 again because then even I'd be heavily tempted to get one.

#21 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

AWESOME!!!!!!!

Who do we love? NINTENDO! Why do we love them? BECAUSE THEIR GAMES AREN'T CINEMATIC PIECES OF SH*T!!!

Yay Nintendo!!!!

NeonNinja
So you turned in to one of them?... color me surprised.
#22 Posted by BibiMaghoo (4019 posts) -
I have high hopes for this years E3. It should be the best Ive ever seen. And Sony jokes aside lol, does the next gen not start when the first console is actually out?
#23 Posted by charizard1605 (58152 posts) -

AWESOME!!!!!!!

Yay Nintendo!!!!

NeonNinja
Along with Valve, Bethesda and Blizzard, I think Nintendo are the only ones who 'get' gaming anymore.

Personally I hope it reminds me of the N64 again because then even I'd be heavily tempted to get one.

DigitalExile
I hope it's a spiritual N64-2 :D
#24 Posted by D4W1L4H (1826 posts) -
Old news... Someone posted this ag ago.
#25 Posted by charizard1605 (58152 posts) -
Old news... Someone posted this ag ago.D4W1L4H
Bow to your king.
#26 Posted by DigitalExile (16049 posts) -

[QUOTE="DigitalExile"]

charizard1605

Then again the days of Rare have gone. :(

#27 Posted by sandbox3d (5119 posts) -

[QUOTE="DigitalExile"]

charizard1605

Pretty much. I think next gen consoles will really just make good on what the HD twins had promised for this gen. That is, having games with nice visuals that can be displayed in 1080p native with a good frame rate. Something the HD twins were struggling to deliver.

Though I really hope that devs make more of a push in areas like AI and physics next gen. Things that can have a meaningful affect on gameplay rather than just eye candy... then again that's what I hoped for at the start of this gen and it didn't really happen outside of a few isolated cases.

#28 Posted by lordlors (5610 posts) -
I'm feeling E3 is still far away. I just can't wait.
#29 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9626 posts) -

[QUOTE="D4W1L4H"]Old news... Someone posted this ag ago.charizard1605
Bow to your king.

Didn't you hear? After you left D4W1L4H took over as King of the Sheep. :o

#30 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

Uh oh, it's on now!

#31 Posted by charizard1605 (58152 posts) -

Didn't you hear? After you left D4W1L4H took over as King of the Sheep. :o

Demonjoe93
It was a ruse to ensure the sheep would not fall into anarchy. Now that I am back, there is no need for the deception, and I can resume my duties as the TRUE King of Sheep.

DigitalExile
We still have the days of Retro!

Pretty much. I think next gen consoles will really just make good on what the HD twins had promised for this gen. That is, having games with nice visuals that can be displayed in 1080p native with a good frame rate. Something the HD twins were struggling to deliver.

Though I really hope that devs make more of a push in areas like AI and physics next gen. Things that can have a meaningful affect on gameplay rather than just eye candy... then again that's what I hoped for at the start of this gen and it didn't really happen outside of a few isolated cases.

sandbox3d
I'm hoping that the power boos is just enough to do just that.
#32 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9626 posts) -

[QUOTE="Demonjoe93"] It was a ruse to ensure the sheep would not fall into anarchy. Now that I am back, there is no need for the deception, and I can resume my duties as the TRUE King of Sheep. [QUOTE="DigitalExile"]

charizard1605

We still have the days of Retro!

sandbox3d

I'm hoping that the power boos is just enough to do just that.

I see then. Welcomebackyour highness. :cool:

#33 Posted by p3anut (5937 posts) -

Nintendo games in HD, finally. I'm gonna have to buy a good TV for the Wii U.

#34 Posted by charizard1605 (58152 posts) -

I see then. Welcomebackyour highness. :cool:

Demonjoe93
Rise, Knight of the Nintendo Kingdom
#35 Posted by SuperFlakeman (7342 posts) -

[QUOTE="NeonNinja"]

AWESOME!!!!!!!

