Nintendo/Reggie's giving $40 giftcards to loyal Wii U users

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

To Pizza hut.

Well, this should give the people who kept their Wii U 5+ months to an incentive to keep it. I mean that is $40 at Pizza hut. Do it right and that could give you a month or more so it's better than nothing I guess.

#2 Edited by freedomfreak (40639 posts) -

:will:

#3 Posted by bobbetybob (19278 posts) -

Lolololol looks like Microsoft just lost Pizza Hut exclusivity, TLHBO.

#4 Posted by kingjazziephiz (2427 posts) -

Pizza hut is nasty

#5 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (25378 posts) -

Wonder if they gifted out to people who bought a lot of stuff on eShop.

#6 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8507 posts) -

I'll take a 40dollar gift card.

#7 Edited by MonsieurX (30269 posts) -

I hope I'll get one

#8 Edited by AutoPilotOn (8507 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart: I wonder what the requirement for this is? I have gotten platinum the last 3 years in a row and I already got it for this years. I got a notice recently Nintendo sent me something but I think it's just the platinum gift from last year

#9 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

well,

First what makes you "loyal"

well FREE PIZZA no one should complain

BUT

They should took that fucking $40 and put it to good use...

#10 Posted by Devil-Itachi (4376 posts) -

Nintendo does seem to treat their customers well. Even though pizza hut gift card seems somewhat random but still a generous gift. Not as if Nintendo is obligated to do anything.

#11 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25378 posts) -

@AutoPilotOn said:

@LegatoSkyheart: I wonder what the requirement for this is? I have gotten platinum the last 3 years in a row and I already got it for this years. I got a notice recently Nintendo sent me something but I think it's just the platinum gift from last year

I really don't know. I see stuff like this all the time and I don't get anything like it.

This isn't just Nintendo either, Microsoft and Sony do it too, but I don't know what the requirements are for "Loyalty".

Some dude got free Xbox Live Gold forever for having a crap load of Achievements so I guess the requirements of "Loyalty" is buying a crap ton of stuff for them all the time. (IE. you have bought everything from WiiU shop since it began or something.)

Honestly I think it's just a pull from a hat.

#12 Edited by ImDaMan4Realz (94 posts) -

lol, they have to do something

#13 Edited by Desmonic (14115 posts) -

@bobbetybob said:

Lolololol looks like Microsoft just lost Pizza Hut exclusivity, TLHBO.

Only decent info I got from this thread lol

#14 Posted by Netret0120 (2160 posts) -

Hmmmmm I like Pizza:-)

#15 Edited by resevl4rlz (3278 posts) -

they have crap products on club nintendo

#16 Posted by trugs26 (5502 posts) -

Lol, so random and awesome.

#17 Edited by Micropixel (906 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Wonder if they gifted out to people who bought a lot of stuff on eShop.

If that's the case then I should be in there somewhere. I have 88 eShop Purchases on my 3DS and 46 on my Wii U. I'm also currently sitting on over 1200 Club Nintendo points.

EDIT: Make that 38 on my Wii U (8 of my games are on disc).

Hook me up, Reggie!

#18 Posted by XenogearsMaster (3103 posts) -

This is so random. They can... you know give away games... or Gamestop gift cards...

#19 Posted by nini200 (9802 posts) -

This is going to piss off the Wii Fit Trainer...

#20 Edited by hippiesanta (9868 posts) -

I rather make love with Jack Tretton than fatty reggie

#21 Posted by Zassimick (6571 posts) -

Would rather have gift cards to the Wii U eShop. Eh, who am I kidding? I wouldn't be one of the people to get it anyways.

#22 Posted by Sword-Demon (6970 posts) -

can't complain about that, but a free game or E-shop gift card would be more appreciated and would make a bit more sense.

#23 Edited by SolidTy (43375 posts) -

If I remember right, Reggie used to be a top dog at Pizza Hut among other companies.

