Nintendo Puts Majora's Mask In The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by charizard1605 (55964 posts) -

Majora Between Worlds

I think they're teasing the Majora's Mask 3DS remake pretty hard at this point. I'd assume a 2014 release date for that game.

Who all would buy it?

#2 Posted by Ultrabeatdown55 (15314 posts) -

Me.

#3 Posted by timmy00 (15360 posts) -

I think it's just an easter egg. I would totally buy majora's mask 3D though.

#4 Posted by Whiteblade999 (5536 posts) -

I would be all over that like a fat kid on cake, mostly because I've never played it before and I keep hearing it has the best story of them all by a longshot.

#5 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8708 posts) -
A reference to my second favorite Zelda game in the sequel to my favorite game of all time?

#6 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
its just an easter egg i would imagine.
#7 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2132 posts) -

I'd definitely buy it, I've never played Majora's Mask.  I actually have the mask on my Animal Crossing character right now, so cool looking.

#8 Posted by bbkkristian (14940 posts) -
[QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"]A reference to my second favorite Zelda game in the sequel to my favorite game of all time?

cheers, the remake is coming (hopefully :P )
#9 Posted by AcidSoldner (7051 posts) -
its just an easter egg i would imagine.campzor
#10 Posted by superclocked (5823 posts) -
This game is a day one buy for me....
#11 Posted by charizard1605 (55964 posts) -
[QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"]A reference to my second favorite Zelda game in the sequel to my favorite game of all time?

Is that supposed to be a euphemism
#12 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

they also put nabbit on it, and even went out of their way to point out how he was totally-not-nabbit.

and there's also the mario mask on majora's mask, and tons of others cross-series (or cross-game) references that mean nothing.

#13 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8708 posts) -
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"]A reference to my second favorite Zelda game in the sequel to my favorite game of all time?

#14 Posted by charizard1605 (55964 posts) -

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"]A reference to my second favorite Zelda game in the sequel to my favorite game of all time?

Xaero_Gravity

:o

#15 Posted by wiifan001 (18372 posts) -

I think it's a decorative easter egg, like in Skyward Sword there was a Tingle doll in Zelda's room.

#16 Posted by DarkGamer007 (6024 posts) -

I've been throwing money at the screen for a Majora's Mask Remaster since 2011 and nothing has happened yet :(

#17 Posted by TilxWLOC (1029 posts) -

they also put nabbit on it, and even went out of their way to point out how he was totally-not-nabbit.

and there's also the mario mask on majora's mask, and tons of others cross-series (or cross-game) references that mean nothing.

BrunoBRS

The difference being that they (if I am remembering right) have already stated that they would like to remake Majora's Mask, but they wanted to put out an original handheld Zelda game first. So, even if this means nothing (which is the most likely scenario), we will probably see a Majora's Mask remake.

I'd be down for a Majora's Mask remake, as much as I like the game it didn't age too well, it would be a blast with some modern polish.

#18 Posted by TilxWLOC (1029 posts) -

I think it's a decorative easter egg, like in Skyward Sword there was a Tingle doll in Zelda's room.

wiifan001

Not the best example, seeing as Wind Waker HD is right around the corner.

#19 Posted by Bardock47 (5239 posts) -

I'm down for it. Something is wrong with my collector edition gamecube disc  where it crahes pretty often. 

#20 Posted by charizard1605 (55964 posts) -

I'm down for it. Something is wrong with my collector edition gamecube disc  where it crahes pretty often. 

Bardock47
No, the Gamecube emulation just sucks.
#21 Posted by SpinoRaptor24 (9996 posts) -

Stop teasing us and give us Majora's Mask for the 3DS Nintendo.

#22 Posted by Bardock47 (5239 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bardock47"]

charizard1605

No, the Gamecube emulation just sucks.

Really? That blows. Either way I'm game:P

#23 Posted by lamprey263 (23104 posts) -
I'd buy it, hopefully it's on 3DS because I've no desire for a Wii U in the meantime.
#24 Posted by yokofox33 (29351 posts) -

I'm not gonna put much stock into that, but I would definitely buy the remake.

#25 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

Majora's Mask? Meh.

#26 Posted by samanthademeste (1101 posts) -

I thought Majora's Mask was going to be for the Wii U. *shrugs*

#27 Posted by loosingENDS (11775 posts) -

its just an easter egg i would imagine.campzor

Or a hint

Why not make some millions on Zelda MM release on 3DS ?