Yay Nintendo!!!!

charizard1605

Along with Valve, Bethesda and Blizzard, I think Nintendo are the only ones who 'get' gaming anymore.

DigitalExile

:lol:wtf dude?

Valve/Blizz/Nintendo is the holy triforce of gaming.

#36 Posted by charizard1605 (58152 posts) -

SuperFlakeman

I agree with your statement.

But I love Bethesda :(

#37 Posted by sandbox3d (5119 posts) -

p3anut

Late to the party on that one eh?

Its probably for the better though. So many of us rushed out to buy hdtvs at the start of this gen. These days you can get something so much better for a fraction of the price. I think I'll be buying a new set sometime this year as well.

#38 Posted by charizard1605 (58152 posts) -

p3anut
I know, I've been waiting for Nintendo HD for so long now...
#39 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

[QUOTE="p3anut"]

charizard1605

I know, I've been waiting for Nintendo HD for so long now...

Mario, Zelda and Metroid in HD...*drools*

#40 Posted by Mario1331 (8826 posts) -

[QUOTE="SuperFlakeman"]

charizard1605

I agree with your statement.

But I love Bethesda :(

bethesda is very inconsistent char but we know you love skyrim so it wouldnt matter lol

#41 Posted by D4W1L4H (1826 posts) -
Absolute power corrupts absolutely. The liberation of SW will begin. What kind of a king abandons his people, in times of war? What kind of a king hides when his own people are rioting? Is this who you want ruling you? For shame.
#42 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9626 posts) -

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. The liberation of SW will begin. What kind of a king abandons his people, in times of war? What kind of a king hides when his own people are rioting? Is this who you want ruling you? For shame.D4W1L4H

REVOLT! :twisted:

#43 Posted by charizard1605 (58152 posts) -

[QUOTE="D4W1L4H"]Absolute power corrupts absolutely. The liberation of SW will begin. What kind of a king abandons his people, in times of war? What kind of a king hides when his own people are rioting? Is this who you want ruling you? For shame.Demonjoe93

REVOLT! :twisted:

You wouldn't dare! :o
#44 Posted by Dy_WarriorsXoXo (582 posts) -

AWESOME!!!!!!!

Yay Nintendo!!!!

NeonNinja

You love Nintendo because their games have ****y production values?

The Zelda games and Metroid definitely have cutscenes.

#45 Posted by charizard1605 (58152 posts) -

[QUOTE="NeonNinja"]

AWESOME!!!!!!!

Yay Nintendo!!!!

Dy_WarriorsXoXo

You love Nintendo because their games have ****y production values?

The Zelda games and Metroid definitely have cutscenes.

Cutscenes =/= cinematic games :)
#46 Posted by Kaszilla (1718 posts) -
Unmmm... the gamecube to Xbox was about 3-5% difference...
#47 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -
Is the Wii U coming out this year?
#48 Posted by charizard1605 (58152 posts) -
Is the Wii U coming out this year?lbjkurono23
Yes. That's literally the only thing we know about it.
#49 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -
[QUOTE="lbjkurono23"]Is the Wii U coming out this year?charizard1605
Yes. That's literally the only thing we know about it.

Awesome! Can't wait.
#50 Posted by topgunmv (10246 posts) -

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="DigitalExile"]

garland51

This. If you want more greater graphics, get a good gaming PC.

Plus I see that Cows are laughing about this rumor, but if the rumors are true that the Wii U & the next Xbox are similar to each other in power, & if Sony goes WAY overboard them both with the PS4, then guess who 3rd party developers are going to be paying more attention to? It certainly won't be the PS4. Then both the Wii U & the next Xbox owners will be having the last laugh then. :lol:

It'll be a double wammy if they use that stupid cell processor again, that'll destroy their chances of being in the position the 360 is in now with a lot of pc/360 only games.