I remember researching him when he first appeared on the game scene. I thought this would be cooler than a $40 Pizza thing, but it's better than nothing. I would much rather have $40 Nintendo bucks or what have you.

#24 Posted by widdowson91 (1237 posts) -

They should gift it to me, I bought the Wii U day one.

#25 Posted by getyeryayasout (7533 posts) -

Giving away baby's first pizza won't do much to shuck the 'kiddy console' moniker. Probably a good cross-promo for both companies though, disgusting as it may be.

#26 Posted by Gaming-Planet (14022 posts) -

Nasty pizza.

#27 Posted by _Matt_ (8911 posts) -

Pizza Hut? Yuck, can't stand it after eating real Italian pizza for an entire year.

#28 Edited by drekula2 (1945 posts) -

Reggie used to work at Pizza Hut as the CEO. So it makes sense.

#29 Posted by MasterChiefYolo (35 posts) -

@drekula2 said:

Um no. Senior Director of National Marketing and CEO are two very different things. Do all sheep talk out of their ass?

#30 Posted by Solaryellow (485 posts) -
@Devil-Itachi said:

Nintendo does seem to treat their customers well. Even though pizza hut gift card seems somewhat random but still a generous gift. Not as if Nintendo is obligated to do anything.

This is exactly why I continue supporting Nintendo. The consumer purchases games and consoles and Nintendo gives them something back. It's been like this since the days of Nintendo Power and the original NES. I believe it was Christmas of 1988 when I received a free copy of Dragon Warrior as a bonus for my Nintendo Power subscription. Over the years there have been players guides, Zelda discs, Ambassador Program plus quite a few things to use with your Club Nintendo pin numbers. This company doesn't have to give you anything beyond consoles and games yet they do so which is more than I could say for many companies.

#31 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25378 posts) -

@masterchiefyolo said:

@drekula2 said:

Um no. Senior Director of National Marketing and CEO are two very different things. Do all sheep talk out of their ass?

well he was responsible for this.

#32 Edited by YearoftheSnake5 (7409 posts) -

@kingjazziephiz said:

Pizza hut is nasty

I am one with the grease.

#33 Posted by silversix_ (14638 posts) -

NICE! Now you will be eating a nasty pizza and dream about playing a video game instead of playing the delayed Smash Bros next Spring.

#34 Posted by DaBrainz (7666 posts) -

I would prefer free Pikman 3 but whatevs. I never signed up for the club Nintendo thing.

#35 Posted by babycakin (1551 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart:

For some reason, I thought back in the 90's, Little Ceaser's were the ones with the Bigfoot pizza. Well I wish I can have that 40 dollar gift card..

#36 Posted by lundy86_4 (43438 posts) -

Damn, can't eat Pizza Hut pizzas at all... Not that I have a WiiU.

#37 Edited by Heil68 (44649 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

I lol'd

XD

#38 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (7280 posts) -

I really hope I get one. That's great.

#39 Edited by stuff238 (641 posts) -

So instead of putting that money to making games or paying 3rd parties to bring their games over.....they buy everyone pizza? LMAO.

I used to have pizza parties all the time in grade school. Nintendo really is appealing to kids.

#40 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25378 posts) -

#41 Posted by JuanGrande386 (1115 posts) -

I dont care what you guys say, the Pzone is delicious!

#42 Edited by Bardock47 (5295 posts) -

So, how does one qualify for this gift?

#43 Posted by farrell2k (6163 posts) -

Sitting around playing Nintendo and eating Pizza Hut piza. Your heart couldn't as for a more abusive situation.

#44 Posted by Zaire_nxtgen720 (75 posts) -

MS gave us free t shirts

#45 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (4435 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

Pizza Hut? Yuck, can't stand it after eating real Italian pizza for an entire year.

Even home made Pizza tastes way better than that fast food shit. After a slice or two, I just taste greasy bread from fast food Pizza.