Afterall they did make OOT for it, so would be trivial to port

#28 Posted by Chrome- (1662 posts) -

Well done nintendo, just when I thought they couldn't **** up the timeline even more.

#29 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26272 posts) -

Bardock47

I have that compilation myself. It's an actual flaw with the emulation. Still playable, unlike say, Sonic Genesis on GBA, but it's still an emulation flaw.

#30 Posted by locopatho (20177 posts) -

Well done nintendo, just when I thought they couldn't **** up the timeline even more.

Chrome-
People who think there;s a timeline and try to shoehorn a ton of unrelated and contradictory games together confuse me. They're just games. People don't freak out trying to make a Final Fantasy timeline just cos Moogles and Bahamut appear repeatedly.
#31 Posted by Chrome- (1662 posts) -
[QUOTE="Chrome-"]

locopatho
People who think there;s a timeline and try to shoehorn a ton of unrelated and contradictory games together confuse me. They're just games. People don't freak out trying to make a Final Fantasy timeline just cos Moogles and Bahamut appear repeatedly.

Except that unlike FF Zelda has an official timeline full of contradictions, a third split timeline at the end of ocarina of time? C'mon man.
#32 Posted by locopatho (20177 posts) -
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="Chrome-"]

Chrome-

Except that unlike FF Zelda has an official timeline full of contradictions, a third split timeline at the end of ocarina of time? C'mon man.

Yeah the fact that the "official" timeline is itself split and still contradictory is why I just don't give a dam. Some seem to care and I think Nintendo is catering to them but to me most are different games. Repeat characters and items notwithstanding.
#33 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

I would buy it, but I hope they would give it as much an overhaul if not moreso, than they did with Wind Waker HD.  it needs shiny new graphics, some fixed mechanics, and a bit of added content and polish in the field.  MM is almost a masterpiece. 

#34 Posted by Lionheart08 (15337 posts) -

tumblr_m05woryvER1r5hsoxo1_400.gif.

#35 Posted by loosingENDS (11775 posts) -

I've been throwing money at the screen for a Majora's Mask Remaster since 2011 and nothing has happened yet :(

DarkGamer007

Maybe you have thrown enough by now and is happening

#36 Posted by speedfog (3035 posts) -

I would play it if it would come to the Wii U. Never played a Zelda game before :(.

#37 Posted by Lumpy311 (673 posts) -

Won't stop the Wii U from being shit.

#38 Posted by charizard1605 (55964 posts) -

Lumpy311
Good thing we're not talking about the Wii U, then.
#39 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16672 posts) -

Day one buy if they do it. BGOAT, but improved? Yes, please.

#40 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16672 posts) -

I would buy it, but I hope they would give it as much an overhaul if not moreso, than they did with Wind Waker HD.  it needs shiny new graphics, some fixed mechanics, and a bit of added content and polish in the field.  MM is almost a masterpiece. 

NaveedLife

Really, all it needs is an improved save system and maybe a kind of hint system.  The graphics and new content (master quest maybe) is pretty much a given.

#41 Posted by wiifan001 (18372 posts) -

Lumpy311
This has nothing to do with the Wii U idiot.
#42 Posted by KBFloYd (13139 posts) -

[QUOTE="Lumpy311"]

wiifan001

This has nothing to do with the Wii U idiot.

lol this is the first pc gamer ive seen really hate the wiiU...oh wait silversix is pretty bad too.

#43 Posted by DocSanchez (1559 posts) -

Jesus. Stop harking back and begging for old games to be remade. Just go get them on their original consoles. Nintendo don't even have to try hard for their die hards. 

#44 Posted by loosingENDS (11775 posts) -

Jesus. Stop harking back and begging for old games to be remade. Just go get them on their original consoles. Nintendo don't even have to try hard for their die hards. 

DocSanchez

I really want a remake of MM on 3DS, play on the go, 3D effect and new texturing would all be very wellcome

OOT is amazing on 3DS

I think this is a clear sign it is coming. It uses the same engine as OOT, so essentially they could breeze though the port and get it done fast and cheap and make millions from that

#45 Posted by texasgoldrush (9137 posts) -
Majora's Mask >>>> Ocarina of Time