Nintendo reaffirms Star Fox, Zelda Wii U coming 2015

  • 69 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by MonsieurX (30865 posts) -

http://venturebeat.com/2014/09/02/nintendo-reaffirms-star-fox-zelda-wii-u-coming-2015-miyamotos-project-games-also-debuting-next-year/

Awwww yiiiiiiiiiiiiisss

#2 Posted by princeofshapeir (14437 posts) -

"b-but the wii u has no games"

#3 Posted by farrell2k (6675 posts) -

Again demonstrating that the WiiU has the best exclusive lineup for both 2014 and 2015. No one else even comes close!!!

#4 Posted by MonsieurX (30865 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

Again demonstrating that the WiiU has the best exclusive lineup for both 2014 and 2015. No one else even comes close!!!

inb4 PC fanboys

#5 Edited by farrell2k (6675 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@farrell2k said:

Again demonstrating that the WiiU has the best exclusive lineup for both 2014 and 2015. No one else even comes close!!!

inb4 PC fanboys

Shit. I should have said console lineup!

#6 Posted by wolverine4262 (19637 posts) -

Well, then maybe Ill buy a wii u in 2015.

#7 Posted by yokofox33 (30042 posts) -

Hooray! Looking forward to Zelda.

#8 Edited by m_machine024 (15026 posts) -

Nintendo are aiming to release StarFox in 2015 it means.......... I can see it getting delayed.

I don't care about most of those games but there's at least 5-6 games that I'm interested in so could be worse.

#9 Posted by KBFloYd (14064 posts) -

lol change the title to "wiiu takes shit on PS4..zeldaU and starfox reaffirmed"

#10 Edited by Pikminmaniac (9107 posts) -

I'm really curious to find out what Nintendo will do with the control scheme of the new Zelda. They made so many improvements to the franchise with the Wii remote in Skyward Sword. I hope they build on that or find out another way to advance the combat.

#11 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7485 posts) -

@Pikminmaniac: I think going back to the Wiimote would be a mistake since it is not bundled with the system. I agree that the game really needs to do something better than the old z-targeting, though. With 2 thumb sticks, there is simply no need for it.

#12 Edited by starwolf474 (738 posts) -

I don't believe both of them will release in 2015. One of them will get pushed back to 2016.

#13 Posted by Basinboy (11276 posts) -

Consider this the official forewarning: stay as far away from Sonic Boom as possible. That game has disaster written all over it.

#14 Posted by xhawk27 (7359 posts) -

@princeofshapeir said:

"b-but the wii u has no games"

It has future games in the future.

#15 Edited by MirkoS77 (7796 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

http://venturebeat.com/2014/09/02/nintendo-reaffirms-star-fox-zelda-wii-u-coming-2015-miyamotos-project-games-also-debuting-next-year/

Awwww yiiiiiiiiiiiiisss

I've never seen a list that I'm so utterly apathetic towards. Are the majority of those games really what Nintendo fans desire these days? Whatever floats your boat I guess. Zelda, Starfox, and Splatoon are the only ones on there that I hold any interest in. As for them hitting in 2015? Perhaps Zelda at holidays, won't rule Splatoon out, but with what Miyamoto had to say about Starfox at E3?:

"To complete the game within a year, though, is a significant undertaking, even for a company like Nintendo. To make sure it can get the job done, Nintendo may bring in an additional studio for support. Miyamoto said, "This is a game that we've developed internally up until now, but because we do want to bring this to market very soon, we are looking at some potential partner companies that we can team up with." However, Miyamoto also assured fans that he "will be directly in charge of the project," regardless of what other studio Nintendo partners with."

"Even" for a company like Nintendo? More like, "especially" for a company like Nintendo, Shiggy. You guys aren't known for cranking out games in a timely fashion, don't pretend as if you are. Starfox was in such an early state they didn't really even show it at E3 aside from snippets, they didn't even have a developer chosen for it yet., and they now expect us to believe it's only a year away? Unless something at Nintendo has changed I don't find that believable at all.

Think I'll bookmark this thread and save that image and see how well Ninty holds onto its word.

#16 Posted by Master_Of_Fools (1377 posts) -

What's odd is Devils Third, Mario Party 10, Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei, Watch Dogs Wii U and Fast Racing Neo is absent....though Fast Racing Neo is an E-Shop only game so I will let that slide. But again I say, I doubt there ever was a Wii U version of Watch Dogs. Mario Party 10 was 2015 how can it be gone? Devil's Third was aiming for 2014 then delayed till 2015 so not sure what happened to it, and Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei well all we know is it's on track...lol

#17 Posted by Master_Of_Fools (1377 posts) -

@starwolf474: Oh yes they will. Starfox has been in the works for 6 years. Zelda about 5 by next November. This 1 year wait is the 1 year delay for Zelda Wii U.

#18 Posted by farrell2k (6675 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

I've never seen a list that I'm so utterly apathetic towards. Are the majority of those games really what Nintendo fans desire these days? Whatever floats your boat I guess. Zelda, Starfox, and Splatoon are the only ones on there that I hold any interest in.

Why would you expect anyone to take you seriously when you can't even reply without contradicting yourself?

ap·a·thet·icˌapəˈTHetik/adjective

  1. showing or feeling no interest, enthusiasm, or concern.

#19 Posted by Master_Of_Fools (1377 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

@MonsieurX said:

http://venturebeat.com/2014/09/02/nintendo-reaffirms-star-fox-zelda-wii-u-coming-2015-miyamotos-project-games-also-debuting-next-year/

Awwww yiiiiiiiiiiiiisss

I've never seen a list that I'm so utterly apathetic towards. Are the majority of those games really what Nintendo fans desire these days? Whatever floats your boat I guess. Zelda, Starfox, and Splatoon are the only ones on there that I hold any interest in. As for them hitting in 2015? Perhaps Zelda at holidays, won't rule Splatoon out, but with what Miyamoto had to say about Starfox at E3?:

"To complete the game within a year, though, is a significant undertaking, even for a company like Nintendo. To make sure it can get the job done, Nintendo may bring in an additional studio for support. Miyamoto said, "This is a game that we've developed internally up until now, but because we do want to bring this to market very soon, we are looking at some potential partner companies that we can team up with." However, Miyamoto also assured fans that he "will be directly in charge of the project," regardless of what other studio Nintendo partners with."

"Even" for a company like Nintendo? More like, "especially" for a company like Nintendo, Shiggy. You guys aren't known for cranking out games in a timely fashion, don't pretend as if you are. Starfox was in such an early state they didn't really even show it at E3 aside from snippets, they didn't even have a developer chosen for it yet., and they now expect us to believe it's only a year away? Unless something at Nintendo has changed I don't find that believable at all.

Think I'll bookmark this thread and save that image and see how well Ninty holds onto its word.

Miyamoto has been working on Starfox for the past 6 years in secret, it was going to be a Wii game but ultimately became a Wii U game, it's like Pikmin 3 all over again.

#20 Edited by princeofshapeir (14437 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

I've never seen a list that I'm so utterly apathetic towards. Are the majority of those games really what Nintendo fans desire these days? Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Don't care about Xenoblade Chronicles X? Spiritual successor to the best JRPG of the 7th gen? Whatever floats your boat I guess.

For me personally, there is a grand total of one PS4 exclusive confirmed for 2015 that I care about. Everyone has different tastes but it's hard to argue any of the other consoles have better exclusive lineups for the rest of this year and 2015.

#21 Posted by madsnakehhh (14619 posts) -

Wow, amazing lineup, 2015 is going to be great,

#22 Posted by drummerdave9099 (781 posts) -

Delay Zelda U back to holiday 2016 and make it a launch game for a brand new console.

All Nintendo consoles should launch with Zeldas

#23 Posted by OhSnapitz (18464 posts) -

You know the sad part about that.. you probably just listed the entire 2015 WiiU lineup.

#24 Posted by foxhound_fox (89432 posts) -

And nobody will care because quality first party doesn't seem to sell a console or make it the winner.

A shame really.

#25 Posted by Wild_man_22 (653 posts) -

I'm pretty skeptical that project guard and giant robot are actual retail games at this point. Though they could be eshop games i suppose.

I wish Nintendo would highlight more indie games on their list.

And this makes me even more skeptical of watch dogs releasing on wii-u. Just exactly how early in development were they?

#26 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5792 posts) -

I have such mixed feelings for the Star Fox franchise despite only playing one game.

#27 Posted by Sollet (7414 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

And nobody will care because quality first party doesn't seem to sell a console or make it the winner.

A shame really.

I was thinking the same.

Sure it's good to have a strong first party lineup but when the third party support is abysmal it doesn't really matter.

#28 Posted by superbuuman (2993 posts) -

Will believe when I see it...they what delayed DK:TF for Cat Mario 3D World...also delayed Smash - need more time crap. :P ..if they manage to pull it off then great work ..Xenoblade Chronicles X better get release by 2015 - that was announce since Wii U launch. Think Starfox U will be a 2016 title. :P

#29 Posted by KungfuKitten (21218 posts) -

:o I love every Star Fox game so far. Even the adventures game. eXcited.

#30 Edited by PrincessSnipey (18 posts) -

@MonsieurX My husband SNIPER will play Star Citizen and I will play Star fox. :)

#31 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (4668 posts) -

Wii U is looking REALLY good now. I would say it probably does look awesome next year, however I'm still more looking forward to Arkham Knight than anything else right now.

#32 Posted by MirkoS77 (7796 posts) -

@Master_Of_Fools said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@MonsieurX said:

http://venturebeat.com/2014/09/02/nintendo-reaffirms-star-fox-zelda-wii-u-coming-2015-miyamotos-project-games-also-debuting-next-year/

Awwww yiiiiiiiiiiiiisss

I've never seen a list that I'm so utterly apathetic towards. Are the majority of those games really what Nintendo fans desire these days? Whatever floats your boat I guess. Zelda, Starfox, and Splatoon are the only ones on there that I hold any interest in. As for them hitting in 2015? Perhaps Zelda at holidays, won't rule Splatoon out, but with what Miyamoto had to say about Starfox at E3?:

"To complete the game within a year, though, is a significant undertaking, even for a company like Nintendo. To make sure it can get the job done, Nintendo may bring in an additional studio for support. Miyamoto said, "This is a game that we've developed internally up until now, but because we do want to bring this to market very soon, we are looking at some potential partner companies that we can team up with." However, Miyamoto also assured fans that he "will be directly in charge of the project," regardless of what other studio Nintendo partners with."

"Even" for a company like Nintendo? More like, "especially" for a company like Nintendo, Shiggy. You guys aren't known for cranking out games in a timely fashion, don't pretend as if you are. Starfox was in such an early state they didn't really even show it at E3 aside from snippets, they didn't even have a developer chosen for it yet., and they now expect us to believe it's only a year away? Unless something at Nintendo has changed I don't find that believable at all.

Think I'll bookmark this thread and save that image and see how well Ninty holds onto its word.

Miyamoto has been working on Starfox for the past 6 years in secret, it was going to be a Wii game but ultimately became a Wii U game, it's like Pikmin 3 all over again.

If that's true, that's really sad. We'll see. Leave it to Nintendo to reveal a game that fans have been clamoring for for years with barely a fizzle. HYPE!

#34 Posted by musicalmac (23149 posts) -

Sony and MS have made the WiiU the most appealing console this generation. I can't believe it, but it's true.

#35 Edited by Bread_or_Decide (17952 posts) -

Captain Toad was delayed until 2015.

And a part of me really still doesn't believe smash bros wii u will come out this holiday. They want a wide birth for the 3DS version and there's still no set release date for the Wii U version.

#37 Edited by HernandeZzzz (855 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

I've never seen a list that I'm so utterly apathetic towards.

Same here. Xenoblade is probably the only "Day 1" game on that list, but a single title won't make me buy (or keep) a console.

#38 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8556 posts) -

inb4 jelly cows and lemmings.

#39 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25847 posts) -

@princeofshapeir said:

"b-but the wii u has no games"

It would have had MORE games in 2015 if 3rd Parties supported it.

Imagine that list up there, but add Resident Evil Remaster, Resident Evil Revelations 2, Batman Arkham Knight, Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain, and The Witcher 3 to the list. The WiiU could have had a banging good Library, but NOPE Nintendo gotta Nintendo.

Not a bad list, but it could have been a heck of a lot better.

Also I highly doubt Star Fox, Project Giant Robot and Project Guard will hit 2015.

#40 Posted by aroxx_ab (10494 posts) -

@93BlackHawk93 said:

I have such mixed feelings for the Star Fox franchise despite only playing one game.

They managed to turn a amazing space shooter to a sucky adventure game...hope you played the first games.

Hope that list of 9 games is not all sheep get next year, i bet WiiU owners will enjoy Witcher 3, oh wait...

#41 Edited by mariokart64fan (19554 posts) -

There is more games Mario party 10 watch dogs just dance etc

#42 Edited by mariokart64fan (19554 posts) -

There is more games Mario party 10 watch dogs just dance etc

#43 Posted by bulby_g (1209 posts) -

Such a great list. There's a fair few games here I can't wait to get my hands on.

@Bread_or_Decide said:

Captain Toad was delayed until 2015.

That was just in Europe I believe.

#44 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5856 posts) -
@foxhound_fox said:

And nobody will care because quality first party doesn't seem to sell a console or make it the winner.

A shame really.

Or you could have both. See PS3.

#46 Edited by farrell2k (6675 posts) -

@Sollet said:

@foxhound_fox said:

And nobody will care because quality first party doesn't seem to sell a console or make it the winner.

A shame really.

I was thinking the same.

Sure it's good to have a strong first party lineup but when the third party support is abysmal it doesn't really matter.

Uhhhh, except that Mario Kart 8 increased console sales by more than 400%.

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/gs-news-update-mario-kart-8-increases-wii-u-sales-/2300-6419079/

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/06/mario-kart-8-has-increased-wii-u-sales-by-400/

Super Smash Brothers may do even better.

#47 Posted by foxhound_fox (89432 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@foxhound_fox said:

And nobody will care because quality first party doesn't seem to sell a console or make it the winner.

A shame really.

Or you could have both. See PS3.

The PS3 didn't get even halfway decent third party support until halfway through it's life. The vast majority of multiplats were better on 360 almost the entire length of the generation. See: Digital Foundry.

#48 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5856 posts) -
@foxhound_fox said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@foxhound_fox said:

And nobody will care because quality first party doesn't seem to sell a console or make it the winner.

A shame really.

Or you could have both. See PS3.

The PS3 didn't get even halfway decent third party support until halfway through it's life. The vast majority of multiplats were better on 360 almost the entire length of the generation. See: Digital Foundry.

Everything you said there was correct. Just saying PS3 eventually delivered. And yeah 360 was better for multiplats for sure. But the point is PS3 still got them. Wii U didn't.

#49 Posted by charizard1605 (58965 posts) -

That's a pretty sweet lineup, I gotta admit.

#50 Posted by 2Chalupas (5207 posts) -

@OhSnapitz: considering skylanders and batman pad the list, that might be the full 2015 list - aside from shovelware nobody wants anyway.